Closed [Rearing Stallion] I'm Bloodied, Not Broken! (Kylar Grey)

Vulnerable from battle, Kaie seeks the help of a more competent healer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] I'm Bloodied, Not Broken! (Kylar Grey)

Postby Kaie on August 14th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Timestamp: 7th of Summer, 513AV

Worst idea..Ever...

Kaie shifted her weight onto her better foot, fighting to keep a grimace from crossing her face. It was exhausting enough not to scowl. Why would she think for a moment that agreeing to work this day was remotely okay? She was working as a sellsword only hours before. Hadn't she known there was a possibility of her falling wounded? A possibility of never returning at all? Maybe it was her pride that kept her from being realistic. Kaie was too confident, too devout to the sacrifice that was required for Myri. She was her Goddess Queen and Kaie was her sword. By right she had to draw lesser blood in her name. Besides, they had done the knights a favor. The way they finished off those slavers? They should be in their debt, even if the slaves were never freedom. The latter detail not a fault of theirs rather than their employer's mad dog.

Nonetheless here she was. Standing behind the counter like any other night pretending that all was well. Lucky for her, it was a slow night. She doubted her employers at the Rearing Stallion paid her much mind. All they cared about was whether or not she did her job effectively. Kaie was confident she could do that much. She hoped that her favoring of her left leg, rigid moving, and slice across her cheek would pass as nothing more than a bad round at the Fighting Pit.

All she focused on was being inconspicuous, even if she was failing miserably at it. Instead she just filled the mugs when a patron finally approached the counter. Most of the time she just handed the ale off to the barmaid to cart over. No one approached the bar counter. Not yet anyways. Feeling the uneasiness of tired muscles and bandages shifting against her torso, Kaie was thankful for that.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kylar Grey on August 21st, 2013, 12:53 am

Kylar has never been a morning person and so far it seems he will never be one - but he contiously finds himself waking up in the hours just before dawn – and given the option to talk about it, the doctor has no apparent problems with his daily life. He stared blankly at the ceiling as he tried to wrangle in his energy. He tried all the various positions one can take in a bed, albiet not trying each one too long. With a long and drawn out sigh Kylar finally sat up and attempted to rub the sleep from his eyes. He cracked his neck from side to side, rolled his shoulders and cracked his fingers before getting out of bed and throwing on a pair of trousers, his only pair of trousers. He clicked his tongue and silently thought, Ugh... When will I go out and get a new wardrobe..? but his thoughts were quickly interrupted as he dropped to the floor without hesitation.

Instead of staying on the floor however, he quickly settled into his routine of continous push-ups. He was barely conscious of the effort of counting, but it had become such a strong habit to count each and every one. Within a few minutes – 51, 52... - he was sweating and after even longer – [91...92...93...[/i] - his arms were finally shaking from the exertion and he stopped – 100! - just as suddenly as he started. He rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling again as he panted and glistened with sweat, marveling at how the slightest shift in perspective completely altered his view of something as simple as a ceiling. He shook his head and took a deep breath, clearing it of growing tunnel vision, before he rolled onto his feet. Wiping his body with the sheets of the bed, he quickly put on his ragged old shirt and shoes and practically sprinted outside, hoping this day would be better than the one before.

He promptly ran into a patrolling Knight in his haste to start his run, something that had never happened before A perfect start to the day. He stopped and slid to attention as he said his apologies in a clipped controlled tone, “Sorry Ser, I usually go for a run at this time... I'm not used to anyone being around here at this time... Er... I suppose I should've just ended it with I'm sorry...” The Knight shook his head and laughed as he got up slowly, “There's no need to lie... I've been patrolling this corridor for years and no one goes running this close to midnight... Its okay however, everyone makes mistakes and this'll teach me to not walk so close to doors! Really it's okay!” The Knight's grin and the freedom with which he laughed eased Kylar's panic. He still grimaced as he remembered his run and mumbled his apologies again before waving to the Knight as he calmly ran down the corridor, “Oh shyke! I hate it when this happens! I thought it was morning and I started my routine a whi- anyway... I really should finish this run... Sorry again!” He internally debated over his next course of action as he ran at a steady pace.

It was a few bells before midnight, he had already started his routine and wouldn't be able to get back to bed, and he knew once his mind started there was no turning the badboy off. Being a creature of habit Kylar rarely deviated from his routine, but even he knew when it was time to just go with the flow. Instead of running his usual route - which consisted of a long and arduous path that doubled back on itself and gave him a very scenic view of the Suvan Sea - he took a roundabout way to get to his favorite taven and bar The Rearing Stallion. He continued running down the corridor, keeping his pacing the same as he crossed a multitude of intersections, making sure to be extra wary in case he happened to run into a few more knights. He eventually made his way outside and he knew he was coming up on it; the loud voices, the clink of glasses and a general happy vibe filled the night air with a joy Kylar hadn't felt in weeks. He grinned eagerly and slowed to a light jog before coming to a standstill near the side of the tavern. Wiping off his sweat and fixing his hair, Kylar internally prepared himself for the barrage of noise that came with opening a tavern door and slipped on a calm smirk as he walked in.
Kylar Grey
The future is comin' on...

Words: 3727
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 7:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on August 24th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Much to her dismay, someone finally approached. Kaie held back the groan threatening to slip from her throat. She should've realized how fortunate she was for having almost no work to do at all. Of course her injuries, sore muscles, and exhausted mind set prevented her from seeing any silver lining. It was one moment at a time, waiting until she could get out of the city. Where she didn't have to hide her battle wounds. Regardless, the woman approached whether Kaie wanted her to or not.

"Three ales," A young barmaid called to her before disappearing into the kitchen. Kaie slowly turned her head to see three burly men sitting around a table, mumbling to each other quietly. Moving as smoothly as possible, the Myrian woman grabbed a couple mugs and filled them to the brim with dark ale. Briskly, the barmaid returned with meals and place in front of other patrons before returning to the counter to retrieve the mugs.

"Perfect! And-Oh!" The woman exclaimed quietly upon catching a glimpse of the bloodied bandage hidden behind Kaie's cloak. The Myrian all but growled at the woman, adjusting her attire to hide the shoddy attempts at first aid.

"There's what you asked for. Now get!"" Kaie hissed to her quietly without making a scene. The barmaid grabbed the mugs with wide eyes and hurried off to the table. Kaie glanced around, noticing a new patron shoving through the doors. Immediately she began to boil with agitation.

Don't even think about sitting at this counter...Please?

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)