Completed Kicking With Kelp

[The Kelp Bar](Ceira) Ricky meets someone at the Kelp Bar.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ricky Maze on July 26th, 2013, 3:01 am

Kicking With Kelp
Spring 13 513 AV; 19th Bell

Ah the Kelp Bar. One of the many places Ricky could allow his inner self loose with the booze that flowed into the mugs. That booze being the Kelp Beer sailors enjoyed drinking, mostly because it'd knock them flat on their ass drunk in a matter of minutes. Indeed it bad been one of the most potent beverages with a lot of alcohol in it, with kelp added in for that kick many couldn't get enough of. For Ricky though he had began to get enough of kelp beer lately, though he hardly indulged himself in it unlike his darker days, the man had found the fish piss to be rather... well it just didn't put him in the right mood anymore. As he sat at the bar he took a swig from his mug he purchased, a glance around to the room as the patrons filled the bar with laughter and rowdy chatter. To drink the exhaustion of the day away was something he did at least enjoy, though he would have to find a better drink then Kelp Beer. Perhaps whiskey or rum would do, though that didn't seem like it would happen soon. Not unless the bar decided to serve other drinks anyway.

Ricky wore his white short sleeved shirt and faded blue trousers tonight, after a long day in a hot uniform it was a relief to let his skin finally breath. "Hm." He sighed through his nostrils as he went in for another drink, a disdainful frown as he gulped down the green liquid that rested in his mug. "I wonder how the baby's doin'. Telion is still dealin' with her sickness lately, and I can admit even I am beginnin' to feel the effect of havin' a baby." He quirked in silence as he looked down at his beer. It was only natural he would wonder about the baby and Telion's pregnancy, but lately things have gotten a little strange between the two. Although they had little arguements there were still there, mostly because Telion's mood swings really. The stranger part was that lately when she felt she was going to get sick, Ricky also felt he was nauseated or would have stomach pains instead. It was weird for him, but nevertheless the two were excited to be having their own baby in due time.

As Ricky thought more about Telion and their unborn child he took another drink, the mug finally emptied to about less than half of it's contents. It was then Ricky heard the door creak open, and another new patron had decided to enter the bar for spirits. He only glanced over his left shoulder once to see who had entered, then would proceed to eye his drink further while occupied with thought.

Note-5 sm for the beer
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 26th, 2013, 5:00 am

13th Day of Summer, 513 AV

The night was darkening, the sun having disappeared under the horizon a bell or two ago. It was cool, although not unbearably so, just enough to feel the chill of the ocean. It was because of this reason that Ceira had decided upon her weathered brown cloak, as it still provided a little shelter from the cold air. She had been walking along the piers down at the docks but was now looking for a place to rest and maybe find some entertainment before she called it a night. She spotted a couple of sailors and quickly strolled up to one of them.

“Excuse me sir, but you wouldn’t happen to know a good place to sit down for an hour or two, maybe somewhere close by?” Ceira didn’t bother with the pleasantries, she was exhausted from her afternoon walk and wanted to find a place to sit down quickly. The man turned around, a little surprised, and seemed to give her a once over, his eyes squinting in the dim light. “Hm? Well, there’s always The Kelp Bar,” He muttered, with his friends nodding in approval, “but if ye don’t mind me sayin’, it wouldn’t be ye cup of tea.” Ceira sighed, but gave a small smirk, “Well, i’ll be the judge of that. Where can I find it?” The man glanced back at his mates in question, before pointing to a lane way further down. “It’d be there, Miss.” She nodded her head in thanks, before heading off to where he had instructed.

As Ceira approached the place, the loud and rowdy noise could be heard escaping the confines of the shack. It was, if she was being honest with herself, unimpressive and even a bit... How can I put this nicely? Derelict. The wooden boards that made up its exterior had long ago been beaten down by the sun, rust was starting to appear on the metallic signage, probably from being so close to the sea. She heard a loud bang from inside, something akin to a glass breaking. Well, i’m here already. Besides. It can’t be that bad... She placed a hand on the door - which felt as rough as it looked - and shoved it open.

Ceira winced as it let out a loud creak, she had been wanting to slip in relatively unnoticed, but that hope was quickly squashed. The noise grew louder in volume as she took a step inside the lit room. A bustling waitress carrying mugs in her hand scurried past the door to tend to a pair of burly men who were busy admiring a small dagger. The crash she had heard earlier was now evident, as pieces of glass was strewn across the floor where a portly man was heaving with laughter, oblivious to the tankard he had just dropped. In the corner, the shadiest part of the room, a lady was quietly snogging a sailor, as his hand was gripping her knee. She shrank back in disgust at the spit-swapping pair. And they call me an animal. At least I know there’s a time and place for everything!

Although the first thing Ceira noticed was the stares. Some people gave her a glance and went back to exploring the depths of their glasses, but more than one stopped what they were doing and seemed to appraise her. Shrouded in her cloak, they couldn’t see her own dark eyes flicking between the faces, also assessing them. Honestly, the sailor was right, this wasn’t her scene, her nerves were already starting to act up at the amount of people in the room, but it was too late now. If I left now, they would see me as weak and thats not a good thing.

Ceira quickly made her way to the side, to the least crowded part of the place - the bar. An old woman stood behind the counter, she was cleaning a mug with a grey rag, something that seemed like it needed a good wash. Actually, that... thing... needs to be burnt. As soon as possible. The old woman eyed her as she took a seat at the bar, “So, what do ye want anyways?” The scowl on the woman’s face irked Ceira, but the question startled her. What does this place serve anyway? The bartender looked like she was getting impatient, so Ceira did the first thing that came to mind.

“I’ll have... what he’s having.” Ceira jerked her thumb to a man sitting down at the bar as well, he had a drink in his hand which was half empty, so it couldn’t be that bad. The woman just shoved her hand out, “Half-Nilo.” Wait... whats that again? She knew the local currency was Nilo, but she didn’t know what that would be in Mizas. The old woman sighed in annoyance, before muttering the price; “Thats 5 Silver Mizas... darn foreigners...” Not wanting to anger the bartender any further, Ceira placed the said coins in her palm, whilst a mug, filled to the brim with green slosh, was slid across to her.
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on July 26th, 2013, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Words: 84850
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ricky Maze on July 26th, 2013, 7:37 am

Just as she had come in to discover the inside of the place, the new customer had found the will to stick around and try something new it seems. By the sound of it this lass was new in several aspects to say the least, the bar keeper tonight had little patience due to the rabble but she showed more agitation when she was finally paid. Unable to let his mind wander to the thoughts he once had to occupy him he allowed his sense of hearing to select out the short conversation the two had, although that was hardly worth considering a comversation by the sound of how the two talked to one another. Something about foreigner being said indicated that this patron, female and all, definitely had come here without any idea as to what she was getting her self into.

"Believe me lass that's a stiff drink yer askin' for." Ricky forewarned her as he took another swig of his own, he didn't hide the slight grimace that came as the stentch of the liquid filled his nose. The smell of dead fish. One that many probably had to ignore, but the sailors had to be used to it as they showed little signs of affection. "Hard to hide the fact they're stone heavy drunk." He mused in silence as he peered over to the end of the room, a scoff at the couple that snogged away to high heaven. "Believe me lassie he just wants under that skirt o' yer's." He clearly was getting old. There had been a time where he thought that behavior amusing once, but that time had in fact long passed compared to now. Ricky was hardly a young man at the time, and yet as he looked upon it all now he wondered just how he could act in such a way. "We all grow up I guess." He had to admit he had done well now, only twenty seven and he's already got his first child on the way.

"Kelp beer is somethin' yer better off chuggin' the first time, less the alcohol and salt leave a bad taste in yer mouth. I couldn't tell ya what the other taste is, but I'm pretty sure even I wouldn't like to know." He quirked with a bit of a smirk as he looked at her mug, he didn't risk looking directly at her face with the hood pulled over but based on his peripheral vision he could make out a few key details. Fair skin complexion, hair the shades of autumn, dark eyes like the shadows night. All of these were just enough to grasp the concept of how this stranger looked, yet he avoided directly looking at her for now. That time would come sure, only when they enganged in conversation. Should she look over to him or in any case observe him, she would only find that his eyes looked deeply occupied with thought. The blue orbs that rested within their frame would focus on at least some general object or invisible spot in the air before him, and he would almost subconciously drink away at his beer while these thoughts ran their course.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 26th, 2013, 10:22 am

All Ceira could do was stare at the drink that had been handed to her. Her sensitive nose easily noticed the smell of rotting fish and salt, but there was another smell she couldn’t quite pick up yet. The colour was a testament to the disgust she felt just being in the vicinity of the mug, it was a horrid green, almost like the colour of mold. Whats with this drink? Its almost if they poured it straight from the sewers. She took another whiff, Yep. Its from the sewers. Ceira almost considered just leaving the drink there, or asking for a refund, but she just used up 5 Silva Mizas - not a sum to easily throw away. And its not like the old frog would let me have my money back. She risked a glance at the old barkeeper, she was pouring another tankard of the sludge for a sailor that obviously didn't know when he's had enough. Does she have that scowl permanently etched onto her face? The sailor grabbed the drink, stumbling back to a table.

“Believe me lass that’s a stiff drink yer askin’ for.”

Ceira flicked her eyes towards the new voice, spotting the man she had pointed at before for the drink. He seemed to be in his twenties, she guessed, with short brown hair and the signs of a five ‘o clock shadow brushing his jawline. The man was donning a white top, with blue pants that had obviously seen better days. She watched as he took a sip of his mug, a look of displeasure also on his face. Well, I guess its not just me that is disturbed by the drink. She glanced back at her glass, just in time to see a small bubble pop on the surface. Do these people really drink... this?

“Kelp beer is somethin’ yer better off chuggin’ the first time, less the alcohol and salt leave a bad taste in yer mouth. I couldn’t tell ya what the other taste is, but I’m pretty sure even I wouldn’t like to know.”

The man spoke again, but this time Ceira took the smirk that accompanied his speech as a challenge. She pushed back the hood of her cloak, freeing the waves of her auburn hair and turned to face him, fully seeing his face now. A stern face it was, with a straight nose accompanying his eyes, which matched the colour of the ocean just outside. “Oh really?” She questioned the stranger with a crooked smile. Well, if this is a dare, he doesn’t have to tell me twice - this drink looks as bad as the grimace on the barkeeps face. She didn't back down for anyone or anything, she was too prideful and somewhat foolish because of that.

If Ceira looked back now, she should've just forgotten about the damn drink.

Ceira grabbed the mug, her fingers wrapping around the cool glass as she drew it towards her, the sight only getting worse as it got closer. “Well, in that case...” Taking the mans advice, she picked the cup up, bringing it towards her face. Well, everyone has to have a first time drinking. This is mine - lets just get this over with. Ceira tipped her head back, the drinking going with her as she attempted to scull it. At first, she ignored the smell, the cold drink just ran through her - but then that started to change about halfway, the dead fish odor invaded her senses and she started to gag. She had to stop drinking, she couldn’t finish it.

Ceira slammed down the drink, hardly noticing the glare the old woman gave her when some of the green beverage sloshed out of the cup, spilling onto the bar. That... that... that was horrible! The alcohol left an acidic burn in her throat and her eyes pricked with unshed tears at the smell still surrounding her. The man was right, she noted, this tastes bad. She nearly startled gagging again, from either the taste or the smell, she didn't know anymore. This smell is going to take days to get out, if i’m lucky, that is. She caught movement at the corner of her eye and briefly noted that the couple from before had gotten up, the man took the lady's hand and practically pulled her from the room, the door slamming shut behind them.

The bartender glanced over once more, but now with a smug look, her old eyes betraying her expectations. Just finish it! Don't let that old woman have the satisfaction of seeing you back down! Ceira, against her better judgement, raised the mug to her lips again and continued to drink, her eyes squeezed shut as she finished it off, pushing the cup away from her as she did so. Ceira glared at the now-empty cup, before addressing the man from before. “How do you even drink this stuff?” She shook her head in disbelief, “I mean, this tastes, well, you know how it tastes!” She shuddered then, a chill going through her as she relived the previous experience.
Due to some major events, in the next couple of weeks I will be very busy and any posts that I am able to do at this time will be very slow. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, i'll try to get back to full speed again soon! :)
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ricky Maze on July 26th, 2013, 8:24 pm

The young woman had a much different reaction than Ricky anticipated, his only goal to warn her somehow came off as a sort of challenge for her by the sound of her tone. It amused him enough to bear a grin, a silent "you've been warned" rolled on his tongue just waiting to be heard but he held it in. He knew what she would experience soon, it was inevitable when one faced such things like a challenge. Sure enough her time came where she took her first drink, and the reaction that followed just pulled in Ricky's watchful eyes. He couldn't help but chuckle as he watched the girl slam the mug down, the disgust evident in her expression as she experienced her kelp beer taste for the first time. Yet she held her spirit together well enough and kept thr same attitude Ricky just witnessed a moment ago, and as she chugged away to finish the rest of her mug Ricky smiled in admiration at her courage to overcome such an obstacle.

Kelp beer may not be anything huge or problematic to any, unless one took to alcoholism like Ricky did in his darker days, but to those that enjoyed living the small things in life were definitely things to remember in the long run. Ricky can just imagine how later in this woman's life she'll look back at this night, then either question her decision behind it or be proud to have indulged in the horrible beverage. After she had emptied the mug her reaction brought a laugh out of Ricky, and sure enough he went in to finish the last of his mug within a few gulps and a bit of a grimace at the disdainful beverage. A small belch came up that he paid no small mind to as he put the mug back down as though it were a useless object now. "It's an acquired taste." He mused with a hearty grin to the woman, his eyed now focused on her face but they would still avoid eye contact.

"Seriously that's what many say when they've enough to drink, first ya look past the putrid smell and the wicked taste, next ya learn to indulge in the kick the alcohol brings as it settles in. Dependin' on yer tolerance of course." He quirked with arms crossed on the bar, his interest in the girl began to develop now as she clearly wasn't one who fit in. "Me names Ricky, proud Wave Guard and expectin' parent at yer service." There was a bit of sarcasm in his voice when he made the introduction, the exherts of the day and kelp beer had pretty much weakened his ability to hold back on rhetorical standards. Yet this woman hadn't come here to meet with a smart ass, she came here for a reason that he had yet to figure out.

"Indulge me if ya would lass," Ricky's face showed curiousity and puzzlement when he spoke, "Ye obviously didn't come here to flirt with a man, less ye'd be elsewhere in the bar by now, and ya also didn't rightfully intend to try kelp beer so quick. What reason did a lass like yer self have for comin' in the Kelp Bar?" He inquired with raised eye brows, a bit of a buzz finally developed to.mellow out his mood.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 26th, 2013, 11:29 pm

“It’s an acquired taste.”

The man spoke, not before uttering a burp beforehand. Hmph. ‘Acquired taste’ is one way to put it. Ceira shook her head and let out a huff of disbelief, even if she drank the beverage over and over, she would never get used to the taste, that eye-opening experience was enough to last for a lifetime. Even now she could still feel the alcohol in her, making her a light-headed, but she had to admit there were some benefits to the liquor. Her nerves and fear of crowds was almost non-existent, dulling down to a slight discomfort.

“Seriously that’s what many say when they’ve enough to drink, first ya look past the putrid smell and the wicked taste, next ya learn to indulge in the kick the alcohol brings as it settles in. Dependin’ on yer tolerance of course.”

Ceira allowed herself a small smile, before uttering under her breath; “Well, Of course people would say that, when they’ve had enough to drink, I doubt they can even remember what it is they’re drinking. Either way, I have zero tolerance for such things, maybe thats the reason I just can’t take to the drink.” She shrugged nonchalantly, who was she to question the man? He was obviously local, so he probably knew what was what better than she did.

“Me names Ricky, proud Wave Guard and expectin’ parent at yer service.” Ceira nodded at the greeting, her elbows were now leaning on the counter of the bar, letting her chin resting on one hand as she spoke. “Well, congratulations!” She said, meaning every bit of it, although she decided it would be best to quiet down when the old woman shot her a death stare. Jeez, woman, don’t get your knickers in a knot. She returned the glare as the man continued with his introduction.

“Indulge me if ya would lass. Ye obviously didn’t come here to flirt with a man, less ye’d be elsewhere in the bar by now, and ya also didn’t rightfully intend to try kelp beer so quick. What reason did a lass like yer self have for comin’ in the Kelp Bar?” At this, Ceira ears perked up and her eyes studied the man intently, the curious tone of his voice that led her to believe it was an honest request. She was in a talkative mood tonight, but that was probably the alcohol, having never tried any sort of it before, she was new to the feeling it gave her.

“I see your eyes never miss anything.” Ceira muttered, more to herself before continuing. “Well, I guess you could say I came here to experience part of the culture of Zeltiva, what better place to do that than where all the locals hang out? Sure, I didn’t mean to try the Kelp Beer, but thats just all part of the package.” She shrugged at this. Well, I guess thats true enough to a degree. I mean, if you go someplace new, you’re not going to hang out in a hole the whole time.

Tapping her hands lightly on the table, Ceira kept speaking. “But, if you want a more honest answer, I needed a place to sit down for an hour or so. Some sailor on the street recommended the place - so now i’m here - even though he warned me about the place.” At this, she let out a chuckle, “He was probably right and I should’ve listened, but hey, I’m not one for taking orders from others.”

Ceira brought the chair closer to face Ricky, not caring when a shriek issued from the floorboards as the chair was dragged over it. “Well, thats me, but what about you? You say you’re an expecting parent, if thats the case, shouldn’t you be at home with the wife?” Its was just her own observation, if you could call it that. Remembering her manners, Ceira extended a hand in greeting - she had forgotten to introduce herself previously. “Sorry for not saying this before, but my names Ceira. Pleased to meet you.”
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ricky Maze on July 27th, 2013, 1:36 am

"Thanks be to ye." He responded in regard to her congratulations, a friendly smile on his face as he showed interest in this woman. It had been a little over a week now since he had the chance to indulge in conversation with another at the Kelp Bar, at as it just so happens to be a woman this one in particular struck him evermore curious. From what he knew she was a woman who took pride in being who she was, hardly afraid to speak her mind or face a challenge when one is presented. Yet these were just simple assumptions based on mere observation, and in honesty there was never a way to tell who someone was or how they were based on merely watching them alone. Interaction is what would help make these assumptions known as true or false, and Ricky wondered what she would prove his assumptions as more than anything; and he also wanted to know just who this woman really was.

"What better place to experience Zeltivan culture then a bar eh?" He mused to the woman with a chuckle, a empty toast with hid empty mug as part of his joke. "Ye look like the lass that's more into readin' books and drinkin' tea, have ya tried the library?" He suggested after he placed the mug on the table top once more, one arm on the bar as he twisted to face her a bit more. "Fiancè actually. Were not married just yet but will be soon hopefully." He pointed out the technicality with a bit of a hearty chuckle, thoughts wandered to the Cheva Festival that would happen later this season. "I hardly indulge in kelp beer but after a long dreary day as a Wave Guard, I think it easier to mellow out my exhaustion before headin' home. Bein' pregnant is stressful enough on me love, I'd rather nit produce more after work." He admitted with a content grin on his face, the fact he did mellow out with a bit of beer did help after all. Unlike the days where he spent most his coin getting stone sour wasted due to his inability to cope with a loss, he only indulged in kelp beer every once in a while to keep it on a healthier level. Although kelp beer could hardly be referred to as healthy.

"The pleasure is.mine lass." He nodded with a humble attitude to Ceira as she made her introduction, a look back to the room as one of the drunkards fell to the floor. Others laughed as he did as well, with a struggle to get up due to his drunken stupor. "That's depressin'." He sighed as he looked.back to the bar manager, a displeased look on her face as she didn't wish to deal with an over rowdy crowd tonight. "Glad I only drink one to two mugs, otherwise I wind up lookin' like an ass." He admitted with an amused chuckle, as he placed his empty mug closer to the side where the bar tender stood. She asked if he wanted another and he only shook his head as a polite no.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 27th, 2013, 5:15 am

“Ye look like the lass that’s more into readin’ books and drinkin’ tea, have ya tried the library?” Ceira paused, before letting out a laugh, I look like someone who reads? Thats a first. She chuckled before replying, “Well, I’m not one for reading a great deal, that’s for sure, I can’t stay still for so long!” She let out another chortle as her finger traced carved patterns on the benchtop. Ceira partook in the idle chatter as well, when Ricky told of his fiancé and his endeavors as a Wave Guard, she grinned along with him. This man seemed to enjoy life to the fullest, he seemed genuinely happy and content. Thats a rare thing nowadays. Although, even Ceira could see the thoughtfulness behind his gaze. There was a lot more to this man than what first meets the eye, so to speak.

Ceira noticed Ricky’s eyes flick to something behind her, so she twisted around and managed to catch sight of the drunk. “That’s depressin’.” She heard him say, I have to agree though, getting so drunk that you can barely stand... How are people able to get that drunk? I’d hate to lost any control of my senses. She shuddered at the thought. She never wanted to get into a situation where she was helpless - whether it was from being drunk or otherwise. “Glad I only drink one or two mugs, otherwise I wind up lookin’ like an ass.” Still looking at the drunk, Ceira imagined Ricky stumbling over and falling flat on his face and had put a hand to her mouth to stop herself from grinning ear to ear. Now that would be sight to see! She faced Ricky again, now that she had herself under control again. Opening her mouth to speak, she was interrupted by a fresh mug of Kelp Beer being thrusted under her nose. “Hey! What’s this for?”

Ceira shot a confused look at the bartender who had the same look of disgust on her face as always. Seriously, she wouldn’t want to her face to freeze that way forever. Though looking at it now, it already has. “This is from the gentlemen over the there...” The old woman gave a jerk of her head to the left, to where a man in the shadows waved. The old woman let go of the drink and was about to walk away when Ceira caught her attention again with a flick of her wrist. “Um, ma’am, could you tell him that whilst i’m flattered, I don’t want it?” Ceira pushed the mug towards the bartender, trying to get the foul-smelling brew away from her. “Do I look like a messenger pigeon?” The old woman scoffed pushing it back to her, before turning and walking away from the pair. Ceira glared at her back the whole way until she was out of sight. Darn woman... what did I ever do to her?

“Sorry about that...” The green liquid that was now in front of her was starting to stink up the air again. No way am I drinking that again... Her eyes flicked towards Ricky once more, calculating even. “I’m sorry to ask you for this... But did you perhaps want it? I sure as hell am not going to drink this... beverage... again. And it’s just going to go to wasted sitting here.” She pushed the drink away from her with another shake of her head, not wanting to be anywhere near it and it’s odor.

“Oi, didn’t yer want the drink?”

Startled, Ceira whipped her head around to the voice on her left. The man that had paid for the drink had moved closer, now sitting on the seat directly to the left of her. He had dark hair and eyes with a plain grey shirt and dark pants. His nose looked a bit askew, having seemingly been broken a time before. Ceira cleared her throat, giving an apologetic look to Ricky, even though it wasn’t her fault. “Erm, sorry sir, but i’m afraid i’ll have to decline--” The man interrupted her though with a drunken slur, “I paid good money fer that! C’mon... Live a little...” Ceira shook her head, shuffling the seat away from the drunk as she did so. He tried to grab her wrist but she pulled it away, glaring at the man as she hissed out a reply. "Take your drink and go." Her patience was now being tested, it was already thin to begin with but her short temper was starting to rise to the surface due to the alcohol she consumed earlier.

"Aw, c'mon! Don't be like that..."
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ricky Maze on July 27th, 2013, 9:17 pm

"Can't sit still? Hm, so not much on readin' then, what does she prefer to do then." She mentioned immersing herself in the city's culture, and the fact she mentioned "not reading a great deal" did lead to the deduction that she wasn't a scholar, and the chances of her being a student at the University definitely dwindled after that. She was a curious one he tried to figure out in secret, and now that he had challenged himself to learn who she was he became more interested now. His observation was distracted with a new mug of fresh kelp beer for Ceira, apparently he wasn't the only one who had taken an interest in knowing who this woman was. Ricky smirked at first but when she looked to him with the favor of drinking the mug it faded a little less, he didn't plan on drinking anymore tonight other then his first mug to begin with. It was bad enough he felt the mellowed buzz grow strong, now he was being asked to get drunk for the sake of this woman. Though she was a stranger she still was a woman, and Ricky preferred he be the one to walk home drunk instead of her. "I'll take care o' it lass."

The man approached her though and she began to seem uncomfortable, he clearly didn't get the message that she didn't want the drink and wasn't interested at all. When he reached for her wrist and she snapped back, Ricky could see that she wwasn't one to be taken lightly. She was intoxicated and already being agitated by another, and by what the guard took witness of she had a temper best avoided if necessary. He had seen enough anyway, this drunk bastard clearly wasn't getting the clear sign that she didn't want anything to do with him. "Aw, c'mon! Don't be like that..."

"Hey, kelp breath. She don't want yer drink nor yer attention, cut the lass a damn break and shove off will ya." He scooted the mug back over to the drunk as a peace offering, the deep gaze intesified with a grim glare as he watched the drunkard carefully. If Ceira paid close attention she would notice several things about Ricky had instinctually changed; the first was that his body had tensed up rather defensively, the second was the fact he naturally came closer to her in a protective manner, the third was the color in his face as the tan hues slowly transcended to red, and finally that his stare was one that looked purely mad as it never averted from this man. He had played the "nice" card just this one, but this was the only chance the drunkard had. What would he do next?
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Kicking With Kelp

Postby Ceira Everwood on July 28th, 2013, 2:06 am

Ceira glared at the drunken lout, her dark gaze piercing as she bore into the other mans face. Now that she could see the idiot closer up, she noticed he had a sleazy smile that he obviously thought was alluring, but the smell that issued from him stunk and was the worst possible combination of kelp, sweat and fish. His black hair was greasy and his attire had stains that would make the grey rag the bartender had look clean. Darn petching drunks... A haze began to cloud her mind and she found it somewhat hypocritical that she was getting angry at a drunk, when she wasn’t sober as well.

“Hey, kelp breath. She don’t want yer drink nor yer attention, cut the lass a damn break and shove off will ya.”

Ceira felt relief at the fact that Ricky was backing her up, even though she hadn’t known him for more than an hour. From the corner of her eye she noticed him tense up, and a death stare that would’ve intimidated even the biggest and burliest of men adorned his features. Heck, its just as lucky that i’m not who he’s looking at. She turned back to the drunk, but not before she glanced about the dim room. Not many people had noticed the disagreement at the bar, but those that did had stopped what they were doing, whether it was drinking or talking, and had decided to take an interest in the stare down.

More than one eye was looking their way and Ceira’s nerves started playing up again - even her booze-filled mind couldn’t stifle all of it - and her fingers twitched to the dagger she had clamped to her hip. She hadn’t had much practice at all with it, but it gave her some comfort in knowing it was there. At least I know you just have to use the pointy end. That’s all you have to do, right? The bartender was no where in sight, though she suspected that the old woman had gone down to the cellar for a new tank of Kelp Beer. When Ricky pushed the strangers mug towards him, the man looked as if he was second guessing his rudeness, even though his lethargic mind.

Maybe it could’ve all stopped there.

That is, until the drunk tried to pick up the glass, but instead knocked it accidentally off the countertop. Ceira’s hand shot out to grab it, but only succeeded on fumbling the catch, pushing it towards the stranger in the process. It crashed to to the ground, glass shattering and splitting everywhere across the floor, the beverage spilling onto the mans pants and boots. Oh... petch. She froze then, feeling the whole room holding its breath, the tension rising to the point where you could taste it in the air. She started to apologise, in hope that maybe she could stop what was going to happen next, but was interrupted by the drunk’s scream.

“Yer petching whore! That cost me good money it did!”

Ceira’s head shot up then, just in time to see him lunge towards her, she ducked though, the punch just clipping her hard on the shoulder as she flung herself off the stool, which promptly fell to the ground with a clang. Twisting up, she put some distance between her and the drunk, stumbling to a stop and bringing her hands in a sloppy defensive position, her dagger forgotten. She would not use the dagger, that would just be asking for more trouble. Ceira had been in a couple of scuffles during her childhood, but never with a drunk person, nor had she been tipsy as well.

The man spun around, aiming for another grab, but Ceira was ready this time and aimed a punch to his cheek, but she missed and it grazed his chin instead. OW! Her hand hurt, but she felt a smirk of satisfaction cross her face as she watched the man look a little stunned from the resistance. He didn’t seem to expect her to fight back. But her smirk dropped when he just smiled angrily, even more enraged than what he was before.

Oh, petch.
Last edited by Ceira Everwood on August 18th, 2013, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ceira Everwood
The Maned Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next