Closed Just Desserts [Mirage]

Anna learns the meaning of 'you reap what you sow'.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Just Desserts [Mirage]

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 30th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Anna listened intently throughout Amaryllis' quick instruction, committing every detail to memory. She'd need to remember what exactly the method was in order to record it in a detailed way. Her earlier comprehension of the techniques reflected in this instruction, giving her confidence that she could easily utilize these talents to combat Daren's influence. Of course, she still needed to worry about the how of killing him. Breathing res down his throat was unlikely to be an option at the moment, cursing seemed much safer to her person. Though... perhaps she might be able to take advantage of his interest in her, giving in seemingly willingly. It was a risky proposition and would require further observation and investigation, along with meticulous planning.

She reclined in her chair after the instructional ended, the techniques already committed to memory. She'd need to erase this whole event from her mind, recording useful information from the exchange beforehand and suppressing the location of her notes with the 'Hint'. Anna was still musing over possible locations to hide the notes, nearly smacking her forehead as she realized her thinking resembled that of a clueless and frightened girl. She was a reimancer, she could simply transmute a section of her floor to air, place her notes in the hole, and replace it with earth like nothing had ever happened. The fact that it had not occurred to her earlier was mildly irritating.

This whole situation was making her thoughts cloudy, annoyingly so. Fear was an alien emotion after so long of being feared by others, it tickled her heart uncomfortably and made her stomach uneasy. She was locked in a fight for her very life against a psychopath, a very dangerous psychopath who could alter memories. Fear would have been natural for even the most emotionless follower of Gnora, yet beneath the fear was a sick kind of thrill. This was exciting, chaotic, and engaging on some levels. It was a test of her wits and worth, not just as a wizard but as a servant of the Lord of Lies.

Anna considered Amaryllis' question, in truth she had plenty of questions and they would likely breed further ones once answered. However, there were only a few that seemed extremely prevalent to her current plans and plots. The Courtyard was going to be a place to visit in the future, possibly with Kouri along as long as she kept the child in the dark about her brewing battle. Other than that, a lead or two outside of it would be helpful.

"Fire is my specialty, Amaryllis so no worries in that regards. I suppose I have a couple of questions to needle you with. After that I'll leave and start my preparations, either he'll be dead or you'll be repeating this with another fresh body." The wizard said, chuckling despite the gravity of the situation.

"You mentioned other women he'd taken interest in. I suppose it would be a good assumption to believe he raped and murdered them. How do you think he would react if one came to him more willingly?" The wizard inquired simply.

Anna had slept with a couple of East Street whores before, had a couple of flings in the University, and dominated an unfortunate kelvic that had happened along her path during a practice session. Sex was not a sacred bond in her mind by any stretch of the imagination, it was a release for pent up stress and little else. If sleeping with her enemy made it easier to kill him then that was what she'd do, besides curses were much easier to impart with close proximity. Anna wondered if his touch was as effective as his eyes or words.

"Also, you mentioned that Qiao was his patron. Are there any political opponents of his that would benefit from the hypnotist vanishing?" The wizard asked.

The politics of this situation required a delicate touch as well, especially sense Daren possessed such a powerful patron. Killing him was pointless if she didn't have a way to escape the political back blow, she'd be as good as dead either way.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Just Desserts [Mirage]

Postby Mirage on October 1st, 2013, 5:31 pm

Amaryllis gave pause to this question, thinking over her answer before speaking, "I cannot say for sure, however, the wiles of women have through out history been known to turn the tides of war. Perhaps this might be so in this case as well."

At Anna's next question Amaryllis' lips broke into a smile, and she chuckled, "Indeed there are... When chance is given you speak with Roknus Maelstrom in the Elements Sanctum on the 7th level of the Caverns. I am certain he will have many words to say of our dear Daren." She would offer no more information than this, only telling Anna that she should speak with Maelstrom herself. Her smile never faded though, and she seemed quite amused with the entire prospect.

Flicking a few more marks on a scrap sheet of parchment Amaryllis looked up from her work,
"Now then, I believe our business for today is concluded. I trust I will speak with you again soon Annalisa, and I do hope you survive the night." Her eyes went back to her work as she began scribbling once more, "Make haste now. You have little time, and I even less. It was a rather unceremonious dismissal, but it was clear in her tone that their meeting was over. Her attention was fully on her work once more, and she had lost all interest in the pulser before her. However, as Annalisa made her way out of the office Amaryllis would lift her eyes once more and smile, "May Rhysol guide you well." before the door to her office closed on its own.

OOCOK! I think one more post from you and then I will give you your grade :)

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Just Desserts [Mirage]

Postby Annalisa Marin on October 1st, 2013, 6:09 pm

The first answer seemed helpful to a limited degree, more confirming that it was a possible path open to her than anything else. It was nice to have options, especially when it came down to disposing of a dangerous hypnotist. Seduction wasn't her first option, but if it seemed like the best one she figured that things could very well be handled worse. Tact was the key here, as satisfying as it would be to melt his face off it was not a feasible method considering his power.

The second answer definitely held promise though, a name and a location for her to visit. Unfortunately, she'd need to wait for her Judgment to be concluded before possibly visiting said Roknus Maelstrom. Judging from the name he was likely a very cheerful fellow. The Elemental Sanctum... the name pretty much told her outright that it involved Reimancy in some way. As such it was likely she, a powerful reimancer, would have other cause to visit beyond discussing Daren.

Amaryllis seemed amused about the whole thing, which Anna took as being good for her. The Embalmer wanted Daren eliminated as much as she did, as such it was unlikely treachery was going to result from her advice. Though, her personal stake was still unknown here. Why did she care so much about eliminating Daren? Had he crossed her at some point? Or was it something much more deep and sinister? Considering her dismissal she was unlikely to get answers here at the moment, such things could be pondered later when she was writing this all down in her room.

Anna stood and inclined her head slightly at Amaryllis' dismissal, turning to leave the office. Her choice of words seemed odd near the end, what did she mean by saying she had little time? Anna was the one being chased by an insane hypnotist, one that would probably kill her if she made one misstep. The Nuit seemed safe considering Anna was going to wipe her memory of this event after recording it and hiding the documents under her floor.

Just before the door closed the wizard heard another thing that made her blood run cold. She knew. She knew!

Petch. Petch, petch, petch! How? She thought, having frozen just outside of the Embalmer's office.

Anna thought back, thinking of any indications she might have given the Embalmer of her true nature. She hadn't seen the scar, she hadn't been curse, she'd revealed some abilities of her mark but surely that couldn't be enough. It didn't really matter, Amaryllis knew what she was and that alone was leverage in the favor of the Embalmer. Being known as a Chaon was a very dangerous proposition, it was bad enough Daren apparently knew but Amaryllis was an entirely different story. How long would it be before that knowledge slipped from her lips? How long until another potential apprentice wandered in here, coaxing the information from the Nuit who found Anna had outlived her usefulness.

They were extremely paranoid thoughts, but Anna knew that they were certainly possibilities after what happened here today. She shook her head, deciding that she had one more thing to add to her recordings tonight. It was a delicate line she walked, a dance unfamiliar to her legs. If today had taught her anything it was that nothing on Sahova was as it first appeared, only by looking deeper would true meanings begin to manifest.

With a last glace over her shoulder at the door, Anna strode out of the large doors of the Palsa Hydrasa. Her steps carried purpose, but seemed much more carefully measured than when she had first entered. Her grip on the parchment was tight, already going through what needed to be written down. This battle was going to be unfamiliar, but she would succeed, the other alternative was death.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Just Desserts [Mirage]

Postby Mirage on October 1st, 2013, 6:34 pm

Annalisa

XP:
Rhetoric: 1

Lores:
Layout of the Palsa Hydrasa
Amaryllis: Cheif Embalmer
Amaryllis: Shrewed Politician
Amaryllis: One Favor Owed
Daren Marlow: Crazy Hypnotist
Daren Marlow: Can alter Memories
Daren Marlow: Hypnotic Protege
A Hint in the Courtyard
Lector Qiao: Leader of the Council of Five
'Hint' Technique
Altering Memories
Introduction to Wizard Politics
Roknus Maelstrom: Visit him in the Caverns
Half-closed Eye: Symbol of a Hypnotist
Sahova Rings: Quality of metal shows status
Never Rely on Assumptions

Additional:
The following day Anna will wake up with no recollection of speaking with Amaryllis. She will recall all of her feelings for Daren Marlow up to when she went to the Palsa Hydrasa, and she will recall seeing the Chief Embalmer to treat her wound. No details of the event can be recalled, and she will have no suspicions of Daren at all. She will, however, have a strange urge to check a certain spot in the floor of her room.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous