PM to join First impressions are important (Shiress)

Keeping out of touch with Shiress for almost a full season. How long does simple infatuation guide a relation?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

First impressions are important (Shiress)

Postby Bolivar on October 1st, 2013, 10:42 pm

Fall 38, Year 513 AV

“Did you fart? Because you just blew me away.”

Inwardly sighing, Bolivar watched what looked to be a friendly pair that was well intoxicated by the time he had noticed them. The woman laughing hysterically at the pun as she didn't mind the grabby advances the man was taking.

Bolivar could not remember the last time he had went out from his room since the rains had arrived at Syliras. While others were still out and about the squire and knights of the city were still expected to train until a dry spell finally came. By then only most of the festivities were well done and over with and the most action happening was what the squire was watching.

“Think you can do better?”

An aside from a stranger in the tavern made the squire smile in embarrassment. No harm was meant the squire understood, just another guy looking to unwind. Rubbing his chin thoughtfully Bolivar's thoughts went to the beautiful girls he had met since coming back to Syliras.

“I don't know. Maybe. Though really only one line comes to mind. Want me to see me work my charm?”

A thought came as the squire looked for a familiar face simply shrugging as he could not see above the rest of the patrons around him. Resting his chin atop the table Bolivar found himself panicked being put on the spot.

“Hey Lassy. Mind coming over here. My friend has something to say to you.”

Glaring back at the stranger slightly amused but overall miffed the man gave him one last challenge.

“Here's your chance to impress little man.”

oocBlue shall be Bolivar's speech. Red others.
Last edited by Bolivar on October 9th, 2013, 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on October 3rd, 2013, 3:57 pm

Ethan didn’t like the Rearing Stallion as a bar overall. The Broken Casket tended to have cheaper ale and their famous spiced potatoes were the best. The potatoes were greasily with butter and spiced with a hotness that made drinking the horrible cheap tasting ale better somehow. Of course, the one thing it lacked was semi decent women. Oh the Casket was never without females, no bar by the docks could survive without women that wouldn’t mind putting up with randy sailors. Yet, the common wash women, or the general comely lass wouldn’t frequent such a place. No, the Stallion was a place that real common folk from the fields and bazaar went to. Which had greatly influenced Ethan’s choice.

After talking with Hadyn, he began to realize that he weren’t really in a committed relationship, nor was she ever going to get over her fear in finding and forging one. So Ethan decided to do the one thing that most men do when face with an impossible relationship. Go out get drunk, find a pretty lass, and attempt to petch all the tension and hurt from one’s soul. Ethan, had come in slightly later as the crowd was beginning to start up. A lot of the woman had already paired with men, and Ethan wasn’t looking for trouble. A few were talking with friends, and Ethan knew that trying to go over and talk with them was a losing gambit. No Ethan was on the hunt for a single female drinking or unattached to a man. There were a few women that flirted back and forth with a man surrounded by his friends. Yet, Ethan wasn’t quite interested in them, something about the way they teased and flirted Ethan found… unnerving. Ethan sat at a table pulling a long drink from his mug. Hadyn had certain taken up a lot of his thoughts and now he was being pickly about finding a lass to petch. He was finding excuses not to talk with woman, Why? Because he had hope that him and Hadyn would somehow be together? Ethan snorted at the thought and took another drink.

Ethan was watching a particular buxom red head laugh at the come here line the drunkard spoke. Looking down at the man’s boots, he saw that they were stained in water, but not mud. The man worked outside, but not on the ground, so he was probably a carter or teamster driving a wagon for harvest or a merchant. The lass wore a stained work dress, and from the cracked lips, and powerful forearms, Ethan thought she was either a baker or wash woman. Still, the fine display of her chest that was being held slightly back by her dress was enough, that needed a few more drinks and he would interrupt the fool to snatch the lass away.

Instead it seemed the world had a different opinion on the matter. The drunkard saw the looks from a somber man at another table, and asked if he could do better. Ethan snorted at that, he been doing better since he was an eighteen. Ethan lifted an eyebrow slightly as the somber man took up the challenge. Ethan knew what he would say…

The red haired lass displayed her chest because she thought it was her best feature, and though it certainly attracted Ethan’s eyes to it. She had a small subtle smile that expressed itself wonderfully, her laugh and overall roaming hands, was to ensure that she wouldn’t be lonely tonight. Yet Ethan knew that her smile would gain a quicker access to what was under her dress then what the drunkard was prepared to do. Still, Ethan waited for the somber man to make his move, perhaps it would be a good one, and Ethan would have to returned to drinking and thinking about how Hadyn and himself sat in this bar getting drunk and singing songs.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Shiress on October 8th, 2013, 3:52 pm

As of late, The Rearing Stallion was slammed packed full of patrons from wall-to-wall almost every evening. This was expected, though, as the rains have driven most Syliran's indoors and thank the God's, Kevith, the Taverns owner had made sure the barmaid had plenty of help.

Leaning against the bar, Shiress drained a glass of water as green eyes scanned the tavern just over the rim. She slipped her apron over her head, gathered several empty mugs and began filling them with ale. As busy as it was, it was easier for the barmaid to just keep her assigned tables top off rather than waiting for them to wave her down. After each mug was filled to the rim with the amber colored liquid, she placed them on a tray, swept long strands of hair from her face and stepped out from the bar. Her break was over and back to work she went as now, several patrons had left, their tables cleared and newcomers seated in their place. At least they already had their first round of drinks.

Moving across the floor, she emptied her tray one by one of the mugs as she noticed patrons near ready for another around, save two. Stepping up to a table, the barmaid arched an eyebrow with a smile, noting the handsome features of the dark auburn haired gentleman as she sat the mug in front of him. "Hello." She said. "I'm Shiress and, as you can see, a good bit busy. So, I'll do my best to keep the ale coming until you say different." Her fingertips tapped against the table top. "If you need anything else, just let me know." She added, green eyes lingering a tick to admire the man before she turned away still smiling.

"You're not causing any trouble now are you, Chuck?" She asked, stepping up behind the tall man. She pulled the last mug off her tray and pressed it against the regulars thick arm, raising her eyebrows as his head turned toward her. "Who? Me?" He replied, his arm rounding to take the mug from her hand, his tone riddled with sarcasm. "I never cause trouble." Shiress shook her head. "Mhm and I never serve drinks. Just mind your manners." She said with a grin and stepped out to turn away when a familiar face caught her eyes.

Placing her tray down, she bit her bottom lip and stepped around the table and quietly moved in behind the squire, slid her hands slowly up his back, across his shoulders and clasped her fingers together over his chest and leaned in, brushing her lips gently across the man's ear. "If the second time was better, a third time will be a charm." She whispered playfully then placed a soft kiss on Bolivar's cheek.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on October 9th, 2013, 1:52 pm

What was going on? Had the man really given him a chance to steal his woman away? Simply an arrogant and egotistical move. Yet the mage squire could not find the situation anything but hysterical. How would he contend with such confidence?

Coughing nervously and finally getting a good look at the red haired lass's obvious endowments the squire hand went to the nape of his neck. Rubbing his neck nervously Bolivar could feel the warmth of his cheeks intensify as his usual lines were nowhere to be found. Bolivar could already hear the other man laughing at his expense. Bolivar concentration nearing a critical point the squire blocked out all prior sounds digging in deep.

"Heh... well now. Apparently your lass is so charming I forgot what I was going to say."

Oddly enough Bolivar's wandering thoughts of basic magics seemed inspired by the woman's "display". If there was a way for a woman hypnotist to make their breasts as the medium of their magic she would simply be unstoppable. Clever usage of such a intimate magic with the natural drive men have. Simple yet effective. Yet there was more surprises for the squire as his hands nearly broke the grip of his cup feeling the invasive hands of another. First drop the cup, pry himself free and then spin around to-.

"If the second time was better, a third time will be a charm."

This familiar tenor. That soft tone. No doubt about it. Facing forward the squire closed his eyes unable to contain the joy from the sudden reunion. Bolivar's face felt warm but it wasn't from him for once. Bolivar would always say that the second kiss was time for everything was best and yet he found himself agreeing with Shiress as he clasp his free hand over hers feeling the marks of a brand from long ago imprinted on the skin.

"You look beautiful today, just like every other day dear Shiress."

Still facing forward for a tic Bolivar finally steel himself to look at the waitress behind him. If there was any way for Shiress to be more amazing then before Bolivar wouldn't have believed it. Yet the confident demeanor, the easy simple she wore. Yes something had happened that changed her. Something he wasn't there for or was that first impression simply that good?

"I'm... uhh I."

Was it possible to get used to feeling happy and guilty? Every time with Shiress it seemed that way. She was strong enough to face her issues herself and yet compared to her the squire was fumbling with just talking back.

"I'm glad. Is that alright?"

A sad grin etched on the squire's face greeted Shiress before turning back to the man who issued the challenge earlier.

"I got nothing. Looks like you got me beat."

Shifting his attention back to Shiress Bolivar moved with restrained enthusiasm before standing to embrace stewardess. Perhaps a bit too forward but the squire did not let his thoughts cloud his judgement. Somehow in her own way Shiress managed to dispel his feelings of awkwardness and hesitation.

"We are to catch up Shiress. Bring a plate of all the cheeses when you can. I shall humor you in new ways you've never heard."

The 38thAdded a date for the thread
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on October 15th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Ethan looked at the pretty barmaid named Shiress and smiled a welcoming one himself. “Name’s Ethan, and I don’t mind you serving till I am on the floor. Just make sure the lady who takes me home won’t take advantage of me.” Ethan winked at Shiress. As she went off to fill the other drinks, it appeared that Chuck was the fool with the lady and was known for causing trouble. Ethan smiled, perhaps trouble was what he was looking for. Lately, Hadyn had been up and down with her emotions, and though Ethan knew that Hadyn was pregnant and moody, it did nothing for his own self-image. It often felt like he was trying to consistently compete with Orion or the Child to even get into her thoughts, and Ethan knew that emotionally it was fine that the Child took first place in Hadyn’s mind and heart, but he would not play third fiddle after Orion.

So trouble was here and Ethan felt like it was a good time to get into some. How long had it been since Brody and himself got mischief, and well what was this if it wasn’t mischief on an adult level. Besides though Shiress certain had a good figure and pretty eyes, Ethan caught the roam of her hands and arms on the man that Chuck seemed so intent on. So the barmaid was out, that left Chuck a fool that couldn’t keep a pretty lass like that entertained more than a few chimes before he was spent. “My goodness Sir! Certainly you can come up with better.” Ethan said perhaps a bit louder then he intended to make sure that Chuck heard his words.

“After all a lass like that with such fiery hair is bound to a deep passion, and look at those lips. Her smile could capture a man making him bound to kiss her over and over again.” Ethan smiled a wicked smile and took a long look at the lass. “After all…. Chuck; a man of confidence, of control, and of intelligence goes over to a lass and looks her in the eye to see her reaction. The line must caress the woman’s mind, as much as, her heart. If you can’t do either then… well better left unsaid.” Hmmmmm, this ale is really good, Ethan thought. Ethan wanted to stop and drink, while Chuck processed the insult to the man’s ability to stroke the passion of a woman. Nah, Ethan had set his sights on the lass with red hair and Chuck was just in the way. Ethan needed to away to destroy him in the eyes of the woman and make her come over.

“Come on lass, tell us your name so that a flower of such beauty can be spoken of with soft words?” Yeap, Ethan had sighted in his victim, he was either going to fight Chuck or petch the red head, but either one was sure to get his mind off of Hadyn for the night.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Shiress on October 21st, 2013, 5:48 pm

Squire Bolivar, as charming as always. An unforgettable first impression tagged by a warm and gentle kindness gone unchanged for two seasons. For Shiress, though, the same passing seasons would see a definite change in the girl. Bolder, stronger and self-confident, like a phoenix, Shiress has risen from the ashes anew and will greet her old friend Bolivar.

With the squires attention diverted, Shiress took the opportunity to survey those around her. Chuck she knew all too well and would keep an eye on, but the red head held an unfamiliar and overly painted face. "Hello." She said, extending her hand across the table with a polite nod of her head. "I'm Shiress and you are...?"The girls seemingly rude introduction had obviously intruded on something much more entertaining to the woman. Strange eyes behind a disgusted look trailed the barmaid head to toe before lingering on her out stretched hand and, without so much as a grunted acknowledgement, the woman blinked slowly and turned away her face, quickly indulging the present conversation with a wide smile while coldly dismissing Shiress' gesture. The girl awkwardly withdrew her hand, green eyes narrowing.

See how many refills you get ya red headed slut..

The inward slap just planted across the woman's face was calmly put away, eyebrows lifting, as the previously served and handsome patron approached the table. His sarcastic words and trouble-seeking attitude concerned the barmaid, though. With a cautious glance down to Chuck, she placed a hand reassuringly on the man's thick shoulder, giving it a warned squeeze as his chest swelled and he twisted to face the new comer.

Luckily, Bolivar rose with a hug for the barmaid, his perfect timing slicing the stiff air accompanying the stranger. Shiress returned the squires affection warmly, smiling softly as they parted. "It's good to see you, my friend." She said, nodding appropriately at his request. "That sound's perfect. I'll only be a chime."

With that the barmaid turned, giving the handsome one a forewarned glare before stepping away.

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on October 22nd, 2013, 4:53 pm

It seemed like Bolivar was not the only one who took up Chuck's offer.

Another man spoke up besides the group speaking to the redhead and her associated allure. Much more confident as the smooth talker then Bolivar would ever see himself the squire tried to follow what exactly Ethan was saying.

Something about kissing someone repeatedly. And Chuck. The man? Not the busty redhead?

Shaking his head a bit distraught Bolivar tried got up from his seat and sat beside the one named Chuck for a better listen. It was starting to get a bit too eventful in the tavern to make sense of what was in front of you. Though the minor slight given to Shiress was not missed by the squire. Granted if it was anyone else Bolivar would have ignored it but this was someone he had resolved to watch over.

Chuck seemed like a nice enough guy. He looked to be on familiar, even friendly, with Shiress. The waitress was a good judge of character from earlier experience. I mean she managed to point out an upstart of a squire to him before involving himself further with the rogue squire.

"What do we have here?"

Finding the pair welcoming enough Bolivar took a seat besides the pair before following the pair's gaze.

Rather, whom are we making such a fuss about?

The man appeared to be a native of Syliras at first glance, with the bronze sheen on his skin, but the hair and look he gave back at them had a plotting sort of look if that made any sense.

Not quite hearing what Ethan said to make both Shiress and Chuck distressed Bolivar listened in just in time to catch the woman's name. Stephanie Mitch. A slight giggle came from the redhead seeing the amount of attention the three men around her were giving her.

By then Chuck had understood what was going on. Granted it would have take the squire another few chimes to catch on if Chuck hadn't made another confident challenge towards any takers.

"You little upstart. Think yourself so clever? Come on then. Everyone is invited. Though at the end of the day it will be me canoodling with missums red here."

Rolling his eyes at the announcement Bolivar laid his head out on the table as if to issue his surrender. There were times when one was horribly mismatched and this was one of them. Nothing against Stephanie but Bolivar preferred blondes or Shiress when it came to woman. That and he was terrible with forcing romance.

"Giving up already honey?" Asked Stephanie. A chuckle from Chuck made the squire grin stupidly alongside them. Shrugging slightly Bolivar came up with the first line to start the contest between men.

"If nothing lasts forever, will you be nothing?"

Oh petch he was missing a word somewhere there. My? My nothing. Stephanie might have took it as an insult seeing as she defensively drew her hands up at the remark. There. He was done. Having participated and deeming he has lost in the first bout Bolivar simply awaited his cheese tray while leaving the rest of the tavern to entertain Chuck and the poaching lad.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on November 1st, 2013, 12:10 pm

Ethan watched the byplay between the waitress, Shiress, and the redhead. The look that the redhead gave Shiress was one of predatory resentment and attitude. Yes, Ethan was sure that the redhead was going home with someone tonight, even if she had to club the man over his head and drag him to her bed. However, he also knew that besides a wild ride the redhead would probably be semi-stupid and semi-crazy. No self-respecting woman would have thought the fart line was anything but bad and offensive. No the redhead was all hormones and thoughts of a good time, which normally meant that Ethan wouldn’t have even spoke to her for fear of the crazy side become attached. No, if he was going to take this walking pile of hormones with female parts home, he was going to have to lie about everything, and maybe play for the baths so that she didn’t know where he lived.

Yet again, Ethan pulled long drink off his mug, the bitter brew filling his stomach and slightly giving him a lighter head. He was here to drink and forget Hadyn, or at least the parts that he care most about her. No promise, no suggestion of being together… nope, Ethan was just someone to talk to while she was pregnant. Ethan’s thoughts turned to the child’s father and he wondered if that was what Syliras was taking into the Knighthood, then they were all in a sorry state. Ethan pulled another long draft of his drink, he was going to need if he was to bed this Redhead or pound some sense into Chuck. Ethan saw the look the barmaid gave him, though she seemed generally concerned about him picking a fight, he wished he could stop himself. The trouble with causing trouble is… you don’t want to stop because the thing that you are doing is letting go of that entire attitude you want to put on your problems.

The other fellow moved towards Chuck and Ethan watched Chuck process his comments. Ethan wasn’t drunk enough yet to even think on this man’s level. By the Gods and Goddesses, stupid just tends to lead to more stupid and Chuck was the prime example of that. As the man delivered his line, Ethan simply shook his head. Though he had to give the man points on trying to be intelligent, no woman wanted to be compared to nothing… or farts. Ethan needed a lot more to drink… a lot more.

“You know, sir,” Ethan talked to Bolivar, “I would suggest that the cool and mysterious thing is probably your best move. Looking aloft and direct at Michelle, made her glance over at you every once and while. If she wasn’t already in Chuck’s lap, you probably could have got her a drink and opened with simple conversation. Something simply like, ‘Hello, my name is…’” Ethan made a hand gesture to display the rest of the conversation would carry the same tone.

“However, Chuck here has made a statement that Michelle is his. Personally, I think that is a bit optimistic, after all, his whole plan is to get her drunk so that old tired shyke lines will work. It only works if Chuck can keep his drink, because a simpler plan of attack would have been waiting till he went to the relieve himself and then go over to talk to Michelle. Depending on how much drink he had fed her, two or three chimes worth of conversation would have her walk out of the Stallion and then Chuck would have come back to nothing.”

Ethan turned his glare on Chuck, it became intense like when he practiced in the Fighter Pit with the old mentor Lucas. Lucas had him work on his look, stating that a good hard stare can shake a lesser men, and at that moment Ethan gave it his best. With iron in his voice, Ethan narrowed his view to Chuck and spoke, “Chuck, I want you to hear me and think over my words. I came here to drink and forget my lady troubles, but if you want war of words over Michelle be prepared to lose. I am not drunk enough for this game you propose, and you haven’t the wit to figure some things out. Michelle there is looking for good night; the flush of her cheeks and skin, says she is excited and it wouldn’t be all that trouble to talk her into anything. If you get up now and head over to the other side of the tavern, I will pay for your next round. If you don’t, and this leads to fists… I will use every dirty trick I know from the pits to make sure the noodle between your legs stays limp.”

For a moment Ethan’s mind gave him a picture of what it looked like outside of himself. Chuck and him were staring at one another. The set of the man’s jaw meant that Ethan’s words hadn’t just been heard but had cut the man to his core. Yet, Ethan didn’t stayed dead still with an intense glare like a wild animal ready to rip out Chuck’s throat for doing the wrong move. The man was stupid and prideful but what kept him in check wasn’t the threat of violence. No it was the stare, and the slow realization that Ethan didn’t care about Michelle or Chuck, the violence would solve his troubles just as much as a petching. For Chuck it was a different story, he wanted to end up with Michelle, he wanted the red head. Chuck had everything to gain by going and nothing to win by staying.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)