Completed Lessons for the Lovestruck (Matthew)

Savio gets some pointers on how to woo his crush from an experienced harlot.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Lessons for the Lovestruck (Matthew)

Postby Savio on August 16th, 2013, 2:30 am

Savio gave a small sigh before kicking off his boots and lying down on his bed. He adjusted the pillow so that his arm could sit comfortably above his head and on the cushion. Savio turned his head to face the other man, and to watch him. His curiosity was not dampened by the other man’s distraction. He wanted to learn. What Matthew did had to be some form of magic, right? He had never seen his Aunt be stunned so quickly. That woman was intelligent and educated, and she was never fooled by the cheap parlor tricks Savio would occasionally show her because he had learned it from one of his performer friends. Despite her silliness from time to time, she was not gullible.

Once he was settled, Matthew began talking about the real subject of interest. Savio listen closely to Matthew, trying to burn the words into his brain. Matthew was right about Savio’s lack of confidence. Adean had pointed it out from time to time, but Savio couldn’t ever really work past it. He didn’t understand it. He acknowledged that he was easy one the eyes for the most part. He knew that he was a good person on the inside. But why didn’t he believe his mind?

It was mostly around women when he would shrink back, and his words would get stuck in his throat. His heart would hammer in his chest and his face would turn a vibrant shade of red, the color even reaching his ears. He knew that they were watching him, judging his words and actions and comparing him to other men. Savio enjoy competition but he also preferred to know who he was up against. There was no telling what ran through women’s minds as they interact with Savio. It was unnerving for him.

Another thing was his style. He did keep his body clean. He hated to be overly dirty, and body odor made his stomach churn. His clothes on the other hand, that was a whole other matter. He came from a well-to-do family. Having fashionable clothes was not an issue. But how he dressed when he was out with his friends and how he dressed when he was with his Aunt and meeting political figures were two completely different things.

He dressed down for his friends, they all knew he was better off than them but he was not the one to brag. He would just wear cotton pants and shirt, and his favorite pair of boots. The clothes were normally baggy so that he could move better for when he practiced Acrobatics. Normally these clothes had a tear on the knees or sweat stains on the shirt. Those clothes allowed him to blend in with his troupe and not stand out unpleasantly.

But when he was with his Aunt, she demanded that he dress like a proper Sylirian man. His tunic was of a finer quality of fabric; his pants were neatly ironed and tailored perfectly to fit his slender hips. His boots were top quality leather and were polished to a nice shine. His hair was also styled so that it didn’t like the windblown flair that it normally was. Savio was cursed with many cowlicks. Now that he thought about it, Raven had never seen him in his fancy clothes.

Matthew then got quiet, seeming to think inwardly before speaking once more to ask Savio whether he wanted to woo one girl or just females in general. Savio thought for a moment. In all reality, he only wanted one girl but from an acrobatic point of view, seduction would help in his performances… Right?

“I only want one girl, but learning how to seduce my audience will surely help me become a better acrobatic performer.” Savio said in a thoughtful tone.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Matthew on August 19th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Matthew nodded, understanding passing over his intelligent gaze before he spoke. "I understand. When it comes to clothes, the point is to simply look sharp. You can wear any old clothes you want, but try not to have any sort of holes in them. Just keep them at least a little fitted. You can go to a tailor to get them adjusted so they are snug, but not restricting. Just don't look sloppy. Some people can pull off holes, or pull off unbuttoned shirts, but it all depends on how the outfit comes together." He paused a moment, trying to figure out how to get his point across. After a moment, he continued on, his words a bit slower as he pieced together the best way to state things. "It may help to simply go people-watching sometimes. Note your first impressions of people, and then specifically note why you have that impression. There is a difference between smug and snooty, and simply well-dressed. It is the same for poor and pathetic, and stylishly casual. Is this all clicking so far?" He arched an eyebrow, giving the man enough time to actually nod or shake his head before continuing on. "This is even more important if you are planning on being a performer. Do you want your clientele to think you are a street rat doing little flips for coin, or do you want them to think you are a man working hard to perfect an art of his own?" Another pause, this time to let it sink in.

"As for confidence, I don't know what is making you so... withheld. Some women like it. The one you enjoy very well may. But if she is outgoing herself, I would dare make the logical assumption that she would like someone who can keep up. Just remember, when your throat clenches and your stomach flips... what is going to happen? You are going to say something stupid? Then learn to play it off. Learn to laugh at yourself. Women like that as well." He shrugged his shoulders, glancing at the ceiling, chewing his lower lip. "Find your strengths and be confident about them. What they think is merely thoughts. Thoughts cannot kill. They can only shame. Learn that shame isn't a big deal. It is mere emotion." He was being awful talkative. He hoped this was actually helping the young man.

"That is all I'll say about your up and coming career, as I think you would rather focus on this girl of yours. What is she like? Shall you show me her, or would it be best just to tell me what you can? That'll help your approach." Matthew spoke firmly and calmly, going about all of this in a very business-like way. He was a fairly apathetic teacher, which might be a good think when it came to Savio. The acrobatic wouldn't hear a moment of judgement, or a second of ill thought. Matthew was discussing this like any other normal thing would be discussed. It was a science to him, just like some aspects of the acrobatics. The harlot-to-be just leaned back against the wall, hands clasped under his chin, bright blue eyes staring steadily at Savio.

Last edited by Matthew on August 21st, 2013, 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Savio on August 20th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Savio sat up a little more and focused completely on Matthew, his brain trying to soak up everything that was being said. So he didn’t have to wear his fancy clothes all the time. That was good, since he felt uncomfortable in them. He was going to have to go to the tailors tomorrow and see about what clothes he can have made that will suit him best.

And people watching? That seemed liked a strange hobby, was that what Matthew was doing when Savio was practicing with Adean? How interesting, and perhaps slightly creepy. But if it will help, then surely Savio can try it. And he did want to look good for when (if) he ever performed with his friends, he didn’t want to let them down. Savio pondered this for a while before nodding to Matthews questions of if he understood or not before the older man moved on to other topics such as his confidence.

Savio flinched slightly when Matthew pointed out his flaw but he found it hard to believe that any woman would like his shy behavior. He found it to be annoying at best. And Raven was very outgoing, so perhaps that was why she was not too interested in him. They were opposites in that manner.

As for laughing at himself, he already did that all too well. It had become more or less a defense mechanism. At least when he laughed at himself, he would know that others would be laughing with him rather than at him. He hated being mocked by laughter. He could take snide remarks and insults, but he hated being laughed at by someone who sought to embarrass him.

”Thoughts cannot kill. They can only shame. Learn that shame isn't a big deal. It is mere emotion." Savio found that he liked that phrase so he carefully tucked it away in his mind to contemplate on at a later time. It struck him as something profound in his mindset. Like a new virtue that he can fall back upon when needed.

His internal musings were abruptly halted when Matthew brought up “the girl” in question. And right on cue, Savio’s face turned a bright scarlet red his he imagined her in his mind. “She has to be the most beautiful woman I have ever known. You may not know her; since you are new here so giving her name might be pointless so I will describe her. She is only a few inches shorter than me, with silky black hair that looks like it had been woven from the feathers of a raven. Her skin is fair and flawless, and her eyes… They are the most brilliant shade of gold, and I have never seen anyone with a similar eye color. Her lips are full and pink, and her body…” his voice trailed off, his eyes had been closed throughout most of the description. Both out of embarrassment and to that he could envision her better. He opened his stone grey eyes and looked at Matthew with a sheepish expression.

“She very beautiful to me, to say the least. But her personality shines just a brightly. She is wild and carefree like the wind itself. She is always so prone to getting into trouble and breaking the rules. It’s a challenge to just keep up with her sometimes, but I love every moment. It’s a thrill. With her, I don’t have to be serious all the time like how my father wants, nor do I have to pretend to be poor so that I can fit in like I have to with my friends. I can be myself when it’s just her and I.”

Savio leaned back on the bed once more and looked up at the stone ceiling. “I know it sounds wishy-washy, but it’s the truth.”

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Matthew on August 21st, 2013, 12:56 pm

Savio was a basket case for this girl. Matthew had to force himself to hide his... he wasn't even sure what he felt. He wasn't particularly surprised or grossed out or anything. It was just a swirl of emotion. Perhaps he was surprised. He had rarely ever heard a man describe a woman the way that Savio just had. There was a certain level of adoration to his tone, along with the blushing cheeks and the eager words... well, it all combined quite well. The harlot-to-be could see why Savio was likely struggling with his current situation. It seemed like he had put himself in some sort of category that was below the level of this object of affection. That, and she seemed to be completely different from Savio himself. The description actually reminded Matthew of a woman he had met in the Wildlands. He felt sorry for the man if that is the sort of trouble he was going to have to deal with. He still felt like the girl had stolen something from him, even if he had been the one to win the game she had initiated. Narrowing his eyes, he suddenly realized that the physical description he had gave was a near perfect match to the one he had met. He opened his mouth to ask, and then ended up thinking better of it. He didn't need to be tossing out the names of customers. That was private between him and them, and he suspected they would want to keep it that way. Still, had she even been a customer? She hadn't even paid him. Little thief. Feeling a bit sullen all of a sudden, Matthew distracted himself with Savio once again.

"So, attracted both physically and sexually, and you also seem to enjoy her personality. Everything about her, really. You are smitten. That makes it hard. Do you often go on any of these adventures with her?" He leaned back, raising an eyebrow. Savio had mentioned that he tried to keep up with her, and that she allowed him to live something of a different life. Was this something that happened often? Matthew could understand the feeling. He himself had been cast under the shadow of what his parents had wanted. This whole harlot business was almost a way of rebellion. That is what it looked like on the surface, at least. He was happy with it being labeled as such. It hid the real purpose.

Woven like feathers from a raven.

Yeah, that was probably her. He did pity the man. But, if it was actually her, that would help him out. He knew a bit about the woman, at least when it came to seducing her. Trying for a long-term relationship would be different, but... He chewed his lip, then shrugged, glancing back up into Savio's sheepish eyes. "Well, I should mention that it may not work. Really, some people will just never be attracted, no matter how hard you may try. I would try and convince you that it is best to move on, but I doubt you'll listen. So." Rolling his shoulders a little bit, a few pops echoed out from his sore muscles, and he flinched. Taking a deep breath, he continued on, his next point actually much more simple. "Have you ever tried to initiate one of these little adventures? Be the one to get her into trouble and challenge her to keep up?" He gave the man a moment to answer, but would interrupt if he heard any sort of doubt. "Before you even say that you can't, then remember what I said about confidence. You don't even know if you can until you try. And even if you think you can't, just pretend like you do. Give it your best shot." He sounded like a little cheerleader. It was theoretically sound, though. Confidence could be faked fairly well if you really pushed yourself. Savio would just need to take that first step.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Savio on August 22nd, 2013, 5:33 pm

Savio appreciated that Matthew listened to his lovesick ramblings without laughing. Really. If the older man had laughed, the shame would have been too much. Though, he did seem like he wanted to say something once Savio had finished but then quickly changed his mind. Perhaps that was for the best. A poor choice of words would have shattered the young man’s fragile ego, well, more so than it already was.

When he did speak, he basically hit the nail on the head. Savio was very much smitten by the black haired thief. “I do whenever I can. I try to keep her out of trouble with the Knights, but sometimes that’s inevitable.” Savio answered with a nervous chuckle.

Matthew seemed to consider his answer after a while before moving on to warn Savio that even with his help, there was a chance that it wouldn’t work. It slightly disheartened Savio slightly, and it showed on his face. He was terrible at hiding his emotions. His mother often called Savio an open book, every thought, every emotion, and every idea could easily be read on his face. Savio hated it, but it was true. His determination was also evident on his features, which probably lead to Matthew’s correct assumption that his warnings would not dissuade the younger man.

The next question made his face color once more, but this time it was out of pure shame rather than foolish romantic notions. “Well… Ah… That’s a funny story… Erm… Let’s just say I did, and I won’t be doing so again.” Getting himself and Raven arrested had not been his proudest moment. The young woman still teased him about it and it had been over a year.

OOCUm... I just saw the fine writing in your signature and just about died of laughter. Thank you for making my day!

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Matthew on August 25th, 2013, 7:06 am

"You should do so again. Just once." Matthew tilted his head, cracking his neck back and forth, though his blue eyes never left the pair on the other side of the room. After a few more moments of silence, Matthew slowly stood from his seat, brushing off his sharp clothing. "If you take anything away from the little that I have tried to teach you, just take away one thing. How can you expect to stand side-by-side with this woman if you are always one step behind? Take the lead every now and then." He raised an eyebrow at the young man, searching his gaze to see if he clearly understood. He could teach the guy every little trick there was to being seductive, but if he couldn't do that one thing it wouldn't even matter.

"There is a look you can catch girls with. Then comes the opening line, then comes the deeper conversation, then comes the little touches that make her want some sort of intimacy. As a harlot, sometimes I can do this to get my newest customer. But you, you want a relationship. So, all of that stuff can come later. You need to be able to keep up with her first." He continued to search Savio's eyes, looking for a spark of understanding. Anything would work. He just wanted to make sure he wasn't talking to a stubborn brick wall who wouldn't change his mind once he had it set.

Walking forward, he held out a firm hand, never breaking the gaze. "It was a pleasure to meet you. I'll be visiting the buskers every so often. Keep me updated. We can talk more once you take that next step. I would like to know how it went." Savio now had an ally in his little quest. It was a simple thing, but there it was. Someone to support and encourage, and push him to make that step that he needed to make. It would help him personally just as much as it would help foster a potentially deeper relationship with Raven. For a quick moment, Matthew summoned his magic, calling upon his Djed to swirl up through him and meet at his temple. The nearby energy buzzed into his eyes, and Savio's dancing and twirling aura lit up. He monitored it for a moment, trying to sense some sort of hesitation or newly-found confidence. Savio would need it for Raven.

Maybe not Raven. Probably Raven. Matthew had to resist from shaking his head. The girl had stolen Savio's heart, just like she had stolen something from Matthew.

He didn't really want to think about it.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Savio on August 25th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Savio listened to Matthew’s words. It made him nervous, the thought of sticking his neck out like that made his heart race, but he was willing to do that. If it meant that Raven would finally see him as someone worthy of her affections, as an equal… He would do it. Savio nodded at Matthew’s suggestions, his mind already a whirl of ideas and schemes of how he can “take the lead” so to speak.

His nervousness faded slightly into excitement. Savio continued to listen closely, Matthew having won Savio’s respect and perhaps his adoration. He was thankful that the older man was taking the time to help the love sick acrobat, and it showed in Savio’s pale colored eyes.

When Matthew stood, Savio did as well. He was mindful of his wrist and keeping it elevated. He reached out with his free hand and shook Matthew’s with a bright smile on his face. Finding the courage to meet Raven’s standards and then finally confess his affections so that she understood that he was serious will be difficult but he could do it. It was just another challenge he was going to overcome.

And he always did enjoy challenges.

“I will be sure to stay in contact.” Savio thought for a moment before pulling from Matthew’s grasp and walking over to his dresser to retrieve a simple necklace that held a pendant of a silver dove-like bird. It was a cheap thing in miza value. But it was important to Savio in that he had had it for years. He found it in the dirt on his father’s farm when he was younger and always kept it for good luck. And for the most part, it had brought decent fortune to the young man. He had met Adean while wearing the necklace.

He walked back over and placed the necklace in Matthew’s hand and made sure he kept it. [/b]“Here, keep this. It’s just an old thing, but it had brought me luck in the past. And I wish you good luck on your endeavors. A token between friends.”[/b] The young man smiled at Matthew before escorting him out of his room and maneuvered the harlot away from his Aunt until they were safely out of his Aunt’s apartment. He finally said goodbye to Matthew before returning to his bedroom. Then he began formulating his plans on how to impress his little thief.

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Perplexity on September 22nd, 2013, 4:41 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Savio

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Acrobatics + 1 EXP
Observation + 2 EXP
Socialization +3 EXP
Rhetoric +1 EXP
Seduction +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Acrobatics: Proper Hand-Spring Technique
Matthew: Professional Prostitute and…Friend?
Wrestling With Deeper Emotions
The Woes of Aunt Rachele
Seduction: The Basics
A Future in Performance

Matthew

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Medicine + 2 EXP
Rhetoric +1 EXP
Socialization + 2 EXP
Interrogation + 4 EXP
Philosophy +1 EXP
Organization +2 EXP
Logic +2 EXP
Teaching +3 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Medicine: Splinting A Sprained Wrist
Medicine: The Importance of Elevation
Rhetoric: Placating Angry People
Social Nuance: The Pecking Order
Philosophy: The Logic Behind Overprotective People
Interrogation: Casual Questions
Organization: A Tidy Appearance
Teaching: Pointers On the Fine Points of Women

Notes :
Oh the woes of a telltale heart. Amusing thread.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous