Completed [Undeiable Interests] The Terms and Conditions

Shane is so close to the job of his dreams but only one thing stands in his way now: his gruff, new boss and some substantial T&Cs...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Undeiable Interests] The Terms and Conditions

Postby Shane Wallsly on October 21st, 2013, 11:26 pm

“So let me get this straight; you never worked in a shop before, got no magical talents and you ain't got no writing experience...” The grimy, old shopkeeper counted out his ailments on three chubby fingers. “Tell me again why old Trega sent you to my shop?”

Shane's heart pounded into overdrive. He swore he could feel his own jugular pulse and surge with each beat. What the Employment Office had lacked in difficulty old Ariva was making up for doubly so. He had seemed surprised when Shane had shown hi the slip from Trega and had fired off a battery of questions at him. Shane knew as he answered those questions, without even his Auristics, that he wasn't giving the ones Avira wanted to hear. Shane had never had work before, he could read but had never had ink or paper to write upon and he could not let it be known his magical talents however basic. He could not break Brun's code. He would only le Avira know the truth if it was ever necessary for his success. For a job interview, however, it was just pointless.

“I don't need to know the craft, sir. Lived most of my life talking my way into money, sir.” Shane answered nervously adding the honorific on to every sentence.

“You're a conman then!” Avira growled out with a scowl obvious contempt for such a profession.

“No, no, sir! Gods no, Sir. A beggar I was and as my dear dad once said 'If you can get a man's coin simply for being down on your luck then a man's coin you will never be shy'. I don't need to know the magics to sell them and I can read about as good as any Scribe and with good practise I could probably copy the books myself. If you're willing to put up with me for now I promise you'll get your Miza's work before I'm through.” Shane admonished the speech with passion and confidence remembering the chapter on public speaking in Brun's book he kept a level stance and maintained eye contact trying his best to keep the eye contact from becoming creepy or intense all the while he held a clear, but passionate, voice. He did not, however, deem it wise to try any Hypnotism. Mister Avira was clearly a learned man and if he recognised Shane attempting to Hypnotise him, he would surely face the Knight's wrath.

He must have done something right for Avira's expression did seem to soften somewhat. “Good. If I catch you stealing anything, anything, and I'll hand you over to the Knights myself. You get one warning. If you damage any of my stock, it comes out of your wages. You get three Gold Miza's a day. You don't turn up for work, you don't get paid. You step in that door at eighth bell and the business day doesn't end till the eighteenth bell. You leave early or arrive late you get half pay and I don't care how early or how late. You get festival days off and, starting next season, you get seven free days a season which I can take away, deny or add to as I see fit. Pay day is every ninth day which should be twenty-seven golden mizas if you play your cards right. If you need an advance on your wages at any point feel free to do some begging on the side just don't get caught by the Knights.” Avira laid down his rather extensive, strict terms in a gruff sort of manner. Shane could see why he was such a good salesman. He left little room for manoeuvre.

Shane found himself nodding along just trying to follow it all. He needed to commit it all to memory. This was his new life now and, as with every new endeavour, Brun advised he learn the rules fast and cement them down. Only when they were cemented down could one hope to see the cracks but when you could see them that was when you could reap maximum success. Every system was exploitable and it was those who could exploit it that gained it's truest fruits.

“You can start by putting your jaw back together and unpacking some of the newest artifacts I just received by courier from Sahova. I know a Nuit who knows a Nuit who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Speaking of hands I hope you brought gloves 'cause my last clerk ended up with a hand full of thumbs for touching a magical item with his bare hands. Knights had to cut off his hand and everything...”
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

[Undeiable Interests] The Terms and Conditions

Postby Radiant on October 22nd, 2013, 6:32 pm

Shane :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Dominac: Grumpy Old Geezer

Loots

Notes :
Amusing! Hahaha! :D

Shane, I would advise making your solos longer, at least 3 medium-length posts. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)