Completed [Bronze Woods]Knight in Shining Armor

Noble and kind. That is the definition of whom the young Cross is looking for, will she find it?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Amelia Cross on July 27th, 2013, 4:42 pm

[87th day of spring.502.a.v.]
[Cobalt Mountains]
[Bronze Woods]
[Middle day]

Amelia was a fun loving child. She was calm, but once something stroke interest in her, there was no telling where she would go and what would she do. Unpredictable. Her mother called it a curse, that followed Amelia from her father’s blood. But Amelia didn’t understand the meaning of the word ‘curse’ so she found it to be meaningless. Not to mention, there were little things besides songs and fairytales she lent the room for in her mind. She found too many things boring. But one thing Amelia didn’t think of as boring, was playing games. Back in Zeltiva, she had little to no friends, just the books and the artists who her mother knew. Here, she had a few kinds she could play with and above all stood her friend Tia. She was a beautiful konti who thought her songs and rhymes in kontinese. Told her stories and looked after her when her mother was busy. Above all else, she played with the girl. And today she had went out of the city to play with her friend.

The first bell was amazing. Amelia had gotten used to the location and had little trouble finding her friend as they played hide & go seek. The two girls constantly laughing, they were close enough to the hotspring to hear people and to see the city. And when confidence strikes, its never good. Amelia thought she was good enough to go further away from the Konti. And so While they had arranged to stay in the range of the trees Tia had specifically marked, Amelia disobeyed. When she saw the blond cover her eyes with her palms and stand against a tree, loudly counting off to a hundred in her own native tongue. Amelia ran off to the opposite direction of the city. It didn’t come off as much at first, as she could bout see and hear the konti.

But at one point, she stopped following the pattern of turning her head, of listening to the numbers count down. She just ran, looking all around in order to catch the most of the beauty that were the Bronze Woods. Soon enough, she had stopped running and looking for a hiding place. She was just walking, already losing the straight line she followed and going in strange patterns, her head turned to the sky as she looked at all sorts of different flowers that wrapped around the trees, birds and butterflies. It was all too pretty to be bothered by the game. At times like this, you could really see how the short attention she had and the huge curiosity paid off, in a bad way.

”Tia! Tia look!”She called as she ran towards a bush that had blue flowers. They reminded her of her friend, of her blue-ish scales. But no answer came. She turned around and it was just now that it hit her, she had ran too far. Nothing seemed familiar and everything was unusual. She couldn’t remember how she got there. ”Tia! Tia! MOM! TIA!” she called as she walked in circles, until she stumbled upon the same bush of pale blue flowers.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on July 27th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Near the Main Gate

"Another patrol eh, Xander?" A knight who was guarding the gate saluted his comrade as a young man exited the gates, riding his horse, light armor, shield, longsword, and bow equipped. His dark brown hair and equally brown eyes matched his handsome features nicely, he was of average height, but his toned built obviously showed someone that was trained for combat. Xander, the knight, saluted the gate guard back and answered him with a polite smile "Yes, Ser! Just around the Bronze Woods, Ser. To see if there's any wild Yukman or the like, hahaha!"

"I see, Xan! Good luck and stay safe!"

"I will, Ser. Thank you!" And with that, Xander gripped his reins and "Let's go, Bolt!" commanded his horse to gallop forward to the Bronze Woods.

Near Amelia's location

A little girl playing alone in the Woods, her long hair billowing with the wind and her cute innocent face blissfully unaware of the various dangers the wilderness possessed. Amelia didn't realize that a pair of eyes were watching her... a pair of eyes that belonged to... an early-middle teenager with snow white hair reaching just below her shoulders and deep reddish brown eyes. This other girl's eyes shone in glee and her mouth bore a happy grin.

She got out from the bush she was hiding and happily trotted to Amelia, clothless and naked, the seemingly older girl didn't seem to mind her state at all. She approached Amelia from behind and happily poked her neck "Ehehe~ Hello there! Who are you looking for? Is Tia your Mom?" When Amelia turned back in surprise, the girl jumped up a bit as well but she sighed in relief to find no hostility was emitting from the black-haired girl.

The white-haired girl then extended her right hand to Amelia "Nice to meet you! My name is Ama. Do you like exploring as well? And oh~ I'm uh... naked because I'm a Kelvic you see~ a wolf Kelvic, though people say my wolf form is much, much bigger than normal wolves. A... dire something they called. Ehehe~ Oh look at me rambling! May I know your name?" Ama kept her hand extended for Amelia to accept her gesture, a happy grin on her face.

OOCSurprise, surprise!
Last edited by Radiant on July 31st, 2013, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on July 28th, 2013, 12:25 pm

The young girl was lost, but she didn’t see the whole horror of the situation and just how risky it was out here. Amelia was thought that the knights protect this city, she was not aware of the evil in the world and even the potential danger of animals in the wilds. She wasn’t even scared to be out here, she called her mother, her friend, just because she was lonely and wasn’t sure how to get back. But she was not scared, yet.

A bit more walking, a step, another one and one more…but nothing happened. No place she knew appeared before her eyes and her little feet were getting tiered. She liked taking walks, but this terrain was not easy to walk in, it had roots, bushes, fallen tree branches and little things that got in the way. Making Amelia tiered quite fast. She was about to sit down, pout and complain to the air that she couldn’t find her way back. But before that…!

Amelia jumped and turned around, to see no one else than a girl, a girl who appeared older than Amelia but she was uncertain by just how much, age seemed to be confusing to the young girl. But the fact the girl was naked, didn’t seem to bother her. The young Cross was thought that any person should be dressed, it was a norm of society, but she didn’t see anything bad in the other girl to be naked, except for the fact it could be dangerous! She could hurt her skin, get cold and even sick! ”you should be without clothing! You could get cold!” the young girl said by turning her head to the side a bit, looking at the older girl’s hair, she had beautiful hair. Like Tia! It was white, well, really white! Tia’s hair was more really, really blond.

Amelia shock her head ”Tia is my friend, she is a konti! They are like fish, but human! She has scales and white hair like you!” she explained, eyes sparking as she mentioned the scales. Amelia was really curios of the scales, more than once she wished she had scales! They looked so beautiful when the sun shined, color ranging from pale pinks to golden and light blue, so beautiful! ”my mom is Ophelia” for some reason, she wasn’t really found of talking about her mom, what was strange, as she really loved her.

But what was a kelvic? Amelia had no idea. Sure, Amelia had met older kelvics, it was hard to avoid in Syliras, wilds and Zeltiva, when the kelvic population was growing. But she didn’t know what they were, she thought of them as humans whit really beautiful eyes. ”I..I’m Amelia” she was thought to not speak with strangers, so giving her name was a struggle, but she did it because the girl seemed nice. ”I…I came here looking at birds, but…I got lost, I can’t find my way back” her voice not half as worried as it should be at her situation. But she was oblivious to the danger.

And only when she was done speaking, did Amelia take the girls hand. She smiled, a bit of blush on her face, but she smiled and that mattered most. ”hey! Do you want to play?” the black haired girl cheered. Completely forgetting that she was lost, she had a friend to play with! …oh the short attentions spawn she had

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on July 28th, 2013, 1:44 pm

"Hmmm, another good day of patrol, Bolt!" Xander spoke to his horse to relieve some boredom. He viewed his horse like his own comrade and brother-in-arms, Bolt had been with him since he was a mere squire. He took his leisure patrolling stroll on the Kabrin until he pulled over and looked over to the Bronze Woods. "Alright, bud, time to venture there again!" Bolt neighed in agreement and stepped into the Woods.

At Amelia and Ama's location...

"Ahahaha~ Nah, clothings are so restrictive, see? I can shift much better this way" Ama giggled and stepped closer to Amelia, the black-haired little girl was cute as a button, Ama wanted to grip her between her jaws and just swung her head left and right... that might sound violent, but to Ama, it was the equivalent of cuddling in her wolf form.

"Oh, Konti! Like Madame Matilda!" Ama spoke of the only Konti she had known, Matilda Owens, caretaker of the Traveler's Row. "Yeah! I heard Kontins all have very light hair~ but you have very beautiful dark hair, you know" Ama extended her hand and gently grabbed some of Amelia's long raven hair, Ama didn't view it as a rude thing, most Kelvics have very low awareness of personal space after all.

"Oh, I see, perhaps you should introduce me to your mom sometime, eh Amelia?" Ama giggled, she was very friendly and tried to befriend any decent person she met and this cute little girl just couldn't be pass up. "Oh? You got lost? That's bad... but don't worry! I can find a way back!" Ama puffed up her chest in pride, she didn't spend most of her time venturing here for nothing. In fact, she was planning to finally move on from her home in Syliras and fully live here in the Woods. Her human father and kelvic mother gave her full support, but not yet... her father said she needed more time to mature and be ready.

"Play? Okay!" Ama didnt' mind the short attention span this little girl had, she assumed Amelia was content now that she got a guide that could take her home. So, Ama took Amelia's hand and the girls ran forward together, playing around, watching birds, eating some wild fruits, and generally having a jolly good time. Ama really took a liking to her.

Time seemed to pass swiftly as the girls found Syna's light was beginning to fade. Ama and Amelia were sitting by the Avitar River. Giggling and singing. "I think it's time we head back, Ame-" Ama was cut short when she felt some swift footsteps approaching them... yes, footsteps with an 's'.

"Amelia... Wolves" Ama whispered to the girl and true enough, some wolves were watching the girls, seeing them as an easy meal. "No, no, don't turn around" Ama prevented Amelia from turning around for it meant alarming the stalking wolves and they would charge immediately. Ama patted Amelia's head and whispered to her "It's okay... I can handle this..." Her voice sounded so confident, so mature, unlike her previous cheerful persona.

Then Ama went all fours and her body shone with light, revealing a giant white wolf with the same snow white fur and deep reddish brown eyes. Ama gave Amelia an affectionate growl before she turned to the wolves. She then howled with all her might and the wolves were taken aback by this much bigger wolf than them, the wolf that took a human form earlier. Ama snarled in aggression and intimidation, but she knew it would not be enough. She charged forward into the wolves, the wild wolves retreated back, but Ama kept chasing them, she would do so until she deemed they were far away from Amelia.

One thing though... she forgot to tell Amelia to stay put until she came back, surely the little girl would understand?
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on July 29th, 2013, 9:53 am

”thank you” the little girl twirled her foot a bit, shyly answering the girl. Amelia liked to be complimented, but they always made her feel awkward, just like the girl touching her hair. It was unusual for her. People she just met usually didn’t do that, and the only few that did touch her hair was her mother and Tia. She didn’t even like being touched much, oh little girl, if only she’d know how much she’d change in years from now, and how she’d crave for these things.

Amelia was happy to know that Ama wanted to meet her mom, she had been the first to actually ask her about her mom, instead of bragging about her own, and it made her feel a bit special. And the girl seemed to be so kind, smiling, and her voice didn’t come off strange or frightening as many peoples did! Hers was really, really nice! Still, she didn’t comment on the matter, not even because she wouldn’t want to, she was just pulled away by the girl who seemed highly enthusiastic by the chance to play.

Amelia herself didn’t mind, furthermore, she was probably a lot more into it than the kelvic. The woods were new to her, she had never been there without her mother or Tia, and even with them she didn’t go this far, though she wasn’t sure just how far was far, as she didn’t follow the directions. She was too much into laughter and storytelling, running and bouncing around, playing and looking at birds. Amelia seemed to really be into this, into the whole ‘wilds’ thing. She found every smell and every dash of color new and exciting. Especially she loved the taste of the berries, the pale red-ish ones were really sweet. But the dark blue just made her smile from one ear to the other, too bad they stained her lips and fingers, but you need to sacrifice some to get some.

The sun was not that high up anymore, when Amelia realized she and Ama had wondered all the way to a river. Amelia had trouble remembering any rivers near the city, but it still didn’t cause any alarm in her. She was a believer that when you have someone next to you, you can’t really be hurt. And she was wrong. Even though the black haired girl didn’t hear the footsteps and had no clue what was the danger, she reacted to the change of tone in Ama. She wanted to turn around and see what the wolves looked like, were they as scary as she had been told, but no, Ama told her not to. Was it respect or fright was unclear, but she obeyed.

What the girl felt rush over her once the kelvic changed shape, was not exactly horror or fear. She knew it was Ama, there beneath the fur and claws, was the girl she spent the day playing with. And her lack of understanding fear, also prevented her from feeling intimidated by how large she was. If anything, she seemed to be curios of her and how she did it, wondering if she could do the same. Amelia’s head filled with the potential games she and Ama could play if she could also learn to turn into a wolf.

But while Ama didn’t frighten Amelia, the wolfs seemed to be terrified, and it very well made sense. As she had gave an affectionate and even soft grown to Amelia, but the wolfs got a much more aggressive reaction, Ama chasing them away. It was a sight that seemed to intrigue the Cross girl, her black eyes following the direction where the shape of Ama disappeared.

The common sense Amelia had, was strong enough to make her not want to run away from her spot, she hopped that her friend would come back, she really believed she would. But her hunger was striking, not bad, but it was there. And so she let herself look around, small insecure steps around the same spot, looking for barriers that looked like the ones she had eaten. Her wonderings toke her a bit further and further from the spot she was left at by Ama. She could still see it, as the river had a relatively clean shore line, not having much trees or bushes to make things difficult. Amelia was sure she would see the big wolf, the white hair of Ama. But she forgot, that her own black hair and warm brown colored dress with the leave patterns around the bottom, seemed to make her blend in too much.

oocI'm really starting to love a little Amelia..wonder why I made her became such a calculating pain when she grows up :(

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on July 29th, 2013, 1:49 pm

OOCWell... stuff happens. :)

It was getting dark, Syna was starting to slumber to let Leth took her place, a never-ending chase between the Divine lovers. Xander heaved a contented sigh, his patrol was almost over, replaced by the ones taking the night-shift. He ruffled Bolt's mane and the horse neighed in delight. "Alright, Bolt, one more stroll and then we'll head home..." The horse neighed happily as if understanding his rider's words.

===============================

"Grrrrrr!" Ama chased down the last wolf, their tails whimpering between their legs. Ama didn't want to actually kill them for he knew those wolves merely acted on instinct, a stationary frail-looking living creature just screamed "Free meal!" for them. Now that was taken care of, Ama turned back and realized something. Oh yeah... I didn't tell Amelia to stay put.. oh no! She sprinted back to her previous location, hoping that Amelia didn't venture off. There are more things here that provided a great threat to human little girls such as bears and mountain lions.

OOCAmelia, you have two paths here, Xander or Ama? Tell me your decision through PM. ;)

For your next reply, feel free to RP Amelia getting lost and... well whatever you want her to do. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on July 29th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Everything was getting dark, the little girl didn’t mind the dark, she actually felt quite good in the night. Enough to be called a child of night by her mother; she even tended to get a bit more active during night. But this was a bit different. She still didn’t feel frightened, fright was just something she couldn’t really get the grip of, not with her innocent mind that was so sure the knights will always protect her. But the feeling of being all alone was starting to get to her, she was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

A step further, and then one more, few for the sake of good measure, and here she was again, following a glowing creature who was flying in circles. It didn’t look like a bird, and it didn’t look like a butterfly, but it was interesting to the girl and she couldn’t help but follow it back deeper to the forest, further away from the river. ”wait up! I want to play!” she called after it, tripping a few times in the dark as she followed the glowing creature. She should have probably gone back and give up on it, but she couldn’t, the small girl was determined to catch that creature. She toke her dress into her arms and began walking faster, and faster, almost running! She tripped more than once, by the time she found the glowing creature still her knees and palms were scratched and dirty by more than just barriers, bout having deeper small cuts that really didn’t bother her, but they were there.

”please” she called, trying to catch her breath. This day really was tiring to the girl. But the creature didn’t listen, like it didn’t understand her, then she called in kontinese ”please” probably the only word she remembers that Tia had thought her. But it was of no use. It flew off and she couldn’t catch it. She was forced to give up, sometimes you can’t get everything you want.

Now, was the time she looked around, the creature no more bothering her mind. And she realized, she was lost. She had even lesser of an idea where she was than when she got lost the first time and above all, it was dark. She barely could take a few steps without tripping or stepping into some kind of moss, mud or something else. And even though this was much like the only excitement the girl has had, it was also fairly unpleasant. ”Ama! Ama! Where Are you!?” she called, worried if the girl was ok. Worried about herself and her mother who was alone at home. It didn’t occur that she would be worried about Amelia. Amelia was worried about her mother being lonely.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on July 30th, 2013, 6:40 am

Xander thought it would just be another ordinary patrol in an ordinary day... but he changed his mind when he heard the voices of a... It can't be... little girl? Well, it sounded like a little girl. It could be a ghost... for all he knew, but his duty and honor as a knight demanded him to investigate, it could be a lost little girl instead. Gods be damned if he would leave a distressed damsel and walked away.

"Let's go there..." Bolt, as if sharing the knightly honor his rider had, neighed in obedience and went to the general direction the voices was from. After a few chimes of galloping... Xander came upon the strange sight of a pretty little girl with long black hair, pale skin, and wearing a dress. She looked alone, and lost too, judging by her actions and demeanor.

Xander hopped down from Bolt as not to scare the little girl with the image of an intimidating warrior, he pulled the Bolt's reins and approached Amelia, coming at her from her front as to not alert her. "Well, hello there, dear. Are you lost? Is your home in Syliras? I can take you bac-..." *GROWL!* "!?" Xander stopped in caution when he heard the growl of a... mountain lion, yes, it was a mountain lion in front of him (Amelia's back). He slowly looked up and at the tree branch to find the silhouette of a big cat, stalking them.

"......." Knowing what he had to do, Xander suddenly picked the girl up and put her on top of bolt to keep her safe. He brandished his longsword and readied his shield, then shouted to the predator "Away! Get away!!" But the cat was particularly stubborn, instead of running away, it hunched and launched itself at Xander, claws and fangs out.

Xander kept his calm and waited for the right moment then... *BAM!* bashed the pouncing big cat with his shield, its body shuddered at the impact and fell down to the ground, it immediately got up and began circling Xander like the predator it was. The knight himself also circled the predator, refusing for it to get to his flank. He eyed the little girl, who was sitting on top of Bolt, briefly before returning his attention back to his opponent.

It launched again and Xander was ready, he charged forward, shields out and countered the pounce with another shield bash. Cracking sounds was heard as the joints in the mountain lion's paws were bent. It yelped in pain and Xander finished the job by driving his longsword into the creature's heart then twist it for a quick painless kill. Some of the blood obviously spurted to his armor and shield and also coated his blade. "Huff..." He calmly pulled the blade out and flicked it to get some of the blood cleaned out before sheathing it.

He returned to his horse and Amelia again, a gentle smile on his face, "Dear, are you okay? Please don't be afraid..." He jumped up to Bolt, sitting behind Amelia, "His name is Bolt, noble steed, I'm Ser Xander, Syliran Knight, what's yours, dear?" He introduced himself as he commanded Bolt to head back to Syliras.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on July 30th, 2013, 7:31 pm

She kept walking, slowly and cautiously to not trip anymore. So much of the wilds she had managed to understand by the end of the day, you have to look under your feet! There can be ants, branches and other things the girl couldn’t really find the terms to name. As she was walking, she continued to call for her konti friend, to call for her mother. She was unaware that her voice was inviting predators to an easy meal, that part she wouldn’t realize until she witnessed it.

In a few chimes, the little Cross heard noise. But it was not the noise of the horse galloping towards her, she heard twigs break under large weight. But to her mind it didn’t seem to come off as something to be scared of. A bit more, a few steps deeper and she finally came to realize that there was also a horse coming closer. She turned around to see a horse, and a man on it. When he came closer she realized, it was a knight of Syliras. She had been around the city long enough to recognize one even from afar. This case had her thinking more, but only because it was dark.

”yes, I’m fr~” but she had no chance to finish her sentence. Before she realized what happened, she had been grabbed like a rag doll and placed on the horse. She had no actual realization of what was happening as she had never saw a knight in action, if you may describe it like this. She looked wide eyed at everything, but everything was confusion. And only when she saw the blood splatter, the cat’s life cut short, did she realize what happened. And saying that she found the predators death reasonable would not be true. The young girl was oblivious to what death meant. But she realized that having blood splatter and a sword go through you, could not mean anything good.

The knight sat behind her on the horse, it was reassuring, but she still didn’t seem to be at complete ease ”Amelia…Cross” she usually didn’t say her last name, but her mother told her that it was polite to do it, though she was not completely sure to why. ”that cat is hurt! We can’t leave him!” she called as she realized they were moving, the girl really believed they could help him. And then she remembered, AMA! ”my friend, Ama! She is still here! There was a wolf chase and now she’s gone! We have to find her! ” Well her vocal skills were half back.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on July 31st, 2013, 9:25 am

"Ah, young mistress Amelia, an honor to meet you" Xander nodded and acted like how knights were supposed to act, honorable and polite. Bolt also neighed in greeting to the small extra weight on his back, it was a rather nice experience to have another rider on his back.

Xander was a bit surprised when the girl suddenly went frantic and talked about saving the dead mountain lion, the mountain lion that had just tried to devour her. He scratched his head a bit, not sure on how to explain it, the girl seemed too young to understand that the wilderness is very dangerous without the proper skills and the fact she didn't realize that the cat was obviously dead. "Woah, woah, Mistress. Easy... easy..." He ruffled Amelia's long hair with his left hand, his right holding Bolt's reins.

"Mistress, that was a mountain lion, it tried to..." Xander pondered on his words, saying "eat or devour" would be too morbid so... "...to hurt you. It needed to be punished so as a Knight, it's my duty to do so" He explained it in the easiest words he could form, Xander was not actually good with children.

To get her mind off that cat corpse, Xander commanded Bolt to gallop faster to Syliras "We must make haste to Syliras, it's already dark". The girl then spoke of a name, her friend she said, named Ama. "Ah, I know who you mean, Ama the Dire White Wolf Kelvic, right?" Ama was rather famous, one could not miss the gigantic form a wolf with white fur, Ama's very friendly and sociable attitude also helped with that.

Xander had met her several times, mostly he found her wandering the Woods, Kelvics were never really fond of the cramped walls and ceilings of the Citadel. "I know she'll be fine, Mistress. What kind of animal would attack a wolf that's as big as a large bear? Hahahaha!" He laughed heartily, both serious and to ease the little girl's worries.

OOCAlright! I will post them arriving at Syliras in my next reply. ;) Feel free to socialize with Xander in your reply, Amelia
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next