Solo Naming of the Dog

Ball Names his Mount

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Naming of the Dog

Postby Ball on July 22nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

12th of Summer 513AV

OOCThis thread is in the eyes of the dog

Gazing across the small plot of grass that rider had decided to lay claim to rested the furry dog, his eyes watching as the once spherical being danced an intricate dance with a piece of metal that he held clumsily. It is better watching him swing that beastly weapon around then try to ride me. I just want a rest It was a day to rest he thought, having no name yet the poor dog realized he had been with his master for a whole year and some change and had yet to been given a name.

Huffing loudly and resting head on paws the dog grumbled, he could still feel the ache in his chest that he received last winter while trying to protect his master. Watching the small splinter of metal his master had called ‘Thorn’ warping the sun’s warming rays of light as he wavered and whooshed through the air.

Eyelids drooped shut, darkness creeps in, overtaking the shadows that danced about on the thin skin that covered his eyes, another soft huffing exhale and he drifted to sleep.

I will be given a name when Master deems I be given a name. The dog's thoughts were pretty concise for being an animal, but then again they couldn't be articulated as such.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Last edited by Ball on July 22nd, 2013, 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Naming of the Dog

Postby Ball on July 22nd, 2013, 4:47 pm

Oh! Bones! Get the bones! Get ‘em ! Yummy Yummy bones! It was a dream, and apparently it was a good one as the dog’s legs scrambled against the ground as the dog laid snoring loudly on it’s side, occasional yips of joy erupted from between his lips. ‘Up! Up! Ter.Ain!.’ The words rumbled, each was accompanied with a pop and the dog knew he had to stop chancing bones and get up. Ughh… Why can’t I just get a day of sleep you piece of clay! Eyes opened and right before them stood the three-inch being he knew as Master.

Realizing that his master wasn’t holding the piece of metal currently was a good sign, and to communicate his pleasure the dog’s tail thumped heavily on the ground just before he scrambled to his feet. Waiting for further instructions, and of course getting nothing, the dog waited patiently as his heavy master climbed on his back. Feeling the addition of five pounds of living, pulsating clay, settling onto his back the dog cringed, but quickly corrected his posture. If his master noticed he did nothing about it.

Oh joyous me! I get to be ridden again and that means we have places to go… Blech. Which way now I wonder. A nudge to his right side from a tentacle and the dog threw his head heavily in that direction and started the slow and methodical trotting he had learned over the last year to take. He knew his master was small and therefore had to take things slower if he didn’t want to get lost.

It was with several more tentacle presses to his sides and Master had finally stopped before a large building, the smell of steam, smelly stuff, and dirty people made the dog cringed. Like petching hell I am going in there Master! A whimper escaped his mouth and he tried to plant his legs in place and not move forward. His attempts to remain planted there proved to be futile as with each pressing tentacle to his rump the dog realized he was going to eventually have to give in.

The last ‘press’ was more of a push, forcing the dog to lurch forward, giving into his fate the dog took his master and self into the premise, the harsh flowery smells thrashed at his nose, causing yet another whimper and a solid attempt to try to turn and bolt, which failed once again… Master just too small and good to leave alone.

A few burbling and jumbled words later from Master and the clerk at the desk and his master threw up several chunks of gold before being blurting out something else that the dog couldn’t understand. He was given a set of things, a piece of fabric that was called a ‘towel’ and a square of that stinky flowery stuff that was apparently called ‘soap’.

Told to follow, Master nudged the dog along, taking his dear sweet time to take in his location and the people around him… Master was always in training, always trying to be observant, the dog noticed. He attempted, but things were harder to do from his standpoint. Master was constantly prodding him in one direction or another. Couple that with the sights, sounds, and scents the poor dog just couldn’t keep up.

Once at a more secluded location of the bath house… It dawned on the dog what was going to happen. He was going to be washed! Oh no… no no no no no no no no no! I am NOT going in there! Master had dismounted and tried to talk the dog into the waters, it wasn’t having it though, the dog tried to scurry backwards and the master lashed out with a tentacle, grabbing at his front paws. The tentacles were gentle in their forcefulness and it wasn’t a long struggle before the furry dog found himself chest deep in soothingly warm water… The dog could see several things occurring at once on the surface of water. It was immediately turning a vile gray color immediately around his body, several small black dots were apparently fleeing from the dog’s being.

OOCBall had purchased a towel, soap, use of a Private Bath, and unlimited time at Civilian Pricing, this totals to: 1GM, 2SM, 6CM. This has been removed from Ball’s ledger.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Naming of the Dog

Postby Ball on August 7th, 2013, 4:20 pm

The fleeing black specks distracting… Less Itchy… Good Feeling… Allowing his tongue to flop out of his mouth the dog rumbled with comfort until he realized that master was nowhere to be seen in his immediate view, whipping head around first to left then to right he realize that the small clay being had vanished. Master?... Whimpering loudly the dog finally felt a slightly heavy form on his back, Master… He sighed and relaxed realizing Master was okay, but that didn’t explain for the odd sensation of foam racing across his back and neck, followed by the irritating, yet itch-satisfying scrubbing of the rough towel. The flowery scent rolled forward in front of the foam feeling and the dog’s nose cringed.

Trying to thrash his way out of the water he only managed to get himself further into it. He was after all more worried about master than getting out. Who would feed him otherwise? Master was friend, family, companion… Master was dog’s everything! So he slumped and took the frothing soap torture. It took several hours to get all soaped up, Master was a very thorough being in doing so, and this time the dog whimpered as he realized that master was standing on his head, “Duh.Own.” [‘Down.’] The dog didn’t understand what he said but the pointing tentacle was aimed at the water.

No…no nononononononono Dog once again started to thrash around and it didn’t take long for Master to subdue with calm burbling and the dog relaxed, a bad move too. Once relaxed master swung his body around and dragged the dog under the surface of the pool. It wasn’t long but the dog thrashed around and soon he was released and his Master climbed out of the pool and the dog followed.

“Guh.Duh.Eye.Mas.Sa.” [‘Good Imass.’] Master said with a pat on the head, the dog barely registered the name as he shook the water from his body; it rained heavily in a large circle as huge massive curtain of fur that was his own rolled around his body and sprayed water about. This went on for several minutes until dog – Imass – realized he was pretty well dried, well dried enough, and looked at master. Wait… He said… Guh.Duh.Eye.Mas.Sa…. Eye.Mas.Sa… I heard that before… Who said that? Who… The dog thumped his tail slightly, he knew what ‘guh.duh’ meant… He was being a good boy!

Blue man! Master’s friend! He was Eye.Mas.Sa… That means… I have a name! It was… Uhh… Imass!

Master’s mouth smiled and it was with a popping sound that he climbed aboard Imass and the duo headed out of the bathhouse and into society once more.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Naming of the Dog

Postby Perplexity on August 31st, 2013, 3:17 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Ball

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Riding + 1 EXP
Animal Husbandry + 1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Riding: Directing A Dog
Animal Husbandry: Cleaning A Dog
Dog’s Name: Imass

Notes :
Hmm…interesting. It was definitely an insightful glimpse into the mind and mannerisms of a dog. PM me if you’ve questions regarding the grade.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)