PM to join In Search of Webbing (Rue Nightsong)

Fallan seeks the Webbers of the Clan Pavilion to locate his family

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

In Search of Webbing (Rue Nightsong)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on November 18th, 2013, 9:29 pm

She made him laugh and shake his head. ”Ah, why would I not be disappointed? This day I learn that one of the families has been hiding away its daughters, how else would you think I should react?” His tone was far more cheerful than his words might suggest and the grin on his face did nothing to add gravity to his words.

”Syna mocks us, those of us who must find partners so that our families can continue and so that our hearts should not remain empty. We drink and mope, cursing the fact that every woman who is not yet taken has the face a mule would be apologetic for, and yet here we are and the truth is revealed at last!”

He allowed the change in subject, knowing when it was necessary to give out slack on the lead rein if there was any hope of a mare to come back on her own accord, and covered the gap in conversation with another drink of his ale, though he drank less of it than it appeared.

”Sadly I think that you are right on this though,” he continued. ”I would not dare visit the webbers now, for who could say what I might end up asking for when I’m barely able to string two words together. No I think it might be safer to remain here.” He picked up his ale and then looked over the top of it at Rue,

”So you know of my interest in trading, what is that you do whilst trapped inside that pavilion if you don’t mind my asking?” It was much the same question but rephrased in a different way and he was as curious to see if she would fence with him and dodge the answer as we was in what it might be that she might do.

Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naiya on December 31st, 2013, 7:46 pm

She shook her head, trying to clear it of errant thoughts. She didn't have much to share, nothing that was conversation to share with someone she had just met. At least, not along the lines she figured he was looking for.

"I help with household chores and tend to the younger kids sometimes. The girls have so much hair between the four of them, it takes a small army to care for it. They all have to have their hair braided up, since Laurana took up dying clothing." She fingered the hair that fell just to her elbows, a small grimace falling across her features. "We had to cut mine when it got into a pot of green dye. How the pot ended up at my bedside is still a mystery," She laughed softly, "but the green had to be cut off to save the rest of my hair."

Her drink sat forgotten beside her as her mind wandered through the things that go on inside her pavilion. "I train with the men of the family most days, and we look after a small herd of horses. It's pretty uneventful for the most part."

Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallan Windchaser on January 6th, 2014, 11:50 pm

He smiled as she spoke for he was sure as much as she likely was that it was no accident that dye, something of a precious resource, would not occidentally be found anywhere. It seemed that someone in her pavilion was of a mischievous bent but it was too early to know if Rue might be the butt of something malicious or was merely being served her just deserts for her own adventures.

He admired her for the humour with which she was able to recount the episode to him and it showed that she had a strength which he lacked, for had that happened to him then he'd not have taken it lightly, even in hindsight.

He suspected that he'd allowed the drink to free his mouth more than she appreciated but it was a little too late to wish for a new beginning, so he nodded instead.

"Life in the Pavilion can be tedious if you let it for the routines can be unremitting and it can wear the spirit out of you if you let it." His words were serious even if his expression was not quite so for he refused to let his doubts quench the enjoyment that he'd had in her company.

"Which in part why I escaped when I could and only now has duty brought me back." He grinned, "of course the question though is for how long? How long will I stay before I escape again?" He sipped at his drink and slouched back in his seat, nursing the ale to him. "But when I go, will I go alone or in the company of a beautiful woman, now that is the real question." He wasn't entirely serious, and he wasn't normally quite so free or garrulous either, but the moment seemed right.

Fallan Windchaser
Rider in the dark

Words: 231014
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2009, 12:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naiya on July 21st, 2014, 4:40 pm

Rue eyed the man in silence a moment, reminded by his words that he was a stranger despite the familiarity with which he spoke. He was though, a handsome Drykas man, and Drykas were of a good kind of people.

All the same, was he asking if she would run off with him when his work in the city was through? This man in his relaxed pose acted as though to ask this was nothing, was commonplace. It was a far cry from Rue's sense of normal, and yet she found herself considering. Would it be so bad to leave with this man? To wonder through lands far from her with him?

The travel was surely something she could embrace, to escape her pavilion and explore the world that had been cut out of her life so long ago. Her thoughts drifted along this path a moment longer before the real question struck. If she left with him, what would he expect of her?

She took yet another moment to consider her next words before she expressed them to Falllan. Her hands signed tentatively words of curiosity and hesitant excitement.

"Surely you did not mean that as it sounds?" Her words were a contrast to the signing, but she must be careful of listening ears. "If someone overheard, they might be inclined to believe you'd just asked me to run away with you."

Her attempt to come across facetiously was weakened by the hint of hopefulness in her signing and in her voice. She could hardly help herself though, with her life strangled as it was by the hold of her family, how could she not be tempted by any such offer?

Despite what may follow her mind was set, she could see a new path unfolding before her. Even if this particular Drykas man was insincere in his offer, there were many that came to Endrykas for only business and left again as quickly as they arrived.

Would it matter that they were strangers? More likely than not, it would be of little cause for worry. Once safely through the sea of grass, surely she could fend for herself if needed.

She hovered in her mind longer than was strictly polite, and with a blush she realized she was getting ahead of herself. She returned herself to the present with a soft smile meant to appear teasing to follow her words. Her hands moved to her drink, tracing the shape of the mug to keep from showing her nervous excitement.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Khida on November 12th, 2014, 3:31 am

Fallan Windchaser

Skill Points
Flirting +5
Socialization +5
  • Flirting: a bold invitation
  • Flirting: the liberal use of compliments
  • Flirting: the melodramatic method
  • Rue Nightsong: prefers mead
  • Rue Nightsong: daughter of a merchant Pavilion
  • Rue Nightsong: an attractive red-head

Rue Nightsong

Skill Points
Flirting +2
Socialization +5
  • Fallan Windchaser: a far-ranging traveler
  • Fallan Windchaser: a gracious gentleman
  • Fallan Windchaser: maker of a tempting offer
  • Flirting: a teasing acceptance
  • Syliras: like a rock full of beetles
  • Zeltiva: home to seaweed ale

Notes

It's too bad this thread didn't get finished! Looking back, I wonder how differently Rue's story might have gone if she had taken Fallan up on his offer. Another thing we shall never know.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade. Also, Rue, please edit your request to show this thread has been graded.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)