Closed Deadly Dance on the Rooftops

Genryuu faces off against Mialy in the most cliche way possible

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Deadly Dance on the Rooftops

Postby Genryuu Senkou on July 14th, 2013, 4:18 am

44th of Summer, 513 AV

The city of Syliras, cast in the tepid moonlight, was filled with an eerie quiet buzz. While the streets were indeed patrolled by guards and perhaps the occasional Knight, the wiser folks knew better than to stroll about in the alleys past midnight. Accidents can and do happen, and those that treasure their well-being tend to avoid them as much as possible.

Not Genryuu.

Perhaps he was just being young and reckless, perhaps he was still mesmerized by the beauty of the city in the moonlight, or perhaps he just couldn't sleep due to recently moving into this new city and starting an exciting new life, Genryuu decided to take a stroll on this very night in the darkest hour before dawn against better judgement.

He wandered through the streets, trying to use all his senses to absorb every sound, every smell, every sight, commiting them to memory as much as possible, for he knew that when dawn arises, he would have errands to run once again. It would be to his advantage to avoid being lost in the bustling crowds of the morning and get to his new occupation as quickly as possible. He gazed up occasionally as he walked down the streets, admiring the full moon in the sky devoid of clouds. It was a rare sight to see in Nyaka or even the Konti Isles, for Genryuu was so busy then with either training in Martial Combat or Medicinal Crafts that he hardly had time to look up from the earth at his feet.

Only now, in one of the busiest cities in Mizahar, was he able to find the time to admire the astronomical wonders that were always before him.

It was through looking up at the night sky, however, that he noticed something out of the ordinary. Along the rooftops, cast in a dark silhouette by the moonlight, was the figure of a humanoid being, walking along the rooftops, with some manner of a satchel in its hand.

While he had not been well taught in the ways of the street, Genryuu still recognized that there was nothing honorable about tip-toeing along the rooftops on such a night. He could call the guards with just one shout... Or better yet, he could investigate himself and earn himself some fame in this city

With barely any conscious effort, Genryuu slammed his steel quarterstaff into the dry earth with a "thud", and used it as a vaulting pole to somersault through the air to land on the room in front of the shadowed figure. He slipped a little when landing on the smooth roof tiles, cursing himself inwardly for not training harder in Acrobatics while he was still in Nyaka.

As he balanced himself, Genryuu swung his steel quarterstaff in a circular arc, its tip pointing towards the throat of the shadowed figure as he lowered himself into a lower, more stable stance.

"Its surely a good night for a stroll, but I doubt so much so for a stroll along the rooftops, don't you think?" He said in a conversational tone to the shadowed figure. The moonlight had shone upon the person, revealing her to be a young woman of rather fair looks, although a little more on the short side.

"You had best identify yourself, and get off the roof, before the guards arrive" He declared warily, ready to get into action should the woman lash out.
Genryuu Senkou
Doctor, Warrior, and Renounced Monk

Words: 18459
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2013, 9:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mialy on July 14th, 2013, 5:01 am

Mialy had been running along rooftops, avoiding patrols, making little to no sound, as she swiftly approached her target. That is, until a man seemed to have jumped onto the roof as well in front of her. Frowning as the man spoke, she subconsciously lowered her center of gravity, her left hand going behind her back, before she realized what she was doing. Stopping in that position she put her right hand to her forehead, in an action of berating oneself. 

Taking her hand of her head, but otherwise staying in the same position, Mialy spoke in a cheerful tone, with a genuine smile on her face. "You know, you shouldn't just ask a lady's name, without giving out your own~!"
Mialy
Player

Words: 9370
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Character sheet

Postby Genryuu Senkou on July 14th, 2013, 5:52 am

Genryuu flushed bright red at the lady's beratement. It was fortunate for him that the night sky covered most of his embarrasment.

"I... apologize..." He muttered sheepishly. "I am new to this town and not used to its customs. I have no fear of giving out my own name though. I am Genryuu. Genryuu Senkou. Now may I have the honor of knowing yours?"

Although embarrased, he had not failed to notice the lady's left hand discretely moving to behind her back. Genryuu tensed his grip on his quarterstaff, readying himself for sudden attacks.

"I would rather you not try to start anything dangerous," He added with a little bit more confidence. "The City Guards would probably take notice and soon will come after us. I'll hate to be in trouble before I even got settled in this city."

"Now that I have given out my name, may I have the honor of knowing yours, as well as what's in that satchel?"

He felt stupid almost immediately after saying that. For what else could there be in the satchel of one who walks rooftops, but that of stolen goods?
Genryuu Senkou

Character sheet

Postby Mialy on July 14th, 2013, 6:23 am

Mialy nodded slightly, as she noticed the man was a newcomer to this city. However, her eyes moved to Genryuu's hands, specifically the tendons and ligaments that are more pronounce when one tightens their grip on something. 

Before she could think of anything, she subconsciously drew the dagger from behind her back, and responded in a voice that was lower in volume, completely emotionless. "You may refer to me as Miko. What is in this satchel is what someone payed for. You could say I'm-" Suddenly interrupting herself, and shaking her head, she thought to herself, What am I doing? He hasn't attacked me yet, so why am I ready to fight?. Her facial expression was now conveying her confusion to her own spoken words and actions, and the dagger she had drawn was nearly about to fall out of her now loose grip.
Mialy
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genryuu Senkou on July 14th, 2013, 6:31 am

Genryuu could not bring himself to relax as he noticed this Miko lass draw out a dagger from behind his back. It was indeed alot less omnious that what he had been imagining, but still, he had seen professional assassins quarter men limb from limb with one of those things.

"What someone has payed for? So I take it that you're a courier then?" He said sarcastically. "If so, Miss Courier, why the need to transport it through such unorthodox means as the roofline of this beautiful city?"

"And I would suggest you either start doing something with that dagger" He added "Or drop it before you hurt yourself with that thing." He no longer saw her as just another girl... but rather a potential threat.
Genryuu Senkou

Character sheet

Postby Mialy on July 14th, 2013, 6:49 am

The corner of her mouth twitched, when she heard Genryuu's response. "They paid me to bring these satchel to them. However, I'm pretty sure if the guards were to see me run through the alleyways with a bag, they would immediately jump me." The response came out without a trace of emotion yet again.

Noticing the man was ready for a confrontation, and knowing most if not everyone had more strength then herself, Mialy quickily returned the dagger to its sheath in response to Genryuu's words. Or at least she tried to. In her haste, she missed the sheath, so when she let go, the dagger fell onto the rooftop with a clatter, producing a quiet, cute squeal from Mialy as she leapt slightly to the side, before covering her mouth, as if to prevent herself from creating more noise.
Mialy
Player

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on July 14th, 2013, 11:55 am

Woah woah, hold it just a chime here guys. Syliras is one huge fortress and not in the shape of a conventional city. You can't possibly look up to the sky as it would be covered by the stone ceilings. Also, you can't possibly run along the rooftops because there are no rooftops, only the castle's roofs which is heavily guarded by knights and archers.

All in all, this thread utterly skews the lore to the point that a moderator intervention is required. You may not continue to post as it's beyond repair. Please create a new thread which follows the lore.

Mandatory reading materials:
-Syliras
-Syliran Districts
-Syliran Knights

PM me for questions or concerns.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)