Closed G'Morning [Brandon Blackwing]

Waking up in someone else's bed... Odd.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

G'Morning [Brandon Blackwing]

Postby Engghaen on November 18th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Enggy was still thinking about his answers, when she realised she had indeed broke the rules twice. Then she hit her forehead with her hand. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Apparently she had underestimated her ability of following rules.Her own rules.

Then her mouth fell open. "But that's not fair!" Of course it was fair. It was as fair as could be. She just wanted him to break the rules. Just once. Then she sighed. A kiss? That shouldn't be a problem. But that question... She made a sour face in Brandon's direction. "Do I really..? Please...?" There was no getting out of it now, the cat realised. Oh well. It's not that bad. It's not like you need to do anything embarrassing.

Still thinking, she stared at Brandon. "Well, I er... Man, why do you pick the annoying tough questions?" Her face showed deep wrinkles. "I don't think I know an answer to that." she murmled eventually. "And apart from that, I don't like to talk about myself. It makes me feel like I'm boasting."
It's true though. And I can't find an answer yet.

"Let me just first go for that kiss, alright?" She looked a bit painful when he laughed. Was he laughing at her? Despite of that, the cat kneeled down in front of Brandon. He apparently likes to tease girls, but I'm not going to be annoyed by that. This couldn't be too hard, could it? She leaned down and towards him, pressing her lips on his again.
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 18th, 2013, 8:27 pm

She didn’t really complain about the punishment, but more so about the question he’d asked her. The girl grunted and made a sour face to him. her face wrinkled in thought, pondering on how to reply. In the end she didn’t find any. That was what she claimed anyway. Not that he didn’t believe her. He did, but he wanted an answer on his inquiry. It would provide a huge amount of information. He’d get to know her better.

The black haired girl seemed quite eager to get the punishment, the kiss, over with and leaned forward, touching his lips with hers. He leaned in a bit, kissing her back. Then, by moving his head backwards, he broke their contact. “Okay, that ought to do it. I’m afraid I can’t let it last longer, even though I know you want it to.” He shrugged. “It’s punishment after all. But I am wondering if I’m not punishing myself more than you with this …? Oh well, can’t be helped.”

“So, since you are unable to answer my genius question, it leaves me no choice but to ask another one. Honestly…” He shook his head while making ‘tsk’ noises with his tongue. He tapped his chin with his fingers, while scratching his scalp with his left hand. It didn’t take long before he found yet another hard question to ask.

“So, here’s another hard one: What about me made you curious about me? Last night I mean. What was it that you found attractive about me? That’s one and the same question by the way. I’m not going to give in to your silent demands to break your rules. And I still have the wild card anyway.”

Truth to be told, he was very curious about her answer. He recalled being horribly drunk, his headache, stabbing him now and then when he thought of it, proved that. So he had no idea what he said or did that she fell for him. Not that he didn’t like it. On the contrary, it was the best thing that had ever happened. Possibly.

It just seemed too much of a coincidence that he met her, fell in love on first sight and that happened with her as well. Unless Cheva had been involved, but he doubted that the Goddess would do such a thing since that wouldn’t be true love. Well, from one of their parts anyway. He didn’t know who of them it would be, but he doubted it was the work of the Goddess of Love.

No, it had to be the real thing then, right? He nodded to himself, it had to be. He’d actually never heard of Cheva messing with people’s personal feelings for each other. It was a cruel thing to do and even though love could be cruel, he believed the Goddess was not. Not that he knew what she was like though. It was just what he’d heard from worshippers. And even if, it didn’t hurt, did it? Not yet, that is.
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Engghaen on November 19th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Enggy leaned back and let herself fall on her knees so she could sit next to him. Yes, he was probably punishing him more then her. Anyway, he didn't need to know that. None of his business. She wasn't that eager. Just... A little.

What she had found appealing about him? Well. Err. "Um." Then an anwer shot in her head and she tried to look him in the eyes instead of looking away. "I love your eyes. They're beautiful." the girl said simply. "They weren't as bright as they are now, but..." Now feeling a bit ashamed, she did look away. "And your gentleman-ness. It had been ages- has been ages since someone actually cared about me." A blush crept up her cheeks and the sour face disappeared.

"My turn! Let's see. I'm awful at questions." she said, now much more joyful. "Do you like being Kelvic? I mean, do you mind when-" Abruptly, the Kelvic shut her mouth. "No more wildcards and punishments!"

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 19th, 2013, 7:51 pm

The bat closed his eyes to reflect on what he had heard coming from the girl’s mouth. She thought his dark orbs were beautiful? He liked them too, but just like any other person who likes their own body. He didn’t think his orbs looked out of the ordinary. Not really. But he adored her bright blue eyes as well, did he not? Strange, but an acceptable answer. He had been happy with just that.

There was another thing she mentioned though. Apparently the thief had acted like a gentleman. He couldn’t really remember acting different than he usually was, but the black haired girl seemed to believe he was like that. He shrugged. If she thought he was, than he was. It didn’t matter for him. Sure, he had been, and still was, nice to her, making sure not to make a bad impression. Not that he really had changed or tried to change the way he came over, he just was like that. Also a good reply. It satisfied him.

Engghaen blushed a bit. The pinkish colour her cheeks were taking on made her face a bit less pale. It was a wonderful sight. He grinned, he’d tease her a bit more from now on. It was worth doing. If she’d blush, that is. Or smiled. It did not really matter which one of the two, but it made her features stand out just a tad bit better.

The girl seemed to have opened more than earlier. She seemed to be more cheerful as well. Was it because of him, or because of the game? He didn’t know, but it could be a combination of the both of them. In her eagerness to pose another question, she almost added another. Cutting herself of mid sentence, she realised what she was about to do. “No more punishments and wildcards!” she exclaimed.

The bat did his best to look sad, but he failed miserably since he had to concentrate not to burst out in laughter again. The scene had been way too funny to watch. The first moment she was chatting happily, the other she almost bit her tongue off. The expression painted on her pale face was worth seeing. “B-but I l- l- like … phhffff! P- puni- shing naugh- ty g- hahaha! Girls like y- you thahaha!”

He could not help nor stop it. He couldn’t contain the laughter within himself. Tears started flowing down his cheeks as he rolled over multiple times, pressing his arms against his stomach. It took a couple of chimes to stop. Every time he almost regained control, the image of her expression popped up in his mind’s eye, making him start over again.

Eventually, he calmed down and looked the cat in the eye sheepishly. “Sorry, could not help it.” he grinned. “But your question … erm … what was it again? Do I enjoy being a Kelvic? Frankly, I have absolutely not a clue what you mean with that. I am what I am. I haven’t really thought about it. Do I enjoy it? I do not know. I need some specification.”

Recalling the second question she had been meaning to ask, he got a bit curious. Did he mind … what? He had to know. It would help him to provide his partner with a satisfying answer. He decided that was going to be his next question. It was his turn anyway.

“An easy inquiry for you, my dear. What were you about to ask me? You made me curious. Too curious for my own good. Tell me, what did you want to ask me?” There was a catch with the answer though. One he only detected when waiting for her reply. Her answer would be a question. Would that answer also be her next question or not? He though it was. It was something she had been meaning to ask him, so it counted as both a reply and an answer. But she didn’t necessarily see it that way. He didn’t think it would cause trouble though. It was a game, so it shouldn’t matter. And besides they had lots of time. she could ask him all she wanted, for as long as she wanted.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Engghaen on November 21st, 2013, 7:16 pm

Brandon burst out in laughter. "Hey, I try my best!" She tried to keep her mouth shut and look as serious as possible, but whenever she looked at him her grin grew bigger. Then Engghaen also burst out in laughter, still trying to look serious."N- not- pfffht! Fu- fuh- fuhnny!" Her laughter was shorter than Bran's though, and when she could finally get hold of herself, Brandon was still laughing. She waited patiently until he was done, now smirking happily.

He finally came out of his words. No, no, that wasn't what she wanted to ask. Oh well. His question was about what she had tried to say. Erm. That was something she had actually done without thinking. "Euuuh... I wanted to say if you mind the whole shifting stuff... And afterwards." she looked past Brandon at his clothing. "...But since your clothes are there and you are here and you still don't jump up I guess you're one of the Kelvics who don't mind." She pulled up her knees and stared at him.

"That was not my question, it was just an answer to yours. So, it's my turn now. Let's see. Uhm." Think, Enggy, think. "Why, apart from the fact that you were drunk, did you kiss me?" Then she realised he still had his wildcard. Oh well. Never mind. If he uses it, it's used and he can't use it again. If he doesn't, I'll get an answer.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 21st, 2013, 8:44 pm

The bat frowned. Was that it? Asking if he didn’t mind not having clothes on? Well, that was a bit of an anticlimax. He didn’t let her know though. He merely blinked and replied on her statement. “Ah, no, not really. I don’t really mind being unclothed. I mean I like my cape and scarf and all, but that’s because my cloak looks cool and my scarf … for personal reasons. So no I don’t mind. Do you?”

The girl had pulled up her knees, hugging them tightly to her chest. That accompanied by the stare she gave him made him slightly blush. It was cute. He smiled. It suited her, sitting like that. Another statement was made. This one was about this not being her real question but the answer to his one. He shrugged. He did not mind. Time was something he had plenty. At least for now.

Then the long expected inquiry came. The bat had been waiting for this one. Even though he only realised now that he’d been waiting for it. Thoughts could be read from his face. Why did he kiss her, apart for the reason that he had been drunk? So he had kissed her twice that evening. He couldn’t remember the first time, but he had been sober the second time, so that couldn’t be the kiss she was talking about. Or was it? Maybe better ask first. “Uhm … Do you mean the time I kissed you before or after I took a dive in the fountain? I was sober after my lungs had been filled with water, so I’m guessing the kiss you are talking about took place after that event.”

“Either way, I think the answer will be the same. Probably because I fell for you instantly. Well, you can’t really blame a fellow who’d almost drowned for taking a fair lady such as yourself for one of the Divine.” He grinned with his dark orbs closed. “Yeah, I think that’s the main reason.”

“My turn now, let me think…” the bat let his voice slowly fade at the end of the sentence. What could he ask? Maybe about her occupation? Nah, she probably didn’t have any yet. It appeared as if she’d just arrived here after all. She was going to set up a tent in the middle of the square. He grinned, finding the memory rather funny and quite odd. But well, she was going to do so for him. And for herself. Where she was from then? Hm… Maybe. Not just yet.

“Have you met other thieves? Friendly ones like me I mean. Not that there are much around, but well,” he shrugged, pulling up his arms in a questioning gesture, “You never know.” He had no idea why he was asking this. It had rolled off his tongue before he’d noticed. Was it jealousy? For possible other friendly thieves? Or other people in general? Males especially? That was ridiculous. There was no way she had met an other thief that was friendly too. Impossible.

And besides, it was pretty mean, not wanting her to get along with other males. Be it human or other Kelvic. She did what she wanted. He wasn’t going to hog her for his own now was he? Yes you will! Great, just great. His instinct told him to do so, but his heart told him otherwise. The bat made an attempt to shrug the icy feeling off. He wasn’t like that. Oh, but you are. You can just shut up!

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Engghaen on November 23rd, 2013, 9:32 pm

"Ah. Right." She thought before replying. "Yes, I do. A little."
Thinking about what her next question would be, Brandon answered her own question. So he had forgotten he had kissed her twice? He questioned her about which kiss it had to be. Actually, it was both. But never mind. Yes, she was expecting this answer. It made sense. She just had to make sure it was not something different.

Her cheeks now showed a bright red and one hand got up there to feel. Warm.
Great. That's exactly what he wants.
Is it? Of course it is, it only makes sense, he was teasing you before too!
But that was different.
Yes. In just the tiny fact that you are now sitting.
You are annoying me.
You too.

It was a great game for him. Say something funny and make a girl blush! In this case, the girl you love!

He said it was his turn. Wait... It's my turn! You've already asked me a question! She grinned. "Brand-" but he was already asking her, in this case about if she had met any other friendly thieves. To be honest, she had, but to anwer this to him would probably make him angry or even a bit disappointed.

"Well, erm. Yes, I have. One. But he is nothing like you and I do not love him. I did not kiss him, he is just a friend." she tried to see how Brandon would react. "I would never do that to you."

"...But, sir I-am-good-at-following-rules, you broke the rules. Twice. you asked me three questions instead of one. About if I would mind, about the kiss and another friendly thief. So that means table has turned now." A big grin appeared on her face.

"Same things for you. A wildcard for me and punishment for you or I scrap your wildcard and you get punishment. You can pick." With that, she looked at him again. Ha. I can pay attention. It is not like I am that stupid. The cat actually felt quite statisfied with herself. She had busted him while he broke the rules without noticing!

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 24th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Just a friend huh? But she had met one. The bat hoped he hadn’t been too friendly. But she claimed she didn’t kiss him. He hoped she spoke the truth. For his sake. An other thief. A friendly one. She had met one… here in Lhavit. That was not really a great thing to hear. This hadn’t been the answer he’d hoped on. But oh well. You can always ask who he is and where to find him. And beat the crap out of him so he won’t ever come near her again. Hmm, yes will do. Wait! What?!

And then she mentioned he’d broken the rules twice. Had he now? When? Oh, but those times did not count. “Those were rhetorical questions. Not actual questions. But I’ll play along since I am curious what kind of punishment you will think off.”

He didn’t really mind getting punished. If it was for her, he’d walk through a fire. Probably. But right now, he was just curious. It would provide him the opportunity to get to know her better. Depending on the kind of punishment, he might find a hidden aspect of her personality. Like the smug look on her face right now, saying ‘Ha! I got you. I’m not stupid you know.’ It was interesting to watch. He grinned. “Well, have you figured out what punishment you will give me yet?”

A bubbling noise came to his ears, begging for attention. “Hold on a tick, it seems that your tea is boiling.” He stood up, and grabbed the handle of the kettle and hoisted it up and lifted it out of the hearth. Then he placed it on the floor. It smelled strange. Sharp. Like the herbs in the kitchen he never used. He wondered what kind of effect they would have. Did Engghaen actually know anything of herbs or had she just grabbed some and thrown them into the water, hoping it would be healthy to drink it. Somehow he was a bit reluctant to drink for it.

Rather, he couldn’t drink it. He had no bowls at hand. Maybe there were some in the kitchen. He couldn’t recall buying a bowl, or stealing one for that matter, but maybe he might find one. The bat paced off to the small room. Where would he have placed one? He opened one of the closet doors hanging from the ceiling. Maybe he got lucky. But he did not. He sighed. Next. A drawer. Nothing but a small statue. He frowned. Had he ever stolen something trivial like that? Apparently. Then there had to be a bowl somewhere too.

The thief headed deeper in the kitchen. Another cupboard with stolen stuff. Books this time. but no bowl or mug. He grumbled to himself. Where could it be? Maybe in this cupboard? Nope. This one perhaps? Not there. And what about here? There it was. A small wooden bowl. There was only one. What if Enggy wanted some of her … herb- water- tea stuff? She could drink from this one. He didn’t think she would mind.

He returned to the cat, scooping up some of the hot liquid with the bowl and sat down careful not to spill any on his person. He was nude and hot liquids on bare skin would hurt a lot. Steam crinkled from the surface of the tea, spiralling into the air. The bat blew on the water, cooling it off a bit. Then he placed the bowl at his lips and just when he was about to take a sip, he decided not to and placed the bowl on the floor.

“Do you mind telling me what herbs you used? It’s not that I don’t trust you, but … er …. Well… You know. Better safe than sorry.” He paused briefly, staring at the damping surface of the hot tea. “Also, have you decided on my punishment yet? I’m getting a bit impatient.” he beamed her a warm smile.

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Engghaen on November 25th, 2013, 6:00 pm

You could see a small sign of doubt in his face. "Really, I promise." she said with an odd smile, trying her best to sound convincing. Why did he not believe her? She was speaking the truth! It was a bit selfish of him to ask that. Why would it be a problem if she knew another one..? "Do not worry, Ardan just wants to help me. I am far from in love with him, okay?"

Rhetorical questions? Oh, you! I could have said that! Ack. But at least he lets me think of a punishment... If I know one.
Let him do some sort of physical exercise!
A big smile appeared on the girl's face.
Exercise? Why? How do you mean?
Well, then you know if he does not only look like he's fit, but if he really is!
You know, I am sometimes truly amazed by the things you come up with, brain.
Her smile grew bigger.
I come up with.

He jumped up. "Oh, my tea. Right. Erm." Bran was already off to the kitchen. She had forgotten to grab a bowl with her, but the kettle had been heavy and she could not carry more than that in one go.
Hmm... So what were you thinking about, genius?
Hey, I am not going to think of all of the fun things myself! That is up to you!
Up to me? But I have no idea!
Then you need to let his punishment go.
But it would be funny to see...
Then think of something.
Erm... Erm... Pushups?
Nah.
Why not?
Because they are not original.
Then what else? You are the brain here.
Ha. Ha. Funny. Not. Think of something.
Situps?
Same original thing, darling.
But I have no idea! You are supposed to help me, you know?
Can't I have a holiday for once?
Ooh, ooh, I know!
What? Have you come up with something?
I let him pick it himself!
Is that your best try?
Yes, that is my best try.
Sigh. You are awful.

Then she realised Bran was back. He did not drink her tea. Yet. Why not? The answer came quickly. Because he did not trust her and the herbs she had put in. "Euuh... I am awful with names. But if I remember, these were all edible. Or they were for in balm.. No. These were edible.

And no, not yet. I am still thinking. But I thought you might want to pick. I want to know if you are fit."
Engghaen said with a grin and carefully looked at how Bran would respond to her answer.

x

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Brandon Blackwing on November 27th, 2013, 9:58 pm

x
Engghean did not like it or so it appeared. It was written all over her face. She seemed a little hurt. He might have given her the wrong impression. His reluctance to drink was not because he did not trust her honest feelings whatsoever, but he didn’t trust her memory. Or were those one and the same thing? Well, he didn’t question the honesty of her motives. She could think this ones were edible, but she didn’t quite know for sure.

Also, it didn’t smell that good. If it tasted as it smelled, it would be disgusting. But she had said that it might help to get rid of his headache hadn’t she? That was the thing he didn’t like. Might. So if he were to drink it and it tasted awful, like it probably would, and it cured his headache, even if only a bit, then that would be worth it. But not the other way around. Chances on getting his painful head cured were low. So, would he take the risk?

He had to. She had gone through the trouble of making it for him. A nice gesture. Something he appreciated. According to his sense of politeness, he had to drink it. No excuses. He sighed. “Well then, here goes.” He brought the bowl to his lips and blew cold breaths over the rippling surface of the hot tea. When he deemed it to be on drinking temperature, he placed his lips on the edge of the bowl and took a careful first sip.

His mouth twisted in a disgusted grimace as the gulped the first bit of liquid down his throat. A shiver ran over his spine, sending forth waves of goose bumps over his skin. Way too bitter for his taste. He would like to comment on how nasty this was, but he could restrain his tongue. She had gone the trouble of preparing it and it might help, so he should drink it. He blew a few more times on the tea, and took another gulp. A big one. He figured that the more he gulped down at once, the less he had to drink. Although that actually made no difference whatsoever. He had also forgotten to take into account that the more he brought in his mouth at once, the harder it became to force it down his throat.

After a brief struggle, in which he seemed to have forgotten how to swallow, he managed to consume the liquid. His bowl still was half full though. Just when he gathered the courage to take another mouthful of distasteful tea when she asked him to pick out his punishment. Apparently she wanted to see how physically fit he was. That was a bit of a disappointment really. Too obvious of a punishment. He sighed. “And there I was thinking I might get spanked.” he grinned sheepishly.

A reply made its way to his mouth, but he could just keep himself from voicing it. He didn’t want to pick since he didn’t know any of those boring exercises. Staring down at the tea however, he decided to pretend thinking about her demand, as if he was really trying to pick his punishment. In reality he was counting the ticks. He was buying time. Every chime he didn’t have to drink this nasty brew was a chime he still could enjoy the usual taste of his saliva.

It was inevitable though. After a couple of chimes he just couldn’t keep up the appearance and had to give her hos pick. Which he hadn’t. Defeated he poured some of the disgusting drink down his throat. Pressing his eyelids closely shut, he shook his head in an uncontrollable way, shivers assaulting his spine. “I can’t come up with anything at all. Besides, I’d just pick the easiest thing I could think of. So you should pick my punishment, it’s for the better that way.” He gave the girl a shrug. He felt the tea splash in the bowl. There still was some left?! He felt like crying in misery, but he couldn’t. Tears wouldn’t come, and he didn’t want them to come either. Willpower peaking, he gulped down the remaining liquid and placed the bowl on the floor. The hairs along the nape of his neck stood up and pulled some skin with them. Even though the brew was travelling down to his stomach, he could still taste that awful drink. Hoping that smacking his lips would help, he did so a couple of times. Wasted effort.

x

Brandon Blackwing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext