Closed [Sullin's Residence]Enchanting Sticks[Amelia Cross]

Clyde assisted by Amelia Magecrafts a Staff

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Sullin's Residence]Enchanting Sticks[Amelia Cross]

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 26th, 2013, 1:26 am

What was Auristics? Clyde looked back at her, a bit puzzled why she would ask that now, as it had nothing to do with Magecrafting. At least, directly. It was a good tool for a experienced Magecrafter, but since she had him directing her in the process, she did not need to directly be able to do it.

"I can't really answer that, since I would see an objects aura, in a different way than you would. It simply is a magic that lets you see an object or persons aura, which can be used in various ways... To sense it as if you were doing so with your own senses, without using those senses... To tell things about the thing, to more easily notice and detect magic... Many different uses, all dependent on the mage doing it. Auristics is all about interpretation, and trying to understand the aura of something. Or someone. The longer you focus on the one aura, the better you understand it."

Clyde paused for a moment, thinking about what he had just said, and darting his eyes back, thinking about the staff. He wondered how Amelia would sense the aura of the staff. Differently? Or similarly... But before he could continue onward, and break from his line of thought, Amelia was asking yet another question. One Clyde had said he would answer earlier, but had not yet had a chance to, because he had been answering other questions of Amelia.

Finally having collected what he needed, he had picked up a pair of clamps, a spool of wire, a another pouch of powder, similar to the earlier used one.

"No, it won't take on one of the 5 enchantments, or perhaps it does, and I am simply unsure of which one... Certainly not magic or gnosis or intelligence... Which leaves structural or behavioral... But at the same time, I would not really consider it either of those, it is more an exception to the rule, a special "branch" of Magecrafting of its own."

Clyde grinned slightly as he said branch, at his own play on words, since this staff, and likely many others, were made of wood, and often branches of wood.

Heading back to the pedestal, he handed Amelia the powder, and set the wire down on the edge of the pedestal. Then he lifted up each end of the staff in turn, applying the clamps to it, first one end, then the other. He tightened them down a bit with a few turns, so that the staff would not tumble out, or slip loose.

"So, how it works is thus. And mind you, this is my own theory on how it works, I am not completely certain... But then, my theories often don't fall to far from the truth, so likely it is true, or close enough to it. Anyways, do you know of d-wire?"

Clyde paused for a moment, shrugged, predicting that Amelia would not have heard of it, and then continued on to explain what it was to her.

"D-wire is a unrelated magic, not created via Magecrafting, instead via higher level Glyphing. It is specially created to make it very very good at transporting djed and magic across it. A magical effect or djed goes in one end, and then flows along the wire and out the other. Simple enough, yes?"

"Now, my theory is that by this process of Magecrafting, we are actually imbibing the magic carrying and holding abilities of the d-wire, into the staff itself, making it a powerful and strong conduit of magic. And perhaps more later on. Of course, this is not all it does, but by some mechanism of the Magecrafting, it turns into a actual Magic Staff by definition."

Clyde motioned for her to return with the bag of powder, this one full of a very fine mineral powder, and would take out a pinch when she same over, and begin to rub it all over the staff.

"Help me coat this entire thing, and then we can go on to the next step. Adding the wire."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on August 28th, 2013, 9:04 pm

From the explanation that Clyde gave, Amelia didn’t seem to understand Auristics any more than she did before, it only did as much as confuse her more and seem to make her pile a question over question in her head. For one thing, she still didn’t understand what an aura was as a whole, and it seemed like Clyde thought that she did, making her think it was an easy enough and basic thing she didn’t quite know and had missed out on. Making her wonder, did she really want to go through the embarrassment of asking him? Probably not, and if it was really something that was more about interpretation and individual understanding of things…than it might be better left off for a less important and work-heavy lesson, if one like that ever came up. ”I should start keeping a journal of things I should ask him”

Like a curios child Amelia tilted her head a bit as she looked at the items Clyde had picked up, the pouch must have been some more powder so it didn’t cause confusion, since they used a hammer the day before and Clyde used one just now…the fact he had picked up some clamps weren’t worth that much of a surprise either. The wire, well, a tool is a tool in any form, shape and size. But what confused her was the combination of the tools as a whole.

She toke the pouch of powder and followed Clyde closer to the pedestal where the staff laid, recalling his last words ”Branch? Was that supposed to be a joke?” The girl couldn’t help but wonder, frowning a bit more with each guess. She didn’t think of him as someone who would joke around without a reason, and it didn’t seem to be funny anyway, maybe it was just a coincidental play of words she gave too much credit to? One way or the other, she clearly gave it too much thought and decided to drop it off before she would spend all of her time on it.

Amelia would have preferred to hear ‘this is how it works, I’m certain of it’, knowing how risky this form of magic is, those words would have made her a bit calmer at hearth. But he appeared confident in his own theories, even a bit too confident if you would ask her. Above all, with her own set of knowledge she had no right to question his, she could only trust in him.

She had just parted her own lips to ask what exactly a d-wire was since she had no clue about it, but he had started describing it away before she had the chance to let her own question out. It was probably better that way. It somehow felt like she had been a bit too bothersome with questions, even if she knew questions where the best way to learn…it felt like sometimes it was lazy to ask about everything that was unclear.

Clyde explained his understanding, if you can call it that, of how the process worked and it seemed to be relatively clear. Even if it didn’t give her any huge insight on the knowledge, it gave her enough to understand. The girl approached him with the pouch, looking under her feet and where she placed each and every little step she made, what wasn’t exactly a lot since she hadn’t been standing that far from him.

She slipped her pale hand into the pouch and toke some of the crashed mineral. At first she looked at how Clyde did it, to see just how thickly he coated the staff and then she joined it, she was once more gentle with the way she applied the powder. It wasn’t like she was afraid to break the staff this time, this just felt more right to the girl than pounding the mineral in it. She glanced back and forth from Clyde’s hands and the way he covered the staff and she tried mimicking his hand movements, what wasn't really the best idea she might have gotten and was probably one of the most useless in the given setting...but it got the job done. The girl did her best to not miss any spots, to coat the staff evenly and not get in the way of her mentor while she was doing it.

Soon enough, they where ready for the next step.

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on September 2nd, 2013, 1:22 am

Clyde smiled back at Amelia for a moment, before continuing onward, slowly rubbing the mineral powder into the surface of the staff. A visible coating of it was left behind, it would take the next step of the process for the powder to vanish and for the staff to actually imbibe the powder.

"Mind you, that is simply my theory upon why it does it, or how it works. The actual process itself it more or less straightforward, and I know it well enough. In the same way that I know two plus two equals four, you see? But the theoretical aspect of it, the mechanism for how, that is always good to theorize and ponder on. That is what my theory is for, the mechanism, not the actual steps."

It took several chimes to coat the entire surface of the staff in the powder, and when it was done Clyde placed one more dab on, and motioned for Amelia to set aside the powder, picking up the coil of wire and handing it to Amelia, slowly unraveling a end and pulling it loose.

"Just keep unraveling it as I go, and I will wrap it all around the staff. That is probably the fastest way to do it."

Clyde took a few turns of the wire off the coil, went over to the staff, and then began to coil it around it snake fashion, slowly going along its length, not to tight or else he would need to lift the staff and take it from Amelia and pass the coil underneath. He would wait till the end to totally tighten it, instead letting it slowly shift around as he pulled and wound it around. This bit would take even longer than applying the powder.

"These clamps see are specially made, and they keep the magic from getting out were you don't want, for the later process. The last thing we want is a spell shooting out at random from the staff in the final step of making it a Magic Staff. These will make sure it won't. Then we apply the powder, and wrap it as we are in the d-wire. Then, we each take an end of the staff, and flow our magic out of ourselves or our hands, into the d-wire and the staff, channeling it into and through it. That will activate the process, and make the staff imbibe the powder while pressed against the d-wire, which gives it I believe the magic carrying properties special to a true Magic Staff."

Clyde continued on in silence for awhile, letting Amelia feed him the wire, slowly winding it around the staff, until it was ringed in d-wire for its entire length. He went over to one end, the top of the staff, and put his hands on it.

"Alright, so the last step is this, we both need to cast a spell, a personal magic spell. Different types. Since you only know Reimancy, it will need to be that for you, and I will do the other magic. Probably Auristics. Just imagine like the d-wire and the staff was your arm, and when you exude your res, flow it into it and down it, and then send and transmute the spell out of its surface on your end. I will do likewise."

Clyde rested his hand on the top of the staff, leaving the bottom end for Amelia, and took in a deep breath, letting her start first.

"Just a steady flow, several small spells. Keep going till none of the powder is visible, and it has all been imbibed by the staff."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on September 6th, 2013, 6:33 pm

The girl had no need to look up at Clyde as he spoke, she listened, but her eyes were down on the staff. Amelia made sure to apply her thin layers precisely, one after the other, lightly building up the coating until the one on her side of the staff was the same as the one on Clyde’s. Once done, she closed up the pouch of powder and put it aside.

She accepted the wire without any question, the instructions where simple to follow and so was her task, so she had nothing to clear out there. She just unbundled the wire more and more. Her hold on it was light and quite easy and she hopped it would prevent her hands from growing tiered. Amelia couldn’t really complain as soon enough it was one more task she was performing on auto-pilot, if that could be the appropriate term to use. Since the laboratory had no windows, it was hard to follow how much time they had spent on this part, or the previous one, but Amelia’s fingers were growing to be a bit stiff. The girl used any little moment she could find to stretch out one or the other hand, cracking out the joints of her fingers. It wasn’t the most pleasant sensation, and the sound wasn’t pleasant to ear, but she really needed that.

Once the last bit of the staff was wrapped in the wire, Amelia rubbed her fingers together and looked at the curiously, much like a child she had a little frown. Her fingertips had gone a bit sore from the wire, but she didn’t complain, sure that it would go away in a short notice.

Amelia bit her lip, she could understand the basic idea of the next task, but she was unsure about the way her water reimancy would react to the staff. Would the powder wash off? Would she even be able to turn her res to water? She toke a few small steps to the opposite side of Clyde, placing her small, pale palms on the staff. ”Maybe…It should just be small little layers of res? No water?” the girl began thinking as she closed her eyes and tried to calm her breath before she tried to direct her res anywhere. A breath in through the nose, out through the mouth, she repeated this a few times, following how the air went through her body.

The first step, the first spell. That was the hardest, her eyes were kept closed and she did her best to avoid any distractions from the side. She could feel her res inside of her body, but directing it through her body and in the staff was not easy. The struggle and difficulty of the task for her was clear on her face, the way her usually calm features were tensed seemed to be even unnatural. But eventually, she did manage to guide the res inside the staff. But it didn’t make things easier, she extended her left leg backwards and with a slow dragging motion toward herself, the grey-blue colored substance that was her res soaked out from the surface of the staff. She spread the little amount of extracted res into a thin layer around the staff.

Amelia repeated it again, coating the staff at her end with another layer, and another one….but she was not finding the task to get any less tiring or easier than before. She opened her eyes to see if the powder had grown any less visible, no luck there. But she kept going, not wanting to disappoint Clyde, or gods forbid, cause any errors in the crafting and potentially lose her life.

This might as well be a task worth a few bells…

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on September 6th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Once Amelia started, Clyde set upon his own magics. But on a whim, he decided not to do Auristics through the staff. After all, he had done that last time, and knew it well. Better to try a new magic through it. He thought on this for a bit, before deciding what would be better than shielding?

He was unsure if the magics one flowed through the staff affected it at all, or if it simply acted as a catalyzing mechanism to activate the powder through the wire and imbue both into the staff. He was also unsure why the magics needed to be of different types, but surely there was a reason there to. Perhaps to much overlap, or not enough differing djed's to do the needed changes?

As always when sheilding, Clyde's first task was to meditate, to calm himself and close his eyes, one hand on the staff, taking in a slow breath and letting it out...

He breathed in, feeling the senses, and breathed out, imagining the sensations and sounds and light to be exiting his body. He pictured this, and each time he exhaled he continued to do so, picturing the unneeded thoughts flowing out of him like a toxin, feeling the unneeded senses flowing out and closing off. He imagined it, and kept it up, till it became reality.

After awhile of this, of breathing and imaging flowing the unwanted things out, he felt a bit looser... A bit... More concise. Perhaps it was just his imagination, but the sound of Amelia breathing next to him was quieter and less invading. The image behind his eyelids of the light of the torches, seemed dimmer... His mind seemed more empty, edited, not distracted by random thoughts. Perhaps it had finally worked? Or not, it was hard to say. Perhaps it was just in his mind. But then, that was the whole point of meditation wasn't it?

Done with that, Clyde began to feel out with his djed, feel out through the staff, imagining them fused together, like the staff was a growth combined with himself at the palm, one being together. Just like that he imagined his djed flowing up out of his chest, down his arm, and into the length of the staff, or at least his end. He took another deep calming breath, and as he exhaled, he felt the shielding djed puff out a bit from the tip of the staff.

On each exhale another puff of gaseous djed for shielding would emit out of the staff, floating just above its surface. Similar in color to his res, but differing in consistency and intent. For it was not res. After awhile, there was a thin cloud of the shielding djed along the surface of the staff on his end.

Now was the hard part, enforcing the shield, tasking it, letting it press up against the staff as his magic was done, so that the creation of the shield would act as a further mechanism of the infusion process for the staff with the powders and through the wire.

He focused on blocking, on keeping out, on shielding the staff from djed not his own, on what he wanted. He pictured in his mind the gaseous shielding djed hardening, becoming more solid and condensing until it was a paper thin layer across the staff's surface. He pictured it warding off attacks, magic balls of djed flying at it, only to bounce off with a thrum echoing through the shield.

After awhile, it seemed to be a bit thinner, a bit less gas, a bit less visible. At least to Clyde. Even from the start if Amelia looked she would see nothing, for shields were only visible to other shielders, and at that ones of a ability comparable or greater than the shield they looked upon.

Finally, he saw it harden into a cocoon of djed encasing the end of the staff as he opened his eyes, his half of the staff, visible as a silvery layer all over its surface. As he looked deeper, he saw the powder was gone, perhaps had been gone for a bit now. Looking over at Amelia's end, it was also gone.

Clyde let out a sigh, and took a few paces back from the staff...

"Alright, good, that bit is done, and the step to make it a actual Magic Staff is completed. We will continue to work on making it more durable tomorrow. I will leave the wires on until then, but our first task then will be to take them off, and remove the clamps. But let it sit overnight."

With that, Clyde would tuck away a few of the tools, and head for bed, exhausted after there work.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on September 13th, 2013, 6:42 pm

She didn’t look over to see what the magic discipline chosen was and how it was done, or how he was doing as a whole. She was afraid that it would cause too much distraction for her and so, she would lose control over her res, or knowing her, be disappointed in herself and how potentially horrible she was at the job compared to Clyde. So instead, she just kept her attention pin pointed to the staff.

Her eyes closed, she toke a steady breath in through her nose and slowly let it out through the mouth, again and again. Her thoughts followed the flow of air through her, the way her res moved through her body and how she guided it through her arms, to the hands and into the staff. Left leg stretching out a bit, and as it was slowly pulled back to her, the grey-blue colored res soaking outwards in a chaotic mess until Amelia’s hands tensed and the misty substance gained some structure, following the shape of the staff at her end it spread out in a thin, solid layer, once more, and then again, and again. Until she felt like there was enough layers coated on one and other and she let the staff suck in the res like a dry patch of land would absorb water. Pulling it back through the staff, her fingertips, arms and into her own core until she pushed it back. Somehow the pattern reminded her of how water moved back and forth, back and forth.

There was no time to follow just how much time was spent on the staff, or just how many times had she pushed her own res back and forth through the staff. But one thing was clear, she had finally understood what it meant, to see with your res. Her eyes were closed, but she could feel and follow everything. And while it was just because she had spent so much time on this task and would probably lose this skill as soon as she wouldn’t use her res for a few days, it was still a realization worth noting.

In silence the job continued, and while Amelia had a good sense of her res by now, she couldn’t really tell had the powder vanished or not. She kept working, relaying on her mentor to be the one to give out a sign that the job was done. The pattern repeated itself, and then the task moved along steadily. The girl however was tiered, the simple task was hard to keep at for this long and she couldn’t pull back all of her res, leaving quite some bits of it to perish…seemingly draining the girl of energy. But despite her weakness, she was handling the part quite well, and her concentration broke only when she heard a noise.

The noise, was none other than Clyde’s steps. The noise in between the silence of the room was like a shot of lighting and it instantly made Amelia open her eyes and look up at the man. Her concentration on the res broke and she could hardly manage to regain some power over it to just absorb some of it back into her body. She had no idea just how much time was spent on making the staff a ‘magic staff’, but she knew one, the job was done even on her end.

She pulled her hands away, stepped back from the staff and once Clyde was done with his last words for the evening, Amelia bowed her head ”goodnight” and walked to the room that she was offered to use while here. She wasn’t sure what time it was, but it didn’t matter, as she just barely found the strength in herself to get in bed and fall asleep.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 22nd, 2013, 8:26 pm

18 Summer 513

Day 5 of MCing

Clyde woke with an ache in his body, particularly his arms. He was not the greatest at shielding, and his arms were sore from holding them up for so long as he did his work, and then the sudden stopping when they had finished and gone to bed. It had not been overly consuming of djed, but physically the task was arduous. Then again, perhaps he had just slept wrong...

Though considering how nice the beds were, he doubted it was to blame. Of all the facilities of the house, beds were the one thing he had spent the extra miza on. His arms were stiff, and took several chimes of massaging and warming up to get them moving properly. At least today would be simple enough, after the day before.

He headed out to the lab, his room opening up directly into it, just like the spare room Amelia was using. First things first, he needed to inspect the staff, which meant delving into its aura once more. He knew some other lesser mages who did not know auristics and used fancy glasses and items specifically made to show an items aura during Magecrafting. But this could never compare to what could be done when examining it with Auristics. He had already shown Amelia Reimancy and Glyphing, and by helping now she was learning Magecrafting, but he supposed if she was to be helpful in that, he would need to teach her to use Auristics. But that was for another time.

He headed over to the staff in the middle of the room, the single stone pedestal raising it up from the floor, the clamps still applied to it. He headed over and gingerly took it out of these, and laid it back to rest on the pedestal directly. They had to come off so the wire could be unwound.

He opened his aura vision, feeding djed into his eyes. Concentrating on it, he passed his hands one over the other in a circular manner, one going clockwise, the other counterclockwise, sort of like he was rubbing something in the air. It was a simple enough gesture, and helped him focus so as to better fall into his Auristics.

Soon enough, the staff bloomed with color, thrumming with a deep blue that he could feel in his fingers like a light vibration, could hear in his ears like a low hum. With a shift of perspective, and moving his hands to do the movements a few inches higher, the aura moved in his perception, hovering over the staff a foot. As before it was blue, but differently blue.

He dived into the river of colored djed, and shunted its paths apart, focusing on the different aspects. He passed aside the blue of the staff, the light blue of the magic imbued in the crafting, and on to the glimmer of light within, the bright shiny silver flowing down it. But now there was a second color, swirling snake like around his own bright silver, a odd hue... The best he could describe it was as a purplish grey, sort of dulled in color, but with a sheen to it. It was like a trail worming its way through his own bright silver, a fine filigree throughout it.

He could see the magic thrumming within the staff, pulsing, fluid, alive, not yet made firm. He watched this for a chime or so, deciding how best to balance it later, where to add djed in to keep it all together, and going on the right pathway.

That done, Clyde opened his physical eyes, stopped moving his hands, and closed off the flow of djed. He took in a deep breath, and slowly let it out.

Clyde would gingerly pick up one end of the staff. Since Amelia had not come out yet, he assumed she was still tired from the magics of the day before.

"Alright, first things first, I need to take off the wire. One end at a time, best to try and keep at least part of the staff in contact with the pedestal, though it is not strictly necessary."

Sometimes Clyde felt it was useful to speak out loud his plans, before doing them. Considering all he was working on, the powerful enchanting, best to not take any chances.

Clyde began unwinding the wire, slowly coiling it up. After its usage in the enchanting, he doubted the wire would be good for much of anything, but he still needed to wind it up, which took a decent bit of chimes.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 3rd, 2013, 7:12 am

Once Clyde was done winding up the d-wire from around the staff, he slowly slid the tip of his index finger down the surface of the wood. In part, this was to check for any leftover residue, which might show the integration of the powder had not worked totally, or correctly. But as he lifted up his finger, he saw it was just as clean, nothing had rubbed off.

This was also simply part of Clyde's style, part of his instinctual way of Magecrafting. He felt like he should be in contact with it, should feel it, or else how could he know it? Sometime he felt like the object itself was guiding him, telling him how to affect it properly. And other times... Other times he just felt like he was making stuff up on the spot, and hoping it worked... But this time, this time it was the first, and he could almost swear there was the audible whisper of the staff, speaking just out of earshot.

Clyde closed his eyes for a moment, running his memory back through to a few chimes ago, checking on the djed structure, refreshing himself as to how to interact with the objects pathways, how to shift the direction of the altering of its soul, so that it would all go properly.

Heading over to the lab table, he picked up a hammer, and a small rock like object, which might actually be a rock. Or a stone. Or it might just be something pretending to be a rock, or that physically resembled the state of being of a rock. For that matter, what was the difference between a rock and a stone? Or were they the same, just different words for the same thing?

Clyde moved the rock/stone to just to the left of the far right end of the staff, and hovered the hammer over it. He took a few moments, slowly shifting the hammer this way and that, changing the angle by which the hammer would hit the rock, till it felt right. Then he pulled the hammer back to behind his head, hefted it like he was going to strike a man dead, slung it forward aimed right at the stone, only to stop it before it made it, pulling back on the swing. By the time the hammer reached the stone, it was barely moving, and he only lightly tapped the ingredient. As the hammer tapped it, Clyde could feel a loud harmonic peal of sound, as if the staff was actually a giant tuning fork, and he had struck it. Only, it was not vibrating.

The sound was only in his djed awareness, only in his minds perception of the changes occurring to the djed, the way he interpreted it. He once more wondered what someone without Auristical sight would be experiencing right now, and wondered how any Magecrafter managed to do Magecrafting, without knowing Auristics... Which apparently was a somewhat common thing. But not him, not how he had been taught or taught others.

How else could he tell that his next blow needed to go 2 inches to the left of the middle of the staff? He only knew because he had detected a slight off pitch in the harmonic peal, which had been centered in that locale. As the djed had rebounded along and off the object, it had bounced back and grazed his own soul, contacting his aura, and the two had communicated.

Or perhaps he was just overly tired from not enough sleep, and to much work...

Nah, he assured himself, he was hearing his soul talking to the soul of the staff that was being changed and distorted by his hand. Or whatever the Auristical equivalent of that was.

As he looked down towards the stone/rock, he noticed it was gone. He was not entirely sure when that had happened. He had not even noticed as it occurred. But at some point since him striking it, the rock had gone, been absorbed or diffused or injected. He could also hear a small hum coming from the hammer he was still holding. It was still somewhat charged. Clyde held up the hammer over the spot were he had noted the niche in the reverberations, that spot two inches left of the middle of the staff. He armed himself with the hammer, held high, preparing for a harsh blow, finally swinging it downward at the staff... Only to pull back on the momentum, and finally make contact with the correct spot of the staff with the lightest of taps. It was not force after all that was important, in the injection of the djed. No, it was intent, and precision, and conviction. Possibly scratching the last one. But better safe than sorry, so he would make sure he was convicted, and hope and know that it would rub off on the staff.

Clyde opened his eyes once more, to realize he had dropped the hammer. He was not sure how long he had been standing there, just listening to the sound of the staff, to the shifting sliding waves of djed as the staffs soul was slowly restructured. The sound was glorious.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 3rd, 2013, 7:55 am

21 Summer 513

Day 8 of MCing

Clyde had been working steadily for the past 2 days, working on enhancing the staffs durability. It had not been particularly hard, just tedious, as it became increasingly difficult to shove more djed into the construct that was the staff. He was just glad that by the nature of its Izentor crafting, it was sturdier than a normal such staff, and pretty hardy, as it meant it was less likely to mess up or break down... He hoped it also meant it was less likely to explode.

Not that such an issue had arisen, the entire thing had become quite regular, methodical, and repetitive. But he had found it affecting his thoughts and speech, in that he would sometimes use multiple words to define one thing, object, or idea, even when a single one would suffice.

He would get up, check the Glyphs, closing off a few and adding another, inspect the staff's aura, add some more djed to it with the hammers, spend a bell listening to the staff's aura for any peaks or instabilities in the addition process, and occasionally add some more in. He would take only the occasional break to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, or blow his nose. Then he would inspect the aura again, before turning in for the night, the day spent in this circuitous, circular, and repeated manner.

However today when he had got up, he noticed a different kind of shimmer in the aura, could hear it upon the air. It was the sound of a full belly, sated. It gave him the feeling of having just eaten a large meal, even though he had little time for eating of late.

It was a day before he expected it, but it appeared that his staff's next and final step was complete, the second enhancement to durability done. Now he just needed to solidify it. Everything was flowing in the right direction, expanding correctly, so it should all work. Though perhaps he was a day ahead of schedule, since he had not been totally alone, and Amelia had assisted him. Or perhaps his sleep cycle was just off, and he had been putting in to many bells of work.

Shaking his head, Clyde recalled he needed to cool down the item. And to do that, he needed to prep his cooling basin. or charging basin, as it was technically called. He thought this was a bit of a odd name, since what the waters did was cool down the object... But then he recalled the purpose of the basin itself was to charge the waters with the ability to cool down the Magecrafting process.

Clyde once more took out his Glyphing tools, some inscribing paint, and drew in a Glyph in the bottom that needed to be refreshed. It needed to be filled back out, the paint having chipped and flaked off after its last usage. But the outline of it was still etched into the bottom of the basin.

He took out a small pinch of the mineral powder, and rubbed it across the Glyph, till it began to soak into the substance of the etching and paint. He brought it over to next to the pedestal, and then dragged the barrel of water that was half full after it. Slowly he tipped it over, over the edge of the basin, letting the water run out of the barrel and into the basin. He let it fill up till the waters were just 2 inches below the rim, and then stopped. The last few drips trickled down the side of the barrel to end up on the ground.

He quickly dragged the barrel back to its spot, and then moved to the inscribing paint. He quickly painted on a focus on his palms, and another on his forehead, all in the shape of a circle with lines radiating outward from it. He opened his djed vision, closing his real eyes, and willed his djed into his forehead focus, collecting it there. After a few moments he shunted it from that spot where it had collected, and shoved it into his eyes.

Before him lay the bright line across the pedestal, that was the staff. He could feel a tingle as its presence pressed against his own, as he was standing so close. He knew if he did not solidify the magics, they would never work properly, and might grow in dangerous directions. No, he had to do it now, while it was all still stable. Around the pedestal, inside of his Glyphing, he could see a series of smaller twinkling lights. It took him a moment to realize what this was. They were the various focus which acted as djed traps, which surrounded the Glyphing. The tiny spots of light twinkled with varying brightness and intensity, but he soon broke his attention back to that of the staff, and the basin of water.

Whereas water was normally weak Auristically, this water was... Odd... The best term he could think of to describe it was... Scented. It looked scented. Which admittedly made little sense. But the brightness or dimness over the water had not perceptibly changed, only its scent its... Sound... Those had changed. Instead of letting off a sloshing sound, they let of a low hum, hmmmmm.....

Gingerly, Clyde picked up the staff, and took it off the pedestal. He turned a few inches, bending at the waist, a few more, and then slowly lowered it into the waters of the basin that would solidify the enchantment and make it all permanent. As the staff struck the surface of the water, it began to slowly bubble and froth, like he had dropped a red hot rod of steel into the waters. The staff was hot in one sense, but not that of heat. It was hot in a magical sense. And now it was time for it to cool down, to congeal, and solidify into a permanent shape.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 3rd, 2013, 8:11 am

22 Summer 513

Day 9 of MCing

Clyde arose on this, the final day of his crafting, to check on his staff. As he went out, it was still sitting in the basin, dormant. Asleep. But as he bent down to get a closer look, he felt a tingle on his skin. He could feel the power of the item. After a few moments he became accustomed to it, and was able to pass onward.

The hum of the water was gone. It was warm, stagnant, spent. It was a one time use mechanism, and would need to be recharged before the next use. But for now, the staff just lay at the bottom, so utterly magical Clyde could almost not believe it. It was one of the highest level creations he had made, the same level as the last one himself and Hadrian had done working together.

However he had been in charge of this one, he had been the boss, and it was his creation, his child, in the magical sense. His traces of djed would be forever ingrained into the staff, his particular method and structure, which hopefully would last forever.

Clyde carefully reached in, and pulled the staff out. It still felt like wood, or so he thought as the water slowly beaded and ran off of it. However, being in contact with it, it was somehow... Different... He could not describe how. He flicked the last droplets off, and then headed back towards the pedestal, towards his Glyphs. It would be far easier to inspect it there.

He laid it back down, back on his main focus, back on its mechanism. With that blocking out outside distractions and auras, and the leftover focus on his forehead, it was quite easy to acquire the aura of the newly solidified staff.

As his djed vision flowed over his sight, he looked downward at the staff. Where before it had been a thriving flickering star, vibrant and glowing, now it was a solid sheet of light, filled to the brim equally and across it. It still glowed, but with a uniformity that had been missing before. The light was a solid silver. Where before when looking at the staff, he had seen a river of djed, of light, now he saw a block of solid ice. It was like the river had been frozen in its tracks, and then something had come in and leveled it off so it was all perfect, symmetrical, and equal. There was no leftover rapids or currents, it could have stood like this, resolute, for all time. And after all the enhancements done to it, tied in with its base form, it probably could almost do so. It would likely outlast him, a everlasting mark that he had existed and made his mark on the world.

For a moment, he understood what Areesa Tallshade must have felt, with her items incapable of being destroyed, afraid of misuse. For a moment, Clyde considered destroying it, but this thought quickly passed. This staff was good, but it was no Tallshade creation, no object or creation that would tip the scales of a war or battle. By comparison, it was a mundane and decrepit twig picked off a forest floor.

But still, what a twig! He only wished he could keep it, that he did not need to sell it, to finance his next greater creation.But alas, the money it would earn him would allow him to make his own staff, and that one would be even greater than this one.

OOC: So, that marks the end, the item is now done. It should be as follows:
-1 Izentor crafted Vian Wood Staff-4'1" tall(MC 3 +2 Durability, +1 Magic Staff)

I have already deducted the 3,000 gm expense for making this, from my ledger, and will replace the old base staff, with this MCed one, once the grade is in.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext