Completed [Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight I(Roderick)

Sei has yet again conviced Roderick to spar with him. Only, the hand-to-hand kind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight(Roderick)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 18th, 2013, 9:54 pm

OOCIt's so bad it can't even be called a fail. :P

Sei sidestepped to his right, leaving Roderick's back and right side open to hits. Forcing his palm into Roderick's side, and shifting to the left in a circular motion, positioning himself to Roderick's back. He kicked the back of Rodericks' left kneecap, and elbowing his back. He swiftly circles to face Roderick, ducking down and bringing the palm of his hand up to deck Roderick's chin. "Out of breath already? Pathetic." He said harshly, as he thrusted his knee into his gut, and brought down his elblow towards Rodericks' back, so if he doubled over there was a second hit.

Sei stepped back and laughed. "This is pathetic. What kind of man can't fist fight?" He taunted. He circled his right foot in the dirt, putting it behind him, and bent his left knee slightly. He lifted his left arm and bent his elbow, so his hand was head level and wiggled his fingers. He then placed his right hand at hip level, and held it still. "Don't hold your breath, and always keep your eye on your opponents' movements." He instructed. He kept his eyes un Roderick's clumsy movements, and had already figured out Roderick's strengths and flaws.

Sei relaxed his stance and walked over to Roderick. "End!" He called. "That's enough for today. There's no point in hand-to-hand if your going to fail this horribly." He said coldly. He looked around and sat in the dirt. "Take a seat." He said. "I gonna teach you verbally."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 19th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Sei sidestepped to his right, leaving Roderick's back and right side open to hits. Forcing his palm into Roderick's side, and shifting to the left in a circular motion, he moved to the hunter's back.
He kicked the back of Roderick's left kneecap and elbowed him in the back; with great effort the hunter stayed on his feet, and watched as Sei circled about to face him, then suddenly ducked down and brought his palm up towards Roderick's chin; the hunter avoided the blow narrowly by jerking backwards, nearly losing his footing but quickly steadying himself again.
"Out of breath already? Pathetic." the kelvic thrust his knee into the hunter's gut, and made to elbow him in the back, but the older man managed to stay upright, though only just.

Sei stepped back and laughed. "This is pathetic. What kind of man can't fist fight?" The boy circled his right foot in the dirt, putting it behind him, and bent his left knee slightly. He lifted his left arm and bent his elbow, so his hand was head level and wiggled his fingers. He then placed his right hand at hip level, and held it still. "Don't hold your breath, and always keep your eye on your opponents' movements." He instructed.

Suddenly Sei slipped out of his stance and walked over to the winded hunter. "End!" He called. "That's enough for today. There's no point in hand-to-hand if you're going to fail this horribly." Roderick kept his hands from moving behind his back; the Kelvic would pay for this later. The boy sat in the dirt. "Take a seat." Sei said. "I'm gonna teach you verbally."

Roderick walked over to Sei and bent at the knees, squatting down onto his toes and leaning on his haunches. With Sei sitting cross-legged, Roderick had several inches on the Kelvic.
"Do share," the hunter said quietly; he kept his face as pleasant as possible for the Kelvic to see, but he couldn't do anything about his eyes.

OOCThere's a couple little things in there about Rod's changing opinions toward Sei
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 19th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Sei watched as Roderick bent his knees, and sat a few inches away. "Alright. First you need to know your strengths and flaws. Which is my had to fight with as much strength as possible without breaking you." He said enjoyably. "Though I won't act like I didn't have fun doing it." He said pleasantly. He raised his arms, and shielded his face with his fists. "But anyway, always guard your face, and learn how to endure the pain." He explained. He stood up, shifted into his fighting stance, and spoke. "Never use only one style, and never give the opponent time to memorize any of them." He said, shifting his stance completely. He then relaxed his body into a normal stance. "Find a position you can easily change out of, and develope a fighting style around it. For example," He began, taking his stance again. "One of my styles." He said.

Sei slid his right foot one foot behind his left, and bent his left knee slightly. He raised his left hand head level in front of him and wiggled his fingers, and placed his right fist to his his hip. "In this particular stance, I only perform certain moves." He said. If you payed attention to your beat my attacks were mainly aimed at your side, your gut, and your back. Which happens to be your flaws. When someone charges at you, sidestep idiot." He explained. He relaxed his stance and spoke. "And analyze your opponents moves, and don't get caught of guard." He said. "Now get up. Take a stance, and start from the beginning." He demanded.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on August 20th, 2013, 7:26 am

The Kelvic watched as Roderick bent his knees, and crouched a few inches away. "Alright. First you need to know your strengths and flaws. Which is I couldn't fight at full strength without breaking you.Though I won't act like I didn't have fun doing it." he raised his arms, shielding his face with his fists. "But anyway, always guard your face, and learn how to endure the pain." He rose, shifted into his fighting stance, and spoke. "Never use only one style, and never give the opponent time to memorize any of them." He shifted his stance completely, then relaxed out of it, "Find a position you can easily change out of, and develop a fighting style around it. For example," He took his stance again. "One of my styles."

The Kelvic slid his right foot one foot behind his left, and bent his left knee slightly. He raised his left hand head level in front of him and wiggled his fingers, and placed his right fist to his his hip. "In this particular stance, I only perform certain moves." He said. "If you payed attention to your beat my attacks were mainly aimed at your side, your gut, and your back. Which happens to be your flaws. When someone charges at you, sidestep idiot." He relaxed his stance again and spoke. "And analyze your opponents moves, and don't get caught off guard." He said. "Now get up. Take a stance, and start from the beginning." Roderick slowly rose off the ground to his full height. Surprisingly the Kelvic wasn't that much taller than him.
I'm still growing even now.Sei watched as Roderick bent his knees, and sat a few inches away. "Alright. First you need to know your strengths and flaws. Which is my had to fight with as much strength as possible without breaking you." He said enjoyably. "Though I won't act like I didn't have fun doing it." He said pleasantly. He raised his arms, and shielded his face with his fists. "But anyway, always guard your face, and learn how to endure the pain." He explained. He stood up, shifted into his fighting stance, and spoke. "Never use only one style, and never give the opponent time to memorize any of them." He said, shifting his stance completely. He then relaxed his body into a normal stance. "Find a position you can easily change out of, and develope a fighting style around it. For example," He began, taking his stance again. "One of my styles." He said.

Sei slid his right foot one foot behind his left, and bent his left knee slightly. He raised his left hand head level in front of him and wiggled his fingers, and placed his right fist to his his hip. "In this particular stance, I only perform certain moves." He said. If you payed attention to your beat my attacks were mainly aimed at your side, your gut, and your back. Which happens to be your flaws. When someone charges at you, sidestep idiot." He explained. He relaxed his stance and spoke. "And analyze your opponents moves, and don't get caught of guard." He said. "Now get up. Take a stance, and start from the beginning." He demanded.
Roderick put his right foot out in front of him with his left behind and held his fists up to his face.
"Show me how to block different strikes," Roderick told him, "start with defensive moves. You can show me some attacks later."

OOCRod prefers to learn how to defend with a given weapon - in this case combat style - before he learns how to attack with it. He figures all the fancy slashing and stabbing in the world won't help if he gets stuck in the belly before he can attack.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on August 20th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Sei kept his stance and spoke. "Alright. First off for defense, always guard your weak points. In this case, guard your stomach, your side, and your back." He said with a wicked grin. He looked over Roderick, and back at him. "In this stance, I'm guarding your weak points. Notice how my right arm is at my side, so I can swiftly move it to my stomach if need be." He explained, using swift motions for an example. He moved his right arm effortlessly into the front of his stomach.

Sei placed his hand back smoothly, and began to speak. "You lose your balance to easily, and between your stomach and your gut is your best weakness. You need to know how to protect it at all times in a fight, or be like me and find out how to improve it." He said evenly, circling an area in his stomach. He shifted his stance was more. He kept his leg in the same position, and crossed his arms in front of his stomach.

"Does that mean you always block down at your stomach? No. The opponent would automatically figure out your weak point, tilting you at a disadvantage." Sei explained, lifting his arms in front of his face. He then relaxed his stance and lowered his arms. He walked away and sighed. "Did you get all that?" He asked. "If you did, were meeting back here tomorrow, and there will be NO tips or pointers." He said, as he grabbed his things and went on his way.

OOCLet's make this a chapter thread to get more out of it. I'll start the next thread when I get back.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Antinos Fighter Pit]Long Time, Let's Fight I(Roderick)

Postby Radiant on September 12th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Teaching +2 XP
Unarmed Comnbat +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Roderick Is Late Again
Constructive Insults
Teaching The Basics Of Unarmed Combat

Loots

Roderick :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Running +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Being Late
Sei: Drill Seargant
Unarmed Combat: Basic Stances

Loots

Notes :
Roderick, The Fighter's Pit is located on the Winthrop Alley, not out in the Bronze Woods. Please keep this in mind next time.

Also, like I said before, try not to repeat everything your partner said and do to the T in your posts. :)

And please don't use blue text over a blue background, it should be obvious on why.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous