PM to join Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Shiress meets a Kelvic at Kova's Wishing Well

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on August 29th, 2013, 4:25 pm

40th Day, Summer 513
13th Bell

Shiress planted herself unceremoniously onto a bench near Kova's Wishing Well, a place she seemed to visit a lot these days. Although a wish or two could never hurt, it was the area surrounding the well that fancied the barmaid. Quiet and often desolate, Kova's wishing well was a perfect place for the girl to enjoy her newly purchased book and, not to mention, it was one of few locations where one could enjoy Syna's warm rays and a cool breeze in the fortified city.

Shiress slid her bag from her shoulder and flung it into her lap and began rummaging through its contents. She pulled out a book and placed it in her lap behind the bag before plunging her hand back into its contents. After a bit of searching, her hand emerged again closed fisted and she stood, tucking the book under an arm and tossing her bag onto the bench then made her way across the stoned path.

Stepping up to the well, Shiress Pluck a flower from the colorful arrangement cascading from the bucket that hung over the opening. She held her hand carefully over the edge and closed her eyes as a coin slipped from the palm of her hand and down into the depths of the well.

A mischievous grin curled the corners of her lips as her eyes opened again. "I like that wish" She mused quietly to herself as she cracked open her book and placed the flower carefully between its pages. Still looking down, she turned around and took a step, but stopped abruptly with a jump backwards and a gasp. Her book plummeted from her hands and flipped closed at her feet on the cobblestones.

Just in front of her stood quietly, a beautiful woman. Her hair sleek and shining in the sunlight, her eyes shimmering like golden coins. After a shocked pause, Shiress took a slow, hesitant step toward the woman, green eyes wide and glaring hard at hers. "Are..are you the ghost?"

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on August 29th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Kyra had been standing at Kova's Wishing Well over a bell staring into the depths of the mysteriously created structure that seemed to go on forever. Not even her eyes were keen enough to see so far into the darkness. The kelvic continued to peer downward, her long blondish hair resting freely upon her slender shoulders, and flowing along her back as the breeze caught the spools of gold and twirled them about.

"So..I place a coin inside, and..a ghost will appear..and grant me a wish? It sounds very strange, why would a ghost need coin? And why would it grant me a wish just for giving it one? I do not understand..If the ghost can grant wishes, then why doesn't it grant it's own wish for coin?"

The kelvic sighed as she stood up and looked down upon her body. The leather corset she wore, though violet in color, seemed to flow well with the dark skirt and boots that she wore with it. She lifted her hand and turned her palm upward to reveal a single golden miza that she had been holding since she first arrived. There was something else about the mystery tugging at the girl's mind and making her wary. Kyra had met ghost before, two in fact, and neither of them were kind and certainly weren't the wish granting type.

"Perhaps this is really just a story with no truth to it at all."

She had to wonder if the stories were true. Many people spoke about the well and the ghost that supposedly dwell inside, but none of them had ever seen it or had a wish granted. But still the kelvic's mind wandered. What if it was true, and by simply dropping the coin, a ghost would appear and grant her a wish. So many questions continued to swarm in her mind and kept her from making a move one way or the other.

Kyra decided to leave, for some reason she didn't feel up for meeting another ghost if the story was true at all. Just as she started to walk away, she noticed a pretty, young woman carrying a book walk passed her and over towards the well. She stopped and turned around to watch and see what happened. Would the ghost appear to the woman and grant her wish? Kyra was curious to find out and stood patiently waiting to see. She waited another moment and slowly started back towards the well, when the woman suddenly turned around and they almost collided.

"Did I frighten you? I did not mean to." Kyra said softly, her eyes wide with a bit of surprise as well. She stared curiously at the woman for a moment before she finally spoke again. "I was about to leave this place, but I saw you go to the well and I wanted to ask you...what did you wish for?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on August 30th, 2013, 4:13 pm

If the embarrassment of her initial reaction to the woman hadn't flushed the girls face enough, the thought of telling the stranger her wish had eliminated it five shades brighter.

Shiress grinned sheepishly, looking away with a small chuckle. "Well, um." She began, her brow wrinkling slightly "It Was a silly wish, mostly embarrassing actually." Looking up, her eyes met with the woman's again, a broader smile now parting the barmaid lips. "Girl stuff mainly."

Shiress knelt down and quickly scooped up her book before taking a step closer to the blonde. "My wishes are never granted" she said admittingly, "but I still like coming here anyway. Its nice to find a quiet place when you work somewhere loud and obnoxious like the Stallion. You can only hear so many stories and rumors over and over before you go crazy."

She curled the book into her chest and crossed her arms over its cover as green eyes trailed up and down the strangers form. The woman seemed to equal Shiress in height, but with a much smaller frame. Her eyes, though, were unique and captured the girls curiosity as well as her gaze. There was something different about this blonde headed lady, but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

"My name is Shiress, by the way." she said, shifting her weight to one leg. " I don't think I have seen you here at the wishing well before, but Im relatively new to Syliras, I guess you could say, only been here a couple seasons. Well, that and I don't get out much." She laughed. "What about you? Have you ever had a wish come true?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on September 2nd, 2013, 1:00 am

Kyra happened upon the woman at the right moment. Now she could learn if the rumors were true, and if so she might attempt to have her own wish granted. So far however, the kelvic was yet to decide what that wish would be, or how many she would try to get granted. She didn't even know if there was a limit. Staring curiously at the woman, Kyra slightly tilted her head in confusion.

She seemed to be embarrassed, or just shy to speak of her wish with a stranger. "What is...Girl stuff?" The kelvic hadn't thought about it, as it didn't seem important, but besides the time she spent with her mother, she didn't spend time with any other woman, at least not for an extended time. Mostly it was short encounters here and there, and the rest of the time she dealt with men. Many things that most woman had learned years ago were things that Kyra was just picking up on.

"Oh..I see." she added with a sigh. Kyra had been hoping that the rumors were true, but as the woman spoke, she learned that it wasn't so. If the woman's wishes were never granted, she was sure that hers wouldn't be either. It did make since to her for one's wish to be granted and not the other. "So then it's all a lie. There is no wish granting ghost. How disappointing."

Kyra turned away from the woman and stared at the Well again. A wish, hoping to get a wish granted. It was too bad, for a moment she thought she may have found something good about the city, but even that turned out to be false. "The Rearing Stallion? That is the name, yes?" she asked turning back to face the woman. "I have been there before, it is...loud and obnoxious. And the people there drink far too much and they pinch you." Kyra was quickly reminded of the fight that happened a few seasons ago when she had met the blacksmith in that very tavern.

It had turned out to be more than just an average brawl, and the blacksmith wasn't happy with her in the least. Still he followed her for a while longer all the way to Ravok. Some days she wondered what happened to him. "You're new here as well then? " Kyra said, her golden eyes growing brighter and a smile rising upon her lips. "I am new here, and I've never had a wish granted. This is my first time coming here." Looking around again, she enjoyed the peacefulness that Shiress had just spoke about. Wish or not, it was a nice day at least. "I am Kyra."

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on September 9th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Shiress stepped quietly to the bench, lifted her bag and flipped open the top and shoved her book inside. "Oh no." she said, turning to the blonde again just as she had turned away. " There's truth to it, I think." she dropped her bag on the bench again then turned and walked to the woman's side. " I know of some who claim to have seen the ghost and their wish granted." she said, gently touching the woman's arm with a spark of excitement flashing in her emerald eyes. "Sam did, he was a local farmer who always came by the stallion every night for dinner and a drink. One evening, he burst through the doors claiming to have seen her, the ghost. He said his wish was for wealth." Shiress stepped in front of the woman and smiled. "He takes his meals and drinks at The White Swan Inn now, sold his farm and now lives in a home I could only dream of."

The girls eyes fell away a tick as she entertained the thought of such a grand home. It was a nice thought, but for what Shiress had been through and from what she had come, her tiny apartment was a dream come true and the thought quickly dismissed.

"Oh." she began again, looking up with the excitement returning. "Charlotte Corrally, or Charlie as I call her, too claimed to have seen the ghost after a wish for love. She now has a strong man by her side and a child for each hip."

Shiress turned away. "There are many more stories that I have heard, but those I know to be true." she said, picking up her bag in placing it in her lap is she sat on the bench. "Love was my wish." she added, thoughtfully. "Not a marriage proposal, not even a relationship. Just love. Even if only brief." Shiress smiled then fell silent, reflecting on her own words and feeling a bit embarrassed with her admission. By the time one reaches her age they would have experienced love in one form or another. But for Shiress, having been locked away as a child, she had lost the time when most girls grew into a woman and was still learning the ways of womanhood with a lot left to learn.

"You get used to it, well the loud and obnoxious parts." She said, looking up with a laugh. "Not so much the pinching, but I have learned to pinch back." The woman's smile was returned by a kind one of her own and slight cant of her head. "It's nice to meet you, Kyra." she said. "I was wondering, did you make a wish before? Will you share it with me if you did?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on September 16th, 2013, 4:47 pm

Kyra listened to the woman's stories, and held onto each and every word with the wide-eyed innocence and enthusiasm of a child. She couldn't believe the rumors were true. To think that people had their wishes granted, and for whatever they desired it appeared. "So then, this is all real? It really works? Oh!..Do tell me about the ghost? What was she like, was she a nice ghostly person?" The kelvic was almost bouncing in place with excitement, and had to know more.

She palmed the coin again and moved the tips of her fingers over it as she thought of her wish. It was pure craziness, but the more that she thought of it, the more it didn't see as much. Kyra had witnessed fantastical things in her few years, things that she would have never thought to be possible, and yet they were. Perhaps the wishing well was another of those things. And this ghost, of the two that she had met, both had been crazed, but this one granted nice wishes. Kyra was more than confused, but Shiress said that she knew the stories to be true.

"How can you?" she asked after Shiress spoke about the loud and obnoxious people in the city. "There are times when I can not sleep at night. They are so noisy they wake me, and many times it sound as though there was fighting." Kyra gave a pausing thought to the woman's way of dealing with pinching, by pinching back. It did seem like a good solution. If she didn't like being pinched and she pinched them back, maybe they would get the message? "Do you really pinch them back? And it works?" Kyra remembered being pinched, and the people didn't look like they'd mind a pinch back.

"My wish?" Kyra asked, turning her attention back to the well again. The woman had wished for love. That was a wish that she could understand and hope for. But the love that she wanted, had missed, were given by those long since passed, and it was them that she wanted to see again. "I wish to see my mother again, and Jacques, and Marcelo. They..have my love, and they love me. I suppose we have the same wish then." She moved back towards the well without another glance towards Shiress and dropped her coin inside, her wish filling her mind and heart, even as it was whispers through her lips. And now she waited...

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on September 20th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Shiress smiled. "They say she's beautiful." She replied, gazing off dreamingly. "Long dark hair cascading down her back, her form veiled by a morning mist. A sight to behold I would bet. Some say she speaks to them with a radiant voice, others say she remains silent and touches them with an icy hand. " She sighed, looking again to the woman. "I would take either to have the wish."

She gave a hearty laugh at the woman's remark on the noises of the city at night, shaking her head of the thought. "That would be The Spinning Coin, I think." She said. "The Stallion does close down, but I don't think the Coin ever does." The expression on the girls face hardened, becoming more serious as she arched a brow. "That is a place I would stay clear of." She mumbled, remembering her one and only night that she had spent there. "But yes." She continued. "I'll pitch some, slap some on the back of the head and roll my eyes at others. You learn who they are and what your limitations to the them are." She chuckled softly."They learn me as well and know I will not stand for such things and know the knights will not stand for anything worse. It took a long while to be so bold, mind you."

Shiress stared at Kyra with anticipation as the blonde began to speak about her wish, but with the mention of her wish being to see her mother again, the girls gaze dropped to her hands, watching as her fingertip ran along the ring that encircled her slender finger. What Shiress wouldn't give to see her own mother again and her father and brother. Just to know that they were alive would ease the burden of her heart. Season after season had come and gone and still she had no word of their well-being.

At length, she lifted her eyes to the woman standing and rose to her feet, placing her bag on the bench as she stepped away. The girl had a bad habit of offering affection to those that didn't want it or, at least, felt awkward receiving it. Especially to those she could relate heartache with. To Shiress, a hug cures everything and this had always been her solution, but she was learning this was not always the case and now would stay her distance until invited -most of the time. This knowledge thanks in part from one Hadyn Skellig.

Stepping up beside the woman, her hands slid across the rough surface of the well and gripped the edge as she leaned over and peered into the darkness. "We do have that in common, more so then you may think." She began, turning to Kyra and leaning a hip against the side. "I would wish my heart away to see my family again." She cleared her throat as as her gaze returned back into the shadowy depths, her fingertips quickly brushing away an escape tear. "I hope to one day. I know a ghostly figure may not drift out of this well and grant me this wish." She said, attempting to stiffen her shaky voice. "Hope is not a wish granted and I do have hope and no one can ever take it from me." She smiled, looking up to Kyra. "And what is a wish but a sacred hope you hold in your heart."

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on September 26th, 2013, 1:55 am

The story was easy listening, and the kelvic remembered the stories she would hear from her mother and from Jacques. They were always interesting stories, some harder to understand than others, but she would always ask for another. The story told by Shiress was no different, filled with wonders and snuggled lightly in mystique. She agreed with the woman, whoever or whatever the ghost was, she didn't much care. Not if it could grant her wish and bring back those that she loved.

Kyra was only confused when the woman said that the noises came from the Spinning Coin. She was almost certain that the sounds that she heard had come from the room directly next to hers. Kyra wondered if she had said something to confuse the woman, or if it was the human in this case that was the one causing the confusion. "They must have been making an awful amount of fuss for it to carry so far." The young kelvic didn't have any trouble with the warning that Shiress gave her, she knew herself that the Spinning Coin wasn't a good place, and still she found herself there on three occasions. What a curious kitten.

She shook her head in disbelief when the woman said more about pinching those that had pinched her. "I do not think that would work for me. I think it might cause more trouble and pinching. I do not like to be pinched and I do not like my hind-end to be sore either." she finished with a pout.

Kyra missed the rest of what the woman said, her mind had been focused on making her wish, and after she dropped her coin in she waited impatiently for something to happen. At first there was nothing, nothing beyond the woman's muffled speech beside her. But something did happen next, a light tapping sound barely echoing from deep inside the well. The sound was light and barely noticeable to human ears unless they leaned closer and listened. But for Kyra it was louder and the girl's ears twitched as she leaned down into the well, gripping the side to keep herself from falling in, and searching the darkness for the sound.

"Did you hear that? There is something down there? Could that be the ghost?"

She fell silent again for a moment, before calling out again, while her voice echoed off the walls inside the well. "There it is again, you must hear it to?" Kyra leaned down further, the heels of her boots lifting off the ground as she tilted further down. "Wait..I can see something!" Suddenly Kyra swung her legs downward and jumped back from the well. Nothing happened for the moment, but if she listened Shiress could easily hear the metallic tapping sound that her kelvic companion had spoke of before.

Another chime and there was a flickering of light, the reflection of Syna's rays bouncing off the solid form of the object tittering it's way out of the well. It was small, two spider like legs sticking out the from tiny shoulders and from the rear. There was an odd shaped plate on it's back that looked a lot like the shell of a turtle. The strange mechanical critter climbed down the wall of the well and stood on the ground. Lifting it's head, two huge glass plated eyes blinked as it looked between the two women.

"What..What is that?!?" Kyra asked with widen eyes.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on September 27th, 2013, 8:43 pm

Shiress frowned, tilting her head with a confused look. "So far?" She asked, more to herself then Kyra. "Then where is The Spinning Coin?" She shook her head. "I could've sworn..." The girl thought hard. That night her and Hadyn had begun their night out at The Rearing Stallion Only to migrate to The Coin later. She remembers leaving The Stallion and a brief walk, but after that the girl drew a blank. Then again, she didn't remember actually entering the establishment either. "Come to think of it." She began again. "I don't even know where The Coin is. I've only been there once and, well, it was the same night I had tried whiskey for the first time." She looked away a bit embarrassed of her own admission.

real lady like Shiress

The girl turned around and leaned back against the Wishing well. It was bugging her that she couldn't remember where The Coin was. If she thought too much on it it would make her mad and she would have to hunt down her friend and question her about that night. Luckily, she didn't linger too much in thought before Kyra spoke up again.

"I didn't hear anything." She said turning back, standing still a tick, listening for what it was the woman thought she had heard. "It's probably just..." Her words were interupted with the blondes sudden jolt backwards. Shiress didn't take any chances and jumped back too, though she didn't hear anything… Yet.

"Maybe it's a mouse or… Oh Gods." She took a slight step forward, leaning her body and turning her ear toward where the sound had come from. She could in fact hear something, a faint sound of metal against rock. A flicker of light sent the barmaid stamping back beside Kyra. The creature emerged, and Shiress' eyes widened. "That's not the ghost!" She exclaimed, sidestepping behind the woman. The girl had never claimed to be much of a brave one especially where spiders and horses were concerned and this concerned Shiress. A huge spider had just crawled out from the deep depths of the well. At least it wasn't mounted on a horse.

"What's it doing? Is it gone?" She asked, placing her hands gently on Kyra's back, leaning slightly to peak around the womans shoulder. Her curiosity got the best of her, though, seeing as it wasn't exactly a spider. It looked like a turtle, but it wasn't exactly a turtle either. "What in Syna's blazes is that thing, creature..bug?" Shiress took a slow step from behind the blonde, staring at the creature. Her eyes narrowed. "Who, what are you?" Of course, there was no answer and she took another hesitant step toward the thing, staring harder at it with a tilt to her head. Lost in her own curiosity of it she was.

The girl began to take another step when the thing scurried forward. Jumping back, Shiress lost her balance and planted her hind-end hard against the stone ground. The creature continued toward her and waddled its way onto her leg and began to track upwards toward her belly. The girl laid back, possibly collapsing with utter defeat, and placed her hands over her face. "Get it off, Kyra! Get it! Get it! Get it!"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on September 29th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Kyra wasn't without a sense of direction and given a few chimes she could find her way to where ever it was that she needed to go. She mostly went by smells, places, items that stuck out in her mind to recall if she was going in the right direction. However, to ask her to verbally give direction was a waste of time. "Well, the Spinning Coin..it has to be in that direction." She added and pointed a finger towards her right. "Wait no, no that is not correct. It has to be....well no that is just silly." She started to lightly tap her finger against her lip as she thought it over. The kelvic's eyes shined brightly and blinked curiously even more.

"It is rather cool today, Fall is near..."

She had to switch the subject, the former was dead weight and with neither of them knowing the direction off hand, it was going to be a long day if they continued on. Shiress seemed like a sweet woman, one who's ideas may not have differed much from her own. The woman was easy to talk to and had a warm personality. Kyra could see herself possibly befriending the stranger, but in her past her unconscious need to find someone to love had gotten her into a lot of trouble.

But as always something had to happened. A peaceful moment was nothing without the rude interruption that always occurred. They stood now looking at something crafted to look like a spider with a turtle shell, or at least that was how it turned out. Kyra wasn't the jumpy type, but when the kelvic was excited, it was hard for her to keep still and she became jittery. When Shiress retreated and hid behind her, the kelvic almost jumped in the air. "I don't know what it is. It looks..very alive though." Looking at the small thing, she tilted her head and leaned forward. A curious kitten to be sure, and as Shiress moved closer so did she.

Lightly kicking her leg at it, Kyra jumped back again and tilted her head in the other direction. "I wonder what it wants? Is it here because I made a wish? I did not wish for a turtle bug." The kelvic jumped again when Shiress fell and the mechanical critter crawled up the woman's leg. Kyra stared confused, and unsure of what to do at first, then moved closer and stabbed at it with her dagger. It turned and reached a clawed leg out towards her, and the kelvic leaped backwards with a hiss and landed in the arms of a man wearing strange spectacle goggles.

"Hey, you found Rubby. I've been looking everywhere for her."

Blinking in confusion, Kyra pushed herself away from the man and backed against the well. The stranger in goggles stepped closer and with a wave of his hand, the mechanical critter leap off Shiress and crawled towards him. "I hope She didn't scare you ladies? She's really harmless."

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next