[Gyvaka Swamps] "How Interesssting." [Haeli]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Postby Ksandaer on July 19th, 2010, 1:55 pm

AV 510, Day 14 of Summer
Gyvaka Swamps

The swamps were no place for the average human. The swamps were no place for an Akalak or Isur or Vantha or Charoda, probably even a Zith would be out of his element here. There were a handful of races that could survive in the wilds, let alone here, Ksandaer was one. Ksandaer was able to survive for several reasons. One, he was one-hundred and ten years old, that was one-hundred and ten long years of practicing for survival, hunting, fighting for his life. Two, he was tenacious, dedicated, and valued his survival more than anything else, which was fine because he carried no possessions around with him, they were a nuisance when he decided to shift forms. And Three, he was Dhani, Constrictor to be exact. There was very little that was longer, heavier, or more powerful than he.

"Do not be frightened little one. Come to me." Ksandaer's voice was hardly a whisper, but the large swamp rat was locked in Ksandaer's gaze. Eyes watching eyes, neither body was moving except for very minuscule motions, such as the expanding of the chest when the large rat inhales, or Ksandaer's lengthy tail (He was in his Dhani form, Half Man/Half Snake) was slowly crawling around the furry creature, trying to position itself out of its sight but without alerting the prey. Everything in the rat told it to run. Instincts, natural desire to survive, the twitching muscles suggested it was about to, but it wasn't, not yet. As long as it was peering into Ksandaer's red-tinted eyes, the rat's emotions were altered. He should have been afraid, but it felt calm, trusting, perhaps almost affectionate towards Ksandaer. Ksandaer knew his Hypnotism had taken effect.

Now, there was no room for distraction, since Ksandaer relied on the Hypnotism through his eyes more so his voice or actions (since nothing else was really soothing enough in this situation to work as a soothing emotion for Hypnotism). Slowly the large Swamp Rat began to inch towards Ksandaer, it's little inferior mind giving into the temptation that Ksandaer was a friend rather than a foe, or a predator that was only moments from swallowing him whole.

The strike was quickly. With the large tail, and majority of his body being like a snake, he was able to coil around the rat, all feelings from the Hypnotism was gone now as the rat began to squeal and cry in terror and pain, but before long, the tail tightened, no air, no cries of pain. Bones would be broken easily, but Ksandaer continued to hold the rat there as he watched his own tail, marveling at the small lump created by coils on coils of muscular scaly tail. The rat wasn't even visible now, as every portion of it was hidden by the Dhani's Death Grip, and even though the rat was dead within seconds, Ksandaer made sure by refusing to let up. Old habits you could say. You never want an unconscious meal waking up mid-digestion. It was annoying at least.
Last edited by Ksandaer on July 22nd, 2010, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ksandaer
Player

Words: 7014
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Haeli on July 20th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Haeli watched, her nose wrinkling slightly. Rat? Really? Sure, they were acceptable food sources, but there was far more in the swamp that tasted a whole lot better than rats. Even Ozantha, who had been a full blooded constrictor thought so. Strangers were rare in the Gyvaka, even more so strange Dhani. Haeli was always cautious of them, especially now that she was all alone and her mentor was dead. What she couldn't figure out though, was why the rat hadn't ran. They weren't highly intelligent, but generally the creatures didn't stick around for a snake to eat them. And beings that a snake was - or as close to a snake as a dhani could come - was nearby, that did indeed mean that something else was going on that didn't cause the rat to run.

Haeli knew she should have turned around and taken herself for a run rather than become a next meal, but she didn't. Was it common sense, or was it something more? Curiosity? Sure. She longed for companionship and the swamps had been lonely since her Dhani mentor had died. Here, at last, was her chance to talk to another living being. At least, one that wasn't going to sail off ten chimes after trading her blind.

So she did the stupid thing and stepped out of the thick swamp underbrush and just put herself in plain view of the feeding dhani. Quietly, making no sudden moves, the barefoot waif smiled and spoke clearly in Snake-Tongue. "There are far more tastier things to eat in the swamp you know. Settling for rats is like settling for feces. I could show you." She offered, helpfully, her accent slightly strange but not perhaps wholly out of place for somewhere like Zinrah.

Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ksandaer on July 22nd, 2010, 3:00 am

NoteAll double consonants are hisses, such as "Sss", "Xxx", or any others that make the hissable 'S' sound. More means a longer hiss.

Ksandaer continued to watch the bulging coils as the contained the obviously passed away giant swamp rat. Even when the Dhani, who was very large in size due to being in his Dhani form, heard a voice from behind, almost mocking his choice in food, he did not turn around. The large Dhani was not afraid though, it didn't particularly sound like a threatening voice, and chances were that she would not be able to outpower him, there was very little in existence that possessed more strength than a constrictor Dhani, Siku's favorite (he was certain of that). Slowly his head turned around to face Haeli, and he would stare into her eyes, if she would return gazing into his red irises that is, and assuming she did, his magical preference would already be at work via eye contact. It wouldn't be nearly as effective on a creature with a more advanced brain, thought patterns and such. Emotions would be difficult to completely alter, but he would give subtle nudges.

The coils around the rat gave a quick tightening as a faint snapping sound was heard, more bones broken for sure. "Maybe thisss creature iss foul to the tassste, but I have a very large sstomach and an appetite to appeassse. You do look more appealing, I admit. Perhapsss I have been blessssed with an offering?" Ksandaer meant that Haeli herself was the offering, an offering to his stomach that is. There was little that the Dhani cared for, one was Siku, two was himself, three was his appetite. Beyond that, nothing mattered. His large body began to very slowly slither towards Haeli, the large rat, still not eaten, was carried along in the tightened grips of his lengthy muscular thick scaly tail. "But I comprehend you perfectly. You have exxxperiencce with a Dhani before." Ksandaer paused a moment as he grinned, still his slithering tail slowly propelled him towards the human girl.

"How Interesssting. What do you call yourssself my child?" Ksandaer didn't even bother to respond to her offer. He could hunt fine, feed himself fine, and she was rather bold to step out of nowhere, interrupting a Dhani before he was about to consume his prey, which was now growing cold, a detestable thought, and to judge him on his choice? He didn't bother for 'fine dining', he would eat anything that would sustain him, and he ate a lot. A human would make a fine collection next to the side dish of Rat.

The Dhani had no intention of allowing the girl to live, but he was also very intrigued at her fluency in his native language, which was a very uncommon thing for anybody but Dhani to even have a basic grasp of. How she knew it so well was almost impressive. He had to know. If there was another Dhani here pulling her strings, luring him into some trap, he had to know, then he would hunt down that Dhani, proceed to devour the girl, then continue on his journey of aimless wandering, which was all in hopes that he would stumble across Siku.
Ksandaer
Player

Character sheet

Postby Haeli on July 29th, 2010, 9:38 pm

Haeli smiled. She took a slight step back and shook her head. "I wasn't volunteering to be an offering." She said in perfect snake tongue. "I was offering to be a guide and show you some of the finer points of the swamp." She added, holding her hands out to show there was no threat there. There never was. Haeli wasn't trained in any sort of combat and really had no defensive skills other than in her morphed forms. And those forms, at her level, took her quite a while to morph into. She was truthfully no threat to the Dhani, and that would be obvious. Her body language, her posture, even her eye contact all suggested she was dhani and deferring to him, even though he could clearly smell her humanness.

When he asked for her name, she promptly replied. Bowing slightly she offered him up her name in a tone that suggested he could change it if he liked. "I was called Haeli by my mother, who is now passed through Siku's coils and into Caiyha's arms ." She said, offering up the suggestion that she was alone and isolated. "You are the first sentient creature I've seen in quite a while. It is why I approached. Surely you'd like to eat far better than rat and human. I'll show you where the egrets roost. They are easy to catch, even for me, and I promise they will be so tasty that their meat will melt on your tongue and send quivers through your coils." The girl said, bold in her speech. She wanted to ask him his name, but figured he would share it if and only if he deemed her worthy of such things. Ozantha had warned her. The Dhani were territorial and prideful.

"Come with me. It is not far. And you can see them long before they can see you. Such is the way of Siku's pool.."
She said again, her voice pleasant and helpful.

Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ksandaer on August 8th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Ksandaer continued to watch the woman named Haeli with great intrigue as he continued to steady focus his Djed into his eyes. Hypnotism was something he excelled at, took pride in, and made advantages with. The longer one dared to stare into his snake-slit pupils, the more dangerous the person's predicament became. Still though, Ksandaer had made up his mind by now, he wasn't going to kill and eat Haeli, not yet anyways. He needed to know he was safe, and he (Being Dhani) knew full well that Dhani rarely appreciated each other. Using a human as a distraction for an ambush or surprise attack would not be far from a cunning Dhani's plots. Ksandaer had considered it before, if only he had his own territory to protect and utilize that is. Being a traveler was not particularly common amongst Dhani. No, they were territorial. "Perhaps Siku sent you as an offering then. Whether you sssarifice yourself willingly or not. I will follow you for now Haeli, but I am curious of your motivess. Be aware my child, that if you should try and slay me, you'll be sleeping with your mother before you can utter ssso much as a cry of pain." Ksandaer smiled wickedly at his threats. He felt confident she wouldn't test him, she seemed wise, intelligent, but she also seemed to be cunning, something Ksandaer detested in other beings. With his guard up and his eyes constantly scanning the swamps, Ksandaer agreed to follow the woman, though his rat-lunch was still drug along within the slithering powerful coils of his tailed body, the warmth from the large Swamp Rat was nearly completely dissipated now. It would not be as enjoyable, not that a rat was ever enjoyable.

"You have interesssting wordss about you little one. Certainly you know much about Dhani, ssince you ssspeak my tongue ssso well. You mussst know the dangers a Dhani possesses, especially Consstrictorsss" Ksandaer spoke, ever confident, ever arrogant, and always with that faint underlying layer of threat. He didn't straight up say 'Why are you stupid enough to mess with me', but he was hinting at it. Why did she risk her life just to lead an ever hungry Reptilistic Humanoid to a source of delectable food. Something with the situation didn't settle well with Ksandaer, but he would risk it anyway. He was, after all, always hungry.

"You sspeak well of Siku, a fact I cannot ignore. Perhapsss if you were like me I would applaud you, but I cannot help but feel uneassy with your boldnesssss. Little Haeli, was your mother Dhani?"
Ksandaer
Player

Character sheet

Postby Elysium on December 16th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Character: Ksandaer
XP:
Hypnotism +2
Observation +1

Lores:
The Dangers of a Swamp
Humans Make an Appealing Snack
Haeli the Human

Character: Haeli
XP:
Observation +2
Rhetoric +1

Lores:
The Hunger for Companionship
How to Approach a Constrictor

Other: I would have loved to see how this interaction concluded! It was a very tense scene! Both of you wrote quite well.

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)