PM to join In Search of Webbing (Rue Nightsong)

Fallan seeks the Webbers of the Clan Pavilion to locate his family

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

In Search of Webbing (Rue Nightsong)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on September 25th, 2013, 11:00 am

Fallan

He was rebuffed far more gently than he had expected, indeed he was a little surprised that she still stood there with him.

"Ah thank you," he replied glancing over in the direction that he'd been headed, confirming his assumption that he'd been close. Soon a message would be sent to his family notifying them of his arrival, though he was slightly unsure what form the response would be.

"Your help would be appreciated," he said fully confident that he didn't need it, but not wishing to end this encounter quite so soon. "But it will place me further in your debt and I am not in a hurry. Perhaps if you show me, and then I can buy you that drink?" It was true enough that he was not in a dire hurry to send the message and he was also aware that she must have had her own task which he was delaying.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naiya on September 25th, 2013, 12:25 pm

He seemed almost surprised that she lingered, probably assuming she was more the lady that was expected of her than she really was. She would do her best though to dispell the pretense. She wasn't without her ideas of what was proper, but the company to be kept at home had long since done away with the frills that some women clung so tightly to.

Rue considered his offer for a moment. She was not expected home so soon, for she often worked from sunup to sundown, and an excuse to avoid the place a little longer was always welcome. She glanced at the man once again, he was, she noted, better kept than she had originally thought, although he seemed a little worn around the edges. Whether by life or lack of care she wasn't sure, but then again, did it matter?

"I suppose, if you can be convinced to ignore the dirt, I could be convinced that it wasn't too early for a drink." She teased, a grin spreading across her lips.

Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on September 25th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Fallan

"The list of things I can ignore just now is very long indeed," he replied with a grin. "A drink in the company of a beautiful woman is also far better than being berated by an irate webber for wasting his time."

He glanced around, and realised that he would only be guessing as to where they might find that drink. "It has been years since I last visited Baultimes. I don't suppose that you know the way there, or somewhere else if you know better? I've drunk some foul brews in my travels and I'm looking forward to something decent."

He was imposing again, relying upon her expertise on how the camp was currently laid out, but he did not think that she would mind.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on September 25th, 2013, 11:25 pm

Rue ignored the heat that touched her cheeks once more at the compliment, instead curtsying deeply holding up the hem of imaginary skirts as she nodded regally. "Happy to be of service, sir." She only just managed to keep a straight face as she continued to speak.

"It's not been quite so long since my last visit there, but long enough that I can only guess." She looked down the small alley between tents that had provided their shelter. "Let's start by going this way, and then we can hope that my intuition doesn't lead us astray."

She laughed softly as she began to move down away from the hub-like area that was Fallan's final destination, instead moving towards the working districts, somewhere near the middle of which, Baultimes Barrel was sure to be found.

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallan Windchaser on September 26th, 2013, 8:57 pm

He accepted her statement as true enough for the tent city was always transitory, both in location and in people. His own family would be here soon, at least he hoped so, but then would be gone again, back to the land that they roamed upon.

He followed her down the gap between tents, trusting her natural instinct as to where they were heading. "So then Rue," he commented, "where have your family been hiding you that I know you not and you are not sure where Baultimes may be found?" It was an innocent question, for he was still very much curious as to where she was from.

Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on September 27th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Rue shrugged, making a noncommittal sound. "I work a lot." She told him. It was true enough, though not the reason she tended not to see men or go out. "And I'm told drinking is not ladylike." She glanced back at him with a grin, hands signing 'all the more reason'.

"But I don't think that's the reason we haven't met, you seem as though you've only just arrived in Endrykas, I'd imagine that has more to do with it than not." She let her words hang as they came to where she expected to find Baultime's.

Unfortunately, the bright colors of the well loved tavern did not appear before them as she had hoped, although from the looks of the place before them, she had led them to some sort of tavern. She reached up to run a hand through her hair, her windarks peaking once more from the neckline of her tunic, and turned to look apologetically at Fallan.
Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallan Windchaser on September 28th, 2013, 4:24 pm

One part of the camp might look like another to a stranger and Fallan had yet to find his bearings in the current layout, but even he could sense the changes as they moved through.

If he found her answer evasive he thought no more of it than he would any woman wishing to retain her privacy with a stranger, and he'd asked as much for the conversation as for wishing a true answer.

He grinned at her and nodded. "Well perhaps that is true enough, I have not been in Endrykas for years and even before that my family only spends time in the city in this Season."

"But even so, I still cannot allow myself to believe that I would not have noticed even a young girl with hair the colour of yours."
He glanced around them. "No, I think that your father got fed up with all the boys hanging around," he teased, "and hid you from us so that he could sleep without all the sighing of heart broken boys coming from around the Pavilion walls."

He shrugged at the tent in front of them. "I guess that we should test the ale before we dismiss it from our search of a decent brew. What takes your fancy?"

Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on October 1st, 2013, 4:28 pm

Rue found herself laughing once more as Fallan described the scenario that he suspected led to them having not met. She left the words to stand, as they were closer to the truth than anything she would have told him. She did not intend to deceitful, rather it wasn't talk for the lighthearted mood they shared, let alone talk for a stranger.

"Usually mead, but I like to think you get a better feel for a place by trying their ale." She watched for the other's reaction to her words, for more often than not in her experience, people thought the opposite.

"I suppose, the worst that could happen is we both decide that the place is no good, but then we have all the more to talk about after."

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallan Windchaser on October 1st, 2013, 9:31 pm

It was good to once more walk amongst his people and to laugh with someone who shared his background and understood the same jokes. That he walked with a young and attractive red head was a special bonus and one that he appreciated all the more.

"Mead?" He raised an eyebrow, for it was a drink that he rarely drank. He considered the idea and shrugged. "Ale it is then, and we can pray that our discussion is about how we must find our way back here again." With a smile he led the way into the tavern and drawing the attention of whoever was serving ordered two ales.

"Have you ever been to Zeltiva?" He asked the question to pass the time whilst they waited for the drink to be delivered.
Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Naiya on October 2nd, 2013, 1:48 pm

Rude took a seat at the bar, turning out to face the entrance as she answered his questions. "The woman who taught me to sew always used to slip me sips of her drink, and she had a preference for mead. I guess I acquired the taste for it from her." She hardly looked at the server Fallan spoke to, assuming that if he approved of the looks of the person, it would be good enough for her.

"I used to go with my father and uncle when they would visit cities for trade, it was how I picked up Common, but they never let me travel outside of Cyphrus. Too dangerous for a girl, or something else silly like that. Have you spent a lot of time there? In Zeltiva?"

Naiya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext