Completed [Rearing Stallion]Cats and Ghosts(Barn)

What happens when a cat encounters a ghost? Who knows?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]Cats and Ghosts(Barn)

Postby Shiyami on July 24th, 2013, 8:56 pm

10th of Summer, 513 AV, 12th Bell, 30th Chime

A young boy walked into the bar with his left eye closed as usual, with a large box floating after him, and a small girl following the box. The two ghosts, were Shiyami and Kimi. What could they be up to? Shiyami was bored out of his mind, so decided to see who would be willing to talk to him. Of course, the bar had to be the best choice. People were probably drunk enough to not notice that he was slightly transparent, and if something does seem odd, they would blame their drinks. Kimi was just...being Kimi, following Shiyami around. They both sat down to the side of the bar, with one wondering who would be the first to break the ice, while the other was wondering if the former had lost his mind.
Last edited by Shiyami on July 26th, 2013, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Barn on July 24th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Barn had just finished her noon session of grooming. She was on the roof of the Rearing Stallion, basking in the sunlight. A pleased purr rumbled gently in her chest as she stretched, tail sweeping upwards and curling over her back. Despite the smells, living as a cat was great. Just in case she felt like having a drink, Barn had stashed her clothes nearby, as well as her mizas. They were hidden extremely well, of course, in a place only cats and smaller creatures of similar stature could access. Any rat that dared steal her money would be met with a muzzle full of pearly teeth and sickle-like claws.

The cat's fur suddenly stood on end, fluffing her up and making her look twice as big. Her whiskers twitched, and she peered over the edge of the roof. A boy was walking into the bar... Or was he? He looked a little see-through. And there was a box floating after him, with a small girl following the previously mentioned polygon. She'd heard of ghosts, but never seen one. Spiritists were creepy enough. He looked wrong, with his left eye closed.

What the petch?

Barn jumped down from the roof, taking the path she had used getting up. She entered the small, slimy tunnel and managed to get her clothing out pretty dry. Hiding behind a box, the Kelvic willed herself into human form and pulled on her shirt and trousers. She wondered whether or not tucking in the former was a good idea, decided it was and shoved the hem into the waistline of her pants. Gathering up a few gold mizas, the girl slipped into the tavern and sat down in the nearest vacant seat, fixing the ghost with a firey, glowing stare.
"Common" | "Feline" | Thoughts | Tukant | Others
Barn
The Mouser

Words: 14652
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2013, 4:20 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on July 26th, 2013, 12:02 am

Shiyami was still sitting there when Kimi poked him. "There's someone staring out you~", Kimi cheerfully said, to which Shiyami sighed. "It is hard, not to notice some brightly colored eyes drilling holes through your body with a glare.", he nonchalantly gave his opinion. Facing the person who was staring, he motioned his hand, as if inviting the girl over. "You know, it is impolite to stare. Are you looking for someone to talk to? Or just trying to sate your curiosity?", in a tone one would expect a host to have.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Barn on July 26th, 2013, 1:43 am

Barn noticed the gesture, standing and smoothly sliding over to the ghost. Did she care if it was impolite to watch someone intently? No, she was a cat. Hardly anyone cared if a cat stared, but when she was human they were uncomfortable. She didn't see the difference.

"You g- you're a ghost, am r- am I right?"

She cleared her throat, trying to get used to speaking Common again. She was a tad rusty, but knew what she was saying and corrected herself if she made a mistake. Barn had always prided herself on her near-impeccable grammar and impressive vocabulary. The Kelvic crossed her arms and waited for an answer.
Barn
The Mouser

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on July 26th, 2013, 8:37 pm

"You g- you're a ghost, am r- am I right?"

Shiyami stood up, and bowed dramatically, before speaking. "Ah, ghost is one of the many names that beings like me have. We can be called ghost, spectres, shades, and so forth. Now, now, there is no need to be so confused.", Shiyami spoke, with a tone used in performances. Laughing a little afterwards, he sat back down, before speaking in a normal tone. "Yes, I am a ghost. There is ntohing wrong with that now, is there?", he asked out of curiosity.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Barn on July 26th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Barn huffed. Scratching grumpily at one arm, she replied.

"No, nothing's wrong with it. Why are you here, and what's your name? I don't see ghosts out on the streets often. In fact, you're the first I've ever seen."

There was no harm in letting that little bit of information out. He could turn it against her, of course, but she didn't care. She could outrun and outsmart this spectre any day. Unless she was overconfident. Barn scratched her eyebrow, licking the back of her hand and smoothing it over her hair.
Barn
The Mouser

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on July 26th, 2013, 11:41 pm

"No, nothing's wrong with it. Why are you here, and what's your name? I don't see ghosts out on the streets often. In fact, you're the first I've ever seen."

Laughing again slightly, Shiyami flashed a brief smile. "I am glad, to be the first ghost you ever seen and talked too. I presume you have questions about ghosts in general?", Shiyami spoke, in a very general tone. Meanwhile, Kimi walked towards the woman, before leaning in her face, with her hands behind her back. "Your eyes are pretty~!", she happily called out, while smiling.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Barn on July 27th, 2013, 1:03 am

"I am glad, to be the first ghost you ever seen and talked too. I presume you have questions about ghosts in general?"

The Kelvic nodded. "Of course I do. But first, your name kind sir, and if you could materialize further? And thank you, little one."

She offered a smile to the female ghost, her elongated canines glimmering. Most found it strange, and she wondered briefly if either one of them knew of Kelvics. Barn could almost feel the chill coming off the girl, so she was wary about how close they were. She hoped that someone in the bar knew where to find a Spiritist if they caused any trouble. Perhaps she'd pursue that art one day as well.
Barn
The Mouser

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on July 27th, 2013, 3:24 pm

"Of course I do. But first, your name kind sir, and if you could materialize further? And thank you, little one."

Both the two ghosts noticed the sharp canines within the woman's mouth. However, they both had different thoughts about it. "Pointy~!", Kimi called out, while looking at the woman's teeth instead of her eyes now. Sharp canines? Part human, part animal...what were they called again...ah, yes! Kelvics! She is a Kelvic!, Shiyami pondered over, before remembering that the woman had asked a question or two. Materializing, "Ah, my name, is Toten. Shiyami Toten. The little one here is Kimi.", answering each of the woman's questions, he asked his own. "Those sharp canines. Are you, by any chance, a Kelvic?", he questioned.
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Barn on July 27th, 2013, 4:23 pm

The child ghost was looking at her canines now. Why did they always stare at the canines? She said they were pointy. By the gods Barn hoped she wouldn't touch them. Ghosts were cold. He materialized, saying his name was Shiyami Toten. The child was Kimi.

"Are you, by any chance, a Kelvic?"

She nodded, her eyes like chips of flame. "Yes sir, I am. My other form is that of a black cat with the same color eyes as I."
Barn
The Mouser

Character sheet

Next