Closed New beginnings (Ricky)

Khesas comes to meet Ricky while searching for a place to stay

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Khesas on August 2nd, 2013, 5:02 am

85th of Summer, 513 AV

It was odd, being on solid ground again, the nudging sway of the sea no longer shifting the surface under him. His legs almost trembled from the effort, and more often than not he found himself leaning to the right while he walked. It was more than a bit disconcerting, and idly Khesas wondered how long it would take him to get used to walking on solid land again as he made his way about the city. He was looking for a place to stay at the moment, even though he knew he needed to find a vessel that would carry him to Sunberth and soon. A good meal and rest however appealed more to his present interests, for days on the sea had been long indeed. There was always the tomorrow for such matters in any case he figured, and so he walked on.

It was an aimless sort of way however, as his common was not that strong, and he was unfamiliar with the sign methods these, Zeltivan's, used to designate their inns. He'd have asked the sailors he'd arrived with if his pride hadn't gotten the best of him in those moments in the presence of the Avierous, the captain of said ship. As a result, he was left to make his awkward way about Zeltiva, increasingly more uncomfortable with the situation with each passing moment till at last, reason demanding he swallow his pride, and ask for help from a man that happened to be passing by.

"Aye stranger, would you be knowing where a weary traveler might be finding a place to stay?"

Khesas
Player

Words: 14052
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Eypharian
Scrapbook

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Ricky Maze on August 3rd, 2013, 7:40 am

Ricky was on patrol as usual since the bells of the day called out for the patrol, being a part of the Wave Guard it generally was the same damn schedule everyday. Same time different post, although the guard couldn't really complain now that the weather started to cool down. "Thank Zulrav the petchin' weathers better, I was gettin' tired of tannin' me arse in this blasted heat we had." It's true. Ricky earned quite a tan during the middle of this season, along with a heat stroke from the Void when the hottest part finally clouded the city. Thankfully the Wave Guard outfit didn't feel so hot as it would during his days of patrol as he watched his routes. The azure garb a symbol of protection to the city locals, Ricky had started to take his role in authority a bit more proudly recently. He was better, much better, with his abilities both physical as well as mental. After much preparation during the season he has finally come to be ready to be the leader people needed him to be, and sure enough Ricky would humbly accept that role only in the time he absolutely needed to. A foreigner had approached him from the docks with the question generally all new arrivals would ask, and when Ricky turned to face the man he did so with a humble smile on his face.

"Bit on the short side." He quirked as he had to look downward to the man, still he took notice of the foreigners four arms and skin shade darker than the average sailors. This man was an Ephyrian, and Ricky hadn't the best experience with one of those. His first one being a female who intended to think herself above the law and on the path of vengeance, it was a tense enconter Ricky put far behind him with but a lesson to remember. "This 'un can't be too much trouble, t' say the least." Overall his impression of the foreigner had yet to be made, and he really hadn't the opportunity to know who this man is. He had somewhere to be after all and Ricky had a job needed to be done. "Aye, ya lookin' f'r a place t' rest yer head, the World's End Grotto be up that way past the Kelp Bar." He pointed to the trail that led on up to the Grotto, the structure somewhat visible from where they stood. "Got good food and warm beds f'r the traveler that pays f'r their room." He assured the stranger with a hearty grin.

"Is there anythin' else ya need sir," Ricky inquired patiently with hands at his waist, "I can help give directions or guide ya if necessary."

"Does he pay for a tour? Or is it free?" A woman asked as she approached from behind.

"Free o' char- Oh." Ricky cut himself off as he turned to see this woman, the fire red haired ginger approached in her tunic with her usual sway in her hips. "Hannah, whatcha up t'?"

She didn't respond right away of course, only casually approached with eyes all up and down the foreigner. "Where'd you pick this one up Ricky? He's quite the exotic one." Her eyes manly darted along his four arms with intrigue, a casual smile on her face as Ricky only blushed a bit.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Khesas on August 16th, 2013, 6:09 am

He sighed when he saw the place Ricky was pointing, rubbing his chin idly with his right had as he mulled over the man's words for a few moments. It was close to the docks, which would prove beneficial, yet the structure was nothing near as grand as those in Ahnatep, and he had no idea what to expect. Not that he had much of a choice however, for he needed a place to sleep and this seemed to be one of the few places available.

"It will do" Khesas replied, moving to continue on to the so mentioned place when the man continued, to the accompaniment of a woman to his surprise, and stoping were he was he turned once more to regard the man. "New clothing, its a bit too chilly here for my liking" He ignored the woman's comments for the moment, not versed enough in the common tongue to figure out quite all of what she'd said to feel confident in his response, and if anything he did not want to portray weakness to these strangers.

Khesas
Player

Scrapbook

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Ricky Maze on August 20th, 2013, 11:16 am

As he strode off he seemed to ignore the remark Hannah made, which actually surprised Ricky just a little in this case as not many would brush her off so easily. For one Hannah never really fit in like others, her promiscuous nature and disregard for others opinions made her a prime target to be looked upon. (If not her suggestive choice in clothes.) Still the foreigner continued on to the Grotto until finally he stopped dead in his tracks, which another question pertaining to where he could buy new clothes. "Ah, ye'll wanna go into the city and find "West" Street instead o' East Street, West Street's all yer shoppin' needs." He quirked with a humble grin to the man, curious whether or not he should be his guide.

"Too chilly here he said, obviously he hasn't stayed for a whole Summer." She quirked with a casual smile, arms crossed as she still eyed the man up and down. Her eyes more so went down than up but she still looked at him with intrigue, Ricky chuckled at her remark to staying a full summer as he knew what she referred to. The heat wave that hit the city hard until midseason, which finally broke out a violent storm for the city. Since then the weather has taken a gradual cool decline due to Summer's end approaching. "Maybe we should tag along Ricky, he does need clothes for the Bonesnapper winds I'm sure. Though I like his outfit already." She gave a devious smile to the stranger and Ricky could only roll his eyes, he knew she would already take an interest in him.

"She could be right,maybe this petcher needs a helper t' show 'em 'round." He had to admit Zeltiva would very easily confuse this man, it took a while for many foreigners to grow accustomed to the city. If Hannah hadn't suggested it now his idea to be a guide would've only been brushed aside, but now he felt it was all the more necessary to help this man get settled in. "D'ya need me t' guide ya 'round Zeltiva?" He inquired respectively with a patient attitude, his humble grin still present as he waited for an answer.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Khesas on September 30th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Khesas crinkled his nose at the unfamiliar word choice that this man had decided to use, words that left him wondering if this one was referring to a specific shop, or even a particular set of merchants in the area. He dared to think about questioning this one more about it when he remembered the embarrassment he suffered from the sailors with their constant chiding. Not again He resolved bitterly to himself before offering the reply expected of him. "My thanks"

It might have been better for conversation to say more, but he certainly didn't feel up to it, for right now he just longed for comfortable clothing, a decent meal, and a warm bed. The woman seemed to have other ideas however, intruding once more into the conversation with her own thoughts on the matter, thoughts that drew more than a slight blush from the young Eypharian. He'd never been talked to so forwardly by a woman, and this one had him feeling keenly the heat that flushed his cheeks. It didn't hurt that her suggestion quite thoroughly settled his little problem of navigating the city, all while keeping his pride in tact. And this one was rather nice to look at, especially after spending so much time at sea..

"I could use the company" Khesas answered instead of completing the thought, his pulse already excitable enough, and averting his eyes once more to Ricky's and then beyond to the city, he came to truly appreciate Ricky generosity. Zeltiva, while by no means as grand as Ahnatep, was still large enough to prove a chore to navigate, and he didn't plan on staying long enough to bother with learning his way about, so the less time he had to waste, the better. So with a smile, he swept his two right arms forward to gesture for Ricky to lead the way. "After you"

OOCMy apologies for taking so dreadfully long to reply! I have no excuse for my own ineptness. I will be more prompt with my replies in the future!

Khesas
Player

Scrapbook

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Ricky Maze on October 10th, 2013, 6:35 am

"Heh, well that was easy." Ricky mused with a glance over to Hannah and her quick handy work, it never failed to surprise him how she could easily have her way with things, that is if she ended up using the right words of course.This foreigner sure enough had his work cut out for him, if he intended to learn his way around the city after all, thus Ricky quickly complied with the man once he made the gesture to lead on. "Right this way sir." He nodded as he marched along with another glance to Hannah, who merely strutted alongside him with a look back to the six armed man.

Both Ricky and Hannah guided him along into the heart of the city from the Docks which took somewhere around half a bell maybe, Ricky's quick glance down to Hannah showed him her smirks of interest as she would only glance to him in return and strut before the Ephyrian. That brought an eye roll out of Ricky with a minor chuckle to follow, he could only hope the foreigner hadn't taken to watching her as she intended for him to. Surely by then Hannah would decide putting it out there wouldn't really work, since he wouldn't seem interested in her in the slightest. "God damn, the woman's helpless." Of course he knew when Hannah was only messing around by now, from what he could tell she seemed to only be doing so for now, unless of course she really did take interest. Then she was sure enough doing well to hide it with the teases she presented for the man.

"Up 'ere ye'll find West Street and East Street," He pointed left and right for the foreigner to understand, "West Street is where ye'll find all the shops ya need." He waved his right arm over to West Street as he turned to face the foreigner once again. "Down 'ere the businesses 'ave a variety o' things t' offer ya, now do ya need directions o' guidance t' The Grotto? O' is there anythin' else I can 'elp ya with?" He rested his hands at his hips and waited patiently for whatever the man had to say, a small grin on his face to show a warm and positive attitude.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

New beginnings (Ricky)

Postby Zandelia on March 30th, 2014, 2:02 am

Khesas :
Please update your Ledger with Winter Seasonal Expenses and I can post up your grade.

Ricky :
Skills
Observation – 2

Notes :
I’m sorry that I couldn’t give more Ricky, I would have liked this thread to go somewhere but alas. Well written as always though!

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)