Completed [The Aylasa Caves] Circle You, Circle You (Fallon, Kreig)

Laughter in the children's hands, they come together in the room, "It's time" they said, "Close your eyes" they said...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Aylasa Caves] Circle You, Circle You (Fallon, Kreig)

Postby Radiant on August 16th, 2013, 1:14 pm

OOCKreig requested for his turn to be skipped for this particular rotation. :)

It kept silent as Fallon explained about the Island of the Nuits. Sucking in every knowledge that it received.

"Information about 'Sahova' acquired.
Next objective:
-Observe Subject 22's magic
-Alter self location to Sahova"

It was clear on what it wants, the Journeyman threw down the torch it was holding and it fell to the ground right before Fallon's feet. Its pure black eyes unmoving, watching every detail.

Demonstrating her "Projection" now would mean that Kreig would bear witness to the ability that Fallon so desperately tried to conceal from others, but would she do that if it means saving their lives?

OOCSorry for the short post, but not much can be done without Fallon's decision. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fallon on August 16th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Fallon just stared. She had heard the words clearly, her gaze unwavering as she did. The hands lowered from the Tulwar and slunk into her pockets, her heels rocking backwards and forth. Nostrils flared, a silent monologue playing over in her head as she did. This creature wanted a show? This creature wanted to witness a performance of her magic? The lip curled, and the squire shook her head.

Projection. There was nothing to see with it. Fallon knew the magic well enough, that the eyes of those untrained in auristics could not see it. And thus to the eyes of Kreig – and the rest of those that came with her – would be invisible and far from their notice. Devoid of colour, sense or mass, those ethereal limbs would only be made visible through over giving and prolonged use. And even then there would only be a faint glow.

And then there was laughter. A deep, break of noise from the very pits of her stomach. It rung through the caves, echoing off the walls and reverberating off the stone. A true cry of pure amusement. There was a blink, those laboured breaths easing whilst her chest heaved, “You want me? To show magic? When there is nothing to see?”

There was second shake of the head, followed by a sigh. Her hands however remaining fixed within her pockets. She felt the aura of her astral tremble and quiver beneath the skin. Nothing would be revealed, nothing would be seen. Eyes burned brightly, the turn of djed within her very core twisting and turning beneath. The fine lines of the astral layer unravelled, pulling, twisting and turning.

Etheral wisps unravelled, the low laughter of amusement still living there. She felt the strands pucker and tighten, the dull drum beat of the heart pulsing through her veins. She felt the joints of her elbow grow numb and heavy. Rolling her shoulders back slightly she kept her hands within her pockets, sealed within and thus avoiding the risk of the obvious signs – if they could even be called that – being revealed. There was a gentle tug at one of them, a small pull as the astral finally freed itself. The deep numbness set in, the left now free whilst the right remained in place. The invisible snake floated there, hovered and poised, the fingers silently drumming against the air. Invisible but there. They reached out, flexing and turning before those dulled eyes of the creature, brushing loosely before it before snapping back.

“Nothing to see,” there was a chuckle, “Hate to disappoint. No great balls of fire, or shards of ice from me. No strange mind tricks or the like. Nothing, to see, at, all.” There was a sweeping bow, the left astral hand already winding its way back. She did not like keeping it out long out of preference. And straining it was always an issue she kept in her mind, “And now, Sahova awaits you. Learn lots will you?”
x

oocI feel sort of rail roaded here. No offence, but it sort of kills the fun.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 18th, 2013, 4:37 am

Kreig didn't quite understand what was going on, it seemed Fallon was quite familiar with the island Kreig spent most of a season confined in a ship that docked at its shores. But Fallon was a traveler... that was easy to understand, her visiting the isle of the accursed nuits would be no great surprise. It was the insistance that the creature be showed Fallon's magic.... did she have magic? Kreig's brow raised at the thought... if she did why didn't she tell him... 'You are from Sunberth, why should she tell you?' Indeed, why should a man from a city that not only hates magic outright, but actively hunt it down be told of such a secret. Still, it hurt slightly... he understood why she would keep so if she was indeed a mage, but it made him feel guilty.

'Not the time for this, Kreig' He told himself silently as he watched the events play out. The abomination was interested in Sahova... but it was intent on knowing Fallon's ability, but Fallon seemed to do nothing as she set her hands in her pocket. Kreig unaware of the things happening before him. She simply to do nothing and it confused him, a headache seemed to be coming about 'Is or is she not.. a mage?' Kreig wished he had an answer, but now was not the time.. for now it seemed Fallon was not a mage , but what would that spell for them? the creature was interested in seeing Fallon's supposed magic 'Petch it all' Kreig thought as he tightened a fist, waiting for the action that would spell either their demise... or their salvation
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on August 18th, 2013, 6:45 am

Even though Fallon claimed that the creature couldn't "see" her magic, but the creature saw it. It saw it all, the manipulation of djed, the subtle aura of magic that emanated from Fallon's projected hand.

"Subject 22 confirmed able to manipulate Astral Body. Observation on Subject 22 concluded. Observer will proceed to next objective:

Next Objective:
-Alter location to Sahova"

It spoke its thoughts and without even so much as a parting remark, it... shifted, shimmering, as if the very air around itself was distorted. When the squires could focus on the creature again, it had changed dramatically in shape, it now resembled a milky white female Zith, but with the same void black eyes and mouthless feature. It then "flew" towards the cavern entrance, its movements so unnatural that one may called it "floating" instead of flying. And then... it was gone, without a trace. The immense aura of magic dissipated entirely with its disappearance. Leaving the squire duo alone with their unconscious patron and forest guardian.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on August 19th, 2013, 4:59 pm

It was done. They had survived a terrible fate.

It was with a long heavy sigh that the squire relaxed. Eyes turned to Kreig, studying the confusion on his face whilst she winced at him in the gloom, whilst the fine strings of her astral snaked their way through her flesh to reconnect. They gripped and twisted locking up and tying themselves off, the sapping numbness consuming the dead weight of before. Eyes closed for a moment, a slow inhale as she focused on making sure her arm was attached properly. The previous performance was far from a strenuous task, but it was still time consuming if she wished to do it right.

The creature had vanished without a trace, that pulsing presence having gone with it. With her better hand she picked up the torch, the crackling light being lifted to illuminate the tunnel. Nothing was there, it was safe for now. Stiff, slowed fingers flexed as she moved round to get a better look at those that were unconscious. She took a crouch and gave a gentle tap to the face of her patron, before giving a nod to Kreig, “Keep an eye on them will you? Gonna leave the torch here and take a quick gander in deeper. I don’t think we’re quiet out of the woods yet and I want to make sure the place is clear for now.”

The torch was placed down, and gently stepping around the unconscious bodies Fallon hovered on the edge of the gloom and peered into it and the shapes. She was using it more as a time to gather her thoughts. Who knew what he thought now, would he question it or would he let it lie. She bit her lip.

Just focus on what is before you. Not anything else. Petch. Hands reached out and touched the surfaces, a foot tapping against the ground and checking for unevenness. She did not fancy receiving any damage any time soon.
x
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 20th, 2013, 3:49 am

Kreig was confused, relieved, but oh so confused.

It seemed the abomination had obtained what it desired…. And it seemed to have confirmed what Fallon was, it sounded, or perhaps it thought so certain; Fallon was a mage… He couldn’t but feel confusion and along with for the umpteenth time he couldn’t help but feel guilt. His friend couldn’t tell him her secret, other than the general taboo of it being magic… he was from Sunberth, raised to hate it, despite it, mages should be hanged. Kreig knew that events in recent years changed that, he knew mages yet tolerated them. He never bothered telling Fallon that…. Not that he thought she needed to know at the time, nor did he even suspect she was a mage ever since they met ‘I failed again…’ He thought, as she looked at him he could see her wince…. Was she worried? Kreig didn’t know as he stared back, unable to control these feelings of guilt.

She then told him to look after the unconscious Ama and their Patron after she had briefly checked if they were alright, Kreig slowly nodded as he saw her move away, to check deeper into the cave for any more dangers ‘I…doubt there is’ Kreig thought as he approached Ama first, a hand placed near her mouth to check if she still breathed, then pulled her back and placed her gently against the wall ‘That's one’ He thought, then approached his mentor, placing two fingers against her neck and was satisfied that she seemed to be alright, dragging her to the cave wall to rest against it.

After he was done, he sighed as he rest against the wall himself….He felt tired despite not having done anything useful ‘Heh…. Least we all lived’ Came the thought, but the feeling of uselessness lingered. He couldn’t do anything against that thing, he couldn’t protect anyone and had to be the one to be protected. He knew he shouldn’t feel such shame…. Yet there it was, as he looked down the path where Fallon had ventured forth, a single thought assaulted his mind as he began to look at the fists he was so proud of.

‘Weak’

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on August 22nd, 2013, 8:49 am

The air went silent, no sound except for breaths of the living and the soft crackle of the torch graced the cavern. When Fallon peered over to the corridor, she could see nothing out of the ordinary except for the now drying up blood trail. The intense aura of magic from the creature was definitely gone, no whispers of alien speech could be heard.

Until a shimmering figure... in the shape of a small female human seemed to be running from the corridor to Fallon's direction. A translucent girl looking no older than ten Springs sheepishly made her way to Fallon, her back-length black hair flowed with her movement, her equally black eyes looked up at the female squire as if she was her saviour.

"T-the white monster... i-is it gone? D-did you get rid of it?" The girl fidgeted, hesitating like how children are nervous around adults. "I-if you did... t-then thank you, Miss... u-uh... me and my friends were so afraid... i-it suddenly came... t-that terrible white... t-then it stayed... never leaving... j-just watching at us with i-its.. m-mouthless face..." The girl was visibly afraid, the creature's influence brought fear even to the dead "T-then one day.. it m-moved... t-then it... I.. uuh..." She was visibly hesitating and suddenly turned around to move back to the corridor "I-I think y-you better g-go home, Miss... w-who knows it might come back..."

The ghost ran away, back to the corridor from which she came.

OOCShould you both want to roleplay Ama and Natasha waking up, feel free to do so. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on August 22nd, 2013, 9:34 pm

Fallon gave a long careful stare into the gloom, eyes looking, watching and waiting for movement. There was the disgruntled groan from her patron as she came too, the distinct sound of scraping against the floor. She gave only a quick glance back, before returning to her own thoughts. Or at least until that voice reached her ears. Eyes stared upon the ghost girl as she spoke, dulled eyes turned to her, the flickering thoughts of the last time she saw such a spirit. She remembered the rain and the rolling thunder, with the dark underlying sting of words beneath those stormy skies. There was almost a flinch, a brief flash of worry, before the words truly hit her.

“It’s safe now,” she breathed, “The creature is gone and never coming back. Or at least I hope so…” there was a pause as she watched the ghost girl hover and made her way back down the corridor. Fingers extended, a call to grab attention, “Wait a minute, I need to ask you something. Oh petch.” Her hand wrapped around the Tulwar as she glance back at Kreig and those that were coming too. What a day this was turning out to be, “I’ll be right back okay?”

Petch. Petch. Why these stupid ghosts… She took careful steps through the gloom the Tulwar drawn before her and sheepishly tapping at the ground, checking for bumps and gaps as she walked. Not that she wandered in too far, she only went in several more feet before raising her voice to the ghost, “Wait stop! Just need your time for a few chimes! Have you seen any hunters in here? A few of them came in here a few days ago, have you seen anything? I mean we was following the blood and all but hey, you know… sort of dried up.”

She gave a swallow, eyes squinting in the dark before she pulled back.

Nothing, eh? Bugger.
x
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 29th, 2013, 12:10 pm

Ama and Sera Natasha were beginning to stir, albeit slowly ‘Better perhaps, who knows what damage that…. Whatever it was…. Could have done’ Kreig wondered to himself as he rested against the wall opposite of the duo. Fallon still searching deep in the cave, well not quite deep as he could hear her voice, he could make out that she was speaking in a calm tone although he couldn’t hear the words. which could have indicated she was safe for the moment. Although he couldn’t hear the other voice, simply assuming she was speaking to herself ‘Can I blame her? I’d be talking to myself if I was out of earshot’

He looked at the wolf pup, still tense but calm, the biggest indicator danger passed Kreig knew, animals were just better at humans when it came to sensing danger. It looked at the unconscious figures of Ama and Natasha, its head tilting and perhaps wondering about their condition before scurrying back to its master as she came back, Kreig looked up at her with tired eyes, the weight of all that occurred finally hitting him. He was mused at how tired he felt, surprised that doing nothing had made him this fatigued as he slowly stood up “Find something interesting?” Kreig asked, judging by the look on her face, she either dead or it just hit home that they were safe. Only to get no reply as she then ran back with the tulwar in hand.

“Hey! Wait up” He called out, if there was danger he could at least be of help… but then stopped midway as he realized following her meant leaving the two behind them “Petch…” He muttered, but the feeling of dissatisfaction left as Fallon as quickly as she had left, he looked at her with concerned eyes that was mixed with confusion “Uh…did you find the hunters?” was all he could ask.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Radiant on August 30th, 2013, 6:47 am

When Fallon mentioned about hunters. The ghost girl suddenly came back from the corridor, her face worried as if saying that Fallon shouldn't know this. "Hunters... Do you really want to know? Do... you...?" The girl's voice sounded eerily mature, like a parent warning her child to not know something she wasn't meant to know yet. The ghost sighed and pointed to the end of the corridor. "Go down this path... and you shall see... though I'm not sure you wanted to see..." With that, she phased through the walls of the caverns and disappeared.

Ama and Sera Natasha slowly stirred awake, both of them rubbed their head, though Sera Natasha immediately brandished her sword, her face on full alert "Where's the assailant?" He eyed Kreig and noticed he was somewhat in a relaxed mood. Natasha carefully sheathed her sword, still keeping an eye on the surroundings. "Kreig... what happened here?" She asked the brawler "And where's Fallon?"

Ama herself immediately activated her gnosis to provide some light to the area, her keen eyes searching for trouble. She sighed and allowed herself to relax when she couldn't find anything troubling, but... she went alert again when her ears heard Fallon's voices echoing from the distance.

"Fallon?!"

"Madame Fallon?!"

They both said at the same time. Natasha immediately stood up and turned to Kreig and Ama "I will get her. You can both stay guard or follow me, your choice!" Natasha then readied her weapons and sprinted deeper to the corridor.

Ama just stood by Kreig's side "Sir Kreig, I will stay with you, should you choose to follow, I will do so as well..."
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext