Completed [Docks] Is This Still Happening?

(Hadyn Skellig)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Docks] Is This Still Happening?

Postby Orion Michaels on January 14th, 2014, 3:39 am

Orion was surprised at how she welcomed him. He’d expected a violent retaliation, a shove, a kick, anything but what she did. Instead, she wrapped her arms around him, joining him in the embrace he offered. He wasn’t sure how to feel about it, but he wasn’t going to complain. So rare had there been moments of peace, so rare had there been a chance to relax. The warmth of her fingers against his flesh was more than welcomed, a soft sigh as they, for a moment, held each other like people who cared about one another.

He couldn’t find the words to say, to even begin. Only a few moments ago the squire couldn’t make himself stop talking. It was such a joke sometimes, or rather, he was the joke. ”Wouldn’t be us if we did things right,” he muttered in reply, his fingers nervously running along the fabric of her shirt, somewhere between caressing and pinching. He couldn’t commit either way, something that was all too common for the young man.

A frown momentarily touched his lips when she offered to let him touch her belly, though she didn’t directly ask. A pair like them couldn’t be so forward, despite being nothing but forward on the night they’d met. ”That’s a good thing, right?” His voice was tentative, weary. ”I’m a physician, not a midwife. I’m afraid I don’t know anything here.” Orion gently stroked Hadyn’s arm, making no immediate move to feel her belly. He wasn’t sure what she would do if he let go at all, and he was so desperate for what they had in the moment that he feared releasing her.

But common sense would win out this day.

Slowly but surely the squire slid a hand down to her belly to feel for the kick she was telling him about, a soft smile creeping on his lips when he felt the child move. ”It’s hard to believe such a thing is possible, Hadyn.” Every time he felt it move, it was a just a bit more real. Run as he may, he couldn’t deny reality any further.

Withdrawing his hand, Orion took a deep breath and released her from his grasp, unbearable emotion building inside him. The squire turned from her, swallowing as he struggled to maintain his composure. "I've got to go. Sorry you had to see me like this." He took a step forward, the hardest step he'd taken in some time, and began his abrupt departure. "You have my thanks, for what it's worth," he said without so much as a glance back at the mother of his child.

His face was flushed red, and he couldn't give a petch about the rest of his patrol. He needed sleep, and he needed a break from everything. It was all too much.

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on January 15th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Hadyn was careful... ever so careful as the moments stretched on. She was walking on eggshells, the slightest wrongful pressure threatening to give way and crack the odd peace between them. She knew better than to hold expectations of the man's actions or words so the tension wasn't nearly as engulfing. When he acted she would react. It was the only way to avoid anger, confusion and all the other emotions they so readily entreated each other with of late.

He was indecisive, pressing and pulling at her gently. There was no easy method to calm him. No telling him 'just relax' or 'let it go.' He was Orion Michaels. Confident, brazen, shielded, brusque, gregarious, challenging, stubborn, caustic, fulsome - all adjectives she could draw from their time in each others company. Despite this claim to understanding he was enigmatic. In some ways she hardly knew him at all. In others she understood him as if she were looking at herself.

A half smile touched her lips when he finally pressed a hand to her belly. There was no discerning why it pleased her so. Perhaps the action was evidence he was thinking beyond himself at that moment. Or perhaps she was lonely of another human's touch. Either way Orion would feel his child move and somersault. One might surmise the baby was reacting the parents' closeness. Hadyn figured it had more to do with her conflicting emotions.

"I know," she answered to his shoulder, eyes downcast as he began to remove himself from her. Before she could catch his eye he was turning away. He offered an apology and farewell in one breath, as well as an acknowledgement of her... what? presence? ignoring the cold that swept across her as Orion left the woman ran a hand through dark waves of hair, regaining her beloved independence and solitude in a single chime.

"I'll see you around," she murmured to his retreating form. His sudden breaking of their embrace and departure didn't upset her. She had no expectations when it came to the father of her child so his needing to go was just another leave taking. Standing a moment in the quiet street Hadyn gathered her wits and placed ahand where his had rested on her belly.

Time to move on. Again.

Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Radiant on February 4th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Orion :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +5 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Hadyn: Deepening The Bond

Loots

Hadyn :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Socialization +5 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Orion: Deepening The Bond

Loots

Notes :
What a beautiful thread, Orion and Hadyn. I hope everything turns out alright for them... There's not much lore to award, but it's still an amazing work! Kudos to you both!

Hadyn, a note, you listed your Socialization and Observation skills as "Competent" when they should be "Expert" already. :) Please fix them.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous