Closed A Trickster and a Horse (David)

The Ice Lion lays a trap for an unwary foe... but David spots it

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

A Trickster and a Horse (David)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 17th, 2013, 1:24 am

OOCo.O you are a GENIUS. Wow. I did NOT think of that....

Both Spirit and the bandit's eyes widened at the mercenary's actions, surprised. Spirit was more freaked out at the blood, and the death, whereas the older man was scared, realizing he was in a bad situation. David was close enough that -even if the bandit dropped the Frostfawn and leaped onto the horse as fast as he could- he would be cut down in seconds.

He froze momentarily, knowing he'd lost. Killing his captive would take more time anyways. Instead, the man dropped his load, turned, and sprinted away. Spirit collapsed on the ground, hunched for a few moments, before sitting up, awkward with her bindings. She was emotionless, frozen, staring at the dead body before ripping her eyes away. This was all getting to much... ropes, running, horses, daggers, swords, death. It should have just been a normal day, instead of a terror. Tears leaked down her cheeks as she thought over this, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. She didn't know what to say.

Then she knew. The Icewatch. Those guards at the gate. She needed to call them. Without caring what David saw or noticed, even if he was still there, she screeched wordlessly at the top of her lungs. They hadn't been too far away... so over the flat land, they'd be able to hear her... right? That done, she shuffled awkwardly in the snow and began to wait, attempting to forget all that had happened in the past few chimes.

OOCIf David stays, I'm guessing he'll cut the ropes. If he leaves to chase the bandit... then she'll figure out her ropes :)

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby David Arnim on August 17th, 2013, 3:09 am

David watched as the bandit ran away and let Spirit go."That's right ! Run !" he yelled out to the fleeing bandit. After the bandit was far enough away he turned his attention to Spirit. He walked through the thick snow before kneeling down next to her. David began to cut away at Spirit's bindings with his long sword."That was close." he simply said as he cut the ropes.

After finishing cutting the ropes he looked at the dead one handed bandit for a moment before looking back to Spirit. Standing up David sheathed his long sword."This could have ended very badly." he said to Spirit in a tired voice."You really ought to be more careful." he said before looking in the direction he knew the ice watch would be coming from and began waiting.
David Arnim
Player

Words: 50384
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2012, 8:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 17th, 2013, 1:33 pm

After her ropes had been cut, Spirit wrapped her arms around her knees and stared into them, thinking of basically nothing. She didn't feel much at the moment, and though she knew exactly what had happened, nothing had really kicked in yet. Still, she had plenty of time before the Icewatch arrived to get over it.

Within chimes the distinct sound of a dire polar bear running across the snow could be heard, and the Frostfawn glanced up, trying to ignore the corpse in front of her. A large bear and it's rider could be seen loping towards them at full speed, and stopping a little ways away. The rider -an Icewatch guard, of course- drew and nocked his bow, confused and disturbed by the sight. To any who hadn't been there, it was an odd scene. A dead body, a girl next to a pile of rope, a horse, and the most suspicious of all: An armored man with a longsword and shield.

"What happened here??" he asked, confused but demanding. Before anyone could make any assumptions, however, Spirit decided to give her part of the story, staring straight up at the bear but not moving from her position. "Bandits... that one, and another ran away... and he helped me" She pointed at each thing in turn, from the dead body (still refusing to look at it), the direction the second bandit had run in, and then the mercenary. Though it wasn't exactly very descriptive, it covered most of the basics, and the girl resumed her careful thought over the events, now almost impassive about it.

The Icewatch guard frowned, but slid off his bear, lowering his guard slightly. The Kelvic began sniffing around, approaching the body, the horse, and finally Spirit, who felt awkward at the close quarters. The man on the other hand approached David and looked at him, prepared for more investigation. "And you? I'm assuming you killed that bandit over there? And..." He paused awkwardly. "What are you doing with such armor anyways??" It was unusual to see such garb in Avanthal, with the huge amount of metal it used.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby David Arnim on August 17th, 2013, 4:39 pm

David looked at the Ice Watch guard who asked him the questions. He wasn't used to talking to talking with the Ice Watch."Yeah, I killed the bandit." he said answering the first question."The reason I have this armor is because I'm a mercenary." he said trying to answer the second question."Got hurt a few times to many so I decided to upgrade my armor." he said briefly remembering the moment a bandit managed to cut his side."I'm David Arnim by the way." he said knowing that he should identify himself.
David Arnim
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 18th, 2013, 2:15 pm

The Icewatch guard nodded, seemingly satisfied with David's reply. He didn't bother with returning the introduction. Still wanting to know more about the situation, he turned to Spirit and asked "If you're ok with doing so... could you tell us the full story? Start to finish? Then we can figure out what to do about that last bandit." However, as he glanced at the still-sitting girl, he realized her attention was focused elsewhere. "David...? Hey! I remember you! From... last season... Ruby... the healing center!" She looked at him in surprise, all the memories flooding back. She nodded once, before turning back to the guard.

"Right... story... Well, I was working in the stables... then a man came... the bandit who ran away... came and asked for help, as his horse and tripped and fallen over. I like horses and animals in general, and I'm okay medicine wise... not amazing though, so I decided to come and help. He led me here, where his friend was waiting. The horse was fine. After figuring that out, they basically kidnapped me, tied me up, and threw me on the horse." She laughed bitterly at this, not really understanding why she was feeling so... odd. It wasn't really like her usual self, but for some reason... she felt the bandit before her deserved his fate. And the other should have the same. This scared her, but she continued anyways. "Sounds kind of cliche, really. Anyways, they walked for a bit, then David turned up, and threatened them. He seemed to know them..." She frowned while thinking on this, wondering why he'd met them before. "So he fought with one, while they were both distracted I managed to 'fall' off the horse... so I tried to wriggle away. One noticed, caught up and brought me back... then blackmailed David by holding a knife to my throat and telling him to drop his sword... Instead David, who had the other bandit at the throat as well, killed the guy and my bandit ran away. David cut the ropes and... now we're here."

She nodded, looking up at the guard for a reply. She almost didn't... care about the story. She didn't know what to think, even after going over things several times. All she knew was that she wanted revenge on that living bandit, and it reflected in her eyes. They were a bright yellow mixed with a little green. The Icewatch man nodded and thought for a few moments, before speaking to his bonded. "Would you be able to track the guy? Do you have his scent?" The Kelvic had been sniffing around the area, freaking out the horse slightly, and he nodded. "Ok good... the two of us will chase after that last man. You two... get yourself back to the city, and head to the healing center if you need it." He was firm with this, already climbing the side of his mount in preparation to set off.

The Frostfawn, however, found this annoying. Though it was obviously dangerous to come, she wanted to anyways, to watch what happened. But the guard wouldn't let her, of course. And she wouldn't be able to keep up... the horse! She could ride that! But then David... she couldn't leave him alone, in case he was injured. The yellow in her eyes glowing brighter, she nodded and stood, legs feeling wobbly already. "And send another Icewatch over here, if you see one... Though not the one at the gate" With that, he and the bear turned around and loped off in the direction the bandit had ran.

Alone with David again, Spirit didn't start walking. Instead, she glanced at the mercenary, wondering if he had anything to say. For some reason she didn't feel like going back to the city... she wanted to help with something... DO something, other than sit around and be pitied. "Hey... are you injured?" she asked, giving him a critical look. It he was... they could stop here and fix that up quickly. Bide their time...

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby David Arnim on August 19th, 2013, 6:21 pm

David was glad to hear that Spirit remembered who he is. He felt his sides after being asked if he sustained any injuries."Looks like I agitated my injuries from a few days ago." he said feeling the sting from his side."Other then that I got a few bruises." he said looking to Spirit and eyeing the cut on her neck."Though you should be more worried about your self." he said motioning towards the wound she got when the bandit pressed the sword against her neck.

The weight of his armor was really starting to get to him at this point and all he wanted to do now was go home and fall asleep. David wasn't about to leave Spirit out here all alone though and would not let her leave his sight until the got back to the city.
David Arnim
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 20th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Spirit nodded at his answer, deciding that they should go to the healing center anyways. Mostly because she didn't know what state his old injuries were in, as that might include a re-opened wound... which they didn't want. However, when he mentioned her own state, the Frostfawn looked up in surprise. Somehow she'd forgotten about that, though she didn't know how. She raised two fingers to the place and felt liquid, removing them showed blood. "Oh" she said simply, her decision made after that. It wasn't too bad, as it didn't seem to have hurt anything else in her neck, but... it was best to get it checked up on.

"Let's get going then" she told David, setting off on stiff legs. She'd mostly forgotten about her previous irritation, and was instead trying to focus on what they were doing now, and solving their current problems. Still, her mind couldn't help drifting back to that corpse... She shook her head and glanced at the mercenary. "How much did that fight tire you out?" she asked conversationally as they walked. It was more to keep her mind distracted than anything, but she was still quite curious about it. Despite giving good protection, all that metal was heavy, and must be exhausting to wear.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby David Arnim on August 21st, 2013, 6:40 pm

David gave a quick little nod, for he was eager to get back to the city. It had been a long day and walking and fighting in armor had taken it out of him."Tired enough that I would plop my self down on the first bed I see." he said while trying to inject some energy into his voice."I almost miss my old light armor." he said taking off his great helm so that the cold air may better touch his face."What have you been up to as of late ?" he asked as he trudged through the snow not wanting to think about his heavy armor.
David Arnim
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on August 22nd, 2013, 9:31 pm

Spirit nodded at his answer, hoping David had enough energy to make the walk to the healing center. It wasn't incredibly far, with the gates just in sight, but walking through snow always used up so much more energy than when inside.

In answer to his question, she grinned. There was a lot she could mention, thinking on it. It was a slightly odd question, formed as if their first meeting had been a little longer, but she let it pass. It was too much effort to think on it, and talking distracted her mind from moving. "Well... Remember Ruby? Well... the two of us went off to the Spires earlier in the season, but... my aunt died while I was still riding there, and I went home for the funeral. I don't really feel like going back... considering I've now got two more dogs... for a total of three, plus a horse, and one's pregnant.... so I've got puppies coming for around the end of the season." She drifted off into silence, the short story finished, before contemplating on another question, to keep the conversation going. She gave up quickly, however, and decided to be unoriginal. "How about you?" she asked politely, glancing at the man before turning back to the snow.

They were going through the gates now, unquestioned by the single Icewatch guard, though the man eyed them warily. He was obviously concerned about the scream, and the situation that caused his companion to ride out, but didn't ask any questions. The path was a little easier to traverse, the snow slightly trampled from various people and bears walking near the gates. Spirit picked a set of footprints heading in the general direction of the Whitevine Healing Center, to make walking easier, and distract her mind.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Una Tanta on December 23rd, 2013, 1:04 am

~CONGRATULATIONS~

Spirit :
Skills
Stealth +1
Running +1
Horsemanship +1
Observation +1

Lores
A horse will do what a horse wants to do
Assessing a hurt...or not...horse
Held at Sword Point
Run in with the Chest Bandits
Near Death Experience

Damage:
~Recovery tie is in brackets~

-Bruised Cossack (10 Days)
-Cut Neck (10 Days)
-Bruised Wrists (3 Days)
-Winded (1 Day)
-Exhaustion (3 Days)
-Shock (1 Day)

Comments:
That is a lot of trust in a PC Spirit! Very interesting thread, one of the ost dramatic and suspenseful you've written.

David :
Please update your CS and include seasonal deductions to receive your grade. When you have done so feel free to send me a PM and I will post your grade

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade please feel free to send me PM.
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous