Completed [Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight I(Roderick)

Sei has yet again conviced Roderick to spar with him. Only, the hand-to-hand kind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight I(Roderick)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 17th, 2013, 8:00 pm

TP: 47th of Summer 513AV

Sei stood impatiently, his foot tapping the ground repeatedly. As usual, Roderick was late, and even Sei had his limits. He stood tall and wiped the sweat of his brow. It was a hot day, and he was starting to regret chosing today. He paced around and eventually started tapping his foot again. He was fidgety, excited, and soaked with sweat. His shirt clung to his skin, and every breeze felt like heaven. He aired out his shirt and sat in the dirt.

Sei opened his backpack and rummaged through it, and pulled out his studded gauntlets. He placed them on each hand and stood. He punched at the air as he waited for Roderick. He could never understand why Roderick was always late. Then again, Sei did tend to get up early. He was always energized, and didn't really sleep much, but what little rest he got was always enough. As he punched the air he started to feel irritated. He was thinking of going home.
Last edited by Sei Tendo on August 20th, 2013, 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight(Roderick)

Postby Roderick on August 17th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Roderick adjusted his bow on his back and kept his running pace. He figured he could use the exercise. He maintained his breathing and skirted around the rocks, twigs and logs scattering the floor of the woods. The last time he'd met Sei, the Kelvic had been left waiting for quite a while; he was determined to get their as quickly as possible.

He jumped over a log and kept running, faster and faster; he fell almost mindlessly into the actions, his arms and legs moving together, his heart pumping in his chest. When he burst into the clearing, he kept going for several feet, his boots beating against the earth as he slowed himself.
He bent over double, hands on his knees, wheezing and drawing air into his lungs. He'd go out running more often, he decided; there might come a time when the practice would save his life.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 17th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Sei could hear running and heavy breathing to his right, and glaced from the corner of his eye, only to find an exhausted Roderick bent over, and panting like he just ran up a mountain. "Roderick? Are you," He began. "INSANE!?!" He shouted with rage, taking off a gauntlet, and punching the back of Rodericks' head with all his might. He swiftly equiped his gauntlet and began to shout again. "For one, your a bum who can't resist being lazy!" He said harshly. "Two, you petchin' late as usual!" He continued. "And three, you can't even run a few miles without feeling near death exhausted!" He boomed. He was so upset he could kill some one. He sighed through his nose and walked away.

"So what's you excuse?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 17th, 2013, 10:38 pm

"Roderick? Are you," Sei howled "INSANE!?!" the Kelvic punched the back of Roderick's head with all his might, damn near knocking the hunter's head off his shoulders, then slipped his gauntlet back on and started shouting again. "For one, you're a bum who can't resist being lazy!" Really? "Two, you're petchin' late as usual!" I ran like there were a pack of hounds at my heels for this? "And three, you can't even run a few miles without feeling near death exhausted!" he breathed out heavily through his nose and stalked off.

"So what's your excuse?"

"I've got the flu?" the hunter ventured cheekily. He rolled his shoulders, testing the feel of his new gear; simple leather, but worth every miza. He'd gotten himself a club too, and a little knife tucked away beneath his bracer - not that he'd be needing it. His bow was back at the apartment; he wouldn't need it here, given Sei's gauntlets.

PRICES- 10 gm for leather armor, - 1 gm for wrist knife, N/A for club

OOCNot the face, if you please =)
Last edited by Roderick on August 18th, 2013, 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 17th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Sei laughed a bit at Roderick's reply. He was still upset, but he'd have his fun with Roderick soon enough. He went to his backpack and rummaged through it, taking out his knuckledusters, and tossing them to Roderick. "Put them on." He demanded. "While we're sparing, I'm going to teach you unarmed combat." He explained. He wasn't to happy with the fact Roderick was so.. small. He walked over to Roderick after pushing his pack to the side, and began to speak. "Truth be told, your to small. By the end off the day, I'll have you toned well." He said with a wicked grin. He wasn't the type to do anything without a reason, and when he gave something for free, there was a catch.

Sei looked at Roderick from head to toe, and was greatly shocked. "Right now your a lazy bum who can't run a mile. Your to scrawny. The only muscle you have is actually bone, and your build is pathetic." He said harshly. "Until you shape up I refuse to call you a man or a friend, you lazy bum." He boomed bitterly. He was enjoying every second. It was hilarious watching Roderick be insulted, and even better doing it himself. He looked him dead in the eye as he spoke. "Your a no-good bum who can't do anything right, and your always late. Your also a lousy piece of trash, and the worst part is you run like a 80 year old man. If you can't run a short distance like this, how the petch are you going to get a mate?" He spoke coldly, but to him it was just a joke.

Sei picked Roderick up by the collor in one hand, putting him in his face. "I'll give you the best hardest traning you've ever had." He said letting go. "Begin!" He called, signalling the training was on. Heh. Let's see if you can handle hand-to-hand combat.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 18th, 2013, 7:25 am

Sei laughed a little at Roderick's comment, then went to his pack and dug out his knuckledusters, tossing them to Roderick, who caught them, "Put them on." the Kelvic ordered. "While we're sparring, I'm going to teach you unarmed combat." He explained, pushing his pack aside and walking over to the hunter, "Truth be told, you're too small. By the end off the day, I'll have you toned well."
Anyone else feel like playing 'Brain the Kelvic'?

Sei looked the hunter head to toe, "Right now you're a lazy bum who can't run a mile. You're too scrawny. The only muscle you have is actually bone, and your build is pathetic." Who pissed in your porridge? "Until you shape up I refuse to call you a man or a friend, you lazy bum." You're enjoying yourself, at least.
"You're a no-good bum who can't do anything right, and you're always late. You're also a lousy piece of trash, and the worst part is you run like a 80 year old man,"Respect your elders, boy! "If you can't run a short distance like this, how the petch are you going to get a mate?" I'll serenade her with my wonderful singing.

Sei lifted the hunter clean off his feet, holding him by the collar; he shoved his face up near Roderick's. "I'll give you the best hardest training you've ever had."Does it involve me killing you and eating cake? he let go and the hunter landed on his left foot, flailing his arms slightly as he regained his balance.
"Begin!"
"Seems its that time of the month." Roderick jeered - couldn't let Sei have all the insults, could he?
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 18th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Sei took another step back and started advancing toward Roderick. Hadn't used his studded gauntlets yet, but from what he could tell, they wouldn't hurt his hands when he punched, due to the smooth feel of the interior. He dropped low a few inches from Roderick and swept his left leg behind Roderick's knee, and struck the back of his knee, but he didn't stop there. He reversed his movements and sucked his leg in twisting back up, and brought up his right palm with all the force he could muster in one swift motion. He took a step back and swung behind Roderick, elbowing him in the back. Not hard enough to break him, but enough for him to feel it.

Sei knew he was fast, and was using this against Roderick. He wasn't paying attention to wether the blows hit, as not to lose his concentration and give Roderick an opening. He jumped back and took a deep breath, shifting his weight to his left. "Had enough?" He taunted.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 18th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Sei started toward Roderick and the hunter readied himself. The Kelvic dropped low and swept his left leg behind the Roderick's knee, hitting the hunter there; his leg buckled, and Sei took the chance to hit Roderick again, doubling him over, then elbowing him in the back; he was glad he'd decided to wear his leathers.

The Kelvic jumped back and took a breath, shifting his weight over to his left, "Had enough?" he taunted.
"You talk more than a fishwife!" Roderick got up and stretched;
Maybe I'll be using that wrist knife after all... the sour thought took his mind off the pain. He tried to mimic what Sei was doing; spreading his feet apart evenly, raising his fists up to head level. Fist fighting had never been enjoyable for him, so he had little idea of what to do.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 18th, 2013, 9:00 pm

"Me? Fishwife? Nah. Just trying to make you feel better." Sei said with his signature grin. Roderick spread his feet, and raised his fists to his head level, mimicing what Sei had done. "Aww. They grow up so fast.." He mocked. He advanced once again toward Roderick, changing his style completely. He feinted with his left foot, using his right arm to knock Rodericks' hands away, and using his left hand to get a dorect punch at his gut.

"Havin' fun Rod?" Sei asked, shifting his weight to the left, and using his right palm to slap Rodericks' forehead, and elbowing his stomach in another smooth motion. He swung around to Roderick's right side and brought the side of his left hand harshly into his side. He then circled back to face Roderick, thrusting his knee into his stomach, and taking a step back.

"Make your movements one motion, and focus your aim." Sei said.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 18th, 2013, 9:26 pm

"Me? Fishwife? Nah. Just trying to make you feel better." Sei grinned at him and the hunter smiled back. Roderick spread his feet, and raised his fists to his head level, mimicing what Sei had done. "Aww. They grow up so fast.." Sei mocked. He came at Roderick again, changing his stance completely.
He feinted with his left foot, then knocked Roderick's hands away with his right fist and used his left to punch the hunter in the gut.

"Havin' fun Rod?" Sei asked. He shifted his weight to the left and drove his palm into Roderick's forehead, then elbowed his stomach in another smooth motion. He swung around to Roderick's right side and brought the side of his left hand harshly into his side. Then he circled back to face Roderick, thrusting his knee into his stomach, and taking a step back.
"Just want to jump for joy..." the hunter wheezed weakly.

"Make your movements one motion, and focus your aim." Sei said.
Roderick did his best to follow that advice. He slipped into the same stance again, and decided to move forward this time. Moving quickly he made a jab with his right hand, then one with his left. He kicked out with a foot, then went in for a right hook and a follow up jab with his left.

OOCAs we can all tell, Roderick is failing at fist fighting =P
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next