PM to join [Various] I've something to ask (Shiress)

A dance around town leading to a critical question.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Various] I've something to ask (Shiress)

Postby Bolivar on November 18th, 2013, 6:47 pm

86th of Fall, 513 AV

Are you just as I presume? Or perhaps something entirely different?

Bolivar woke with a start today finding himself at a rush given his earlier plans. A quick round of the routine morning rituals and he was already on his way out of the squire dormitories leaving as others were just starting to get up for the day. Meeting a few regular morning faces on his way out a few perplexed expressions were given seeing Bolivar up so early in the morning.

It was a break from his regular routine seeing as he regularly volunteered for the night shifts. Seeing him up especially early in the morning was not the only surprising news this squire had. Bolivar planned on meeting somewhere today and he wanted to make doubly sure that he left a good impression by the end of the day.

"Perhaps you should borrow one of the horses from the Windmount and show up there."

Hearing some minor jibes behind him the squire smirked embarrassed at the thought. Not only would that seem like a waste but his skills of parading around in a horse was questionable at best. Though perhaps the extra effort was well worth it...

"Bad influences. I might have gone for it and made a fool of myself."

Waving off the jabbering voices of his fellow colleagues Bolivar made his way out of the Bittern District all the while his eyes aimed fixed near where the Windmount stables was. The southeastern most tip of the city housed all the horses the squires worked with. It wouldn't be a breech to use one of the horses for his own personal use.

Nah. It'd be a crutch I definitely do not need.

Reaching a fork in the road one leading to Traveler's Road and the other leading to the Nettle District where he was sure Shiress stayed and the other leading to the Syliras Theatre where the squire asked for them to meet.

How did this work over here in Syliras?

More importantly how did Shiress do this sort of thing? Was it expected of him to pick her up to go or perhaps to simply wait for her around the place? Shrugging at the slight dilemna Bolivar started heading over to the Nettle district. He was more old fashioned and orthodox like that. It wouldn't hurt to spoil Shiress a bit right?
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shiress on November 21st, 2013, 5:54 pm

Shiress sat on the side of her bed twirling the last bit of uncurled hair around her finger. Of all the knowledge she had retained from her mother there was one fact that the girl used more than others: lemon oil does wonders for curling ones hair and leaving it with a sweet and fruity scent to boot! Aside from long ringlets flowing down the length of her back, the sides of her dark chestnut hair were plaited then pulled tightly in place atop her head, tied with twine leaving small, delicate ringlets falling down to frame her thin face.

She wore a dark blue Cotehardie that swept slightly passed the tips of her slippers and was pulled snug about the waist with a copper colored, thrice wrapped stomacher. The girl looked beautiful, much more so than she thought. It was a rare occurrence for her to put much effort into the way she looked, working day in and day out at The Stallion saw to this, but this day was special as she had a companion for the day.

Bolivar, a long time friend and squire had asked the girl to accompany him for a day out in the city. A date, perhaps, but none the less exciting for Shiress as no one, save Hadyn, had ever asked for her company, so she had an impression to make and she intended it be a good one.

Standing now, she ran the palms of her hands down the front of her dress, pinched her cheeks a rosy red and swung open the door of her apartment and stepped right into the arms of another. She stepped back with a gasp as green eyes trailed up from the strangers boots and as her gaze fell on a familiar face a soft smile spread her lips. "Bolivar!"

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 23rd, 2013, 1:35 am

Shiress was not what he expected. She turned out to be much more then the squire had come to expect. Ambushing him so suddenly left Bolivar more then flustered suddenly founding his significant other suddenly in his arms. Catching a wiff of the scented lemon oil Bolivar could be swept up in Shiress's pace. Feeling weak as his legs shook slightly with excitement Bolivar couls scarce contain himself as he held Shiress tightly, still slightly nervous but overall ready for the day with his Shiress.

His Shiress. The way that sounded seemed too perfect to Bolivar. She was his damsel and he was the one distressed by it all. Contrary to the usual scene the aspiring knight to be was the one getting approached. Letting go of Shiress only when he was satisfied Bolivar kept a hand on his neck slightly embarassed at the interaction. Though honestly why should he be?

"You surprised me there. Coming in like a thief in the night."

Despite himself Bolivar found himself smirking widely besides his attempts to sound rueful. He took the time to appreciate all the little details Shiress had prepared earlier. The pleasant smell of spring in the air from her hair, the lovely dress and the way her hair looked. How Bolivar could go on seeing it like this for the first time. He thought Shiress looked good in her regular attire the curly hair brought out another level of charm to the lovely barmaid.

"Wow."

Captivated by the transformation Bolivar merely stared astonished for a few more tics before finding himself once again. Looking straight into those luscious eyes Bolivar could not help but feel like the luckiest man in Syliras. Hiding his face unsure Bolivar tried to find the words to get their day out started. His eyes unable to look at Shiress head on like this his attention flew to the clinch that helf the dress together. Somehow the sight seemed to incite something out of the squire as he motioned to it.

"You ready? I hope I didn't come too early."

Slowly from her waist Bolivar focused in on another aspect of Shiress's grace now paying attention to her locks. The squire initially thought that he liked shorter hair but Shiress was giving his earlier opinions a run for it's money. How many men were lucky enough to see her like this? It was obvious now why she did not regularly go like this. Something like this. Should be left for special occasions like today.

"I was planning to have us start over at the Syliras Theatre. So whenever you are ready. I'm here for you."
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on December 2nd, 2013, 2:42 pm

Shiress secured a curl behind her ear as she looked away bashfully. This was all foreign to her, especially the lasting gaze that Bolivar was giving her, it caused a warmth to settle a nice rose flush in her cheeks. "Sorry" she stammered finding the squires dark eyes again. " I just didn't expect you to come here. she smiled "You're too sweet, Bolivar."

Green eyes lingered with his a moment before she spoke again. "You look perfectly dashing, my friend." And he did, Bolivar looked every part of a gentleman leaving Shiress impressed, but she was still guarded. This was only their third meeting and to say that she knew the squire wouldn't exactly be the truth. Although events of the passing seasons had carved a more confident path for the girl, she still found trust for others, especially men, still very eluding to her. It was difficult for her to understand how one invests trust in another when there's no hint of it there to begin with. She had a lot more growing to do to understand this.

She turned and pulled the door to her apartment closed and locked it, her eyes lingering thoughtfully on the key before dropping it into her bag and turning to face her companion, eyes widening with a spark of surprise "The theater!" she exclaimed, lips parting to reveal teeth behind pink lips "Bolivar, that's perfect! I have wanted to go to The Theater for ages! stepping forward she rocked on her tiptoes like a child awaiting candy "I'm ready if you are."

She could definitely get used to this

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on December 17th, 2013, 3:27 am

oocSorry I took forever. I'll be better regarding it

An easy grin found it's way to Bolivar's face. It was only by chance that he chose to go to the theater that day and he would simply go along with the happy mood the other was setting. Eyes going from Shiress to her hand as he found himself wondering if he should lead or ask to go arm and arm with the barmaid.

"Well let's get started then."

Of course there was much catching up to do while they made their way to the theatre. Time had done nothing but adorned Shiress's disguised beauty. The seasons in Syliras had been good for her, Shiress once timid when faced with Kise seemed to radiate beside him.

"It was quite foolish of me to not have done this sooner. Being a free resident of Syliras looks good on you Shiress."

A few steps out of the Maiden district and Bolivar finally went for it. A slow, easy move towards Shiress's side Bolivar eased his hand over hers and squeezed lightly. Her's was much smaller in comparison and much warmer then he thought possible. Looking away feigning ignorance Bolivar walked closer with his companion until he locked arms with her.

"So. Care to catch me up on all that is Shiress? It is curious, I know little about you. Merely admiring from afar, I hope to get to know you a bit more."

Other then her scrape with Kise and the occasional tavern patron there really wasn't much for Bolivar to go on. Though today he was hoping that would change. The theater soon came into sight as Bolivar gave his request. Running his hand over his hair Bolivar grimaced slightly at his timing. Perhaps a later time when everything around them wasn't so crazy would have been better.

"Ah look at my timing. I suppose we should enjoy ourselves first eh?"

A nod given to Shiress the squire pointed to a line of performers. The people in the crowd seemed to be taking turns showing their stuff. At the moment there was a chorus line that seemed to be giving a rousing song that everyone around them danced to. It seemed amusing at the very least and a good way to start the date. Turning to Shiress Bolivar nudged his head questioningly at the performance before asking the question.

"How are you on your feet?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on December 30th, 2013, 1:55 am

Shiress could do little more than blush as Bolivar spoke, although, the word free brought a wide smile against her lips. Despite living as a free woman for over three seasons, the girl had only recently began to feel free with hopes of a positive future finally drowning out the negative of her past. She still had a long way to go, but this was definitely a good start.

As the squire moved close green eyes lifted to meet his gaze briefly, then slid away bashfully before she spoke. "There's not many who know me, Bolivar, and whether that's my doing or their's" she laughed " I'm not real sure." She tilted her head thoughtfully, pondering her thoughts "Well, let's see. she began "there's not a whole lot that has happened since I have last spoken, except in Spring. She paused, unsure if she wanted to speak of that Spring night spent in the Bronze Wood. It was hard enough to think about it, she'd not yet tried to speak of it. Her head fell and she let out a reluctant sigh. Maybe he wasn't paying attention and she could change her words. "Um, you know, my dearest friend is having a baby." she added, lifting her face hesitantly.

When the squire's voice broke in again, Shiress was relieved and she couldn't help but pull her body closer to his. Maybe he knew it was something she mistakenly mentioned. She wondered if there was rumor of that night around the city, but why would there be? It was just her and her business. She couldn't imagine anyone would care to know about her.

The two walked in silence a chime before they reached a more crowded street. Shiress noted Bolivar's nod and followed his raised arm to a group of dancers. It was Bolivar's question that made her shake her head. "Oh no, I'm much better off my feet. she said, followed quickly with a blush of red against her cheeks "I mean..I didn't mean that, I just meant.. Shiress covered her embarrassed smile with slender fingers before she mustered up an explanation "I just meant I'm not a dancer, but if you are, I'll expect no laughing at my clumsiness.

The girl pulled the squire into the crowd, and, lifting their arms hand in hand, she twirled around before him and buried her face into the squire's chest "You lead and I'll follow" she said lifting her eyes to meet his with a cautious smile.

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on December 30th, 2013, 3:09 pm

The feelings were definitely there. The squire with his seemingly endless infatuation and the barmaid with her earnest replies. Bolivar was not the only one who saw the slight blush Shiress had right? Feeling his own face redden at the thought Bolivar turned his head at her first response.Was she asking him to sweep her off her feet again?

Taking Shiress's hand at the explanation Bolivar nodded simply at the explanation. It has been too long since Bolivar had really danced, more so with someone else to dance along with. But the squire quickly willed his best efforts for tonight, after all he knew Shiress was worth a few awkward dancing moments.

"The same holds true for me. I am no dancer but you do have my permission to laugh at my expense."

Giving a slight welcoming flourish with his hand he was pulled out of his suave act as Shiress quickly pulled the pair of them into the crowd. There all facades and hubrises quickly faded away as the squire took in the rush from the crowd and the feeling of Shiress on his chest. She spoke words that the squire had always felt estranged with and gave it new purpose. Something stirred in the squire that he had not felt before leaning forward to have their heads touch for a tic before slowly starting the dance.

An upbeat rhythm surrounded the pair's world. All around them they danced with Bolivar having no real clue how to lead the pair. A slight step there turned into a slightly bigger mishap as they bumped into an unwitting pair. Quickly apologizing while snickering all the while Bolivar broke his stare from Shiress trying to get an idea of how the dance went. It's little nuances, the sways and steps in between, could quickly be learned for sure.

Certainly it would have been easy to learn the basics of a dance. Conscious of his partner's gaze on him Bolivar quickly resumed the pair's waltz not wanting to miss another moment of quiet bonding between the two. To have this feeling of wanting to belong be reciprocated was something he could not get enough of. This was the time for boldness, to ensure this feeling of togetherness with Shiress.

"Shiress dearest? There is too much of a difference between you and I."

A solemn tone was given as Bolivar lead the pair away from the center of the dancing circle. Still his expression was still that of hopeless romantic trying to make sense of it all. Bolivar's hand moved as he copped up a feel on Shiress's tush before quickly correcting himself. His hand slowly wrapped around Shiress by the waist with the other still holding the other high before he spoke.

“Do what to know the difference between you and me Shiress? Twelve inches. Which is the size of my you know...”

Looking down Bolivar let the waitress follow his gaze to his...

“Feet. Which is about nine inches. That's the difference between me and you. You know what would happen if I took my nine inched foot and moved farther then a foot towards you?”

Making a move towards Shiress the squire took a confident step towards Shiress before continuing. Standing uncomfortably close the squire placed his foot on the waitress's as the rest of his body pressed up slightly against her.

“I'd be stepping on you. I'll tell you why. The point of this slight step.”

Pretty sure that Shiress was as confused as he was Bolivar hinged slightly. Almost acting as if he was holding for dramatic effect the squire racked his mind for an answer. Chuckling nervously Bolivar hoped that his initial thoughts about Shiress were correct and that she wasn't going to slap him on principle. Leaning in close Bolivar whispered just high enough for only Shiress to hear.

“Because I'm coming on to you. That. And I want these differences between us gone. Will you... Will you be mine Shiress?”
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on January 3rd, 2014, 6:59 pm

Shiress began to enjoy the music, its rhythm and beat that surrounded her made it easy for her body to follow, feet and hips stepping and twisting rhythmically. She recalled the Spring Festival where she first danced and how the music then stole her thoughts and body away from her just has it was now. A wide smile pressed against her lips, she liked dancing, oddly enough.

It took a moment for the girl to realize that Bolivar had moved her away from the crowd, it took less time for her to feel his hand against her bottom, but she responded silently, only arching a brow as she listened, slightly amused, as he began to speak. But as the squire moved closer, and as his foot rested atop hers, her brow leveled, smile faded, and eyes closed as, deep within her chest, her heart began to beat faster.

Shiress found the mans grip around her, joined with the way he spoke as he advanced upon her, more than uncomfortable. Suddenly the music around her was annoyingly loud, like a roar in her head, and Bolivar's grip around her waist began to feel as if his fingertips were pressing deep into her flesh even though his touch was gentle. This was all too much.

Then he said it: "Mine"

That was all the girl heard, all she felt. Not the meaning behind it or the way he said it, just that one word. The crowd around her grew louder, Bolivar's body was suddenly heavy against hers, smothering her, threatening her, and her heart now pounded like a caged bird within her chest. She felt desperate for a breath. Her hands that laid upon the squires chest slowly closed and formed fists around the mans shirt, green eyes sparked with anger and snapped up to find the brown of Bolivar's as she yanked him close "No!" she growled throwing him back again "I am no mans property, I belong to no one!" She stood panting in front of the man, clinched hands by her side, glaring hard at him.

Slowly, as she stared, it started to sink in that Bolivar had meant no harm to her and she had lost herself without thinking...again. The look of anger in her eyes gradually melted into sorrow, she was ashamed and embarrassed of how she spoke to him. Covering her face, she lowered her eyes and turned away, unable to speak and appalled of her own reaction.

What is happening to me

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bolivar on January 5th, 2014, 3:00 am

Close an eye for moment and it was over before it had even started. The squire's attempts to be charming and genuine fell flat as Shiress's visage grew haughty. The sudden transformation did more then surprised Bolivar it also sent a very foreboding chill down the mixed blood's spine. This was too similar with Sarah who he thought harmless at first. But this was Shiress! The same that he saw when he first came to Syliras.

Another glance back revealed the immediate regret that was to be expected from such an outburst. Trying to piece together what exactly had just transpired Bolivar drew his eyebrows together in concentration. Slowly pieces of the puzzle started to align but there was still one crucial piece missing. Digging deep the squire recalled what Shiress said before the sudden scare. Though what she said did not make sense. Staring off with his brow still furrowed the look of utter complete confusion finally came to the squire.

"What?"

Barely mouthing the word Bolivar blinked furious trying to make sense of this mess of a situation. In what sense did property come into play? As in marriage? A disparaging cough followed the thought. That was not at all what he meant! It too ridiculous. Once again Bolivar's mind was abuzz looking for a possible explanation. Only now did the squire notice the extra set of eyes watching the two.

The small outburst attracted a slew of sympathizers for Shiress and equally as many hard stares at the mixed blood for his perceived slight. Something about the faces of their onlooker made something click inside him. Something about the anger and grudging looks given to him seemed to make light of an uglier part in relationships.

"Is there... some else? Or are you just leading me on? Is that it?!?!"

That cough from earlier was quickly developing into an awkward, lost chuckle. The laugh caused every bone in his body to stir before looking away. Clearing his throat once, twice, and once more Bolivar finally composed himself trying to find the truth in Shiress's eyes. But she had covered them, hiding herself from him right in front of him.

"I'm-"

Starting his apology once more Bolivar felt something stir inside him as he paused. There was nothing to apologize for nor would he allow himself to carry out the act. His teeth set determined Bolivar simply called out to her name gingerly. As one who simply wanted to understand would sound.

"Shiress. Come back. Please. I beg of you. Tell me what is wrong."

Caught up in the moment Bolivar heard his voice crack near the end. The slight hesitation galvanizing him to action. This was no time to second guess himself, if he didn't act now the squire feared he may have lost Shiress forever. Reaching out Bolivar went for Shiress's hand touching it tenderly at first before squeezing it lightly. Not knowing how she would react for what came next Bolivar steeled himself as he leaned forward and pulled Shiress close. The action quickly translating to sweeping the barmaid off her feet Bolivar started the two away from the theatre.

oocYour move :D
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on January 6th, 2014, 2:42 pm

How can she explain this? She didn't want to even try, but Shiress knew that this squire needed an explanation. He was just as confused as she would have been had this altercation been directed at herself.

He must think I'm a lunatic

Shiress knew what caused her defenses to surface, but she didn't quite understand why. She thought her past was dead to her, just has the man that cursed her past was dead. In this one moment, she was more concerned about her reaction than Bolivar could ever be. The squire meant nothing by what he said or the movements he made toward her, she knew this, but she responded as if he was threatening to enslave her and drag her back to Sunberth. What if they had been discussing weaponry and she held a blade? She shuttered at the thought.

The girl turned back to face the squire, eyes lowered and leveled with his chest "Bolivar, I.." she started, but paused drawing down her brow "Leading you on?" she retorted "I don't even know how to lead!" she let out a loud huff and turned away again, but before she had the chance to turn back and address this further she felt herself being swooped up in the man's arms and the two were heading...somewhere.

"What..where are you going, put me down!" she squealed, attempting to pull away, but the man's arms were tight around her before she had the chance. "Put me down Bolivar! Now! She stretched out her legs hard across his arms, pulled them back up and pushed against his chest, but his grip was relentless. "What..God's be damned..." She grabbed for anything she could reach and found the soft skin of the mans neck. Slim fingertips grabbed and squeezed hard, twisting the tender flesh between them "PUT. ME. DOWN!!!"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next