Completed [Rearing Stallion]Your First Ale?!

Sei has never had any alcoholic drink before, and decides to try it out for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]Your First Ale?!

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 13th, 2013, 9:43 pm

"Well, Angela, you honor me with your presence," Sei had said and Angela couldn't help but smile. She had met many people who weren't very well mannered and she she was happy that she had found conversation with a gentleman. Before she could say another word, a knight had taken up the other seat next to Sei and let himself in on the conversation.

Angela didn't know very much about the knights here, but this one seemed to be slightly impatient as he tapped his finger against the bar. "'S never ever too late to improve your life, lad. Why, look a' me, an old coot, entering himself into the Squirehood. Absolutely petchin' ridiculous, but I don't regret it," the knight had said, well, the squire. So he wasn't yet a full fledged knight. Angela wondered how much power he still held over her. No matter, she couldn't think of any reason why she would have to worry about him.

"Good evening squire," Angela said pleasently, "How do you fare?"
Fortune Telling :
Should you want a fortune telling, please message me. I suppose having the cards read is a great way to set up future events or even give a direction to where you might want to go.
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Words: 10912
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 12:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Roderick on August 14th, 2013, 10:48 am

The exact reasons for deciding to come out to the Stallion were never clear to anyone, least of all Roderick himself. Most likely he did it to find someone to spend the night with - though not in that way. His cloak kept the breeze away from his flesh, providing some measure of warmth.
Even with his layers of wool and leather covering him he felt a cold finger sliding up his spine, making him shiver, skin prickling. When he reached the door he slipped through the door.

The near constant cluster of patrons made the inside of the Stallion warm, a welcome change from the chill outside the door. Scanning the place quickly he made note of the different faces; he recognized a few of the patrons, and exchanged nods, smiles and murmured greetings with them. His eyes landed on the bar, where a grey-haired man was sitting, a girl to his right, an older man to his left. Despite the hair he knew that the one in the middle was practically a child; he remembered the striped black and white breeches well - then again, who wouldn't?

He strolled quietly over to where they were all sitting, musing over which seat to take, before settling on the one next to the girl. From his gear the man was a Squire, though Roderick imagined a blind child could take better care of it. The fellow had apparently taken a seat and joined in their conversation without any warning. He sat down quietly on his own seat and leaned against the bar.
"Hope you don't mind me joining you?" he said to her quietly, "Good to see you again Sei." he nodded to the Kelvic with a smile.

OOCSorry for taking an age to join in Sei, I kind of forget all about Mizahar - busy with things, y'now? - and then when I went to post yesterday I realized how late it was and decided to get some sleep. Anyway, I'm here now and that's what matters. Also, I've finally figured out how to get improved invisibility on my writing.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Sei turned to the old squire. This squire was really rude. He just sat down and barged right into the he and Angelas' conversation. Sei gave the old squire a once over. Either he was up to something or he had another agenda. I guess. And who might you be?" He asked the squire. Before he had come, Angela played a smile at Sei's good manners. He took a long swig of ale, and set down the mug.

Sei stood up as Roderick entered the conversation. "Of course. Nice to see you again. It's been a while." He said before the squire began to speak again, and extending his hand. "Oh, excuse my bad manners," He began. "This is my new acquaintance, Angela. And Angela, this is my old friend Roderick."

Sei sat down and drank the last of his ale. He called over the bartender and got another refill. "Finally out of the apartment Roderick?" He asked, taking a swig of ale. He looked over a Roderick, observing the usual. "And Angela, where do you come from? Oh wait. Never mind, I don't want everyone," Meaning the old squire. "To know your information. And I'm quite sure you wouldn't like to tell." He realized. He took a swallow of his ale and put down the mug. He hadn't realized how high his ale resistance was, yet he continued to consume them.

Receipt-1sm for Ale
Last edited by Sei Tendo on August 16th, 2013, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 15th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Sei stood up, "Of course. Nice to see you again. It's been a while." he spoke quickly, apparently to keep the Squire from talking, "Oh, excuse my bad manners, this is my new acquaintance, Angela. And Angela, this is my old friend Roderick." Friend? he smiled politely at Angela, nodding to her politely, "Nice to meet you," he told her; hearing that the Kelvic considered him a friend lit a warm fire in his chest - he killed off the beaming smile rising from inside and shaped his lips into a grin instead.

"Finally out of the apartment Roderick?" the Kelvic asked, taking a swig of ale, then turned to the girl, "And Angela, where do you come from?" he said, then quickly added, "Oh wait. Never mind, I don't want everyone to know your information - and I'm quite sure you wouldn't like to tell." Smart move; never tell a stranger where you lay your head at night or they might cut your throat while you're sleeping.

Sei took another swallow of ale, he's drinking that stuff like water.
"Aye, I decided it was time to have a wander around - my ribs are feeling fine now, by the way."
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 16th, 2013, 12:23 am

Jantys grumbled, his normally flighty temper worsened by the lack of ale. Not to mention the kid was apparently irritated by the interruption. He supposed he understood, if he was trying to bed the girl, but apparently he was meeting a friend, so he probably wasn't intending THAT, either. See, this is what I get for trying to dispense my wisdom to younglings. He snorted a little at that. Wise man he wasn't.

The girl seemed pleasant enough, though. Overcoming his sudden preoccupation with muttering foul nothings to himself, he speaks to her as the two young men talked. "Doin' fine, just need a drink, especially today of all days," he says, glancing at the two men just in time to notice the remark. He rolls his eyes; he wasn't a scummy robber, he was a scummy squire, there was a difference. He didn't particularly care if they didn't let him in on the information, anyways, so he just shrugs.

"Don't mind me, lads. An' lass. I'm just here to unwind, yea don't have to be scared a' me." He reaches out unconsciously for a tankard that wasn't there, and grimaces before turning away slightly, towards the bar, to accent his words.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Character sheet

Postby Angela Heartsinger on August 16th, 2013, 6:37 am

Angela felt slightly overwhelmed as the men almost started to beat at their chests. Who could look better in front of everyone? The Squire's and Sei's personalities couldn't clash any harder, and to make it worse they were sitting right next to each other. She then had to chuckle to herself, finding the situation odd and having no other way to react to it. Angela nodded a greeting and smiled as she was introduced to the new fellow, Roderick. As he and Sei carried on conversation, Angela turned back to the Squire who seemed quite grumpy.

"Sir, would you like to have my ale? I have only taken two sips from it and I have discovered that I am not very fond of the drink," she said smiling, scooting her full mug a little his way. She didn't want to give it to Sei, who knows when the drunkenness would set in? And besides, the Squire seemed to have had a long day. Despite his manners, she thought that training to be a Knight would make anyone cross. Maybe being pleasant would help him along.
Fortune Telling :
Should you want a fortune telling, please message me. I suppose having the cards read is a great way to set up future events or even give a direction to where you might want to go.
Angela Heartsinger
The Card Caster

Words: 10912
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 12:10 am
Character sheet

Postby Roderick on August 16th, 2013, 3:16 pm

"Sir, would you like to have my ale? I have only taken two sips from it and I have discovered that I am not very fond of the drink," Awful wordy, isn't she?, the girl smiled and pushed her nearly full mug towards the Squire; better than giving it to Sei, he supposed; at the rate he was downing his ale the end of his night would be spent emptying his belly into the gutter.

Roderick twisted on his stool so he was facing forward; he did his best to hide his scowl as he scratched his chin.
"How've you been keeping, Sei?," he turned his head towards the Kelvic to his attention away from the Squire; if a fight broke out in here the Knight's would get involved, trouble for everyone.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 16th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Sei grinned, and spoke jokingly. "Well, I've gain some weight if you want to wrestle." He said laughing. "I've got to admit. I could've felt better. This is my first time drinking ale, but thanks to our lovely lady over there, my frustrations have past." He said politely, he didn't point to her because that was rude. He turned to Angela with a small smile. "I think some of us need to leave. Our young lady is getting quite nervous. There are to many of us men. I'm sorry if we swamped you miss Angela." He said curtly, downing the rest of his ale and making for the exit.

Sei walked back to the counter and sat back down. "Ale please!" He called to the bartender. As she refilled his cup, Sei grabbed the drink Angela was giving the grizzled squire and downed it. "No need Angela. I'm sure our friend can manage." He said, glaring at the squire as if to say 'Back off.' He then took his own mug and took a long swig of it. "It would be rude to leave you know Angela. I hope you don't mind me staying."

Receipt-1sm for Ale
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 16th, 2013, 7:05 pm

"Well, I've gain some weight if you want to wrestle." Sei joked, and Roderick laughed with him, before the Kelvic added, "I've got to admit. I could've felt better. This is my first drinking ale, but thanks to our lovely lady over there, my frustrations have past."
The hunter quickly ran his eyes over her; Lovely is right, though she's just barely a lady.

Sei turned and gave Angela a little smile, "I think some of us need to leave." he announced to them, "Our young lady is getting quite nervous. There are too many of us men. I'm sorry if we swamped you miss Angela." He downed his drink and made to leave, then suddenly turned about and came back over to them and sat down.

"Ale please!" he called to the bartender. As she refilled his cup, Sei grabbed the tankard that Angela was offering up to the Squire, draining it in great gulps. "No need Angela. I'm sure our friend can manage." the Kelvic glared at the Squire.
Well, that was about as subtle as a Wailer in a church.
Sei set down Angela's tankard and took hold of his own mug, taking a long draw from it, "It would be rude to leave you know Angela." he told the girl,
"I hope you don't mind me staying."
What are you thinking, Sei? Chances are this Squire could land you on your arse without even trying.
From the look of the man's gear though, he seemed more interested in using the order for free food and bedding rather than upholding order. Roderick shifted on his seat, moving his arm behind him casually; his fingers brushed against metal and leather; he knew it reached end to end from one side of his waist to the other. All he had to do was give a little pull and it'd be in his hand.
Bad angle.

Question for JantysIs Jantys carrying his sword, or any other weapon for that matter? Just wondering because that could provide a new dynamic to the situation, given tempers seem ready to flare up and everyone there - except Angela - is able to defend themselves.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 16th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Jantys blinked in pleasant surprise as the ale came before him. It was what he had been hoping for this whole time. He treats the lady to a rare smile. "Thank yea, miss, I haven't had a drink in..." He turns back to his mug, only to notice it's gone. He looks up.

The Kelvic drank it.
The Kelvic drank my bleeding ale.

He almost stands, and it is quite obvious that anger crosses his face. He hadn't had a drink in... How long? Far, FAR too long, you could bet your last petching copper on that (not that he had any of those, either). And some drunken youngling just swipes the opportunity right from under his nose.

A different Jantys would have started swinging without a second thought. But the slight sheen of his begrimed armor makes him pause, and he slowly unclenches his hands. He was a squire, and that meant he had to act his petching age and not get into fights with Kelvics in bars.

He looks up at the Kelvic, and finds him glaring. Jantys didn't have much pride, but what he had left was nettled into distraction. Calm. Calm. Don't get into a fight. His buddy is right there, you'll get your ass kicked. Instead, he says as calmly as possible, speaking practically past his teeth. "I'm thinkin' your friend has had a bit too much t' drink." He couldn't resist some insult, though. "Unless he's naturally a jackass?"

He was vaguely aware that the man's friend was reaching behind his back, which made him believe he had made the right choice by not starting the fight right away. It takes him a moment to remember he has his own weapon; he brought his sword to this fight. Might as well flaunt it. He shoots the Kelvic's friend a glance and drums his fingers on the hilt of his sword, as if to say, don't even try it.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext