Completed [Fighter Pit]The Eye of A Demon(Matthew)

Sei is tuaght the basics of Interrogation.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter Pit]The Eye of A Demon(Matthew)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Sei Tendo
85th of Summer, 513AV

Sei walked around Syliras, making his way to the Fighter Pit. He walked by, enjoying his pleasant stroll. He thought about the night before, and the reason he was going to the pit in the first place. Yesterday, Sei had met a man named Mattew, and had worked his magic, and convincing Matthew, they had agreed to meet, and teach Sei to interrogate people. By now, he was starting to wonder if interrogation was similar to intimidation. To him, the skills would naturally flow together, froming a greater impact. That's why not knowing how to interrogate really bothered him. He was half way there now, and hand brought his backpack along with him.

Sei stepped into the Pit and sat down his backpack by a bench, and sighed. Matthew-luckily-hadn't arrived yet, so he decided to sort through his things. He hadn't brought alot with him, and he slipped on his gauntlets. He wasn't going to be fighting, at least he didn't think he was, but just in case he had brought them along. He punched the arrow and waited for Matthew to arrive. Hopefully this'll be a piece of cake. He thought.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 27th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Ah, the Fighter Pit. Matthew was a bit uneasy here, though he didn't let it slip onto his face. The harlot just stepped through the different people that were staring at him, his face as apathetic as ever. A few called out to tease him about his boyish good looks, but he just ignored them, sharp blue eyes staring intensely ahead. He was looking for Sei, who had been quite the odd character to meet. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the man, just off. Matthew liked to think he was good at reading people, and there was a strange glint deep within Sei's serious and polite eyes. Something like anger, though not at Matthew. Perhaps it wasn't quite anger. It was more like an animal-like sort of... ferality. The harlot very nearly broke his poker face with an annoyed scowl, the correct word on the tip of his tongue but just out of his reach. He tried to shove the irritating thought to the back of his mind, blue eyes sharply dancing around to locate Sei.

Someone bumped into his shoulder, nearly spinning him halfway around. Matthew turned to apologize, and was faced with a rather built man. He wasn't all that big or scary, but he had a definite lust for violence in his eyes. That, and a sneer on his face. "Going somewhere, pretty boy?"

"You think I'm pretty?" Matthew casually threw the remark back, then internally winced, not having wanted to get into a fight. The man chuckled, stepping forward, bumping into Matthew and sending him a couple of steps back. "No." Matthew winced again, biting his lower lip. That hadn't been a very clever comeback.

"I am not worth your time. Just let me be." Matthew turned his head, blue eyes catching those of his sudden irritation. The man paused, then blinked, staring back. There was something odd about those eyes. Matthew's blue orbs seemed to be... deep. The harlot merely stood there, his stare sharp, just a tad of magic trickling into his words and gaze. He repeated himself, amping up the Djed just a little, his voice lower. "I doubt people will be impressed to see you beating up on someone who doesn't even know how to fight." The man stared a little longer and then snorted, turning sharply, smacking Matthew with his shoulder. "Not even worth my time."

Matthew stared after him, then returned quietly to his search. That little stunt had pulled a few eyes to him, and made a few eyes wander away. He'd have to be careful. He had no desire to get into some sort of brawl. His face was what made him money.

Spotting Sei on a bench, he slowly made his way over, the prostitute graceful and patient with his steps. Eventually he was there, and smiled politely down, tilting his head. "Hello. Sei, correct? You wanted to learn how to interrogate? Why?" Matthew was never one to waste any time beating around the bush. He was curious, so he asked.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Sei watched as an older man tried to hustle Matthew, but just as he was about to step in, The other man left, and there was no way a pretty-boy like Matthew could've intimidated him. "How the petch did you make him leave?" He asked quizzically, but dropped the question when Matthew spoke. "Because what's the point of knowing how to intimidate, but not knowing how to interrogate when the go hand in hand?" He answered with a question. When he thought about it, it was only logical. He stood and gave Matthew a wicked grin. "And what does a pretty-boy like you need interrogatation for?" He asked bluntly.

Sei was straight forward, and didn't like men like Matthew. People who use there looks for satisfaction discusted him, and he couldn't help but scowl when he talked to him. He scrutinized Matthew with a hard glare, but broke his gaze, the sight of his face making him sick. "I want to get this over with, so just teach me so I can be on my way." He said bitterly. His words were harsh, and his tone harsher still. He stretched his arms and turned to Matthew. Instead of looking at his face, he looked past him. He looked at Matthew and glared. "Well, start teaching." He demanded.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 27th, 2013, 7:47 pm

"It wouldn't really help him to beat me up in front of all of these men. Then he is just proving himself a bully, not a fighter." Matthew shrugged his shoulders, explaining half of the truth, and keeping the other half to himself. He had no desire to go around telling everyone about his skills. He was a bit angry at himself for so impulsively using them in the first place. Refocusing his mind back on Sei, he was a bit puzzled when the man spoke to him the rough tone. When Sei stood, both him and Matthew stood eye to eye, though Matthew's blue gaze was only curious. He tilted his head for a moment at the second question, noting he had been called a pretty-boy again. Apparently that was an insult. He was about to ask why being pretty was a good thing, but the dangerous look in Sei's eyes hinted that it wasn't a good time. Chewing his lip with thought, Matthew paused for a few moments longer. He was still trying to figure out how to react. Sei was not happy with this, and quickly goaded him onwards.

A moment longer, and Matthew began to slowly speak. Sei look away, but Matthew continued to stare, eyes curiously searching Sei's. "I have only learned a very little bit, but the theory behind it is familiar to me. Interrogation is a skill used to get information from someone. It kind of covers a broad range of situations, and also has a broad compliment of other skills. Really, all you need to do is learn how to ask the right questions. Learn when to time them, how to phrase them. Sometimes you can just ask and they will answer, or sometimes you will have to put some of those other skills into play." Matthew turned and stepped beside of Sei, sitting down on the bench beside the man. The harlot's voice continued, soft and well-spoken, eyes never leaving the oddly angry student in front of him. "For instance, I am a prostitute. You can imagine the best time for me to ask a woman something I may want to know. For me, seduction helps loosen up the target. For you..." He paused a moment, glancing up and down the Kelvic. Judging by his appearance and his attitude... "It depends. You can intimidate. You can torture. Both of these skills are a punishment. Your target will know that if he doesn't answer your questions, then something bad awaits him."

The harlot paused, steepling his fingers and setting his chin down on them. He sucked in a soft breath of air, and willed his Djed to his eyes, burning just a little bit to activate his Auristics. The Aura of Sei flared at him, a mixture of harsh reds, greens, and a sharp white. A black streak spiraled through the wild colors, a sharp contrast to all of the brightness. He had no idea what it meant. He didn't have a clue what any of it meant. He kept it on nonetheless, furrowing his brow to give the Auristics just a bit of his attention. He would have to keep the Djed burning in order to keep the Aura lit. Only a trickle.

"Regardless of how you interrogate, it helps to reward or punish the correct and wrong replies. For example, if you buy a man a drink to get him to tell you a story... how would you reward him if he told you a little? How would you punish him if he told you nothing?"

Last edited by Matthew on August 28th, 2013, 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 27th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Sei Tendo

"Bully? More like wimp." Sei said with a groan. Matthew stayed quiet and chewed his lip until Sei rushed him. "Do tell." He mocked, but spoke again. "So those skills can be combinations." He realized. He thought about it logically, and repeated his thought process until Matthew began to speak again. He sat next to Sei, who inched away a bit, and spoke again. "So it's logically hypnotism? Because you can lead them on with fear, and they know their fates if they answer incorrectly right?" He said quizzically. In a way, it also uses persuasion. He thought. "They go hand in hand with persuasion, bringing fear, or making them believe, and want to tell you information." He said, but Matthew was focusing on something. "What are you doing?" He said, but countered that with a nevermind. Matthew began to speak again, and Sei listened to the annoying voice until he finished.

"The reward is simple. You don't tell, I kick your ass, if you do tell, you leave with minor scrapes. The longer you make me wait, the more pain you experience." He replied. It was simple to just let the reward be life, and the punishment is death, but that qould be Too simple. He then looked directly into the blue orbs of Matthews' eyes. An emaple," Sei said with a hard glare and a wicked grin. "All I have to do to get information about your clients is threaten to bruise that pretty face of yours." He said harshly, and let out a laugh, and smacked Matthew on the back. "You should've seen your face!" He laughed.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 28th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Matthew shook his head, correcting the Kelvic. "Not Hypnotism, no. For instance, you tell someone that you are going to hurt them if they don't answer. What if they don't care? What if they are better than you? What if they actually don't know the answer? What if they just give you a lie? You want to make sure that you have different options. Different things work on different people, and reading the person will help you find out the best method of interrogating them. If this person is a coward or is adverse to physical pain, then yes, you may get the answers you want." At the mention of getting his face bruised, Matthew frowned, opening his mouth to speak. His face was his money maker, so he would appreciate it if Sei chose to bruise him elsewhere. Luckily, a painful smack to the back and a loud laugh from the man made the harlot realize it had been a joke. Matthew let out a bit of laughter, though it was obvious it was a tad strained and utterly confused.

"Remember though, it is best to try and be at least a little subtle. Don't come straight out and demand information, and then threaten. Try to keep the fact that you want information a secret, at least until you absolutely need to reveal it. The minute they know you are specifically there for information, then they are more prone to avoid giving that information. For instance, you mentioned getting information about my clients. Now that I know that, I have ample time to think up a lie, or an escape plan, or a variety of other things. Does this all make sense?"

The harlot turned, chin still perched on his fingertips, eyes sharp as they stared at Sei. There was still the wild swirl of colors, and none of it made any sense to Matthew. He just kept watching, awaiting Sei's reaction, curious on how the unpredictable stranger would act next. It was almost suspenseful.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on August 28th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Sei Tendo

Matthew spoke and gave a confused laugh afterward. "Subtle? Not in my vocabulary." Sei groaned. "But I guess I can try." He added. He hadn't been a master at being subtle and he knew it. He racked his brain, and wrapped it around the word. This was not what he had in mind, but he went with it, and continued to listen. "I guess. But is there advantages of not being subtle?" He thought out loud. "So the real point is knowing how to time your attacks. It's like fighting, but it's verbal. You make them cofortable, and they'll tell you what you want without realizing." This was all based off his thought process, and when he finished, Matthew was looking at him with a furrowed brow. He was staringing intently, and it made Sei uncofortable, so he palmed Matthews forehead. What the hell are you looking at?" He asked harshly.

"Let's try this out," He began, his palm still on Matthews' forehead. I'm doing this my way. How did you make that guy leave? I know for a fact it wasn't because he look bad, or because he didn't want to be labeled a bully. How did you do it?" He asked, his tone harsh and cold, and his eyes hardened into Matthews'. He lifted his palm, and placed it in front of Matthews face. "Or would you rather go to bed early?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on October 21st, 2013, 12:47 am

Matthew shrugged, broad shoulders rippling a bit in his fancy clothes. "There probably are advantages to not being subtle, yeah. I am not a master at this, not even that skilled, I just know theory. It is a learning experience as much as it is a teaching one, at least for me. Like you said, it really depends on the timing and the person."

The little palm to his forehead made Matthew yelp, and his head snapped back a bit, one hand going up to touch the area that had been hit. "You! I'm looking at you." Once again, he answered honestly and cluelessly, blue eyes searching Tendo's with plenty of absolute befuddlement. When the hand stayed there and Sei softly threatened Matthew, the harlot paused, chewing his lower lip as he watched the hard eyes of the Kelvic. He contemplated his response for a moment, opened his mouth, then suddenly decided to address something else. "Wait, go to bed? Are you threatening to tuck me in if I don't answer?" It would almost be mocking if Matthew didn't look and sound so petching serious. He was as clueless as clueless could be. After a moment though, he answered anyways, voice quiet and firm.

"I didn't make him do anything. I simply suggested it. He may not have cared about looking bad, or about being a bully, but he probably wondered if he did care whenever I brought it up. He also probably noticed the lack of fear, which is a powerful tool that some people are unsure of themselves without it." He leaned forward, pressing his forehead into the intimidating Kelvic's hand. His voice trembled for just a second to betray that he was actually being quite brave, but his words managed to come out firmly. "Were you implying that you would knock me out? That won't work, because then I can't give you the answer you want."

The harlot was still acting like it was a lesson. For all Sei knew, the harlot did still think it was all part of their shared learning process.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on November 2nd, 2013, 2:58 pm

Sei lost his train of thought, and listened to Matthew speak. "Well, there has to be advantages to every approach. As well as disadvantages." Matthew let out a soft cry, and touched his forehead. As Sei Listened, he wondered why he was so.. weird. "Sorry, but I don't like being stared at." He said apologetically. Sei ignored Matthew's next statement and gave him a weird look.

"See the thing is, that man didn't look very afraid, so I was wondering what made him leave. So my form of interrogation happens to be threats, and it does the trick on pretty boys like you." He tried to be as nice as possible, but it was hard to speak to this man without making an insult. Removing his hand, Sei placed it on his lap and leaned forward. "So what do I do if they don't have my information?"

SEI TENDO
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on December 26th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Matthew nodded, blue eyes flickering with thought. He glanced over the man, once again looking at him in this very focused sort of way. Analyzing the Kelvic in front of him, you could say. There was the rugged appearance, the built muscles that pressed against his shirt... there was a bulge underneath the clothing, just a slight one, as if he was wearing something underneath. Perhaps some sort of armor? Then there was the gauntlets, two different kinds, one of which thankfully wouldn't break the skin if Sei decided to bop Matthew on the head again. "Well, I am not so sure if it is a good idea to assume it will do the trick on... pretty boys. I am pretty because it is my job, and I like to stay pretty. Some people are just naturally pretty, but who knows what they hide underneath all the pretty. It is probably best to somehow get to know your target a bit more before interrogating, just so you can know exactly how to go about it."

The harlot shrugged at the last question, averting his eyes so he didn't stare too long, remembering that Sei didn't like it. "I am not sure. Perhaps see if they know someone who does have information? It will take a lot of knowledge to decipher lie from truth, though. I suppose it just takes practice, even just to know if they actually don't have your information."

He tilted his head, bangs falling over one of his blue eyes, glancing back up at the aggressive being in front of him. "Has this help answer any of your questions? It is all theory. You are welcome to ask more, or perhaps ask for help in something else. Fighting may be of more value to you, since it includes action. Or you could find someone in here to interrogate, just to practice?" He offered the idea of a quick fight off the top of his head. He knew he would get beaten, probably to a pulp. He'd learn something though, and Sei likely would too.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Next