Completed [The Great Bazaar] Accidents Happen

Tichi runs into someone – literally – while on delivery.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Accidents Happen

Postby Tichi on November 17th, 2013, 7:25 pm

Fall 513, Day 24

Tichi hurried into the Bazaar, carrying a box she could barely see over. It was her third day as a courier, she hadn’t dropped or lost anything yet, and she was determined to keep that streak going. She blew a strand of brindled hair out of her eyes and concentrated on where she was going, weaving her way deftly through the throng of people.

Tichi was halfway to her destination when it happened. Something about the way a tall man moved, the back of his head… Don’t be stupid, she thought. He’s dead and gone. Still, it was a distraction, and while her feet moved her forward, for a few moments her eyes were no longer watching where she was going.

Those few moments were enough. She collided with someone, the impact knocking the box from her hands and sending her sprawling. The box collapsed, sending small clay pots everywhere. Tichi watched, horrified, as two of them hit the ground with an audible cracking sound and broke into pieces. She let out a high-pitched shriek of dismay and scrabbled at the pieces, irrationally trying to fit them back together. “Nonononono!”
Tichi
Player

Words: 17556
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2013, 5:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Bolivar on November 17th, 2013, 10:39 pm

On the watch for the usual deals a very silent squire was found amongst the crowds in the Bazaar. Wondering what exactly he would need. A dagger the squire hadn't need of anymore and parchments for a glyph he had plenty of. Perhaps just humoring the curious side of him that rarely got to show itself. His thoughts going to those silver ladened dice wondering for a moment why he carried them with him all the time.

That was... until something had seized his attention. Or rather someone. Taking a measured step back Bolivar turned to finally notice the woman who had bumped into him. Clutching at the shattered remnants of a clay pot the woman cried out in distress trying to fit the pieces back together. It was an established understanding that he was to pity her correct? Perhaps something to bring her back to the world around her?

"Something in your eye? Should have watched your step."

This wasn't his fault was it? Bolivar hadn't overreacted at the contact. He did not seize up the moment he felt someone brush so forcefully unto him. Which in itself was of notable interest. He walked easy and confidently in this city as it's squire. A stark contrast to how he was only a few mere years ago.

"I certainly hope that was not important madame."

Assuming a squat he helped Tichi gather the pieces still left on the ground before continuing.

"Name's Bolivar. Hope this doesn't start us off on the wrong foot."
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tichi on November 18th, 2013, 12:02 am

"Something in your eye? Should have watched your step."

"I was! Until I saw - I thought I saw - oh that doesn't matter," Tichi fretted as she tried to wrestle the box back into its former shape. At least he didn't seem angry.

"I certainly hope that was not important madame."

"I'm supposed to deliver it! It's my job! I mean, I'm a courier and I'm supposed to deliver it but I thought I saw...and now they're all broken and I've failed. Well, not all of them but two is bad enough..."

"Name's Bolivar. Hope this doesn't start us off on the wrong foot."

Tichi was back to trying to fit the pot shards back together. "Maybe if I had glue? No, I'm sure they could tell. Stupid of me, it couldn't have been him," she babbled. She made an effort to rein her circling thoughts in and stop hyperventilating.

"I'm sorry. I'm Tichi. I mean, I'm sorry that I ran into you, not that I'm sorry I'm... never mind." Actually, she wouldn't mind being someone else right now. Someone less clumsy, perhaps.
Tichi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Bolivar on November 18th, 2013, 12:53 am

It looked like a form of incoherent speech came from this Tichi initially. The rush of common not helping the squire understand what was just said. Though it did not take much to understand what was going on. Whatever it was she dropped seemed to be of something of importance. Whether or not it can be salvaged remained in the air for a tic as Bolivar quietly regarded this Tichi's words.

A courier was a hardy enough job and even a few botched deliveries could have an effect on the courier's pay. No doubt this delivery was Tichi's pay for the day. Now left with an incomplete order. What was she to do?

"Would they know you messed up if you gave the remaining pots little miss?"

Choosing not to use the rather informal sounding name Bolivar instead thought it best to use the title instead. How many were left unscathed with Tichi? Perhaps it was easy to replace or perhaps that the amount was not important to the one receiving them. Though no doubt Tichi would run into some measure of trouble with any choice she made regarding her dilemma. Now it was up to the squire to ask the million Miza question.

"What are you going to do now miss?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tichi on November 18th, 2013, 1:25 am

Tichi finally managed to wrestle the box back into shape, and between the two of them the remaining pots were back inside, along with the shards. It was nice of him to help instead of yelling at her and storming off, or worse.

"Would they know you messed up if you gave the remaining pots little miss?"

"Oh I think they would. I haven't been a courier very long, but from what I've seen so far, people usually know exactly what they're supposed to be getting and how much." Tichi sighed and rubbed at her right hip. She'd landed pretty heavily on it, and suspected she'd have a bruise.

On that thought..."I smacked into you pretty hard, I didn't hurt you, did I?" She looked him up and down. Taller and sturdier than herself, but then, who wasn't? "Yeah, never mind. Don't see how a little thing like me could do any damage."

"What are you going to do now miss?"

"I - I'm not sure. This isn't going to help the reputation I'm trying to build as a good, reliable courier," Tichi grumbled. "Thanks for not getting upset with me, by the way. People can be really mean sometimes." She sighed. "I suppose I could deliver what's here, then replace the two broken ones from my own money. It could be worse, it could have been custom art or expensive...something or other."
Tichi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Bolivar on November 18th, 2013, 4:07 am

"There are things far worse then being branded a liar but you indeed need to be of reputable character to be a courier."

Bolivar nodded at Tichi as she tried to plan out her next move. It was a venerable notion at the least though whoever the parcel might not see it that way.

"You said that people were mean to you? Do you mean the people you deliver to?"

A thoughtful 'hmm' resonated from the squire as he regarded the package critically.

"I think I should accompany you for this little miss."

This was not at all for the little miss's sake but for the squire's. This minor interaction proved to pull at several points in the squire's inquisitive mind. There might be something of interest that may happen if he kept a close watch on this courier.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tichi on November 18th, 2013, 4:39 am

"Oh, not necessarily, I just mean that in general, some people are mean. Impatient, yelling, hitting, you know. Nobody's hit me that I've delivered to. Or yelled." Tichi hefted the box in her arms and looked at it with a rueful expression. "Yet."

As he stated his intent to accompany her to her destination, Tichi cocked her head and looked up at him quizzically. "Why? Not that I mind or anything. It's just, I ran into you and I think I stepped on your foot and oh petch it, I think you've got a pottery shard stuck to your boot. I'd think you'd want me to go as far away from you as I could."
Tichi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Bolivar on November 18th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Bolivar gave a easy look back at Tichi as she cleared the remains and had what was left in her hands. She seemed nice enough. Very impressional he felt but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Though if left alone with only bad influences no doubt that the young little miss wouldn't be as lively as she was right now. Bolivar feeling it prudent to nurture such a personality waved away the apology written on her face.

"Well we'll see if we can keep it that way then."

A raised eyebrow answered Tichi as she regarded his "request" skeptically. Of course that only made sense that she would but did they really have to go through this? Nodding his head at the thought of leaving Bolivar conceded the point to her. In some ways she was correct in thinking so but was that so right this wasn't what she expected?

"You learn to move on as time goes by little miss. It's a part of growing older. Some things just don't bother you. For example an occurrence out of your control or perhaps fate."

A knowing smile was starting to outline Bolivar's face as he looked back at the package and then back at Tichi. If anything it was nice to do things out of uniform. To do what is right and just simply because it is a friendly notion or a kindness.

"I suppose this is for myself as much as it is for you. You'll understand when you are older I imagine. Which way are we heading little miss?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Tichi on November 19th, 2013, 12:51 am

Fascinating. Was he planning to keep her client from yelling at her? He seemed determined to be helpful.

Tichi considered his words for a moment. "Well, I am only one year old. I have a lot to learn still, I know." She shrugged and beamed up at him. "You're nice. Okay, then, let's go!" Some imp of mischief made her add, "Let's see if you can keep up with a squirrel!"

And then she was off again, weaving her way through the crowd toward her destination and casting the occasional glance over her shoulder. Contrary to her words, she wasn't really trying to lose him.
Tichi
Player

Character sheet

Postby Bolivar on November 19th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Bolivar could feel his face dropping at the mention of age. Though he quickly regarded his composure finding himself mildly miffed at the words. Putting up an arm up before Tichi darted away from him Bolivar was left speechless at the woman's sudden nature. She had not even told him which district they were heading to.

"Did she say she was only a year old? She also referred to herself as a squire-el. What is that suppose to mean? Is she part of the knights?"

The later being highly unlikely Bolivar started slowly after her working his way through the crowd. The streets were open enough but the task proved itself more and more difficult as Tichi put more distance between the two.

From what she said Tichi was a courier for little more then a year it seemed and had even come up with a moniker to call go by. A squire-el? or maybe squirrel? Those small mysterious creatures he happen on occasionally in the Bronze? It seemed to suit little miss. Her hyper demeanor mixed with her relative height? She was indeed more like a squirrel then most. Picking up the pace Bolivar started after the courier.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next