Completed A New Teacher at the Iron Fist

Savio talks to Revy about becoming a teacher at the School.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

A New Teacher at the Iron Fist

Postby Savio on October 1st, 2013, 9:35 pm

29th of Fall, 513AV

He almost couldn’t believe he was going to do this. He had thought long and hard all day, and even consulted his boss at the Bureau about his current idea. He wanted to become a teacher at the Iron Fist School and teach others about Acrobatics. He had spent the last thirty chimes pacing in his bedroom, debating on if he should go to Revy or not since she now was the Master of the School. He really needed to grow a pair.

Savio took a deep breath and left his bedroom and walked the short distance to Revy’s bedroom. He knew Sayren wouldn’t be in there since the Drykas was at work. He finally got to the door and lifted his hand and knocked on it with his knuckle, hoping for a reply and not a sword through the gut.
x
Last edited by Savio on December 16th, 2013, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 13th, 2013, 11:06 am

The mercenary was in the training room, looking over the weapons present in the school right now. She had nabbed Xi's quill, ink and a sketchbook to make the notes. Right now she had a small list. She couldn't really think of what else she had to get right now. Oh well, she'd think of it later. Her list right now was:
- Greatsword 1x (Need more)
- Longsword 2x (Need more and replacement)
- Gladius 2x (Need more)
- Handaxe 2x (Need more)
- Greataxe 1x (Need replacement and more)
- Quarterstaff 1x (Need replacement and more)
- Wooden Tonfa 2x (Need more)
- Unarmed Dummy 3x (Need 2 more and replace one)
- Armored Dummy none (Need more)
- Ranged Targets none (Need more)
- Practice range (needs to be built)
- Teacher rooms 1x (Need more)
- Purchase missing weapons
"That should be enough right now. I'll have to talk to Bones to see if I missed anything.", she said to herself as she left the room.

While walking back, she started to calculate how much only the weapons themselves would cost and sighed. It was probably gonna gobble up all the mizas she earned this season. "Oh yeah... still gotta find a couple teachers.... ugh.. even more work. I shouldn't have accepted to take over the school.", she thought to herself. And that was when she saw Savio standing in front of her door.

"Oh god, now I also have to deal with THIS problem.", she said out loud. Was there anything that could make her day worse now? "Hey Savio... what do you want this time. I'm busy so make it short, or piss off.", she bit at him. She was not happy to see this guy. She hadn't forgotten about yesterday at all. It was still far too fresh in her memory.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Savio on November 13th, 2013, 8:23 pm

For the longest while, he just stood there. A part of him immensely relieved that she did not open her door, but the other part of him was just as disappointed because he would have to go look for her. He did not want to back down from this chance. With Ximal gone, there were only two teachers left at the school and only two students. This was not what Xi had wanted. He wanted his school full of people wanting to learn and teachers willing to teach them what they knew. He had met several people who had wished to join the school but Bones and Revy had been too busy with their other obligations to test the potential students. He didn’t want Xi’s dream to fail.

He was about to walk away to go find her when he heard her voice call out. Lovely, she seemed as happy to see him as he was to see her. He turned to face her with a grim expression. His lower parts still hurt from the other day. “Nice to see you too, Revy.” Savio grumbled sorely before moving on. “I was hoping to see about becoming a teacher of Acrobatics here. I think it would be a good complementary skill for those seeking to better themselves in combat. And besides, there is only you and Bones now to do most of the work. Let me help. I know several monks and they can help us get a good deal on training equipment.” He reasoned.
x
Last edited by Savio on November 27th, 2013, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on November 27th, 2013, 11:58 am

Hmm... so Savio wanted to be a teacher? Well... she didn't have any problems with getting new teachers, but why did HE have to apply for it? Oh well, it'd be better for her if he became one. She could put about half her workload onto him. Bones didn't seem to be pulling his weight around with managing the school anyway. Besides, he was good enough at least. He showed that the last time they fought.

The second thing pulled her over right away. He could get some equipment cheaper? Good. The school needed a lot, and then really a LOT of new equipment. They were severely lacking in the ranged combat department... not a single weapon of those. And most of the training weapons were in for replacements. Not to mention the fact that they needed more dummies, even one's that could be armored.

"Ok, you're hired. Find students and have them fight for about five chimes. If they don't give up once, they can join. I'll think of a better way to test their willpower later on. But for now, Xi's requirement stands.", she said. "Also, I've got a list of supplies we are going to need. If you can get your hands on them, at a cheaper price, I'd be glad." And with that, she gave the list, she had made, to Savio.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Savio on December 5th, 2013, 9:36 am

He could see the look of skepticism in Revy’s face. She didn’t seem too thrilled at his request but at least she wasn’t shooting him down right off. But rather, once he brought up that he could get things for cheaper, her whole demeanor changed. The young man couldn’t keep the excitement from his eyes. This was a great opportunity for him! To help teach likeminded individuals what he knew.

He listened to what Revy said closely, trying his hardest to keep the smile from his lips. He liked how she kept things almost the same as Ximal. The test he used was understandable. It tested your will power, and gave him an idea of where to start. Savio was not a Master in Unarmed Combat. Far from it actually, but he could hold his own in a spar and chances are that he could dodge most attacks.

When he was handed the list, he read it over. It was pretty long and he hoped that the monks of Uphis would be willing to help him out or at least give him permission to be able to buy some of those things. And as far as the new students go, he had already been trying to spread word of the school. They needed to hand fliers up… Maybe post one at the Employment office? That should get some attention! Savio’s brain was already swimming with ideas that he only nodded absentmindedly at Revy, his eyes still scanning the paper in his hand.

“I will do my best. Some of these items will be hard to come by, but I am sure some of my acquaintances of the North Quarter monks can help me get permission to get these. What is the school’s budget?” He inquired while he did some calculations in his head.
x
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 14th, 2013, 10:55 am

It was really good to see Savio's face light up when she told him what she wanted with the school. At least he agreed to it. The only problem right now was the fact that they had little to no money to spend for it. Ximal hadn't left any money at all, not to mention that she too had little money to spare right now. She still had some personal stuff she had to buy during winter, so expansion of the school would have to wait at least a season.

"Well... the budget is what you and me have to spare right now...... which means for me practically nothing. Winter's coming and I don't have any winter clothes. I don't know about you, but this means that we might have to wait for a bit, until we got money to spare.", she explained. "Right now he main concern is getting our training weapons serviced. New ones can wait."

They have to have a talk with Bones as well. He was a teacher here too, she he should pitch in as well. Revy didn't make a lot of money right now (not yet at least), so expansion and redesigning would have to wait a long time if he didn't. "We'll have to talk to Bones as well, to see if he can pitch in as well. That way the costs are split a bit more, making it easier to do the listed expansion."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Savio on December 14th, 2013, 7:41 pm

The young acrobat frowned slightly at the mention of having little Mizas to spend for the school necessities but he was sure they would work around it. He had been making quite a few mizas as of late and could spare some towards helping the school. He didn’t need too much since it was just him, his housing and food already taken care of.

“I can get the training weapons repaired. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem or cost too much. And I will do my best to see if I can get some more students to attend the school. Perhaps a flyer or two around the city would help. I remember I had a hard time finding the school when I first got to Nyka and others might be having the same issue. More students would mean more Mizas.” Savio said out loud but mostly to himself. He then gave Revy a small smile. “Thank you, Revy. I will do my best.”

It irked his pride to be polite to the woman who had been tormenting him for the last season or so but he truly was grateful. He wanted the school to thrive on and he wanted to help people learn and grow. It was something he enjoyed most, even back when he helped that Dreamchaser boy last season. Besides, by helping other people learn and train he would also be training himself. He would defeat Revy one day but today… Today he was going to smile at her and help her in whatever way he could.
x
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Signature by Edreina
Savio

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Edreina on March 24th, 2014, 2:25 am

Savio

Please update your CS to reflect Winter Expenses.

Revy

Skill Points
SkillPoints
Rhetoric+1XP

Lores Gained
  • Savio: Desire to Teach
  • The Costs of a Business

Notes
Write more, and you will get more points. Good thread to get things done quickly, though. :)

~Please be sure to edit your grade request!~
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)