Flashback Nuit, didn't you?

Kreig meets a Rayage, should be interesting, no?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Nuit, didn't you?

Postby Kreig Messer on November 16th, 2013, 5:47 pm

503 A.V. fall 31st 16th bell 9th chime

"...That all you got, dear gents? hardly breaking a sweat here!" Said the boisterous youth as he ducked a right hook and let it pass overhead, then threw a devestating, gauntlet-covered, right punch. Stunning his foe as he froze up and grasped his privates, slumping to the ground with wide eyes and letting out a low pitched whimper as he lay there in pain '...er... sorry about that?' He winced as he stood up with hands raised in an open palm, chuckling humorlessly at what he felt was going a bit overboard. Suddenly he was blindsided by a punch from his foe's friends, knocking him to the ground.

"Oh, you bloody..." Kreig let out as he landed on his back, eyes closing briefly before darting open to see the bottom of a boot ready to smash his head in 'Oh no you don't ' came the quick thought as he moved nudged his body to side, moving his head away from the oncoming stomp and letting it stomp the earth beneath him "Hah, missed ya bastard" He grinned as he launched himself upwards in a sitting position, throwing a left punch at the gent's right knee cap, an iron covered fist and the lads own naturally powerful punches breaking the bone, making the fool let out a blood curling scream as he fell back and grasped his leg. Constantly shouting "MY KNEE"

Kreig let out a feral grin as he stood back up and moved about his shoulder "Ah...sorry 'bout that, I usually don't cripple trying to take my life....half the time I leave them unconcious and the other they're dead" He scratched the back of his head as he looked at the remaining two bastards before him. They were youths perhaps only two years or so older than he. One of them was surprisingly tall, perhaps standing at 6'3" that one, while the other was closer to Kreig's height at 5'9"

The larger of the duo spoke out furiously "You stupid little petcher! Why the shyke didn't you say yes?! We had the makings of a good little gang!" He stomped the ground, in his hand a long piece of flat wood from some crate he used as a club. Kreig simply shrugged his shoulders as he leant against the wall, giving them a big grin.

"Where do I begin, my dear chaps? First, excluding me of course, four stupid idiots think they can start a gang, when they've no proper weapons , I mean save for that piece of wood and the dagger your friend is holding, you lot are about as intimidating as a shark out of water. Also, you don't seem to have any brains if you thought you did. Second, I made a promise to me mum I wouldn't get into any gang shinanigans while she still breathes and last I checked? She still did, even if she wasn't I don't think I'd join up with you lot, better the Syndicates actually. Third, Well...I just wanted a good rumble and you lot look like a decent excuse for one" He then laughed boisterously before stopping and glaring at the duo with a grin "Now, how about I grind you to dust, eh?"

That was the last straw for the larger of the duo as he launched forward with surprising speed, swinging his club at the young brawler, Kreig didn't have much time to dodge as he raised his arm. The club connecting with his forearm and shoulder and sending him falling to the side and on the ground again 'Shyyyyke...' He thought as he felt a pain as he tried to move his left arm 'is it broken?' He thought, but didn't have time to confirm as he rolled to the side to avoid an incoming strike from the damnable brute's club.

Kreig picked up a rather decent sized stone in his hand as he did so, perhaps the size of a nut 'Big enough for what I'm about to do...' He thought, as he rolled again, the big lad shouting furiously as he struck the earth rather than his intended target. Kreig then bent back has leg and ejected forward as he struck the brute's knee, forcing him to his knee as he yelped in pain and looked down briefly. Kreig then quickly got to his own and moved forward "[b] You bastard, I'll.." He then looked forward with an open mouth, his eyes widening as he saw the stone before it disappeared into his mouth, Kreig's hand clasping against and forcing his head up as he swallowed the stone... and lodging it in his throat due to its size.

He grasped at his own neck, unable to breath, wanting to speak but unable to "Sorry mate, no air goes in...no loud goes out" Kreig said he removed his hand from the brute's mouth and looked at the remaining lad. The larger one panicking as he was unable to breath, trying to ask for help....before the darkness took him and never let him go "Now, three down and... one to go, was it?" Kreig tilted his head as he looked hungrily at the dagger wielding lad, flashing a toothy grin. The remaining thug, surprisingly so, wasn't fazed one bit by Kreig's brutal display of prowess. Instead he simply scowled, as if insulted by what he saw.

"Oh , and what's got you so fussy ma-" He wasn't allowed to complete that sentence as the remaining thug launched himself at the brawler, thrusting his dagger. Kreig jumped back slightly, only to again, fall on the ground as the dagger brat caught him off gaurd with a sweeping motion of his leg....yes...sweeping him off his feet 'oooofff, what is it? Should I compliment the sky or something on how lovely it looks this day? Perhaps that will keep me on my feet..." He thought, and again he rolled to the side to avoid a leg stomp, gave a leg sweep of his own as he dropped the lad on his back. He then stood up and quickly readied his own stomp, only AGAIN to fall on his back as the dagger brat hooked his foot to the back of Kreig's leg and pulled.

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF DIRA!" Kreig shouted, obviously annoyed by the frequency of this situation, the dagger brat than stood and jumped, ready to land his dagger at Kreig throats....only to stop abruptly in the air as Kreig raised his foot, the sole of his boot connecting with the abdomen, knocking the air out of him as he gasped and his eyes bulged wide, before losing consciousness and dropping to the side.

Kreig breathed heavily, but laughed widely 'This was fun...oh yes, this was fun indeed' He slowly stood up but winced as he grasped his left arm 'bah, looks like its gonna bruise..' then felt the pain in his cheeck 'that too...' His mum was gonna have a fit if she saw him like this "Best get home a little later then" But if did that, what was he to till then? He left the alley into the streets "Get into another fight maybe?" He thought silently as he walked amongst the crowd, who payed no mind to the bruised looking young man in their midst "Maybe get a bite to eat?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Nuit, didn't you?

Postby Rayage on November 20th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Sunberth, thus far the city has been most unwelcoming. There were street fights every which way to be seen, and although the lack of order was new to the nuit most people didn’t seem to bat an eyelash at such occurrences. There seemed to be no law, no order, but only Chaos, and not exactly the kind found in Ravok. In fact, Ray seemed to prefer Ravoks kind of chaos better than this anarchy. What really made him on edge was that the wizard himself would get weird looks when passing by certain people. He hoped that there would be no physical confrontation, for he was not the sort of person to handle well in a fight. He used his words, his wit, and altogether it seemed that so far this city would immune to most of his powers.

Pulling the heavily patched and multi-colored cloak tighter around him, the huge garment concealed most of his un-dead looks. What remained was only his face, which having just switched into a body, wasn’t all that ‘undead’ looking so far. Though he was still weak from the transfer, and the nuit knew that he would have to try to keep the lowest of low profiles here in Sunberth. He could play the game, but the people here played the game much differently than he did. It was almost unfairly played here. Though the nuit caught himself in that thinking. It was not unfair, for the world is not unfair. The world follows strict laws, and behaviors, which can be seen in all living things. The world if far from unfair, and so is this place. It is just different, and it was, as it always was and is, a game of survival. Though not just anyone or anything can survive, and Sunberths population was an excellent way to observe the laws of this world unimpeded and untouched by human nature.

The wizard stopped at a sight, watching one of the street brawls to its completion, and sighed. They all were barbarians. Uneducated chaos was the worst kind. The nuit concluded that this city held little more than death and fights. He also made note as not to accidently bump into anyone, man or woman, on the streets. His paranoia was climbing higher and higher as he continued to watch the fight. A boy took out at least three others. It was a sad thing to watch, humans fighting each other for no apparent reason. It reminded Ray of animals. Yes… Animals was a good comparison for Sunberth.

At the fights conclusion, the wizard watched the boy walk off. He seemed to have been the only person really watching or caring about the fight at all. Instead of checking on the boys which the other one had beat down the nuit thought it a better idea to follow the victor. It was more rewarding to see what the victor does after battle, than to see the losers wallow in self defeat.

Scanning the crowd, and hoping the youth hadn’t strayed too far, Rayage tried to find him. It was, the nuit reassured himself, just to observe and nothing more.

oocBlah opening, but an opening nonetheless

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Nuit, didn't you?

Postby Kreig Messer on December 28th, 2013, 11:19 am

The young brawler didn't quite know what to do with himself as he wandered around Sunberth's streets ' Could always get into another scuffle" The thought delighted him really, but the sudden surge of pain in his arm told him it was best to decide against that ' Not like me mum will be happy to treat me up for even more bruises...' He reminded himself. Truly he had nothing to do....simply wander like a blithering idiot with his head cut off.

He stopped suddenly as he decided to sit upon an old crate, watching the people pass by as they go about their daily business ' What should I do...' He didn't quite fancy wondering for too long, especially since there was a good chance he'd get jumped again right out of the petching blue. It was then that he noticed that among the crowd was a small child. quite haggard looking, the child has obviously...or perhaps never.... seen better days.

It broke the Brawler's heart to see the child like that, pushing himself off the crate, he reached into his pockets to see if he had any coin to spare. The feeling of a gold rimmed miza told him he had and with a nod entered the crowd of bustling people "Hey little man, you alright?" The child looked startled by the older boy before him, the streets telling him the bigger people were always trouble to small runts like him who lived on the street "Where's yer mum and pa? Sure they wouldn't leave you here by your lonesome? I mean, you've got a mum and pa, don't ya?" The child shook his head sadly and hessitantly as he looked at Kreig, debating whether he should bolt or accept the inevetibal. Instead, to the lads surprise, Kreig showed a look of genuine sadness to the boy as he extended a hand "Come lad, lets see if we can get you something to eat"

The child didn't quite know what to do know, the though of eating having decided for him... tentavily he grabbed the brawler's hand. The man gently carried the boy in his arms like a brother with his much younger sibling "Anything you hope to eat lad?"

The boy didn't respond verbally , simply shrugging his shoulders, Kreig took it as a sign that 'Anything would be good' As he trodded off with the lad to the nearest tavern. No child would go hungry on his watch.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Nuit, didn't you?

Postby Rayage on December 29th, 2013, 2:18 am

The streets of Sunberth were filled with well known, but often overshadowed danger. The nuit knew that, the kid knew that, everyone knew that. There was a silent understanding and acknowledgement of the brutality of human nature when pushed to the edge of humanity. This town was interesting in that it was a cesspool of negativity and violence. Never before, even in Ravok, has such things been allowed to brew, yet alone thrive. This Sunberth was sick, and yet, humans being as adaptable as they are survive. It was both beautiful and repulsive at the same time. The only good thing about this place was one didn’t have to look hard for their next body.

Following the stranger, the nuit kept a silent watch. The boy did not seem to be doing anything too interesting and looked almost at a loss of what to do. That is, until something most interesting happened right before the immortals eyes- an act of kindness. Certainly the older youth had ulterior motives. Sick, twisted this town was. Probably planning on selling the kid off to make a quick few miza… The thought delighted the nuit in a dark way. People were scum, especially in Sunberth. There was no changing that fact.

Though before his very eyes the child was picked up and carried off to get some food. Beside himself the nuit smiled, things were defiantly more than what they appeared to be, and that was a good sign. A little deeper investigation was at hand though as the nuit moved through the crowed, eyes on the boy and the child being carried. Why would anyone pick a up a street rat like that? All Rayage used those people were for experimentations. They were perfect for that, because no one cared. No one cared. So why did this person? Perhaps there is a ray of light in this dark world after all. Hope, after all, comes in many different shapes, sizes, and quantities. Rayages hope was Alchemy, but this youth… he had the potential for being someone else’s hope, and that was powerful. Perhaps more so than the nuits magic…

Then the nuit laughed to himself as he moved, watched, waiting to see what would happen next. Stories like these never end well. The cant, not in this city. Besides, what good is giving a starving child a meal when they are just going to go hungry tomorrow? That is cruel. Cruel beyond just ignoring them, because you giving them false hope. The youth couldn’t afford to keep the kid, so why go out of his way? It made little sense to the nuit, little sense at all.

Perhaps the answers were somewhere else? Perhaps the answer to this riddle was hidden deep down the childs very soul, embedded into his aura? The nuit would have to get closer to find out. Though there was not an opening yet, an opportune moment to appear. Not just yet. For now, he would wait and see what would happen next, if anything, and how this tale will unfold.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Nuit, didn't you?

Postby Kreig Messer on December 29th, 2013, 8:49 am

As they entered the tavern, Kreig sat the lad on a chair at an unoccupied able and Aston the char opposite the lad "Alight lad, so anything you wish to eat? Anykind of food you haven't had in a while ...or maybe never.. you wish to eat?" The boy looked nervous, not answering despite the rumbling sound in his stomach telling him otherwise, still quite cautious about oppening up to the man before him. Kreig signed as he looked at the lad, resting his chin on the palm of his left hand "Can't blame ya lad, been in a scrap more times than I think the Sun's Birth have money, I can understand why you would find me frightening" Many of his own scuffles had been fights for survival, for freedom and to simply hold on to his own coin from the vagiks that made up Sunbirth. He raised two fingers with his right hand and yelled "Hey, bring us a couple of Venison and a Juice for the lad, yeah?"

After a bit of time has passes, the Brawler and child before him sittinng in uncomfortable silence as they waited for their food. The lad kept fidgeting about as e looked around, seeing even more scary faces despite the fact that the tavern was relatively quiet, with only 6 other people in the entire building. Kreig looked at the lad with concern, he wasn't sure how to talk to the lad, despite this he would at least make sure the lad would be well fed before dropping him off at the orphanage.

The waitress came with their meals and drinks, spoke a few friendly words to Kreig and the child before leaving to continue her work after taking the money from the brawler. Kreig began to eat, motionoing one of his hands for the lad to begin eating his food as well, He simply hope the lads eat to build his strength.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal