Completed [Rearing Stallion]Your First Ale?!

Sei has never had any alcoholic drink before, and decides to try it out for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]Your First Ale?!

Postby Sei Tendo on August 10th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Day 71, Summer of 513AV

Sei paced around in front of the Rearing Stallion. Should I..? Maybe I shouldn't.. What if I get drunk? Sei thought helplessly. Sei had thought about this all day yesterday. He could hardly keep it together. In all of Sei's life, he'd never had a single Ale. He'd never given it to much thought until yesterday. Sei decided to enjoy his life to the full extent. Sei had talked to someone about it and gave it some thought. After a bit of mental war, he made his decision. And because of that decision, here he was, staring at the doors of the Rearing Stallion. Sei opened the doors and took a seat inside. Sei sat at the bar and looked down. There was a lot of levels of nervousness. But sitting in a bar for the first time was a whole different story.
Last edited by Sei Tendo on August 18th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 11th, 2013, 6:20 am

Angela had only walked past the Rearing Stallion before, never really giving it much thought or a glance. But as she once again drew near the tavern, the smell of cooking food wafted out of the tavern doors and tempted her with it's alluring aroma. She paused as her stomach grumbled unhappily, having not been fed since early that morning. Food had never really been an issue before, but since she had been out on her own, Angela had been more than careful on where she spent her money.

Her stomach growled again, this time much more loudly. She pulled the hood of her cloak over her head, her mind made up, and quietly eased her way into the tavern. Living a sheltered life had made her feel more than a little awkward when going into crowded places. Where should she sit? Who should she talk to? Angela saw an unoccupied corner table, and quickly claimed it. Maybe if she sat and watched a while, she would learn what to do.

Angela scanned the tavern, feeling a little less lost by now, and noticed a pale young man at the bar. He seemed almost as nervous as she felt, and wondered what it was that he was doing. Her attention was shifted suddenly as the waiter approached her table. She smiled nervously and hoped for the best.
Fortune Telling :
Should you want a fortune telling, please message me. I suppose having the cards read is a great way to set up future events or even give a direction to where you might want to go.
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Words: 10912
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 12:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 11th, 2013, 5:34 pm

ImageAfter awhile, a young woman walked in and took a seat. As far as he was concerned, she was nervous about something as well. She was scanning the area and eventually looked at Sei. As Sei hung around he was approached by the bartender.

"What can I do for you?" She said.

Sei felt his face go red, and his cheeks burn. Sei didn't know what to say. It was downright embarrassing. "Uhm... This is my first time having an Ale so I--" But Sei was cut off.
"Your first Ale?!" The woman exclaimed for all to hear.
"Well.. Yes. It is.." Sei muttered shyly. Sei looked around the room. He was pretty certain everyone had heard the bartender.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 11th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Angela had just gotten done ordering a plate of food when she heard the bartender make a loud exclamation. His first ale? That was hardly a thing to be so embarrassed about. Yet the young man was as bright as a tomato, and she couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him.

Feeling bold, Angela got up out of her seat and plopped down at the bar.
"I will also have an ale, please. This will be my first."
The bartender eyed her closely and chuckled, "Well isn't that sweet. But aren't you a little too young to be drinking?"

Angela composed herself and put her coin down on the table. "I'll have you know that my father started drinking not a day after fifteen. I'm a year and almost two seasons older than what he was, so I know he would consent."

The bartender looked her over once more, then shrugged and took her money. Angela had never been too fond of the smell of alcohol, and doubted she would finish the whole mug. But she took comfort in the fact that the stranger was no longer alone, and that maybe he would feel less embarrassed. She smiled to herself and stole a glance at him.

Receipt:
6 sm dinner
1 sm mug of ale
Fortune Telling :
Should you want a fortune telling, please message me. I suppose having the cards read is a great way to set up future events or even give a direction to where you might want to go.
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 11th, 2013, 9:59 pm

ImageSei was about to order when a younger girl, at least 17, ordered and ale, and stated confidently that it was her first. The girl sat next to Sei and handed the bartender the money. Sei could tell the bartender thought of her as a minor, but swallowed his words and spoke. "Wait a minute miss." Sei called, his face a little less red. It was good to know other people were in the same boat.

"Yes?" She said, walking back to the bar.
" If you wouldn't mind, would you change this for me?" Sei asked, handing the woman 10gms.
"Of course." She said with a pleasent smile, and taking the mizas.

Sei knew the girl who had ordered an Ale was looking at him. Before Sei could speak, the bartender came back with the ale and Sei's change.

"Here's your ale. And here's your change." The bartender said, giving the girl her ale with a suspicious glance, and giving Sei his 100sm.
"And one Ale please." Sei said, handing her the mizas. When the batender returned with ale, she went to back. "Hello." He said to the girl next to him. "How about a toast to our first Ale?" He said, holding up his mug. "To Ale." He exclaimed.

Receipt-10gms for +100sms
-1sm for Ale mug
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 12th, 2013, 12:10 am

Angela curiously watched as the money was exchanged until she saw the bartender put a mug of brown liquid in front of her. She pulled it close and smelled it as another glass was handed to the young man. The beverage had a more wholesome smell than other alcoholic drinks.

"Hello," the young man said, "how about a toast to our first Ale?"

Certainly she could not refuse the offer, it seemed only appropriate to give a toast to such an occasion. Besides, you only have your first ale once!

She smiled and hoisted up her glass, "To ale!" She brought the cup to her lips and took a small sip, trying to prepare herself for her first taste of alcohol. The beverage had an interesting flavor, mixed between sweet and bitter. Her face scrunched up a little and she couldn't help but giggle at how silly she might have looked just then.

"Oh my, what an exotic taste. I don't think I've ever had anything quite like that." As she sat her glass back down, a plate of meat and vegetables was put down in front of her. The waiter seemed a little annoyed at her moving seats, but the look on her face made up for it because he didn't complain.

"So sir," she said as she picked up her fork, trying to make good conversation, "what finally brought you around to the drink?"
Fortune Telling :
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 12th, 2013, 12:49 am

Sei looked at the cup and took a small sip of the contents. The first sip was amazing. It was sweet with a bitter aftertaste that rounded the drink well. Sei took another sip, bigger than the last, and it felt great. Sei took another swig and enjoyed the bitter sweet taste of the ale. It was weird. He had always thought it would be disgusting, but now he knew what he was missing out on. As much as he'd enjoyed this, he wondered why he hadn't tried Ale sooner. Sei sat down his cup, which was now near empty. As the woman took her first sip, she scrunched her face, which gave him a slight smile. When she sat her cup down, she turned to Sei and spoke.

"I guess it is a... Strange taste. But it amazing." He said. He hadn't been this excited in a while. Sei drank the rest of his ale and set the mug on the counter. He had liked it enough that he wanted another, but before he could ask the girl began to speak. "Sir? I'll have you know I'm only 20, and please, just call me Sei." He said with a slight bow. "I'd been thinking about living my life without missing out on anything, and yesterday I remembered that I never had ale before. I had never really thought anything of it before, but it really started to bug me." He explained.

When he was done, Sei called over the bartender.
"Another Ale please." He said politely. The woman nodded and returned with the bottle, refilling the glass and returning it to the shelf. He had chugged the ale until there was half a cup left and sat down the mug with a clang. "Um, sorry, but what's your name? I don't want to call you 'you.'" He asked, chugging more of his second ale.

Receipt-1sm for Ale
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 12th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Angela stuffed a fork full of food into her mouth. "I'd been thinking about living my life without missing out on anything, and yesterday I remembered that I never had ale before. I had never really thought anything of it before, but it really started to bug me," he said. She nodded, seeing now the importance. She swallowed her mouthful.

"It defiantly is good to go out and try to experience all you can. Although it is a dangerous world, it's still important to live your life."

She took another sip of her ale, and warming up to it, took a bigger swig. Although her face once again scrunched up, another bite of food helped clear out the taste. Angela could not believe how fast Sei was drinking this stuff and was more surprised to see him order another mug. She hoped that he wouldn't get drunk, or at least too drunk. It had been a while since she had to look out for a drunk person, and she felt responsible for this new stranger. She hoped that she could at least help him home or to an inn if she had to.

"Hmm, how rude of me. My name is Angela, it's nice to meet you."
Fortune Telling :
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 12th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Sei was enjoying himself. First he had a good drink, and now a perfect conversation with a stranger. After she spoke, he gave a toothy grin, and turned toward her, revealing his catlike eyes and his sharp teeth. "Well, it's better to experience everything, than it is to experience nothing." He said. He couldn't help but laugh as she scrunched her face after a swig more of ale, but this time it was so intense, she had to take a forkful of veggies to ware it down. He chugged down the remaining ale, and set down the cup.

"Well, Angela, you honor me with your presence." Sei said politely. He called the waitress back and ordered another ale. He took a large gulp, and gently put the mug on the counter. He hadn't realized that he hadn't gotten drunk yet. He took another swig and spoke. "If you haven't guessed yet by my eyes, I'm a Kelvic." He took another gulp, and set down the mug once more. [b]"And why might a beatiful young woman such as yourself, be in a filthy place like this?" He said, downing the rest of his ale.

"Another ale please."

Receipt-2sm for 2 ales
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 13th, 2013, 3:16 am

Jantys walked into the bar with his signiture clanking heaviness. He had lost some weight since entering the Knighthood, but he still seemed to carry twice that around him like an aura, dragging down his shoulders and everyone who cared to glance at him. He inspects the tavern hawkishly, like a con-man looking for his next mark; hardly the glower of an apprentice knight. He had a reason for being surreptitious, though. He had entered a tavern without a coin to his name.

Cautiously threading through the tables and people, he winds up at the bar. He was still wearing his squire's armor from training, and it occasionally gleamed in the candlelight; at least, the spots that were polished up, which weren't many of them. The older man in a dirty set of armor clonked himself down next to Sei, picking up the thread of their conversation quickly. If he was going to earn himself some well-deserved ale tonight, it would have to be through conversation. He listens for a good spot, then rather startlingly jumps in.

"Mhm. I've got to agree with that." He smiles wanly, tapping a forefinger on the bar with a dull metallic sound. "'S never ever too late to improve your life, lad. Why, look a' me, an old coot, entering himself into the Squirehood. Absolutely petchin' ridiculous, but I don't regret it." Actually, they looked a bit young, maybe he shouldn't swear too much. Especially since one of them was a... What did he say, what do you call them... Klenik. He knew a bit about them, and they were a lot more childlike then they appeared, sometimes.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Character sheet

Next