PM to join Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Shiress meets a Kelvic at Kova's Wishing Well

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on November 23rd, 2013, 2:53 am

"He..he did?"

Well that was not what she expected in the least. Orion Michaels fighting what sounded to be a...Zith? Shiress tilted her head staring blankly at Kyra, momentarily losing focus on the man before her until he spoke up again.

Straightening her gaze again she shook her head and pulled her mouth closed. While watching the man step away, she moved to Kyra's side and drew her shoulders up with a frown "I didn't know what to do. Anyway, You're the one with the dagger's and the skill to use them, I have a rock. What would you have done?" her eyes shifted to the man drawing further into the shadows I sure could have you those coins though, now that I think on it. she added in a reluctant whisper.

She slid her teeth across her bottom lip, somewhat regretting now that she had let the man go. "He's bound to still be up to no good. she said still gazing down the alleyway, her eyes creasing with a thought. As soon as the man turned his back she turned also and hurried to the bench, grabbed her bag and slung it around her shoulder. "We can follow him to see what he does. she suggested turning back to the blonde "Come on!" she called tugging the woman's sleeve in passing as she sprinted off in the direction of the fleeing gadgeteer, hoping she and her daggers would follow.

I'm going to wake up dead one day for sure

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on January 18th, 2014, 5:31 am

"He did." Kyra returned. "Orion is a brave fighter and he is my friend." There was a look of surprise on Shiress' face that the kelvic didn't understand. Didn't she know Orion, didn't she know the squire that had no fear and would jump into any fight to help his friends?

"You..want to go after him? Are you sure? This will not end well." Kyra shook her head. She didn't see the point now, the man was getting away and if they let him get too far they probably couldn't find him again. However she might with her sensitive nose, but Kyra had decided that she didn't want to find trouble anymore, but it always seemed to find her. "Oh, oh bother!" she cried when Shiress grabbed her and started to tug her along. "I did not wish for this. This was not my wish for the well!"

Kyra followed along behind Shiress, but she soon started to moved on her own. The kelvic's instincts kicked in and as she caught his scent, she rushed off to catch him. It wasn't a fast catch, and the man raced through alleys and around building towards the inner wall of the city. He was either lost or knew exactly where he was trying to go. The race led on and it finally came to a halt when the man slipped into the Broken Casket down by the docks. The kelvic hurried to the door, but stopped just outside and looked to her companion.

"Now what do we do? He went inside..I bet he has all sorts of friends in there just waiting for us." Kyra's cheeks turned pink and her golden eyes widen in frustration.

OOCSo sorry about the wait!
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on February 7th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Huffing and buffing for each breath, Shiress struggled to keep up with the blonde streak ahead of her. Kyra had taken the lead in the chase, weaving and dodging around obstacles with ease. Shiress on the other hand, panting and lagging behind, was cursing her decision to follow the sinister gadgeteer between gasping breaths.

Down long, narrow streets, around corners and through shadowed alleyways they ran, until Finally, the girl spotted Kyra ahead, awaiting patiently for her arrival. Swaying and staggering the girl came to a halt, cocking her head and glaring curiously at the woman. Unlike herself, Kyra looked as if she had just taken a leisurely stroll through a park. "Well" she said, holding up her finger for Kyra to wait as she found a good breath "I dont know" she puckered her lips and blew out a long breath, pulling away strands of hair clinging to her sticky, sweat covered face "about you, but I need" she took another deep breath "a drink."

Once she caught her breath, she glanced around and spotted a sign swaying gently in the breeze "The Broken Casket" she read "I have never been here" she glanced back to Kyra, chewing her lip "Look, the last time I entered a tavern for something other than work" she shook her head hard "it didn't end well and I'm no fighter, but I do think this man is up to no good" glancing around, she slid her dry tongue across her lips "I could use a drink. We could walk in, get a drink, see what's going on then we can leave. It's up to you"

Shiress stepped aside as a husky, bearded man exited the tavern. Arching her brow, she looked at Kyra awaiting her decision, still wondering how the woman wasn't as exhausted as she was.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on February 13th, 2014, 8:55 pm

The kelvic watched the woman curiously and with a bit of worry. Her breathing was unsteady and she sounded like she had trouble talking. "Are you sure that you are alright? You look ill. Are you experiencing the fainting?" Humans were odd creatures, first the woman wanted to go after the man, and now all she wanted was a drink. In the long run it was probably better that way and Kyra had no problems with it. She was also surprised that Shiress was leaving it up to her to make the decision. "I will follow you."

Kyra stepped back in mild shock when the husky, bearded man exited the tavern. Her senses were on high, and any sound, and or movement would jar her into action. In fact, she sprung backwards, almost jumping a full three feet in the air. The bearded man seemed amused by the two women, both standing with wide eyes and flushed cheeks. "Ah, you girls afraid to go in alone eh? Don't ya worry, it's a right friendly crowd in there come on."

Before either would have a chance to protest, the man pulled each of them under an arm and led them inside. Kyra tried to push back, but the man's strength easily moved the tiny girl inside without a fuss. Standing in the door way, the kelvic looked around at all the people inside. Some didn't look like the average citizen of the city, and even a few of them smelled different. Oddly enough out of all the places in the city, she didn't feel as out of place here.

Kyra spotted the man that they had come in to find just as he slipped into the back room, where one might assume the rest room was. But before she could tell Shiress, the huge man pushed them both towards the bar. "Go on order what you like. First one is on me." he smiled and waved the bartender over. Kyra figured if they were going to drink that she should have something to cool herself down as well, though she didn't like the drinks that the people had. "I suppose..I'll have milk."

The bearded man looked her over for a moment, he did think she looked young, but he didn't think so young that she still drank milk. "Alright, and what about you?" He asked Shiress with a wide grin. He thought between the two one of them had to like alcohol or some sort.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Shiress on February 19th, 2014, 9:54 pm

"Hey..I..wait.." Was all the girl could manage to say before she was pulled into the tavern, her tired legs tripping one over the other as she was pulled along.

The tavern itself was like any other, but the moment she stepped into the establishment it reminded her of The Kelp Bar back home. The same dank atmosphere and fishy smell combined with the salty air and sound of the ocean instantly took her to Zeltiva. It vanished, however, when she was planted on a bar stool with a "Oompth!"

The girl pivoted in her seat, rolling her eyes up at the man as she caressed the sting from her arm left in the wake of his grip. "I guess I'll have wat..." she began, but paused, drawing down her eyebrows. With a slow sideways glance, she leaned forward, looking around the man's pot belly at Kyra "milk?" she gave her head an amused shake before continuing "I want water, please" The bartender played his fingers against the warn bar top and turned to retrieve the order, but not before their husky, strong armed companion gave a full bellied laugh. "Milk and water!?" he bellowed, slinging his head back "I said I'd pay for a round, now come on and ye'selves a round. Aye, two whiskey shots!"

The man's loud voice carried throughout the tavern, drawing the attention of several onlookers from nearby tables. From the corner of her eye, Shiress saw the gadgeteer slip back into the room, round one table before sitting at the next. She was just about to inform Kyra when the huge man slid in between them and took the two small glasses from the bartender and sat them down "Here we are" he said, resting his hand against the hilt of a sword "Lets see how the women of Syliras take their liquor"

Shiress stared dumbly at the strong, amber colored liquid, glanced over at the hand and sword and then back to the liquor, realizing she wasn't quite as thirsty anymore. Hesitantly, she leaned forward, wrapping her fingers around the glass.

Ok, well, one shot isn't so bad, right? And maybe they'll leave us be if we do it

But maybe not.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Kyra on February 24th, 2014, 6:52 am

Kyra had been looking forward to the milk, and even if she wasn't as tired as Shiress, the kelvic could use a drink herself. But the burly man had other plans and it seemed those plans were to get them drunk. She hated alcohol, even hated the smell of it when it was on another person's lips. It was disappointing and the kelvic sulked in the bar chair. "Why did you ask what we wanted if you didn't want to know? It makes no sense at all."

The bearded man looked down at the kelvic and arched a brow. Here he was trying to enjoy a drink with two pretty women and this one was getting up-in-arms over milk. "Hey settle down. I wanted to enjoy a drink with you, not put you to sleep. What's wrong, you don't trust me? Think I'ma get ya drunk and drag ya into the back for a good time? Come on..I'm a good guy." His voice was loud and a little unsettling at that, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

It was distracting her from what she had come in to do, which was find out what the gadgeteer was up to. The last that she had saw of him, he had slipped into the back and away from her eyes. Kyra turned to look at the burly man as he moved between them and presented the smelly drinks. The kelvic turned her nose up, and the pout returned to her lips. "But I really wanted milk." she murmured and sunk into her seat. Kyra turned to see Shiress reach for a glass and mimicked her movements and took the other.

A frown wrinkled her nose as she lifted the cup to her lips. Golden eyes peeked from behind the glass towards the man who had bought the drink, and finally back to Shiress. But before she could commit, the man did it for them both. He lifted his fingers under their glasses and tilted them closer to their mouths so that they could drink the shot whole, the way it was supposed to be done. Kyra coughed, quickly pulling the glass away from her mouth, and sitting it back onto the table.

The kelvic hadn't been sure that she had drank it all until she looked back to see the glass was empty. "Why did you do that? That was very rude and I could have choked!" she coughed again and tried to catch her breath. "Relax ladies, I'm just trying to get you to lighten up." he chuckled and threw back his shot, then slammed the glass back onto the table. Kyra felt a strange burning in her chest and she started to fill just a tad bit lightheaded. She was lost in the moment and it kept her from noticing the gadgeteer who was moving to take the stand and called the crowd's attention.

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishes and rumors (Kyra)

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2014, 11:57 am

And the grades come rolling in.

Overall Comments
I was amused and amazed at this thread. The Turtle bugs were amazing and I found the reactions priceless and realistic... ^.^

Well done and beautiful read! Pity Kyra retired though. =(

Shiress
Experience Points.
Socialization+2
Brawling+1
Weapon(Brick)+1
Subterfuge+1

Lores.
  • Rearing Stallion: Learning to Pinch Back
  • Wishing for Love, Wishing for Marriage
  • Rubby: Scary bug thing
  • Rubby: The Turtlebug
  • Rubby: Turtlebug Assassin Machine
  • Rubby’s Owner: Gadgeteer/Thief
  • The Broken Casket: Location
  • The Broken Casket: Shots are Given By Locals
  • The Broken Casket: Smells like the sea… And Zeltiva

Kyra
When you return and if you would like the grade for this thread, please PM me.

Template Credit: Edric Wingard
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes