Aimed Bows and Tucked-Down Hoods [Vyvian]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Postby Engghaen on January 15th, 2014, 7:00 pm

"Sorry.." she only mumbled, her eyes now changing from sparkling to a bit dull. She knew she was disappointing this guy here and he didn't do anything to hide his impatience. That's how it always went. She tried full of confidence and then she disappointed people because she didn't know how to do anything anyway.

"I'm sorry. I try. I just.. Only know how my scruffy, old, almost broken bow works.." she spoke now, rather sadly and disappointed about how awful she was. Maybe she should just stop ruining this guys.. Day. Or week. Or whatever. She didn't mind. In her opinion he didn't really like explaining this to her anymore.

Then she noticed his expression when he noticed the word 'leaf'. What, doesn't he know what a leaf is? Has he never ever been in a forest before? With that she carefully took the bow from Vyvian again, sighing. This was much tougher than any bow she had ever leared to fire in her whole - not very long - life. Nonetheless, she should try and carefully looked at all the things and dangles to it. It wasn't that she didn't know how to fire it, she wasn't used to it.

Carefully she repeated what she had seen Vyvian had done too. Stretch your arm and close your eye like with all bows, line everything up and it should.. - she searched for a notch to shoot on - "...go straight on that.. Branch." Internally she crossed her fingers. Please, please, I don't want him to explain this all over again.
Last edited by Engghaen on May 24th, 2014, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyvian on January 15th, 2014, 9:59 pm

x
The bolt struck home. Well, more or less. It grazed the edge of branch and just about lodged itself in place.

A wry smile crossed Vyvian's face. Despite himself he actually found himself a little impressed.

"Well done. You learnt rather fast."

Vyvian hoped he'd have restored a little life to those eyes. He'd never seen a creature so animated and happy. He guessed his home race were a dying breed.

He voiced his mind

"Why are you so energetic? And if you're not human, why do you look it?"

Straight to the point, just how he liked, spoken in a totally passionless and deadpan voice, with an equally null face

x
"In the end, never underestimate revenge as a motive"

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Words: 44070
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2013, 10:26 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Engghaen on January 16th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Carefully, the cat smiled a little and the corners of her mouth curled. That wasn't too bad at all.. The bolt she had fired with much less precision and much more out of frustration, was stuck somewhere to the left of where she had aimed at. Engghaen felt a bit relieved and saw Vyvian's wry smile too. Well, at least it was a smile.

"Well done. You learnt rather fast." When he said so she cast her eyes down to look at the green mossy soil. It was not much of her interest though, but she didn't really want any eye contact with him. There were a lot of half brown leaves and if she looked closely she could see a tiny little spider climb up her boots. She picked it up with a lot of care and put it on her hand like a young child would do.

Then she noticed he had asked her something and she looked up. Energetic? She? He wasn't used to people like her, she assumed. "I'm a cat Kelvic." she murmled slowly. "I hope you know what that is. We're not.. Really.. That special. And I'm just a fluffy white cat." She put the spider back on the ground. "You are.. A Sym, right?" Her voice sounded too childish for her liking. She wasn't being very impressive here.
Last edited by Engghaen on May 24th, 2014, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyvian on January 16th, 2014, 9:21 pm

x
Vyvian bit his lip in thought, a sly drop of blood spoiling his alabaster skin.

"I've heard of cat's before, one of the nearby webs has some kittens. But kelvic I've never heard of before.

He tried to fit his mouth round the gutteral word kelvic. It was like the word was too crude for him. He winced slightly.

Returning to his cultured common tongue he looked down at her. For whatever reason she was staring at the floor. He had to admit it was interesting, but her uniqueness was far mor interesting than this... soft green floor..

"Do you happen to know what 'Kelvic' is in Symenos he said in his native tongue, hopefully it translated how he thought it was into common."

Squinting at the sun he raised his hand up and sweated irritably. It was far far too bright and warm for his liking. He re-arranged his hair so it shaded his eyes a little.

When she mentioned the word "Sym" he looked at her in confusion. She had pronounced it Sim so he was lost completely. Gears shifted through his mind as he worked through permutations of Sim.

Sime.. Simm.. Sem.. Sym-ah

Smiling at her innocence he looked down, having the strange urge to pat her on the head.

"I am Symenestra in your tongue, yes."

She was ignorant. It was cute.

x

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Character sheet

Postby Engghaen on January 16th, 2014, 10:22 pm

"But Kelvic I've never heared of." The cat guessed she would need to explain.
"Kelvics are shapeshifters. I look like human but I can change to a cat any moment. I can't wear any clothing though. It's dangerous when I have them on. Would you like me to show?" She stared at the Symenestra with her head cocked to the side, closely inspecting his face.
"Sorry, I don't speak any Symenos, only Feline and Common. You should ask another Sym. Or someone in Kalinor. They all speak Symenos there. I recon it should be similar."

"Is it too warm...?" she asked, a lot of doubt in her voice. She had seen him sweating and it sounded logical to her, having that kind of skin. Her head now cocked itself back up the other way. Symenestra. She forgot what it was exactly. But her start was good.

The cat tried how it sounded rolling off her tongue.
"Sym.. Symen.. Symine.. Semine.. Symenitra? Sem.. Si.." Because she was tense, she had forgotten what she tried to say again and her face, but also her neck and her ears turned a deep red.
Last edited by Engghaen on May 24th, 2014, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyvian on January 18th, 2014, 8:12 am

Image x
Vyvian chuckled at the young girl's attempts to pronounce his language. Despite himself, he rested a hand on her cheek, talons slowly tracing below her ear, nearly drawing blood.

"You're cute you know." He muttered impassively, his dead eyes locked on hers, rether she was returning the stare or not. Frowning a little, reality caught up with him.

"Yes it is too warm, and far too bright. I've.. well never seen a forest before. I live in a cave." He tried, and probably failed to put across just how interesting his cave, Kalinor, was.

"But this cat form sounds interesting." he spread his hands in an open gesture. "Be my guest. If you're more comfortable as a cat, then stay like that. I'm sure I can think of a way to communicate."
x Image

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Character sheet

Postby Engghaen on January 18th, 2014, 11:49 am

Engghaen was surprised when he put his hand on her cheek. It was rather cold, considering it was not freezing. And those talons were sharp.

She.. Was cute. He had just said that, staring at her with his sad looking eyes. The girl had never really thought about things that way. What was he trying to tell?

A.. Cave. How could you live in a cave? It would be dark, and cold, and most of all very lonely. Engghaen didn't mind being alone, actually, she enjoyed it most of the times, but there were also much times she liked to look at people passing by. Doing their jobs they did. And she didn't think there were any streets in a cave.

"I uh.. I think it must be very odd for you then. " she spoke simply. He would get a sun burn, anyway. She was happy it wasn't Summer yet, because that'd be even more torture for him.

Then he gestured with his arms and quickly the girl grabbed hold of one of his hands, accidentally causing red lines to appear. Next she returned his stare, the same as he had done ticks ago.

"You're a nice guy." the cat spoke, a tad bit awkwardly. She stepped back and turned around to remove her clothes. First up was her cloak, but her head got stuck since the hole for the head was a little too small. With a plop it got off and she shook her head a little. The rest was following up. She didn't mind him seeing her, anyway. Only when there were a lot of people around.

There a little, fluffy white cat was. She walked up to Vyvian's feet and sat down.
Last edited by Engghaen on May 24th, 2014, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyvian on January 21st, 2014, 4:56 pm

Image x
Vyvian tensed up when the small woman grabbed his arm. Was she going to harm him? Had he upset her somehow? Then she simply spoke, with what seemed to him fierce intensity.

"You're a nice guy"

Vyvian paused, then frowned confused. His arm lay limp in her grasp, he wasn't sure what to do with it.

"Uhm.. thankyou? I think?" he muttered, looking down at the floor.

Then she started taking her clothes off. Vyvian went a paler shade of jet white. What had he done?? Was she going to... mate with him or something? Is that what she had meant by the compliment?

Looking at the floor in embarassement, to avoid looking at what he deemed a naked child. His shoulders hunched in crippling self doubt.

I'm going to dissappoint her, I'm sure of it.. I won't have enough muscle.. or hair.. or be to tall...

considering Vyvian often dreamed of the moment when someone would finally like him enough to bed him, he was having a bit of an anticlimatic experience. They hardly knew each other yet she had.. taken all her clothes off herself and professed her interest for him. Vyvian bit his lip and sighed deeply.. It seemed everything he hoped for ended up disappointing him.

He looked up.

Oh.. a cat.

He had forgotten she was... Kelvic. The logical part of Vyvian's mind kicked in again, wearing clothes would likely kill anyone who changed size rapidly. Mentally he kicked himself for being so stupid. He was just so hopelessly bad at understanding people.

Suddenly feeling tense again, he looked down at the cat and tried to relax. He was unsure what to do now.. was he meant to stroke her?

Or she still wants to mate the thought flitted through his mind fleetingly, but he swatted it away ith annoyance.

Gingerly he picked the cat up and put her on his shoulder.

"So erm... now what? I assume you can't speak.."
x Image

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Character sheet

Postby Engghaen on January 21st, 2014, 6:16 pm

Vyvian looked down on her, a lot of doubt and worry written on his face. Then he picked her up to put her on his shoulder and the cat automatically curled her tail around his neck, but careful not to suffocate him since her tail was fluffy and, well.. You never know. She didn't want to harm the Symenestra, even though it was just a dream.
His hair smells funny. Hold on.. she thought, to then sniff it carefully. She was right. It did smell funny. Her nose was buried into Vyvian's hair, trying to pick up an unknown scent. She realised it was rather useless and looked up again.

"So, ehm, now what? I assume you can't speak?" Sure she could speak! Not in a language he would understand, though. She could try.

"Of course I can speak! But you won't understand one bit of what I say, I guess.." the cat meowed, but for everyone else this wouldn't seem to have any meaning, just.. A cat. Meowing.

The cat was careful not to plunge any claws into his shoulder, but.. It didn't exactly work out. It was as if she was walking on a water bed, but still she tried to find a comfortable spot there.
Last edited by Engghaen on May 24th, 2014, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Vyvian on January 26th, 2014, 4:13 pm

x
The small cat wrapped her tail around him and then started... sniffing her? Vyvian smiled wryly.

"What do I smell of then? Bruka? Cave musk?"

He instinctively fiddled with his hair in worry. Was she now scared of him? She was good at hiding it if she was.

x

Mihael Keehl
Vyvian
The Lonely One

Character sheet

PreviousNext