Closed [The Cobalt Mountains] That Wasn't My Arrow...Was it? (Sei)

A poorly placed arrow causes an all out brawl.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Cobalt Mountains] That Wasn't My Arrow...Was it? (Sei)

Postby Kaie on August 22nd, 2013, 8:40 pm

The furious Myrian woman raised her hands to form a flat plane to block his kick. The twirl had been broadcasted the moment Kaie noticed his hips beginning to rotate. It had given her enough time to prepare before he rushed in. His kick hit the block dully but her eyes never left her opponent. He was coming in with another straight punch for her torso. And...Was he still talking to her?

The moment his first attack was deflected, Kaie shifted her hands across her body and dutifully smacked his fist away from her. Yet her counter didn't come yet. The Kelvic had already moved on to twist and twirl his elbow into her. Kaie stepped in to drive one hand into his shoulder while the other jammed his elbow down to a halt. Still moving, her hand on his shoulder shot across to side fist the side of his throat. If she accomplished that, she'd then the nape of his neck, forcing his head down. Immediately, she'd bring her knee up to meet downward momentum straight into his face.

"First you're trying to kill me and then you're introducing yourself and dishing out compliments? You must be the dullest Kelvic I've ever met," She growled in return to his mixed messages, all the while continuing by hammering her elbow down over his leaned over body. Aiming for the soft tissue between his shoulder and spine.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 23rd, 2013, 3:00 pm

The woman was swift. She had blocked his attacks, and continued to elbow at the soft skin tissue in his upper back. She was repeatedly elbowing him, and his back stung, and soon after he could taste the blood swelling in his mouth. He tried to spit, and spoke as he rotated his upper body to let her bash her knee. He wiped the blood sliding down his chin and spat. "Me, trying to kill you?! You were hunting me you savage!" He hissed.

Sei moved in and went for a headbutt. "You still haven't answered me! Who the petch are you?" He wheezed. He backed slightly and punched at her side. She has advanced knowledge of physical weak points. And she knows excatly were to hit. He thought. He braced himself for her assualt, and backed away a few steps.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 25th, 2013, 12:19 am

Before she had a chance to counter his words, he distracted her enough in time to succeed in his headbutt. Reacting all too slowly, her forehead smashed off his cheek. Immediately the skin around the area turned red, hinting to the eminent bruise to come. Then he was moving, talking, and then having a go at her side. Recovering just enough to keep herself in the game, Kaie stepped off center while knocking his fist away. Following the path made by his extended arm, the Myrian let her fist rocket up right into his throat. If she succeeded he would temporarily lose his breath.

"You talk too much," The Myrian spat right before using her positional advantage to drive her foot into the side of his knee. She wouldn't give her attacker the knowledge of who she was. Her face was enough. Anything else would have to be earned. Considering he claimed he was going to kill her, Kaie decided he may never know her name. Perhaps when she finished him she would allow him the decency of knowing his killer's title. Until then the battle would rage on. She would remain nameless.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 25th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Sei had hit her cheek while she was distracted, but she avoided his kick, and followed the route of his attack with her fist, making her way to his throat. He stepped back and wheezed, looked up and began to speak hazily. "I'm asking.. because I rather.. Know th.. The names of my opponents.." He continued however. "So if I lose, I can find you and face you again." He said, as he struck his fist to her face around the time she would come for him. "I'm Sei. Who are you?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 26th, 2013, 4:21 am

What a petching persistent bastard the Kelvic was turning out to be. This Sei. He was speaking nonsense to her, really. Sure she did occasionally like knowing the names of the enemy, she definitely didn't begin introductions mid-punch. The Myrian simply couldn't understand it. At least she got him with her strike to the throat.

"If? You lost the moment you challenged me," She growled while knocking his fist outside his body again, countering with a drive right toward his face while he was still wheezing. The heel of her hand went to strike the side of his head where the temple was. While the other hand stayed back as protection, she prepared for the attack to somehow be foiled. As a precaution, Kaie shot her heel at the knee of his lead foot.

"I am who I am. Now focus. I wouldn't want you to drop so easily."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 26th, 2013, 11:59 am

Sei had never fought some one of this caliber, and was enjoying this match immensely. By now, he knew he couldn't win, but there was something else bothering him. Although hehad been similing with satisfaction throughout the fight, the woman had claimed she he was the attacker. And he argument was very convicing, and somehow her words felt true. Sei mustered enough strength to catch her fist. "I'm focused. But somethings bothering me. You tried to hunt me, so why do I feel like I'm just sparing with a strong opponent?" He huffed quizzically. He took a deep breath and focused his strength into the hand holding her fist. His grip grew tighter, and his eyes grew fierce. He took a step forward, pushing back the womans arm. "I feel like this is a mistake. This whole time we've been fighting for nothing." He said pleasantly, his frown slipped to a smile, and his green, catlike eyes turned playful, and he released his grip on her fist.

"You think I attacked you, and I think you attacked me. It's simple really. When you aimed for the deer, it was already dead, and I was dragging it to a safe place to eat," Sei began happily. "You nicked my face, and I thought you were looking at me, when you were actually looking at for the deer. When I attacked you, we were both under a misunderstanding!" He explained, bring his fist down on his open hand, as the truth unraveled in his mind. He clapped his hands together and bowed. "I've been so disrespectful to you this whole time! I'm sorry!" He said frantically. "Please excuse my manners," He began. "And thanks for the great fight." He said, standing straight up, and extending his hand to the woman.

"Please allow me to try again. My name is Sei. Can I get your name?" He asked nervously.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 27th, 2013, 3:01 am

Talking. Always talking. It was like no matter how much she insulted his intelligence or his skill, he never focused. Just began rattling off meaningless words and demanding things he did not deserve from her. So even as he spoke to her then (speaking his thoughts aloud was more like it) she ignored them. They meant nothing to her. Actions were far louder and that was where all of her focus was. Worried only about where her next blow would land.

Then he did something that caused her to pay more attention. He caught her fist, completely holding it without making an attempt to counter. Instead he simply held it tightly, silently letting her know what he was about to say was urgent. That whether she wanted to listen or not, she would have to.

Oh sonowhe decides my story is true? Perfect. But who said it was all over?

"Ah, so nice to meet you, Sei. The name's Kaie," She said warmly, flashing pearly white teeth to the Kelvic to appear friendly. Coming closer as if she might hug it out or even touch him in more sensuous ways, Kaie's smile widened as she took his hand in hers and pulled herself in. That's when she dug her fist straight into the base of his stomach with sufficient force. A dirty trick but one she bet he wouldn't see coming.

"That's for everything earlier," She explained with a sadistic smirk, stepping away and letting him go to deal with the pain how he wished. When they were two paces away she folded her arms and watched him. Waiting for his reaction.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 11:41 am

"Nice to meet you." Sei said kindly, ignoring the punch to his stomach. He looked at her in awe. Kaie was the sparing partner of his dreams, and he wanted to be able to face her again. "I have a request. I know it's rude when I attacked you, but," He began. "Would it be okay if I could spar with you again? Or perhaps hou could teach me?" He asked. He rubbed his stomach, knowing that he'd have a bruise in the morning, and looked desperately into her eyes.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on August 27th, 2013, 8:17 pm

The Myrian woman watched him carefully. Eyed him a few times as she considered his request. Teach him? Kaie narrowed her eyes at him in an almost hostile manner. What sense would it make to teach someone skills in battle who was just threatening to kill her. Just because he saw the light of reason didn't mean she didn't still see him as the enemy in some way. Yet he was a Kelvic and she had known a thing or two about them. Perhaps a lesson could prove beneficial.

"Fair enough. You did take my prey though. If you want pointers you need to earn them. Teach me the way you hunt and maybe we can work something out," She offered her ultimatum calmly with a bit more professionalism. Hostility was gone and replaced by neutrality. Waiting to hear his reply.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 8:47 pm

"Hmm..." Sei thought about this for a moment. It sounded fair. Lessons in exchange for lessons. "Well.. Okay. I'll teach you my way of hunting. But before I do, why do you want to know my way? I'm only asking because I usually hunt in my animal form." He asked quizzically. It was strange to learn how an animal hunts to him, because he couldn't communicate with her once transformed. It couldn't hurt to try though. He then turned to walk away. He didn't understand why Kaie would hunt like an animal, but either way had benefits for him as well.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext