PM to join Casualties (Amelia Cross)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Casualties (Amelia Cross)

Postby Wrenmae on July 20th, 2013, 6:04 pm

15 Summer, 513 AV

Half between the fifteenth and sixteenth bell, the only ring he kept on his hand grew as dull and inert as any other. He'd been near the docks then, watching a man talk without speaking to a boatman near the corner. Although the nature of their conversation remained muddled, he was sure it had to do with the shipment of...something.

And then the ring on his finger shuddered, and became still.

Nothing in the world mattered more than that moment, how his eyes drifted from two men conspiring to his right hand. How he had laid a finger on the dull iron band as if simply willing it and touching it would remind it of its function.

Wren. Is that...?

But Wrenmae did not answer his familiar. He simply stared at his hand in dumb fascination, somewhere between surprise and horror.

Philomena was dead.

When he'd left her, she was struggling with a blood infection. She had clasped that ring he'd given her and taken the sister upon his own hand. So long as the two bearers wore the ring and lived, it would pulse, pull slightly in the direction of the other.

But her heartbeat had stilled. It never occurred to him that she would remove it of her own volition.

And perhaps it was because he had half expected it, that after seasons of denying any meaningful connection with anyone, after a lifetime of losing those close to him, he had somehow known that she would be taken as well...

Perhaps he had lost her before he'd even known it.

Hot, bitter tears clouded his vision...the first he'd shed without pain since he'd left Zeltiva. Muscles pulsed and bunched, compressing his fingers into fists and sending his whole body into a living rigor mortis. He contained his sorrow, that horrible cry of loss that built in his chest but never escaped his mouth. He imprisoned it there, swallowed it, tried to destroy it.

He only succeeded in steeping his blood with it, so much so that as his nails bit into the flesh of his hands, he thought the blood would be black.

That he would have lost even the humanity of that.

Wrenmae may have knelt there for bells or chimes, time had a different weight to it, an endless quality that was both present in its passage and yet soft, nor forcing him to take note of it.

He found himself, without fully realizing it, in a tavern. The name was pointless, as was the patronage. All that mattered was the mug in front of him and the ring he'd set on the table. Beside it he'd lain other coins, gold rimmed mizas.

One for his father, dead in the Mountains. It may not have been his fault, but he felt responsible. The second was for his half sister, Elena, dead by his own deal in the Unforgiving. The third was for his brother, Dalk, who may have survived had Wren not given him the curse of Blight. The fourth was for the Balnag, the creature he'd released on the sea...blindly hoping that not all weapons were without redemption. The fifth for Weylin, who had been far from home, loved briefly, passionately, and then died by his own blade. The sixth for Valo, whose only crime was trying to warn Weylin that Wrenmae, the murderer had come. The Seventh was for Kip Drawlins, the Waveguard he'd killed to start his reign of terror in Zeltiva. The eighth was for his mother, who he had never known. The ninth was for Tessik and Lana, the elderly couple that had taken him in out of pity when he was young, shivering, and dangerous. They met their end through sickness. The tenth was for Trente, whose life he'd ruined to cover his tracks.

He hesitated before putting the eleventh down, for Imass who he betrayed, and ruined before letting him be claimed by Rhysol.

Eleven gold rimmed accusations gleamed back at him.

He could empty his gold on the table and not reach the amount of faceless he'd left dead in his wake. Families, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters. How many lives he'd torn asunder simply by existing.

Once, perhaps, he could have been considered a good man. But even good men would lay down to die when faced with the weight of their presence on the world. Wren selfishly clung to life, even did well by the standards of those dark deities he'd turned to. Every chance he had to show compassion, he took advantage.

A shadow loomed over him, snatching the glitter from the coins he'd laid on the table. He could smell sour hops, the lingering scent of body odor and thick, meaty, porridge. No doubt the inkeeper had come to see why a customer was laying so many coins out on the table.

Wrenmae pushed the coins to the side of the table.

"Whatever this buys in drink, bring it to me."

"Hard day, boyo?"

Wrenmae said nothing, only looking at the dull iron ring still inert on the wooden table. After a few moments, the bartender sighed and scooped the coin into a sweaty palm, leaving Wren to tend to the bar. Whenever his mug went for lack of mead, it was filled.

He wasn't even counting anymore.

Come on, buddy, She could have just had it taken off...or stolen!

You saw her, Zan. She was dying. Her hand...gods, I did that to her.

Vayt did it to her. Why am I the only one who thinks that this whole 'everyone who breathes gets sick' is a raw deal for your Vayt-ites?

I could have avoided her. I could have avoided Zeltiva

Yes. Probably. No...definitely. But that's not the point anymore. Unless you have the ability to travel back in time hidden somewhere in that scheming head of yours...or that body cavity filled with those gooshy things I can only assume are fleshbag attempts at water retention, you can't change anything.

But that's not the point, is it? You lived your entire life...practically, the important part anyways...and the important part being the part that I was present for, with this curse...or blessing, or whatever. You flip-flop. Anyways, your life isn't about how many people you've killed, it's how you choose to spend the time you still have. Sure, I'm all for going on adventures and messing with the right folks, but you have this weight on your shoulder. I think the guilt proves you're still an ok guy...somewhere. And that's probably all any of those coin-tribute-people would want...or most of them. The rest probably still want to be alive.

You're only kind of helping.

Mourn for tonight, Wren. Seriously. The fact you can mourn at all means you still have something in you that hates all this. Now, I can't stay that you'll find happiness...in fact, I think the odds are pretty damn stacked against you. But you have to make a decision on who you are...the way I see it, you've never decided that. You're suited to be an egotistical, maniacal, monster...but you have all these squishy feeling bits that are more suited to someone not so...maliciously inclined.

You have a point. But what do I do?

Think? Ponder? Ask random strangers? Hey. I'm just a sarawanki with an opinion, I never said I had all the answers.

And then Zan was quiet, leaving the mage to stare into his mug...remembering the way the light glittered off the edges of the coins he'd lain as tribute.

What was he? Who was he?

He took another drink and held his mug out to no one.

"To Wrenmae," he said gloomily, "Happy Birthday."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 27th, 2013, 5:29 pm

If Amelia should describe herself in one word, it would ‘tired’. The days she spend in the wilds were too much for the dandelion who desperately wanted to name herself a professional traveler. The whole excitement of meeting a Zith who she seemed to, manage and develop a potential crush upon. That was plain silly, no, scratch that. It was bizarre as even Amelia could tell what in the words was a Zith, an animal! Well, she liked to excuse her own mind by pulling it off as temporarily interest in the unknown. ”getting a bit more normal was never in your plans, now was it?” she questioned herself in a rhetoric manner, just before she decided to ignore the whole story.

All in all, her head felt heavy and her body empty, leaving the girl as nothing but a shell. Amelia was a person of sensations and emotions, despite her calm nature. But Ravok was depriving her of it. Everyone she met was of pure business, or such high causality it felt fake. There was nobody she would find even interesting to speak with, as most were bothered of slaves and money. The girl wouldn’t argue that the topics were interesting, but enough is enough. So unlike most days, when she would calm her tiered mind by talking with her father, reading a dry book, the only kind the common people could get in Ravok. She decided to head to a tavern.

Did anyone notice her enter? Usually Amelia feels eyes on herself, she pays attention to the people who were there and waved to the familiar faces, even if they were just the regulars or a man she had done a reading to. But not this time, she just walked like a ghost to an empty table that was set closer to the wall and was meant for no more than two people, potentially just one. No need of anything just the desire of hearing the light music drift her off in a world she owned. Yes, music.

When the barmaid came closer, she lifted her eyes at her only for an instance ”water…with mint please””would that be all?””Nope, I just forgot the rest of the order” she said in her mind, rolling her eyes at the woman ”yes” she answered in a much more polite and light hearted tone than her mind wished her to. She might be tiered, and easy to irritate…but she knew better than to be rude. She was already quite rude by coming in a tavern and not getting more than just water. But alcohol had never really helped her, it usually made her feel worse. Once the water arrived, she thanked the woman, who was clearly unpleased with the little order. And as she walked away, Amelia was not even once disturbed.

Did the girl find it unusual that there wasn’t a person trying to occupy the seat in front of her? She would be confused, usually. Not today. Today she was far too interested in the light sound of musicians playing to entertain, to give a reason to the barmaids to dance and the men to order some more. Sure, the music wasn’t exactly a sensual melody played on a piano, or a heartwarming song sang by a talented bard. But it was good enough. Though her face didn’t show a sign of delight. It was still and pale, red lips painted on but passive. Eyes black, but not showing the slightest bit of emotion. It looked like she was someone who had just witnessed death and put a porcelain mask to hide herself.

”Look at the daughters of Ravok, dancing in the warmth of the sun, eyes white and empty, skin covered in blood…the empty daughters of Ravok…the maids of their god” she sang in her head, completely ignoring the actual song playing, casually playing around with the water. With the song repeating itself in her mind, she finally looked around. There was nothing of interest to see. Except for one thing, a young man. She was not really interested in his appearance, his face. It was the actions that confused. He had quite the amount of miza laid down on the table. And as she noticed, she was not the only one who was intrigued by it. ”poor guy, If he drinks so much the others here will be sure to get the best of him”

For a moment her gaze seemed to walk away, but she eventually turned her attention back to the unusual drinker. Staring, well, most would find it weird and would avoid doing it. Amelia was different, she looked at him with no shame or embarrassment whatsoever. Not caring if he noticed once or twice, or even ten times. She just continued looking at him, she saw him slightly move his lips...was he speaking? To who? Was he crazy? She struggled, trying to figure out what could be the motive of these actions and would he be worth her getting up.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on July 30th, 2013, 6:11 am

In Alvadas, there was a phrase for what he was doing. Devouring Grief. In some of the establishments, they called them tear-drinkers, hollow faces that consumed each cup of mead or grog as though drowning out their souls. And perhaps it was because Alvadas was what it was, but in certain lights they really did look like tear-drinkers. Illusory streaks dripped into their mugs before they raised them to trembling lips.

The ritual was simple. You offered the gods coins in trade for mead. The gods in this case would be the tavernkeep or someone else who would easily part with spirits. One would drink all they could for the coins offered. Any coin unspent was a sin still staining the soul.

Some men died. Others grew worse.

Already his vision had begun to double. The table seemed to be a ghost of itself, rising above the splintered top and then sinking low...as if he could see the very soul of the thing, stained with the circular folly of mugs left too long against it.

His mug was full again, but he recalled no one having filled it. Stupidly he stared into its depths, willing it to explain the strange spontaneous regeneration. But as with all mugs he'd tried to interrogate, it was inscrutable.

Perhaps you've had enough.

I said-

"I know what you said." He said it aloud, rather than conversing mind to mind.

Ok. Well. Aren't we feeling especially vocal tonight.

"Shut up, Zan. Let me grieve in peace."

Oh. Yes. Peace. That thing that you have so much supply of. Seriously, Wren, take a deep breath and slow down. I can't save your coin purse from being swiped and I refuse to drag you home.

"Then leave me," Wren muttered, putting his head down on the table, "I need no one."

There is where I'll have to strongly disagree, chummy chum. See, boyo, I've been with you from...well, from about as 'the beginning' as matters. If anything, you need MORE people. When's the last time we stopped in a city to just help folk? When is the last time you actually helped...anyone?

"Those girls," Wren muttered, "Minerva and the other..."

Very good on names I see. Alright. So you helped some other plaguey folk. I mean someone that didn't share the stars with our best ole poison spewing buddy Vayt.

"They all just die..." he sighed, pushing himself up on an arm and taking a clumsy gulp of his drink. "Why bother?"

Because we're better than that...right? Have some faith you masochistic, self-defeating, moping, fleshbag. I'm tired of hearing woe is me this and woe is me that. Pick a path and stick to it.

"I chose."

Yeah. I was there. Keep Vayt's mark and don't be his slave sometime later. Bet you're real proud about that choice.

Wren said nothing.

How about this. We pretend that you'll remember this conversation later...because I'm expecting some changes. Either be a hero or a villain, be a good man or be a monster. You know where my vote lies, I just can't stand all this crying and self hatred. You're a goddamn mage. Stop acting so craz-....Oh, well I floated right into that one didn't I?

Wren said nothing to the familiar, waving his empty tankard to be filled and casting bleary eyes around the tavern. The only face of note was Amelia's, her eyes on him like blazing points of brilliance. He met her gaze for a moment, wild, red-rimmed eyes against her cool inquisition, before turning back to the table.

He couldn't think well enough to form words or thoughts to properly be suspicious, but Zan certainly could.

From the wizard's side, his slightly luminescent blue flask suddenly collapsed into a blob of water, falling to the ground and slithering between the cracks.

Moments later, the door opened. A man wearing the same clothes as Wren, but with a different face stepped inside and quickly scanned the room. Settling his eyes on Amelia, he swung over to her, snagging a seat from a table and pulling it up, turning it backwards so he could rest his chin on his arms and his arms on the back of the chair.

"Evening, evening, evening Miss. What brings a face like yours to a place like this?"

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Amelia Cross on August 5th, 2013, 1:49 pm

As Amelia kept looking at the stranger, she couldn’t help but overhear a few whispers and chuckles that didn’t seem to promise anything good for the drunken visitor of Ravok. None the less, she wasn’t interested in helping him. The girl had spent one too many days this season, helping out children, lost people and slaves and not earning anything for her efforts. It already began feeling like a bad joke to her and thus, she just sat there, carefully listening to the petty drinkers who found Wrenmae as an easy target to approach as his condition gets worse. Actually, Amelia would have to agree to them, despite her not being interested in the gold, this man just shouted ‘Come all! Take my money!’ He had easy target, written all over him.

But if she had him figured out so well and there was nothing of interest for her, why did she continue staring at him? He was easy to look at, but she had a natural dislike towards drunk men, so physical appearance was out of the question. Amelia wanted gold, but she stubbornly wanted to earn it, not steal. Her mind switching out, while her gaze was glued to the mad man, her mind was fighting on its own, trying to figure out her motives, to put together the key elements of the puzzle. She was so close, and her mind got jerked away from it by the drunk voice. She tilted her head a bit, trying to figure out, was it her imagination? Did she really overhear his voice, or was it someone she heard before?

” It couldn’t have been him, no, he can’t be that drunk…” with that, her curiosity was sparked once more and her eyes burned with fresh interest, that didn’t pay off. She realized that from her seat, the man would have had to speak full voice for her to hear as clearly as she did. ”must have been one of them”’ she reassured herself while she tapped her fingers against the table, tapping along to the melody played.

Maybe Amelia was giving the man much more credit than he was worth? Maybe he is just a crazy drunk who recently got paid? Spending his whole salary on alcohol and trying to wash away the harsh truth of his own mind? Probably so, and thus, she decided on him not being worth her attention.

She would have simply turned away. But for the first time from the moment she had been looking at Wrenmae, their eyes met. Short and the man didn’t pay attention to it. But for Amelia, it was different. His eyes weren’t pathetic, well, they were because he seemed to have been sad, more than just sad. That was the kind of sadness that pushed on the edge, she had seen people lose hope and that’s how it looked to her. ”He was in deep grief, he must have lost someone dear…to think I assume he is just a mad man” For a moment she felt a bit guilty, but soon enough she got the alien emotion off. So bothered by driving the feeling off that she didn’t notice how his flask fell to the ground.

Amelia was getting sick of this, sad or not, the drunk was occupying her mind too much for her liking. Clearly too much for someone who didn’t come off as more than a mad man. She toke a sip of her water and was about leave, when a man sat in front of her. Coming here alone, sitting alone and leaving alone was too much to ask for. Usually Amelia would take it as a compliment, that someone sat down with her, even if not invited. Those actions just fed her ego. But this day was different, just a bit more different than she’d like it to be.

The Cross brought her gaze up to see who had manned up to sit with her. At first she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. So not a second thought was given to the actions, or the question before she answered ”A troubled heart of a bard, leads to wicked places” Amelia was as far from a proper bard as it could be possible, for someone marked by Rhaus that is. Yet, the man didn’t have to know. ”And might I know, what invited you, to sit with me?” her voice might have been polite, but her intentions were not. She was by no means interested in sticking around and chatting with the man.

Lazily waiting for an answer, she glanced back at the drunk she had spent one too many chimes looking at, and then back at the man in front of her. The action repeated itself until she realized, they were dressed in the same clothing. This was just bizarre. She thought it over, could they be related? Twins who pull out a trick like this? One pretends to be drunk, the other acts as decoy and they…they…no, it couldn’t be. Their appearance in similar only clothing vise, this means they aren’t twins, they couldn’t be. Just relatives? But the whole concept didn’t seem to make sense to Amelia, she just couldn’t manage to pull everything together, too many lose ends. The best guess, was them being friends with some twisted ways of tricking people, but the most realistic was them having the clothing on by chance. After all, she had been on the streets where a girl had the same dress as her, no big deal.

”go at him, bet he can’t even think right anymore””wait a chime, the man is bringing him some more to drink” the voices came from a table not far from where she sat, now accompanied by Zan. Amelia frowned a bit, more out of confusion than anything else. She found the way these men wanted to threat Wrenmae wrong, but she was not the type to put herself in risk to help strangers. So why in the name of gods, was she considering it?

oocsorry it toke me so long...D: Hope you can work with this, if any fitting is needed or I misunderstood something, don't hesitate to let me know :D
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Wrenmae on August 6th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Zan blinked, simply blinked at her. First once, then again. Scratching his chin, he pushed back against the chair and leaned up on two legs. "Curioser, and curioser...how does a heart lead to wicked places? I mean, doesn't it just sit there, pa-pump, pa-pump, pa-pump?" He mimed it against his chest, in the wrong place...seemed to realize it, frowned, then put his hand over his right breast, grinning when he found the beat. "Do the hearts of bards have command over their own momentum? Do they move independent of your flesh-shell?" He leaned over the top of the table, shamelessly caressing her body with his eyes.

There was no propriety, but in the same light there also wasn't any greed, the touch of lust, or rudeness. Curiously enough he seemed only interested in the whole of her as a child might observe some new bird or other marvel.

There was wonder there, not perversion, and that alone made his attention alien from most, if not all men that might have encountered her before.

He returned to his sitting position, cocking his head toward Wren, now barely keeping his head above the table enough to sup on too much spirits, "You're not too good at disguising your interest," He said with a smile, "I mean, of course, if you were trying to disguise it." Frowning again, he scratched the side of his head and put both hands on the table.

For a moment they caught his eye and he slapped them gently in a short beat on the table, grinning again.

"Not too much to look at, is he? Poor sap, neck deep in alcohol and depression." His voice lowered, "Picked a poor place to be a victim, didn't he?"

One of the men who had been talking about Wren stood and crossed the room to take the table behind him, and his partner soon followed.

"You fleshl-erm, hu-...people persons are a curious lot," Zan corrected, screwing up his face with the torment of reflection, "I mean, you trade meaningless baubles for meaningful things. Always the golden and silver rims, mizas this, mizas that. No man can keep to themselves, earn what they need, and leave well enough alone."

Both hands knit together, "Ah! You people persons are wolves, the lot of you. Most pretend at pack mentality, the whole leader this, society that, but deep down you're all a bunch of greedy petchers looking for a one-up on each other."

"Or..." he shrugged, "At least that's what he'd have me believe. Wounded creatures see enemies even in prey, don't they? I'm more of a mind for second chances, hope, and light." A pleasant smile.

"Looky, look, female person people, Let me be frank. Of the fleshlings still walkin around on two legs, you seemed the least likely to stab my friend and steal his purse. What say we cut off ole boy Wren over there and take him home? Yay? Nay? I can promise you some mizas for your troubles?"

Wren's head hit the table and he struggled to raise it, taking another drink. At this point it was mostly grief that robbed his movement, but alcohol had begun to lay its own claim in his veins.

"I'm afraid he'll poison himself, and I can't very well make him toss it all up where I am, now can I?"

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Amelia Cross on August 8th, 2013, 6:59 pm

It was a figurative speech, everyone understood that. How come this man toke it so literally? Was she not clear enough? This bothered her, as nobody before had ever asked such questions to her. It confused the girl even more when she saw that he wasn’t quite aware of where his hearth was, even children knew that…usually. ”You are a man of a cold mind? Have you never heard that the hearth lulls emotions? And it might not been my hearth that said that I had to come to this place, but the emotions it threw at me….those emotions said I had to come here, and a shell I obeyed” as she explained her words, she began to get more and more interested in what would his reaction be.

Eventually Amelia caught up to his gaze on her. It was not an unfamiliar look, she had received it often enough in the past, by children mostly, but a fair share of men had done the same…but not in a tavern. This look seemed to be not fitted for this place, then again, a sober man was also hard to find around these places.

”I have nothing to hide” were her first defensive words. They came off a bit more chaotic than she had wanted them to, but it had never been that someone confronted her about staring and studying someone else. Sure, she had have more than enough people come up and just tell her directly to stop, or that she was rude…but never someone from the side. ”I’m just looking at someone who clearly shouldn’t been here” but did she believe this line? It was a whole other story. A story that was clearly not for this man and not this setting.

”Well if he was looking to have his through slit and his dead body stripped of any valuables, I think he came to the right place…’ not the nicest thing to say, at least not to someone who she assumed was his brother or a good friend. But Amelia was just not in the mood to play a polite damsel. ”though, I have a guess that he’ll finish himself off with intoxication before any of these men get to him” and even though her words were sort of true, and a bit sharp, she lowered her tone to avoid attracting attention, since this place offered only the wrong type of attention.

It was the way he referred to humans, to her, that first made her really wonder of what this man or creature was. Another race? She had met quite a few. Though nobody referred to humans as…”what was it, people person? Flesh something…” she arched her eyebrow as she looked Zan over. He didn’t look odder than the next guy, it was just his words, his eyes maybe? ”what in the name of Rhaus are you” she continued questioning herself as she listened to him.

”its not just humans who are animals, everyone is an animal…their own skin is always more important than the one of the animal next to it. In order to survive between predators, you have to be the one with either the sharpest claws…or mind” she answered as if she knew that Zan wasn’t human, and she was sort of right, but just sort of when you blur it up a bit.

As for helping the guy. Amelia was not exactly sure was the miza worth it. She had just explained that everyone cared about them first, and stepping in to help a man who seems to have a handful of drunks interested in his purse, was just not a smart idea. Especially since he could barely keep himself on the table, dragging someone round Ravok was just not an easy task. So you could say that she had a few parts of her arguing, she also believed in second chances, much to her own displease. So she wanted to give one of those to the guy, Wren, was it? But she was also far too interested in her own wellbeing. Decisions, decision.

She would have probably left it here, left all in all and hope she wouldn’t hear of a murder in the streets. But the men spat out something about Wren being an outsider, deserving what comes at him. And that just pushed Amelia. She wished for Ravok to be a safe city for all, she saw it as a sanctuary and wanted people to come here and have no fear. And these men just seemed like the kind that made those dreams impossible. ”never trust a woman at a tavern” she said, standing up from her place as soon as she saw the attackers do the same.

Amelia was not much of an actress, but she knew that just coming up was not going to help out, since her claws were not meant for fighting, the Cross had to think of something worthy as a disguise. ”Wren? Is that really you?” her voice was sounding as friendly as she could manage, as she skipped up to the drunk, gently pushing the mug of ale further from him. ”I thought this drunk face was familiar”The highly familiar manner of her actions and forced, yet casual speech seemed to make the men back off a bit, or at least freeze in their spot for the time being. She waved at the familiar, hopping for him to come up quickly, hopping the drunk was far enough in ale that he wouldn’t find her actions odd. Then again, if she was him, she probably would.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)