Solo [Antinous Training Grounds] Swordplay 101

Ball starts at the basics of swordplay

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Swordplay 101

Postby Ball on November 7th, 2013, 3:02 pm

1 Fall 513
Antinous Training Grounds
Sixth Morning Bell

Ball found himself once again in the Training Grounds of the Knights. It was the first time Ball had decided to leave his mount at the barracks and venture out this way on his own. His diminutive size proved to be a lot easier to get through the crowds and into the grounds far faster than he did with Imass. Ball’s inch and a half rapier was tied to his waist by the strip of fabric given to him by his first Patron Knight.

It was early and most squires and knights would either be downstairs eating, sleeping, or doing whatever they would find themselves doing. Ball’s current patron was a sad example of a knight, he was a fat lazy man with little urge to get up. Ball had only meet the man once since he had returned from the land of monks. And since then Ball had been on his own basically. The squire had spent the last season preparing himself for the future. Practicing with Thorn and purchasing the rapier at his side, that is what the small squire has spent most of his time doing as of late.

Finding himself a large square of open space, it was actually a foot by a foot slightly risen at an angle roofing tile that Ball had found himself to use as a training location. Being only three inches tall, this tile was the perfect size for him to work with, it was four times his height in both directions and it was risen up on one side to provide a slanted terrain.

Standing at the edge of the tile where it was mostly level with the rest of the grounds the miniature clay squire pulled his rapier from it’s sheath, a clumsy movement for sure as he had little practice in doing so. It slid out with a scraping sound before it came free, Ball’s grip nearly being lost as the tip of his rapier found itself free of the leather casing, the rapier tipped awkwardly forward before he got it under control slightly. Holding the tip so it pointed to the sky Ball stared intently at the flat of the blade, seeing his humanoid shaped face in the reflection, a scowl of an expression shown back at him.

The look took Ball by surprise, changing the scowl to a wide O shape before Ball lowered the flat from his face, shifting his arm so that the blade was straight out in front of him, the thin edge running parallel with the flat ground not the incline he found himself standing upon. His arm was straight out. Narrowing his focus on the tip of the blade Ball knew he had to make sure he could keep the blade level before he could even practice with it properly.

Remembering the first time he nearly took off a tentacle and decided after that to change his form to it’s current state. During that first day in this form Ball had taken to swinging his rapier around a bit, it was clumsy and dangerous. His form was way off and his strikes were poorly executed, he couldn’t keep the sword on level with his body. So it was this reason alone that Ball decided to start from square one and that was to train his body to keep the sword level to his perceived center of gravity, if the squired pycon could keep his sword straight for a decent period of time he could then shift the blade’s positioning into a more useful and combat designed stance and position.

Ball could see the blade was trembling, it didn’t take long for the tip to wobble and Ball could feel the burning sensation in his arm as he kept sword and arm stretched out. This sensation was not a complete alienated feeling for the Pycon, he recalled it from his time under Blue Pycon tutorage and he knew bloody well the pain was not a bad thing in this situation.

Gritting his lips into a tightly forming line Ball tried his hardest to ‘steel’ his arm against the burning sensation.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm

The sensation was beginning to prove too much for Ball and he had no choice but to let the sword's tip droop and eventually drop to touch the ground. Damn it. He growled at himself and stood up straight once more. With a yank of his arm to level with the flat ground around his tilted slant Ball once more brought the blade to a flat-blade parallel form.

Inhaling as he forced his arm to quit quivering, the squire finally exhaled once his arm was stabilized. Now all Ball had to do was keep his breathing going until he had no issues with handling the sword in this position. The pain was still there but Ball was doing his best to force it out of his nexus. The longer he could ignore it the longer the pycon could hold the sword up in this fashion. Building up the ability to balance his rapier in this fashion Ball knew he would be able to later on handle the sword in any position... He hoped.

Blue Pycon. You have given me the courage to continue on. Ball puffed his body full of life and muscle sustaining oxygen, squishing the urge to drop the sword when the burning sensation started in the forearm region of his stubby arm. Other Pycon. How I miss you... I was hoping we would meet again... The rush of warmth rippling through his body aided in the ignoring of the burning sensation. It didn't last long though as the weight of the outstretched one and a half inch forged rapier quivered and his extended arm buckled when the tip waved upward far too much...

Once more his arm sagged at the elbow and wrist, the blade tipped towards the ground and Ball gave in. Allowing the blade's tip to gracefully touch the ground before him. Panting heavily Ball wiped condensation from his body before standing straight once more and staring once again at the flat of his blade.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on January 13th, 2014, 6:13 pm

The time for game was over! Ball was tired of just holding his sword straight just to watch it sag moments later and land tip first in the ground. A sword didn’t go in the ground! It went in the enemy! Raising sword again Ball took a step forward and flicked his sword at an imaginary opponent his size. Swords bounce apart. Ball twisted his wrist back inward, bringing his sword around in a clumsy circle before straightening it out with a quivering jab.

One man down! Twisting body and slashing in the same direction Ball rolled his full weight, dodging ‘an attacker’s swing’ by a hair’s width. Bringing sword up an attempt to block a downward shot to his body from above the pycon’s blade slipped into place, also into his hand. Hissing loudly he kicked up at the ‘enemy’ dislodging blades (and his hand) and once more found himself on the offensive.

Slashing left and right, up and down, back and forth. It was a fast and sloppy mess, but soon he stood in the midst of hundreds of ‘slain enemies’. Panting heavily he looked at his hand, it was a thin line were his blade bit his hand, but it wasn’t very deep wound. Re-sheathing his blade the pycon pressed the two sides of the wound together and pinched tightly.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Meville Brightshade on January 27th, 2014, 2:15 am

Goodies!

Please make sure to edit your posts in the requests thread to let us know who has been graded! Thank you!

Name: Ball (the Awesome)
Experience gained:
  • Endurance: + 2
  • Rapier + 2
  • Bodybuilding + 1
Lores earned:
  • Small Stature: Superior Crow Maneuverability
  • Endurance Technique: Mind Over Matter
  • Training Technique: Slaying Phantasms
  • Rapier: A Level Blade
  • Tis Only a Flesh Wound
Consequences:
  • A day of overall soreness

Notes: :
Haha, wow. Good thread! My own arms were hurting just thinking about it! Anyway, I loved his slow decent into impatience and the final frantic climax of his frustration. Good buildup, good finish! I look forward to reading more of your threads!

Questions or concerns? Send me a PM with "Grade" in the title, and we'll chat it out!

[/color]
Meville Brightshade
Player

Words: 287257
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)