Completed [The Leather Works] Daddy?

Shane has a funny turn in The Leather Works. He also gets gloves! Yay!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Leather Works] Daddy?

Postby Shane Wallsly on October 23rd, 2013, 7:24 pm

Timestamp: 38th Fall 513 AV (18th bell, 32nd chime)

Shane's legs were heavy and his mind fogged when he finally exited the shop after his first full day of work. He hadn't expected it to be so... so much effort. The old man was insistent, to the point of maniacal, that no man would clean his shop which struck that from Shane's job description. They'd had three customers the entire day and Avira hadn't let him talk to any one of them. So there went actually selling anything. Instead, somehow, his entire day had been spent delivering messages, fetching his bosses lunch, unpacking boxes and, at one point, balancing a book upon his head for Avira's amusement. How all of that had taken ten hours he did not know but it seemed like he hadn't had a moment's rest all day.

He so wished to go home and lay in his bed. Perhaps have something to eat. Rest, however, was not his main priority right now. He had to get a pair of gloves before the leatherworks shut for the day. All day he had been wincing every time he had needed to touch one of the supposedly magical artifacts. Avira had also saw it fit to repeat the story of his last clerk but with a higher level of detail on the part where the poor soul lost his hand.

Shane had never been to the leatherworks before so when the smell hit him it was with the full force of the most pestilent fumes he had ever smelled. The damp chill and winds that surrounded him die not help much either. At least, he reasoned, it was not raining. He needed gloves anyway. There was no ifs or buts about it. The story of Avira's last clerk had actually given him a nightmare last night. He valued his hands too much not to take the old man seriously even if he could have been joking. It was just not worth the risk.

Shane made as wide a berth around the giant tiger as he possibly could. He had been told it was not hostile but that didn't mean it would appreciate him occupying it's territory. Shane was not much of a fan of animals. Perhaps some day Shane could see a dog in his future but that was about it in terms of his endearment toward animals. They were less dangerous than the human creature but, in most cases, ten times more vicious.

He entered the shop and started looking around wasting no time in his hunt for gloves. The shopkeeper, a Myrian he was told, was nowhere to be found so it was up to Shane to locate a pair of gloves that would fit him. After some searching he eventually found a pair of plain old leather gloves. The most ordinary pair in existence aside from the other pairs lined up next to the pair he had selected. Those ones were horrifyingly similar. It's not that there wasn't gloves with patterns on them. It was just that Shane was convinced such gloves would cost more despite the lack of any price tag and what was the point in paying more for one thing over another that had the exact same functionality?

Just as Shane was about to tackle the issue of the missing shopkeeper the Myrian seemed to appear out of some nook or cranny. He greeted Shane with such warmth it caused him to almost back pedal and wonder if they'd met before. Then, all of a sudden, the Myrian was his father. As clear as day the man was definitely his father. He was exactly how he remembered him down to the evrry last detail. Then, as quick as the flicking of a switch, the man was not his father but instead a complete stranger of a Myrian. Most likely the one who ran this shop.

“Are you alright, friend?” The Myrian asked his big brown eyes filled with concern.

“Yes, yes. Of course I am.” Shane snapped back grumpily. This whole affair had put him in an ill mood. He lifted up the gloves and asked simply “How much?”

“Nine silver mizas, friend, and I'll throw in a free smile.” The Myrian beamed wildly not waiting for Shane to reject the offer.

Shane reached into his pocket and pulled out a gold miza placing it in the Myrian's outstretched hand. “I want my change.” Shane declared very seriously to the man as he placed the miza in his hand.

“I can be doing that.” He said as he retreated to the sales counter. Putting the gold coin away he withdrew a silver rimmed one and held it out for Shane. “I am Nabinu and it was a pleasure doing business with you, friend. Come back any time.”

Without so much as a 'bah humbug' Shane took his change and left the shop. Once outside he buried his head deep in his hands. What had just happened to him? A hallucination? No way... It couldn't be... He hadn't even used his Hypnotism for days and there was no way his minor uses of Auristics was doing this to him was there?

Shane would have stood on that front porch for some time had he not at that moment looked out from between his hands and saw a giant tiger staring back at him. Despite the Tiger being several feet away and doing nothing but simply looking at him Shane was agitated and jumpy so it sent him all the way back to his room in the bowels of stormhold citadel with nary a break in pace all the way back. When finally he got up the gall to address the situation again it was firmly decided in his own mind that it was the stress of new employment or some magic trick from those artifacts he'd been handling. It was nothing to worry about. Probably.

Receipt :
Gloves – 9 SM

Total = 9 SM
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

[The Leather Works] Daddy?

Postby Radiant on October 24th, 2013, 2:10 am

Shane :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Nabiru: Myrian Owner Of The "All Things Leather"

Loots
Gloves
-9 SM

Notes :
Good solo, Shane. :) I recommend splitting them up, this particular solo can be split to 2 posts.

And oh, the shops name is "All Things Leather". You might have confused it with "The Ironworks".

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)