Completed [Bronze Woods]Long Time, Lets Fight IV

Sei convices Roderick to spar with him again. Only, the hand-to-hand kind. Part 4

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods]Long Time, Lets Fight IV

Postby Sei Tendo on September 6th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei took in a deep breath after listening to Roderick, and exhaled through his nose. "Fine.." He said, keeping his feet in line with his shoulders. He took another deep breath, exhaled, and notched back an arrow. He launchef at the target, and frowned as it zipped past the target. This was pissing him off. He notched back another arrow, and launched it at the target once more. He gave a depressing sigh when it hit the outer most ring. He was about to yell when he caught himself, and rembered Roderick's words. He went to collect his arrow, and launched it once again, using his index as a reference point for his aim. He kept the position, and waited as the arrow thudded into the third ring.

"Much better." He muttered, as he retrieved the arrow. He launched the arrow, and was back to were he started when it hit the outermost ring. "Pathetic.." He muttered, notching back another arrow. This time, he brought it to his chin, and launched it from there, and managed to make it a few centimeters away from the second ring. "Better, but not enough."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 7th, 2013, 11:11 am

"Fine.." the Kelvic muttered, lining himself up for another shot. Roderick watched as Sei drew air into his lungs and drew the bowstring. The arrow whizzed past the target; Sei notched and drew again and loosed once more. The Kelvic sighed to himself as the arrow struck the outer ring. He seemed ready to start shouting again, but instead he made his way over to the target and collected his arrow, then returned to the other hunter and loosed it at the target again.

Roderick was as pleased as Sei when the arrow struck inside the third ring.
"Much better." The Kelvic muttered as he went to collect the spent arrow. Sei loosed it at the target again and it landed in the outer ring again.
"Pathetic..." the Kelvic muttered to himself, notching an arrow and bringing the string back to his chin, loosing from there, and setting the arrow not far from the second ring.
"Better, but not enough."

Roderick shifted his weight onto one leg and crossed his arms as he watched the Kelvic's efforts; Sei's ability with the bow was improving, albeit slowly, and Roderick was finding that the lesson was becoming increasingly hard simply because he had no idea how he could better help the Kelvic. So far he had simply been telling Sei to keep trying, in the hopes that he would start improving on his own. Surely there had to be a better way of doing things?

With all this in mind Roderick shifted his weight over to the other side and rubbed his neck, "You're doing a good job, Sei," he told the Kelvic, "You'll struggle with hitting the target for the first few days, but things become easier," he assured him, "Now try again - and aim a little higher."

When he returned to the city, the hunter decided, he would go off in search of someone who could tell him how best to continue with what he was doing here; failing at teaching Sei was not an option in his mind, but as it stood he had no idea if he had done anything wrong.
"Loose within seven seconds of drawing, or your aim will become worse..." he said quietly.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 7th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei continued his efforts, and listened to what Rod
derick had to say. He notched back and arrow, aimed higher, and released the bowstring within six seconds. He inhaled deeply after it landed in the fourth ring. He aimed, launched, and waited. He went to the target, collected the arrows, and repeated the process. This whole time he'd been yelling at Roderick. The one who had been trying to help him. He blaming Roderick, when the truth was he needed more practice. He pushed past his thoughts, and consentrated on the target. He took a deep breath and launched and arrow. It hadn't been Roderick's fault. Roderu-ick had no experience teaching people, and here he was, trying his best to help Sei even though he was being an ass. He shook his head and glanced at Roderick. He notched and arrow and launched it at the target, trying his hardest to hit the third ring. He watched as the arrow wedged itself in to the outermost ring. Roderick spoke and he gave him a nod.

He collected his arrows, and launched one at the target. He dropped to the ground and sighed after it zipped past the target. He then looked down at his the ground. "This is hard..." He sighed again.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 7th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Sei's arrow struck within the fourth ring; he tried again, with a similar result. The Kelvic retrieved his arrows from the target and started again. With every try he made Sei continued to strike the outer ring of the target. After he had collected them all, the Kelvic returned to his former position and made yet another attempt at hitting the target; when the arrow whizzed off into the undergrowth, Sei sank to the ground with a sigh, looking down at the dirt in front of him, "This is hard..." he muttered with another sigh.

"I never said it would be easy," Roderick told him carefully; no need to rub salt into the wound. The hunter took his waterskin from his belt and swallowed a gulp of water, then crouched down beside Sei and offered the Kelvic a drink, staying that way to take it back.
"You will manage this," Roderick told him, "It's just going to take a while," he turned his head towards the target, "If it helps, it took me the better part of an hour to hit the target when I was first starting out," it seemed a good thing to say - to let the Kelvic know that his struggle wasn't unusual.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 7th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei took an air-drink of water and gave it back to Roderick. He then looked at Roderick, and glared before shifting into his usual easygoing expression. He laughed, and spoke happily. "I can manage myself bum." He smiled. He stood, grabbed his bow, and notched an arrow at the target. As it hit the fourth ring, he launched another arrow. He was upset, but sulking wouldn't fix a thing, so he just went with it. He launched another arrow, and it wedged itself next to the previous two. He collected the arrows, and went back to launch more. He closed an eye and focused one eye on the target. He launched the arrow within seven seconds, and smiled when he hit the third ring.

"I guess I just have to learn by trying.."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 8th, 2013, 5:11 pm

The Kelvic drank from the waterskin and glared for a moment, then laughed as if he'd made some funny joke, "I can manage myself bum." Sei smiled and then rose to his feet, handing the skin back and then grabbing his bow; with it in hand he loosed two arrows at the target, both of them poor shots, then collected the arrows and prepared for a third attempt.

The arrow struck inside the third ring this time, a good improvement from the earlier tries, "I guess I just have to learn by trying..." the Kelvic said with a smile.
"That's the only way for you to learn," Roderick told him, glancing at the sky, "We've been here for a fair while now..." he said to no one in particular, "You ready for more, or have you had enough of being ordered around?" the hunter smirked slightly as he spoke, letting his eyes rest on the Kelvic before him. He'd almost forgotten about the clobbering he'd taken a few days before.

Almost.

Roderick rocked forward onto the tips of his toes for a moment, then back down so he was standing normally. He felt it was about time he put an end to the lesson; mostly since there was nothing else he could think to Say - couldn't let the Kelvic know that, though.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 8th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Sei Tendo

Sei sighed and stood. He needed a lot of practice, but he also needed to rest. He streched his arms and turned to Roderick. He smiled, and spoke. "It's about time I went back home. I need to rest a bit." He said, walking away. He strolled casually toward the gates but stoped mid way. "Thanks bud." He called, and continued on his way.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on October 8th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Weapon: Longbow +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Training With The Longbow
"The Glare"
Longbow: The Basics

Loots

Roderick :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Teaching +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Teaching Sei How To Use The Longbow
Sei: Ungrateful Arrogant Student

Loots
+1 Sled
-20 GM

Notes :
Sei, with your skills as a Novice, I assume that shot was a lucky one.

However, you do describe his difficulties in your later posts, good, please keep that up until you reached Competent.

Rod, I know this is an old thread, but I'll still put it here regardless. Rod, try not to repeat everything what your partner said and do to the "T". You didn't do them anymore in your future threads though, good job.

On further note, do try to make your posts longer, guys. At least 3 paragraphs.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous