Completed A Day With Sei

Rod & Sei head to the Pit for another sparring session

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Day With Sei

Postby Roderick on September 25th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Twisting his wrist Roderick parried the blow meant for his side, raising his shield to ward away the other attack Sei attempted after. Why the Kelvic was trying to use two weapons at once he didn't know; either way it was proving to be an annoying trial. Lifting his leg the Kelvic tried for a kick to the head, but the hunter just stepped out of range. The theatrics were a little much, he thought, but he didn't waste any time letting his partner know; a slash from his opponent's dagger forced him to move his shield in to drive it away, although he barely managed the move. Right afterward Sei sent the flat of his sword against Roderick's shield, knocking it aside and leaving his guard open.

Instead of panicking the Zeltivan lashed out with his own weapon, aiming the blunted edge at the Kelvic's shoulder; he moved as though he were going for a shield bash, then pretended he was going to slash again with his sword, but in the end he delivered a quick kick to the shin and a stab from his right hand. Feeling the weight in his arms he stepped back and bit his tongue; he couldn't afford to give in now, right in the middle of their sparring. Forcing his arms to remain in position made them ache all the more, but he ignored the pain and carried on with what he was doing, striking out with a quick slash and then an arcing blow aimed at the belly.

Roderick edged himself about to the left so that Sei was facing towards his shield, then advanced a pace and jabbed out with his blade, withdrawing back to where he was before. The weight of the shield was increasing and his arm was slowly falling lower and lower; unlike the one he had been using the day before, this shield was rather heavy. Regretting his choice now, but having no way to go back on it, the hunter bit down on his complaints and forced his arm back up into position.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Sei Tendo on September 25th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Sei twisted a bit, avoiding the first strike without force, and hopped back. He could see throught the movement, and just as Roderick was about to connect with his shin, he jumped forward at an awkward angle, and punched Roderick in the stomach. He had dodged the second wave by his leap forward, but his position mean't he nor Roderick could use their larger weapons. He brought his dagger pommel hopefully to his opponents head, and shifted his weight to step on Rods' left foot.

He bounced back, sheathed his dagger, and watched Roderick carefully. Sweat trickled down his back, but he continued to keep his ground. By now he started to notice the way Rods' sheild arm was drooping, and he knew that his opponent was forcing himself. He sheathed his short sword, and signalled Roderick to switch his shield. "No point in continuing if your getting tired of holding your weapon." He said. He shoed Roderick toward the rack.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Roderick on September 25th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Sei jumped at an awkward angle to avoid Roderick's kick, then punched him in the stomach. The strike connected against the metal of his lamellar, doing no damage to him but making him sway slightly. As the Kelvic moved in for another pommel blow to the head, he near effortlessly drove it away; the move was getting old now and the hunter had worked out the best way to stop it with his shield. Moving in to step on his foot, Roderick moved the limb out of the way and shoved his partner back.

The Kelvic bounced about as he slid his dagger away and gestured towards the weapon racks, having decided that Roderick was too tired to continue fighting with his chosen weapons. Not wanting to put up the shield but feeling the strain in his arm, he decided to set it aside for now; placing it down a few feet away he took the hilt of his blade in both hands, feeling the strain in his arm lessen as the swords weight was divided between both arms. He gave an experimental swing to make sure his grip on the sword was alright, then stuck the point into the dirt and stretched his back out and groaned. Holding his weapon in one hand for a moment, the hunter pointed at Sei's knife, "Get rid of that thing before you take my eye out with it." With both hands back on the hilt he took a step forwards and swung out with it, feeling the power behind the strike as the edge, though dulled from use, cut through the air cleanly.

Not caring if the strike landed, he carried on with another, then another. After the flurry of blows he withdrew and signaled for Sei to stop for a moment. Roderick knew that the Kelvic's weapon had a great advantage in terms of speed and so his own sword would have trouble keeping up with it. He did remember certain things about what you could do with a sword, and he put one thing he'd heard into practice; placing a glove hand just above the crossguard, with the other below on the hilt, he gave a practice swing. Most of the power had gone from it, but moving it about seemed far easier. Half-handing was the name for it, he remembered.
Last edited by Roderick on October 14th, 2013, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Sei Tendo on September 25th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Sei hadn't had time to put the dagger away, and instead used it to block the oncoming swings from Rodericks' bastard. At the last swing, it was nearly knocked out of his hand. When Roderick stepped back, Sei switched from dagger to short sword, and watched as Roderick tried something with his blade. He stepped toward Roderick, and gave the short sword a light swing, and watched as it glided effortlessly through the air. The sword only needed light swings to go full speed, and was just as dangerous as Rods' bastard. The only difference was Roderick had to use more effort to swing his sword. Refocusing his attention, he finished his swing and went in for another.

He feigned to the left, going right instead, and drove the short sword blade flat into Rods' right side. "Aww c'mon! There's no way I'd hurt you that bad." He teased. Driving his foot into Rodericks leg, he hoped to get him off balance. In doing so, he made a swing for the back of his kneecap.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Roderick on September 30th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Without the time needed to sheath his knife, the Kelvic defended himself against the attacks moving towards him using the small blade - an admirable feat, given the weight of the hunter's sword. As the final blow landed Sei's weapon was almost forced from his hand. Roderick adjusted his hold on his weapon and then the fight continued. With a few steps the Kelvic drew near and lashed out with his short sword, a blow that the Zeltivan stopped fairly easily. Feigning to the left before moving right, Tendo drove the flat of his blade at the hunter's side; a quick step and movement of his weapon directed most of the force away, but set the blade ringing as metal clashed against metal.

"Aww c'mon! There's no way I'd hurt you that bad." Teasingly the Kelvic spoke, swinging his foot out at the back of Roderick's leg; it caught him in the side of the leg instead, sending an unwanted shudder through the injured limb. With a quick movement the hunter sent his weapon out in a savage arc before him, then raised it overhead for a downward slice, followed by an upper cut. He was slowly remembering some of the different movements involved, though it'd take weeks of training to give him a decent level of confidence with his weapon.

Roderick stepped forward and used both hands to send out an arcing strike out at Sei, then reigned the blade in by grabbing it about the blade, positioning it to defend any attacks before lunging forward with the end. Done with that round of attacks he paced around the Kelvic and took another swing, then paced back to where he had been before. His arms were feeling the weight of the blade by now, tiring at the effort involved with swinging the weapon around so quickly; he was out of shape, he felt.
Last edited by Roderick on October 14th, 2013, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Sei Tendo on October 14th, 2013, 12:04 am

Roderick blocked Sei's first strike with his blade, and watched as Roderick winced as his foot connected with he side of his leg. Brining his sword in line with his shoulders, he deflected Rod's arc, but swayed to the right to narrowly avoid getting his head crushed. He felt the air leave him when Roderick countered with a unexpected upper cut. He let out a low gasp, and straightened his stance.

He held his short sword in a vice grip, and tried his best to knock away the next sword strike. He watched carefully as Rod drew in the blade and made a defensive stance, but quickly aborted by taking another swing. Sei tried his best to ignore the clang of the clashing swords, and winced as he realized his arms beginning to droop.

He took a step back, and shook his arm out, trying to release some tension, and began to step in toward his opponent. He watched Rods every move, and slid in with a punch to the stomach before making a loose swing of his sword.

SEI TENDO
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Roderick on October 19th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Their dance was rough around the edges, but no less taxing than it would have been for anyone else. As they exchanged blows the two of them were gradually improving, though at times the difference seemed rather marginal. His arms were beginning to tingle and burn, while a layer of sweat had formed across his skin, turning his flesh warm and clammy. Roderick felt that he had finally found something he could do with Sei where he didn't end up with a bunch of aching bruises the day after because the Kelvic was being too rough. As the chimes went by the effort of swinging his sword around became an increasingly difficult endeavour, but the Zeltivan clenched his jaw and weathered on through the session, which was becoming increasingly difficult as time wore on. His arms were holding up well beneath the strains of wielding his sword, but the rest of his body was beginning to struggle.

As Sei moved in to attack again, Roderick stepped backwards to avoid the Kelvic's punch, but failing; as his partner's fist slammed into his armour, knocking him back further, he brought his weapon up to parry the strike that followed. As the two blades connected he locked his arms, attempting to catch the opposing weapon and hold it in place. It slid up the length of his own steel, towards the crossguard. Twisting his wrist, he made to keep the weapon locked in place, while he punched out with a left handed blow intended to knock his opponent away. Clenching his sword more tightly he began tugging at it, planning on wrenching it free of the Kelvic's so he could make a downward swing at Tendo's chest.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Sei Tendo on October 19th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Sei tried his best to force back Roderick's bastard, but he managed to keep a grip on it, and there was nothing he could do but fiddle with the short sword in the hope of freeing it. He battled to keep his arms from dropping, and tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword. He was coated in sweast, and could hear his uneven breathing. He was also sure Roderick was about the same, and tried his best to put more force behind his blade.

He put both hands on the hilt, and was caught of guard by the swift punch from Rods free hand. He backed away from Roderick, his sword slipping away from his opponents, and when he tried to defend against the slash from Rod at his chest, his arms finally gave in, and the sword was knocked from his hands.

His breathing heavy, and his face coated in sweat, he said the only thing he could.
"Shyke.."

SEI TENDO
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Roderick on October 19th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Bodies shaking and covered in sweat, and their breathing ragged, the two novice fighters found their battle ending rather abruptly; staring in surprise at Sei, Roderick felt his breathing stop and he gave a look of disbelief at the Kelvic. Turning his eyes to his opponent's blade, lying in the dirt where it had landed after he'd knocked it from Tendo's hands, he felt a smile spreading across his features as he laid his eyes on his own weapon, clutched in a death grip in a clenched fist, which was surprisingly steady, despite the fight he'd just gone through. A hoarse laugh escaped his lips, sounding sore, dry and ragged to his ears. His eyes met the kelvic's and his smile became fixed from ear to ear. "Well what d' you know..." he wheezed, "I actually won..." he laughed again and looked down at his sword, seeing that his entire fist had gone white from clutching at the weapon. He threw the blade away and began rubbing at his flesh to bring the blood back into it.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to go sit down for a little bit. I feel like a little child's smacking me in the head with a hammer..." turning around Roderick walked a short distance away and slumped down into the dirt, not caring about the mess he was making of his breeches. Lowering his head he took a few chimes to breath deeply and collect his thoughts; gradually his heartbeat calmed, breathing became easier and the pains running through his arms, chest and head died away to some dull throbbing. Rolling his shoulders around to ease his muscles, he rose and stretched, then stepped forward to collect his blade.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day With Sei

Postby Radiant on October 20th, 2013, 4:51 am

Roderick :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Weapon: Bastard Sword +3 XP
Weapon: Kite Shield +2 XP
Brawling +2 XP
Tactics +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Weapon Combination: Bastard Sword And Kite Shield

Loots

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Weapon: Shortsword +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Faux Dual-Wielding: Shortsword and Dagger

Loots

Notes :
Sei, I advise you to extend your replies. :)

Roderick's length is good.

Rod, you have gotten the hang of playing to your skill level.

Sei, again, you didn't provide enough description of his difficulties as a Novice, this will result in less reward for your effort.

At his novice skills, blocking a sword with a dagger should knock the weapon out of his grasp... Also, sheathing and unsheathing his weapon that fast in the middle of combat should not be the feat of Novice.

I'm sorry, but you did this multiple times already, it's getting tedious, and I'm rather tired...

Do keep this in mind in your future threads. Actually... I've been saying this multiple times already.

On another note, your last replies was much better than the previous one, I take it they are after you heeded my and Perplex's advices? Good then. Keep it up.

However, I'm still giving you XP penalties for the rest of the replies.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous