Completed Silence In Chaos

[Storyline Act 1-2] Ricky copes with his inner feelings and learns what is expected of him as a parent.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Silence In Chaos

Postby Ricky Maze on September 26th, 2013, 7:43 am

Silence In Chaos
Fall 1st 513 AV, 14th Bell

So much fighting, so much death. The events of the Coup unraveled slowly and the only thing that kept Ricky sane was his family, although having them in the same room constantly started to drive him a little mad as well. It's not the lack of privacy that was the issue, but the fact they had to remain here. Because of the Coup they had to stick together and watch each other's backs, which Ricky all the more found it difficult to accept the fact that he too was being taken care of as well. Not taken care of as in menial daily tasks but literally having a person that watched and worried for you constantly, Ricky didn't want to bring such burden on their shoulders even if they wanted to share. Yet he had no choice now. This whole thing was bigger than him, and all he could do was sit by and hope that the best would work itself out in the end. Thus he sat on the steps of the stone spiral staircase that led up to the second story of the building complex, thought long and hard about everything as the refugees of the violence settled on the floor with blankets and personal belongings. Fear stenched the air as there was silence, but every once in a while the sounds of fighting would fill the city. "Damn, damn, damn the Denvali!" He clutched his biceps tight as he planted his face inbetween his knee's, his fustrastion at its peak as he longed for this event to be over.

"Blame not the people, but the hand that guides them son." He turned to look up the staircase to find his father decended downward, and then took a seat next to the guard with a grim look on his face. "I know this troubles you greatly Ricky, Zeltiva's always been the home you sought to protect."

"So what..." Ricky shrugged. "I've worked hard t' prove I can defend the city, yet now of all times I can't fight like I'm expected t'. What'll the others think o' me if I return t' the Lord o' Council offices? They'll be ashamed is what." He sighed with finger rubs to his temples to ease the stress he felt.

"Bein' a Wave Guard means that much t' ya huh?" Burt chuckled a little as he scratched the side of his head. "I thought such a thing would matter t' me son."

"It does Pa, it really does. There's just more t' it than ya know..." Ricky looked to the floor below with a somber expression, and Burten watched his son with a patient expression.

"Go on..." He insisted to hear and Ricky gave a sigh.

"People expect me t' be there f'r them, they count on me as a person and I dun' wanna let 'em down." He quirked with another shrug as he avoided looking at his father.

"Except that's not the problem here is it." Burt pointed out as he knew Ricky avoided the truth.

"No..." There was little point in denying, if he failed to convince his father to begin with. "Bein' a Wave Guard... has taught who I want t' be, more importantly who I am. Without it I'm.... just Ricky." He spared a glance to Burt with a sincere look in his eye, occupied with his thoughts as Burt responded.

"You believe yer job is what makes ya who you are, when yer clearly wrong 'bout that me boy." Ricky remained unmoved but his father continued. "Sure enough bein' a Wave Guard makes you a fine example.but without it ye're still who you are son."

"And just who would that be? The son of a fisherman with no real home nor means t' take care o' his wife?" He retorted after a scoff.

"You'd be Ricky Maze, the man whose life revolves 'round helpin' others. The man whose 'bout t' become a father in due time." He placed a hand on Ricky's shoulder with an affectionate shake, and Ricky looked to his fathers hand with a sharp gaze. With his mind deeply contemplative on the words he heard, Ricky placed a hand over his fathers and allowed another sigh to escape.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on November 27th, 2013, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Silence In Chaos

Postby Ricky Maze on September 30th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Since Ricky took to silence in his own thoughts Burt had decided to speak on further, with the intended goal to clear his sons head with further explanation as to who he was. "I might've raised you from a boy, but it's always been up t' ya on what lifestyle ye chose. The face ya became a part o' the Guard is a big choice indeed, but it's not the role that demands yer constant attention Ricky." Burt gave a shake with Ricky's shoulder as he spoke. "Bein' a guard isn't what matters t' ya though, what you really want is t' keep ev'ryone safe from harm. It's somethin' ya always did when ye were young, put others b'fore you b'cause ya always cared f'r them in some aspect." A pause followed as he gave Ricky the chance to respond, but the son only remained still. Motionless as he thought further and further on the words that came from his old man. "Yer a role model to us all son, but ye put t' much weight on yer own shoulders and in turn take t' much responsibility." Footsteps tapped down the stone staircase and both men looked over their shoulder to see it was Hannah, her eyes focused on Ricky with interest as she trekked down the stairs to sit next to Ricky. "I'll let ye two talk." Burt patted Ricky's shoulder and grunted as he stood onto his feet, a look to Hannah with a nod as he returned up to the bedroom where they rested.

"Ricky, tell me something. I know you have a lot on your mind right now but I have to ask, why did you want to become a guard?" Hannah asked sincerely as she leaned forward to look into his eyes, Ricky still stared forward with but few glances to her ice blue eyes.

"I did... f'r respect. People think o' the guard with high regard ya know." He finally looked to her with a loose smile, her eyes looked sharply intrigued with his response.

"Teh, now I know that's not right. Wasn't it for the better safety of Zeltiva?" She cracked with a chuckle.

"Heh, I was only kiddin'. I wanted t' be the kind o' person who can put ev'ryone else at ease, and ev'ryone can count on a guard after all. With a dependable person nearby danger is always far away, and that's exactly what a guard is. Don't ya want someone like that near ya? Someone ye can count on?" There was enthusiasm in the solemn sound of his tone, his eyes deeply focused on hers as he explained the importance of his role.

"Yeah, I do." She smiled along with her response. "But I defer to this really big guy I knew, he's really sweet guy with a wonderful heart on the inside." They both laughed a little as Ricky actually allowed a smile to form.

"The things ya say sometimes." He remarked with a chuckle.

"Corny but true all the same. We all look up to you more than anything Ricky, but that's because you are who you are. We don't care if your a guard or not, we just simply want you to be you and be happy at the same time." She explained with an arm wrapped over his shoulder, a quick peck of the lips planted on the side of his head.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Silence In Chaos

Postby Ricky Maze on October 10th, 2013, 8:30 pm

After a few chimes had passed with Hannah to return to the upper level of the building, it was Telion who came down next with the help of Ricky's hand to ease down and sit next to him. Once she was finally next to him she eased herself closer and rested her head on his shoulder and let out a sigh, whether she was content right now or not Ricky actually didn't know for sure. He had thought on much before she'd come down after all, and now that she did come down he had to find the words to say to her. He was in a sense a role model in different ways and on different accounts now, not only did being a Wave Guard prove this but the fact he would be a parent in the future as well. The time where their child would be born was approaching, and as of now his only priority should only be his family before all else.

He'd put mainly himself at risk to protect his home, practically putting others before him instead of what he needed. Or what he wanted. Now of course he had to put that past him and accept the fact that his needs were to provide for his family, and that meant keeping them safe and taken care of before any other. Thus he came to accept the idea of remaining in hiding, until the Denvali's coup came to pass of course, so that he would take care of his pregnant wife. "I'm sorry." He finally murmured to her with a soft kiss on her head, Telion looked up to him with a gentle smile in return to his action.

"I know. It's hard for you Ricky, and you don't need to apologize for it." She responded with a deep look into his eyes.

"Aye but you and the babe 're me family now, instead o' worryin' f'r the city as much as I worry f'r ye I should solely worry on you. Yer well bein' is what matters most t' me, and I can't help but feel inclined t' protect our home as well." He pointed with a somber look down the staircase as he felt disappointed with himself.

"Hey," her hand caressed his cheek to pull his gaze back into hers, "You are a good person Ricky, one of the best I know. You've always put others before you, always been there when somebody was needed. Even before you were a guard you were always someone I looked up to, someone I loved having around because you knew how to make things seem better." She explained with sincerity in her eyes, hopeful that he would at least be cheered up with her words. Of course Ricky gave a small smile feeling a bit better inside, as he spoke to her in turn with a lighter heart.

"This'd be why I love you so much." He confided with a brighter smile. "You've changed so much since we last met and even more now, ye know the right things t' say and 'ow t' make me feel better when I'm down. Now o' course I know what I want 'bove all else, and even though I may love me job I'll always love you more." She smiled as he brought her head to his, another kiss followed but this time gently planted on the lips. "I'll always choose you over anythin' else, 'cause yer the most important thing t' me out of ev'rythin' in the world. You and our child." He added with a chuckle as they both relaxed their heads together, an affectionate rub of her shoulder as Telion still leaned into him. They would both enjoy the silence that existed within the state of chaos, and eventually Burt and Hannah returned to see that they came back to the room.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Silence In Chaos

Postby Zandelia on March 30th, 2014, 2:07 am

Ricky :
Skills
Philosophy – 3
Observation – 1
Rhetoric - 1

Lores
My Life: The Helper, The Father
They Look Up To Me
My Family: The Most Important
Hannah Over Everything

Notes :
A nice contemplative and emotive thread. Very well done indeed

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)