[Taylani's Scrapbook] Taylani's randomness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Quint Caravel on November 9th, 2013, 6:54 am

Thank you for this scrapbook. You have given me some awesome ideas for flashbacks and solo threads. No, I'm not about to become a cooking jewelcrafter who does laundry. (Well, I might. Anything is possible.) But you've made me realize that I can flesh out my character in a similar fashion, just substituting some skills I would want to pursue, or some reveries I might want to explore.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on November 9th, 2013, 6:59 am

Your very welcome quint, I am glad that you got some inspiration :D..and fyi, if you don't do laundry..are you just going to wear stinking clothing? Just a thought..
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on November 9th, 2013, 10:07 pm

I'm going more with weaving the jewelry into clothes and the actual fixing up up the gems to make them more presentable :D

And I should have thought of it before but I thought I'd pass it on to you as well (which I should know already considering I work at one). Try a book from a library or something (if you can't find anything more internet wise), I ended up checking out a bunch on gem-cutting, wire jewelry and so on that way I can whip out some solos for that.
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 9th, 2013, 10:08 pm

oh sweet I hadn't even thought about weaving gems into clothing.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Katherine Morealis on November 10th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Congratulations Tay! I was only gone for a couple of days and you've already owned Nano. You're amazing!
Katherine Morealis
Definitely prettier than you

Words: 64010
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 10th, 2013, 1:59 pm

lol Thanks Katherine, I am backing off now that I have accomplished my goal on Tay. Hopefully I will get inspired on Shayna but since Shayna only has 2 threads that would mean a HUGE amount of solo's lol.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Katherine Morealis on November 10th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Let's do a lot more threads then, so that Shayna gets a lot more love. Or more punishments, depending on how you want it to be. ;)
Katherine Morealis
Definitely prettier than you

Words: 64010
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Taylani on November 10th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Ha! I am more then willing! Will give my regular thread partners in Endrykas breathing room!
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Stay At Home Mom's [Taylani's Scrapbook]

Postby Taylani on November 10th, 2013, 8:33 pm

What doe sit mean to be a stay at home Mom.
To some it means that a person has become a prisoner in her own home, caught on the whims of her children and possibly her husband. To others it means that someone has lucked into a position where all they have to do is keep half an eye on a toddler but the rest is easy sailing.

The truth of it is though, it is somewhere in between. Now I am not saying that there is not anyone out there that is a stay at home mom who isn't one or the other extreme but most of the time its a middle ground. However it is more and more thought that being a stay at home mom is either a misogynistic lifestyle or a lazy lifestyle and I am here to tell you it is not.

So I will tell you about my general life.
Consequences of being a stay at home mom in my life.

1. We must budget...tightly. My husband and I have 4 children, 5 if you count his daughter from a previous marriage who is married with kids of her own but we don't pay for her living so I am just going to say 4. So on one income my husband must provide a living for 6 people. This is not as easy to do in this economy as it might have been say a hundred years ago. But we do it. How? By making sacrifices. Instead of buying Bon Bons my budget does not allow for many treats. I think getting Folgers Coffee instead of Wal-mart brand is a treat and that only happens on my birthday. Yes my birthday present is a tub of Folgers Coffee. I haven't bought me a brand new article of clothing in 15 years, except underwear (I won't wear used underwear no matter how much I wash ..). Instead every stitch of my clothing is either a gift from my Mom or bought from a Yard sale. I haven't been to the theater in closer to 18 years, my last movie I watched in a theater was Jurassic Park...the first one. I go out to eat with my husband once a year on our anniversary. I own only one pair of shoes at a time, whether or not it matches my outfit. I own one purse, and it is used for service not for looks..and matches none of my outfits.

2. Time. Yes there is a lot of talk about how much extra time Stay at Home Mom's have, and this is technically true because we have more flexible schedules. We do a lot of juggling with schedules. The more kids you have the more juggling you have to do. I write in my head, and when I perfect it in my head I type it out really fast between house work.

3. Recognition. Ok we stay at home mom's do what we do because we feel it is important. Raising children is one the most important things we feel we can do (otherwise we wouldn't be stay-at-homes). That in itself is a blessing but you know what? That last time you got a promotion. didnt it feel good? We don't get a promotion. We don't get raises, we don't get pats on the back. When was the last time you thanked your mom for changing your diapers when you were little. Bet you never have. Didn't occur to you to do so? It doesn't most people. The only time anyone will notice anything that a typical stay-at-home mom does is when it isn't done. And then it will be whined about for a week.

Blessings of being a stay at home Mom

1. We get extra cuddles. snuggles. and love time from our children. It is not something I will ever give up. I don't care if someone said they would pay me a salary of one million dollars a year to eat bon bons and watch soap operas but have to spend 8 hours without touching one of my children I would turn them down. In a heart beat.

2. We can whine about the state of today's youth because we are actively trying to prevent hooligans from entering society. If your not actively trying to curtail that, you can't whine about it!

3. We get to be the ones that guide tiny steps into adulthood. That right there is the best possible reward.

I know that God has blessed me with an opportunity to be a stay at home Mom. I am not complaining in this thread. But I did want to point out what really happens when you choose to be a stay at home mom..Not a single bonbon in sight.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Arundel on November 11th, 2013, 3:49 am

I just wanted to pop in and say you're spectacular. :D I've been stalking Taylani pretty hard. I'm not even ashamed to admit this creepy truth. Have a gif! Gifs make everyone happy. Especially this one...

Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext