Completed [Bronze Woods]Knight in Shining Armor

Noble and kind. That is the definition of whom the young Cross is looking for, will she find it?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Amelia Cross on August 1st, 2013, 7:51 am

Hard to notice in the dim light, but as she was referred to as ‘Mistress’ the small girl blushed and did feel a bit awkward. After all, she was used to being called Amelia, or Black Bird at most. Her name was just not meant to be shortened. Well sure, Mistress was also no shortening, it was a honorific, but since the small girl hadn’t really bothered to ask about these things to her mother, she wasn’t sure what it meant and toke it as a sort nick name. A Nick name that didn’t seem to sound right, but she didn’t say anything.

The ruffling of her hair felt good, her blush was still present and one of her eyes closed as she chuckled at the action. Her mother constantly told her to not touch her own hair and to tie it up, otherwise it was easy to knot up. The actions from the knight were sure to do that, but the girl didn’t mind. Though in some time from now, she would always carry a comb with her, to always have her hair in the best shape.

How he explained what happened to the mountain lion was a bit unusual, she pouted and didn’t look that pleased by the answer, still sure they should help the poor thing. ”Mommy said Knights protect us!” so far, it was true and went in no crash with the situation ”They protect all of us! And that kitty is also to be protected! He lived in the woods of Syliras, so the knights should protect it!” and even though she understood the fact it was to harm her, she had a hard time taking those words into account. As Ophelia never failed to tell Amelia, that father isn’t with her because there are no second chances and the girl was being harmed by him. ”everyone deserves a second chance…” this however, came out more as a mixture between a whimper and whisper.

She repeated the word, Dire, it sounded unusual and she wasn’t sure what it meant. Actually, she had no clue what kelvic meant either so to Amelia, those made no understanding of the situation. But she was glad to hear that Ama was fine, that she was safe. The small girl hopped to see the white haired teen again. Someday.

”how do knights make other knights?” her question serious, though easy to misunderstand. Amelia was a child, she had no clue that there was a complex, or easy to others, system of gaining knighthood. She was not aware of the squires and their training. She knew they were knights, nobody even referred to them as human and sometimes she even thought they were a different species, like some of those unusual things her mother thought. But she had never seen any child knights, little knights…they were all from the age of…well, like Xander and some were really old.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on August 1st, 2013, 8:19 am

"Hmmm..." Xander was wrecking his mind, not for answers, but for how to express those answers in simple words that a child could understand. Bolt neighed, sneering at the knight, Xander pulled Bolt's reins a bit to get back at him. The horse just neighed back as if saying 'I am amused~' while still galloping happily to Syliras.

"The knights do not protect all people, Mistress. Only good and kind people and animals, see? Bad and naughty people and animals need to be punished, I gave it a warning first by shooing it away, but it attacked instead then I gave him a second warning by slapping it with my shield, I gave him a third chance" Xander smiled a bit, this explanation seemed good, so he continued.

"But the cat didn't listen and also tried to hurt me, remember? That's why I have no choice but to give harsher punishment, Mistress, lest the cat would... hurt both of us" Xander had to admit, he was feeling proud at his success forming those words, he just hoped the little girl could understand.

"Hmmm, to make other knights, one must first join the Order as a squire, kinda like Knight-student and then you have to work and train hard, once you're skilled enough, you will be given a test, like a final exam. If you pass, you will be initiated to full Knighthood, Mistress" Xander explained the process of knight recruitment to Amelia by comparing it to the system of apprenticeship.

The ride to Syliras thankfully went without any obstacles, Xander and Amelia socialized with each other and they would sometime gazed at the beautiful night sky, Bolt was just thinking about the warm hay and water he would get once they got back.

Some time later, the majestic strong gates of the Fortress City were looming ahead, Xander paced his horse and not long after, they entered the city with Xander explaining to the gate guards that she found Amelia lost in the Woods and that if the dire Kelvic was looking for her, they should tell Ama that Xander the knight already brought her home.

Entering the Fortress, Xander then spoke to Amelia "Where should I take you home, Mistress?"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on August 1st, 2013, 4:32 pm

Amelia has never had a good understanding of good and wrong. To her, even in the young age, her father had left the understanding of ‘reason’ if the reason was good and made sense, it was not an evil doing. Of course, the young girl did not exactly understand his words like that and it would take some time until she understood why she thought of things the way she did. Nonetheless she didn’t argue with Xander. After all, he was a kind and brave knight who was bringing her back home to her mother, and his explanation made sense. Even if the idea of the cat being just afraid did cross her mind.

The way her savior explained joining and becoming a knight, seemed to be interesting. Amelia liked to study, and since he didn’t mention it being just a boy thing. She began wondering, could she even become a knight? Ride a beautiful horse and wear shining armor? Amelia’s mind didn’t really follow the dark side of things, and from where she stood, it seemed to be so exciting! For the girl with the vivid imagination, and short attention span, this seemed to be a whole new topic to bother her small head with. But she didn’t question him about them, already too far in the images of her being on a horse, a black horse she saw some old and possibly really important knight ride. It would match with her hair! She could so vividly imagine her in armor and having a big sword. Her mother would be so happy about it.

The mind of the small girl was so bothered by the images, her face bright, she didn’t even notice that they had reached the gates. And when Xander asked where to bring her, she answered with no hesitation ”To the Order! I want to enter that school and be a s..squ…square!” to her, it seemed as a game, she didn’t even notice miss-pronouncing the term. And since she was in Syliras, she knew that she could find her way back home, well, assumed that she could. Amelia was never really out this late, not to mention alone. So she was bound to get lost, but the little girl had ambition and was more than sure she could find her way back home. ”And I’ll pass the test, and be a knight! A good knight!”

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on August 2nd, 2013, 7:39 am

"Ahaha! A squire, Mistress? Hmmm..." Xander was genuinely intrigued by the little girl's enthusiasm. She had the spunk and personality, she was willing to protect, she was like a unforged diamond, with careful tempering and care, she could actually become one of the Knights when she grew up.

"Alright, Mistress. I'll take you for a visit at the squire's dormitory, buuuut~ it's already nightfall and you need your rest. Now, where should I take you home?" Bolt neighed as if agreeing with Xander.

OOCAlright this should be my last post the thread

Feel free to RP Xander taking you home (wherever Amelia lived at that time :P) or you can even RP Tia getting worried sick and finally finding them both after asking the gate guard about Amelia. ;)

Then I'll post your gradings then we can continue with the trilogy. :D
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on August 2nd, 2013, 2:14 pm

Amelia was happy to hear that Xander would take her there, eventually, and she could help Syliras grow. Be kind to everyone, be kind and give a second chance. She could help the people who helped her, and maybe she could manage to play around with Ama when she patrolled? Oh the dreams, the beautiful dreams she had, that would never come true.

”er…I don’t know, I can show how to get there, but I don’t know how its called” the girl explained. Amelia’s memory wasn’t bad, she just didn’t pay that much attention to a few things, and the name of the district she lived in was one of those things she really didn’t have any desire to memorize. But she knew her way around that location as her five fingers, so an offer to show, was the best she could give. And having no other choice, Xander agreed and followed the directions Amelia pointed at.

The ride was cut short, when Amelia noticed familiar light locks in the distance. Her friend Tia looked like she was ran over by a carriage! She was lazily dragging her feet towards the living quarter Amelia and her mother lived at. Clearly the konti hadn’t told Ophelia that Amelia had gotten lost. ”Tia!””Tia!” she called, the voice of the small girl was light and a bit more cheerful than she should have been, with the whole story she had gotten herself in today.

The young Konti turned around, and the joy on her face was hard to hide, she ran towards the knight and Xander, seemingly understanding what the konti wanted, helped Amelia get down from bolt. Tia hugged the small girl and kissed her head and face over and over, not letting her escape from her arms ”you’re embarrassing me, Tia!” she chuckled, but the Konti didn’t care, Amelia was safe, and she had the knight to thank for it.

Soon enough Xander left, and Tia brought Amelia back to her mother. Ophelia was angry with bout Tia and Amelia when she found out that the whole story. But the joy of her being safe overpowered her anger in no time.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on August 2nd, 2013, 2:50 pm

Amelia :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +4 XP
Running +2 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Philosophy +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Playing in the Woods with Tia
Getting lost
Ama: Dire Wolf Kelvic
Playing with Ama
Don't turn around...
Xander: Syliran Knight
Big Bad Cat
I want to be a knight!

Loots

Notes :
Awwww~ Little Amelia is so adorable and cute~ ♥

Part 1 of 3 Complete. :) You can go ahead and start the Part 2. ;)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous