Completed [The Herald's Arms] Routine

[Job Thread] Lyrri's finding herself in a bit of a rut.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Herald's Arms] Routine

Postby Lyrri Snowsong on August 18th, 2013, 6:35 am

60th of Summer, 513 AV

It was nearly half a summer ago that Lyrri began performing at the Herald's Arms, and already it was as if she had never done anything else. This night was no different from others in the past week; perhaps her fingers had gotten faster with the constant practice, but the same songs, in the same crowd with their merry chatter, would continue on into late summer. She was playing a song her mentor had taught her in Avanthal; flecks of contented purple flashed over her half-attentive audience, tapping feet and distant smiles alike.

One song continued on to the next, the violet of her eyes faded on to sky blues and indigos, and soon enough, another night was gone.

In the mornings, the bard sat in her dull, windowless apartment, flute in hand, wandering melodies soaking into the old stone and musty air. She would play, and experiment, and let out aggravated snarls at every misstep until she could no longer bear the cramped, lonely place. She and her Snowsong flute would take to the streets, or make their meandering way to the Herald's Arms. The bard would sigh a mundane sigh, hoping to distract herself with interesting characters or new stories.

Lyrri had never been more bored.

It was boring, and stupid, and she was sick of it.
Send me a message if you'd like to thread together sometime! School's coming back, along with some nasty projects due, but I'll do my best to keep up, alright?
Lyrri Snowsong
Player

Words: 46750
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lyrri Snowsong on August 31st, 2013, 4:01 am

Again and again she would take her place in the front room; even the people, who had seemed so fantastic and mysterious, were starting to look the same; they were indifferent, impartial, and above all else, disinterested.

But this wasn't right, was it? Lyrri wanted to make people happy. She wanted to be great. To affect other people with music was not only a fine goal- it was also achievable.

Right?

Right!

... So why was she stuck here?

The 60th of Summer was a day as unbearably hot as all the others, if not more so. It was mid-afternoon, and the place was brimming with a nasty, loud pack of people. Days like these were the ones that really ruined the bard's natural cheer... She looked about irately as yet another song ended and was met by mild, placative applause. Flashes of smoldering red danced in her eyes; she could handle the lonely mornings, the loud din, even the clearly lacking recognition of her hard work... If only it hadn't been going on for so long! Lyrri was impatient at best, and roaringly, selfishly demanding at worst.

No, the demanding part was her best... Morwen, what was her worst?

Clenching her fists in anger, the bard took a deep breath as she prepared to... Prepared to what? Prepared to do nothing, of course. Another irate sigh preceded her next voiceless song, accompanied by a shift in her irises from raging crimson to melancholy blue, dimming as quickly as dying embers.

Another happy tune... Something to cheer herself up. Few of the customers would appreciate the sentiment, but Lyrri might make use of it.
Send me a message if you'd like to thread together sometime! School's coming back, along with some nasty projects due, but I'll do my best to keep up, alright?
Lyrri Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lyrri Snowsong on September 2nd, 2013, 3:15 am

It went on endlessly. Practice at home, and play at the Herald... Peer into her song book, then try not to screech into the crowd. Buy an ale the next day, hopefully run into a friendly face, and start over again.

Practice...

Play...

Maybe tend to the poor flute, because it was horrendously overworked...

And finally, she came to feel this strange revulsion; the patrons of the Herald were lounging about as usual, for the most part unaware of everything going on around them. It made her angry; the incoherent drunks, the opportunistic ladies, the wealthy gluttons surrounded by a cloud of dream mist... It made her sick with fury, and today was the day she would do something about it.

The surrounding customers whipped their heads about in shock and mild pain as a high-pitched C# howled through the first floor. It was short and sudden, accompanied by a red-soaked stare and a snarl of discontent. When enough aghast faces were turned toward her, Lyrri attempted a calming sigh, one that came out in a syncopated shudder. She had demanded their attention, and they were giving it. Now she simply had to earn it.

The rage of Morwen's Lights dimmed ever-so-slightly in her irises as she raised her prized instrument to her lip; long hours of rehearsal had taught her only three new songs thus far, but it would suffice for today. The first was dramatic, with a melody as deep as the flute could reach, and as sporadic and fast-moving as her breath could make it. She knew she couldn't move the detached Sylirans; she only wanted to remind them that she was worth hearing.

It carried on, and some of them turned away with muttered dismissals. The majority stayed, however, and that was the important part. When the song was done, she played another, and one more after that; soon enough, her day was done. Their somewhat more attentive applause was all she needed as she nodded contentedly, gave a polite smile and exaggerated bow, and left with hopes that tomorrow would be different.
Lyrri Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on October 6th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Lyrri :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Instrument: Flute +2 XP
Observation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bored Lily
The Dullness Of Routinity

Loots

Notes :
Glad to see you back, Lyrri. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)