Completed [Sunset Falls] Beneath a Watery Veil of Gold (Jervis)

After setting up camp, Jervis is exposed to what traveling with a rogue savage woman entails.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Sunset Falls] Beneath a Watery Veil of Gold (Jervis

Postby Kaie on September 4th, 2013, 4:40 pm

As she prodded at the fire to reincarnate its flames, she heard the footsteps nearing her. Brown eyes flickered up to stare at the sky in exasperation almost in a pleading manner. On cue Jervis began his lengthy apology filled with gratitude and reverence. Finally the Myrian could take no more. She stood up suddenly and dropped the stick she had been prodding the flames with into the pyre forcefully. It was all she could do not to tear the hair right out of her head.

"For Myri sake! Stop apologizing for everything. Goddess, you mustn't compliment me every time you open your mouth!" She scolded him like she had been holding back for some time. Her voice was a mixture of confusion and annoyance, tone exasperated. She turned to face him and threw her hands up at him, completely taken back.

"Do you always take this much shyke from everyone? Your whole life?"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jervis Hill on September 4th, 2013, 11:51 pm

"For Myri sake! Stop apologizing for everything. Goddess, you mustn't compliment me every time you open your mouth!" Kaie scolded him like a child.

Come on, She wants it, I want and you want it. She won't respect you til your squeezing the life from her throat. She'll respect you then if only for a second. Dark Jervis screamed and tugged tightly at the reins feeling them loosen, though only enough to bring him close to the surface of Jervis's mind. This caused Jervis's brow to knit and his jaw clench tightly in anger.

"Do you always take this much shyke from everyone? Your whole life?" She yelled, throwing up her hands. Jervis let go further as this was what she wanted he would give it to her. It was the least he could do.

Yes the feeling of blood on my knuckles, Finally it has been so long. Let's but this bully in her place.

Just below the surface now having some control of the body, the change in Jervis was startling. Gone was the calm gentle man from before, in the blink of an eye angry rage poured off him palpably, his eyes taking on a feral reptilian glint in his fury. His muscles in his tightened suddenly, causing him to look lost in a feral madness.

"Slag Kaie, You think this much control is easy, You think I don't want to walk around smashing every petching person who looks me crossly. I do every moment of every cursed day Kaie. For a long time that was the only way I knew how to live and if Coli and Tenni hadn't saved me from that rage I'd probably be some feral beast roaming the mountains by now." Jervis screamed in her face, he couldn't put this good an act up if he wanted too he needed his other sides skills, Jervis had practically let go at this point. Dark Jervis sensing his chance tried to take control of Jervis's arm but only managing to make the fist open and close.

Nooo, Let me out, I want to grind her bones and rend her flesh. She deserves it and it'd be so easy. She's a willing target for doing this. Dark Jervis screamed as he fought for control having never been restricted when he'd let him come this close to the surface.

No, You are not coming out, This is as far as you go. Light Jervis, the dominate personality said forcefully. Dark Jervis felt the reins wrap tightly again. He screamed curses but could do nothing against the strength the light side had gained recently.

The anger and rage began to slowly seep from his face and limbs, leaving him feeling worn thin. Bringing his dark side to the surface like that was no easy feat even now after all these years. "To live in your anger takes no strength at all Kaie, It's a form of weakness and one I've long tried to reject for my own safety. I won't apologize anymore save playing the humble slave around strangers. Still what must have happened to you to treat someone like you have treated me. I know I stormed in forcing my agenda upon you But I have done everything possible to try to justify you keeping me around. I have never disobeyed or hesitated." His voice while still angry had come down greatly in volume.

"Still all you do is demean me for no reason, is it to scare me away? Because all you would have had to do is tell me, I gave you my word that I would follow your orders, all of them and I will not break that oath no matter how hard it is. Even if you told me to leave, My word is my bond. I'm going to tend the horses, I'm tired now and want to get to bed. Finish the stew if you'd like I've lost my appetite for some reason." Jervis said calm now though his voice had none of his usual mirth, sounding drained, stalking off into the darkness taking the horses with him as he went.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Words: 89402
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaie on September 5th, 2013, 12:15 am

She could see the anger flash across his face violently, his muscles tightening as if they were willing him to make a fist. Furious and insulted. Perhaps that was the side of the thug he claimed to be years ago, and her eyes only glittered with enthusiasm seeing the change. No more was he that spineless kid who stared at her blankly, cheers flushed and staring at the ground. Finally there was some emotion other than the shyness. At last he did something.

Come on. Come on. Do it. I dare you. Do you really have it in you to stand up for yourself? Have I finally angered you to the point of no return, Jervis? Hit me. I'm right here. I'm giving you a chance to prove to me you are not weak and cowering in everyone else's presence. Show me I'm wrong, Jervis!

Then the anger seemed to subside into a restrained screaming. Though it was another long, sad story at least there was something resembling emotion behind it. Still, even when he was finished hollering he was passive yet again. Turning as if to walk away from her like magma bubbling toward the surface but never erupting. Just creating more pressure and tension. Never going away. It was like kicking a dog that would do nothing but give a glare in return. She was tired of dealing with an animal that never bit back. Ever.

"What's the matter? I've got you all heated up and you've got nothing? Let it all out, Jervis. Hit me. Come on," She challenged as if she were back at home settling a dispute in the arena. It seemed the only natural solution. The duke it out and get it over and done with. Kaie followed after him as she spoke, encouraging him to finally turn around and do something. Something. There was something vital to be taught here. All she needed was for him to initiate the lesson.

"Oh so you're going to walk away? Let me walk all over you again? Maybe that's why you couldn't get a single woman in all of Sultros," She said brutally, straight forward as always. She knew what she was doing and there was no other way.

Hit me, Jervis. Go on and try.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on September 5th, 2013, 1:39 am

OOC(First post with Edreina's new code and pics wanted to make sure her fine work was appreciated by you all. Also didn't want you to think I could create a work of art so great all by myself. Thank you again Edreina. Now I humbly continue |:))

"What's the matter? I've got you all heated up and you've got nothing? Let it all out, Jervis. Hit me. Come on," Kaie challenged as if she were back at home settling a dispute in the arena.

She chased behind him trying to drag this reaction out of him just as Coli had so long ago. She had succeeded, though he knew Kaie wouldn't, not with his promise and the obvious risks. He knew not giving in was going to be more trouble than it was worth more than likely, so prepared him for what he must do to defend himself. She may even kill him or abandon him here so he prepared himself for that as well.

"Oh so you're going to walk away? Let me walk all over you again? Maybe that's why you couldn't get a single woman in all of Sultros," Kaie added brutally, straight forward as always. She knew what she was doing and there was no other way.

Jervis may have laughed at that moment if he wasn't using his all to contain his demon.

Could the woman I'd been admiring really be so blind, So stupid. Using something like that in a group may have worked better but here ... now. It was pitiful after what he'd been but through really and for a moment he understood how Kaie must see him. She stumbled blindly through her taunts as he did through the woods. He thought to himself continuing on about his task.

She stopped and he followed suit turning to face her staring blankly but with determination to continue in his eyes. Eagerness for the fight she thought close at hand burning in her eyes. Still that would not happen tonight even though they both wanted it he knew. It was too dangerous for him as well as her. If he lost control he could lose himself.

Jervis stared blankly at her for a moment before finally deciding what to say to hopefully stop this nonsense. "Kaie I cannot, You stumble blindly through your taunts as I do through the woods. You know not about me and what I have endured somewhat and you come at me with that, I'd laugh if I had the energy. I wish I could be like you and just lose control and let the world deal with the consequences. I admire that." The last words coming out at her mockingly like a spear thrust in his current state. He had not the energy to deal with her nonsense for a change.

"Kaie, you are on a dangerous path, in terrain you do not understand nor do I think you could. If you want to fight, Just ask but tonight you will only get half my heart in it. I have duties to attend as not to slow you down any further than I already have. I know your going to hit me for saying this but I never thought I'd see such weakness in you." Jervis's words dribbled out in monotone, exhaustion obvious in his voice. He braced himself for the blow he felt sure would come seconds from now.

"Jervis's Speech" -- "Jervis's Thoughts"

Last edited by Jervis Hill on September 5th, 2013, 3:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
"They call me the wisest of all greeks because I alone admit, I know nothing." - Socrates [/size]
Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaie on September 5th, 2013, 2:31 am

She almost fell to her knees to rejoice in the name of whatever god or goddess could've possibly been responsible for the final, much needed turn of events. Kaie's act of bitter anger receded from her features, a broad grin and bright eyes replacing it. She eyed the man proudly with an approving nod of her head. Oddly enough his words hadn't taken even a slice out of her, even if that was their intent. She basked in them like they were a miraculous blessing. She supposed that maybe they were.

Finally! He did it! It's a shame it took so much petching effort...

Pleased she patted him lightly on the shoulder, flashing him another grin and looking up at the fading sun like she was about to let out some long prayer of gratitude.

"Goddess, I thought you'd never grow a spine. Thank you! You know I almost thought you were about to apologize for a minute," She jested, letting any hostility in her body language fade away. Though his attempts at insulting her were, well, weak at best, it was good enough. No doubt she would gladly beat the pulp out of him if it was a fight he was interested in, but that was never her intention from the start. Had he really driven her that insane after only a few weeks on a season long journey, that she had to resort to such barbaric means? It was truly unbecoming of her and she hated her forced behavior. Yet it was necessary and that was enough reason for her to brush it off.

"And for the record I know this terrain quite well actually. It practically sings to me now," She shrugged with a crooked grin, walking toward the horses herself. She could hear the brute of a beast that she rode pawing anxiously at the dirt. Surely growing a bit nervous by the shouts though from the story she was told, he had become familiar with the bloodcurdling scream of his previous rider. Perhaps now that she knew Jervis was at least capable of conviction, she might not follow suit.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on September 5th, 2013, 2:52 am

Jervis cast his head back and laughed as well. He couldn't help it after Kaie's words and his genuine mirth at the situation. She'd just wanted him to stand up to her, well why hadn't she just asked, He thought he made it obvious that he'd obey her word as law from bringing him along even with using his Isurian war art to defend himself in this barbarian world.

"If you'd just wanted me to stand up to you, fight you or insult you could have just said so you petching bitch. I've been trying everything I can think of to get you to open up in this way and this." Jervis said before collapsing onto the ground in fits of laughter it was just to bizarre to be anything but funny to him really.

"I've been mining you through observation ... trying to learn something ... and all you wanted. Oh gods Kaie this is funny." Jervis said through fits of laughter before finally finding his knees and wiping some tears away. Jervis found his feet swaying slightly as he did so from exhaustion. He moved instinctually towards the horses to complete his duties before resting all while looking at Kaie with a renewed wonder in his eyes. She'd been standoffish all this time for this, Myrian culture must really be a wondrous thing.

Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kaie on September 7th, 2013, 1:41 am

The Myrian woman just shook her head at the laughing man on the ground, strolling toward the beast of a horse within the brush. When she reached it, she approached it carefully from its side. Kaie then patted its sides, listening to it snort and paw at the earth impatiently. Without looking, she again spoke in reply to the ridiculous Isur.

"Oh for petch sake, I shouldn't have to tell you to think for yourself. Now come tend the horses and get some sleep. I'll take first watch," She rewarded with a roll of her eyes, sliding a hand down her mount's nose and walking back toward the fire. She brushed past him with a departing smile, letting him know it was nonnegotiable. After all he had taken a large step that night. The least she could do was gift him with a little bit of sleep. They would have a long day ahead of them.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jervis Hill on September 7th, 2013, 2:32 am

"Of course Kaie. Wake me when it's my turn." With that he turned and set about his grooming duties, Working diligently despite his exhaustion. He finished quickly and returned to the camp collapsing in his tent in a heap.

It's been a long exhausting day but he'd made progress, True progress so he was indeed happy as he lay snuggled in his bed roll. He wanted to wash in the waterfall as Kaie did but had not the energy tonight. Maybe in the morning he thought as he drifted merrily to sleep.

Jervis Hill
Pain in the Butt

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Sunset Falls] Beneath a Watery Veil of Gold (Jervis)

Postby Kaie on October 5th, 2013, 4:31 pm

She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the guy, shaking her head slowly once more. Still the corners of her lips were turned up just enough to convey her amusement. Kaie picked up a long, broken, fallen tree branch laying along the needle covered earth. Sighing softly, she prodded at the fire a few times. It was going to be a long night. That was certain.

Oh don't you worry, I sure as petch will.

The woman was tired. Whether she was exhausted from the trip or the guy's unusual tendencies, she couldn't decide. Jervis sure was..Unique. That was putting it softly. She'd never spoken or even heard of someone who behaved like him. It was just this weird aura that changed her, too. It changed the way she acted, the way she talked to people (more notably, how she talked to him). She hated it, too. And did she mention she was tired?

Gazing out in the night, listening and watching for a disturbance, Kaie almost wanted to groan audibly. She stared forward with longing. A burning in her arose that made her restless. Anxious. They had met with a caravan prior to their meeting, but it was clear only one of them was suited for the life outside the city. It wasn't the jungle, true, but she was used to hardship. She'd been travelling ever since she turned fifteen. Never had she had a companion who lagged so far behind the rest. Kaie couldn't figure out who was more foolish, Jervis for hanging so slowly behind, or herself for being "civilized" and waiting for him. The caravan had to be at least half a day ahead of them. Surely they could catch up tomorrow. For now she need only worry about the unknown things in the dark. And that alone was a good enough anchor to root the warrior in place. That wasn't to say she wasn't counting down the minutes until she could finally rest...

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Sunset Falls] Beneath a Watery Veil of Gold (Jervis)

Postby Radiant on October 8th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Kaie :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Teaching +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bathing In The Sunset Falls
Jervis: The Peeping Isurian Tom
Jervis' Funny Story
Jervis: What A Wimp
Goading Jervis

Loots

Notes :
That was amusing. Kaie sure is a tiger-lady. :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous