Completed [Jungle Wilds] They Shall Burn (Evalin)

"Behold, my doll, they are the scourge of Falyndar and they shall burn!"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

[Jungle Wilds] They Shall Burn (Evalin)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 28th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Jungle Wilds, 22nd of Bell, 87th of Fall 513 A.V

The jungle filled with arrogant bronze monkeys, walking through Caiyha's realm, thinking they were rulers where in truth they were just tyrants slaughtering every other sentient races that wasn't them. These humanoid monkeys who bore the name 'Myrian', they shall feel the wrath of the flaming Viper and... her undead companion, Katherine. The Viper in human form walked through the jungle, wearing nothing but her simple black robe and red sash. She didn't carry any visible weapons for her true abilities lay in her magical prowess and viper agility. She specifically went out today to hunt some Myrians, she glanced back to check on her companion, her living doll and lover, Katherine as she was called but Evalin was her true name.

As expected of a tropical jungle, Winter beckoned and the air was as warm and humid as ever. The Viper stopped momentarily and regarded her slave. "Evalin," They were alone now and she felt more comfortable in calling Katherine by her real name. "We are going to hunt Myriansss tonight, you can unleasssh your power upon them." She had seen what the Nuit could do, she caused metals and rocks to shake under her morphed strength. The girl could transform like a Dhani and it wasn't even morphing magic, it was a curse she bore upon her shoulders. That curse could be used to bring devastation upon the Myrians, it might just be a blessing from another perspective. Aka inched closer to the girl and hugged her lovingly, nuzzling her forehead on hers, their lips just a breath apart. It was clear the Dhani saw Evalin more than just a slave, she saw her as a companion and lover. Evalin said she loved her as well and that removed all hesitations from the Dhani. She had never got into this kind of intimate relationship before. She loved Mamoru, but he didn't return her affection, it was time for her to move on.

Under Leth's light, the Viper lightly kissed the Nuit, while caressing her light-brown hair. "Come on, let'sss go. We'll find them soon enough, jussst look for torches." She surveyed the location, her lithe feet carried her back into the hunt, but not before winking at Evalin. "I have sssomething to ssshow you later, hehehe~ I think you'll like it."

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on November 29th, 2013, 6:37 pm

The trees once more consumed the little witch as she trudged through undergrowth and damp humidity. Her staff in hand Evalin pushed aside branch and leaf, eyes searching and intent, A curious day this is. She has brought us to the hunt as one of her own, and it be barely a week since when first we met. I might call her brave or foolish to so quickly place her trust in me.

Perhaps both be true. Bravely foolish, but the my Master's performance has been of the most admirable quality. The familiar's voice rang cold and full in Evalin's mind, and without thinking the nuit reached up and carefully stroked the pendent at her neck.

Think you so my dear Tsenrika? I can never tell for I have little experience in the affairs of the heart. Mere I seek to play the role of the doll to the fullest. It is she that has taken me to be so much more.

It had been an interesting few days. The girl doted, and fawned over Evalin as no one ever had before. Though she wore chains often, Evalin did not feel as though she were truly trapped for her mistress provided all the luxuries of freedom, and then some. IT seemed a small price to pay to be a dear companion to this girl in exchange for the freedom to come and go as she pleased, when in the Master's site of course.

Master... Even though it be but a ploy still the words turn to ash in my mouth.

Mind it not, for shall you only have to bear the torture a short time. Just until the path curves as you wish it.

Evalin silently agreed with her companion through eternity, though she might wish it to end sooner rather than later as she once more found herself with an embrace, lips locking to hers. Now the Nuit had grown used to such occurrences, and instead of freezing Evalin moved her own arms to wrap the girl around the waist, returning a press of lips for her own. It was times such as this that Evalin felt as though she were some grand actress upon a stage, preforming great works of fiction for all the world to enjoy. As she felt the warmth of a living body against her clammy dead skin Evailn briefly had to wonder at the tastes of this girl. Evalin was little more than a walking corpse, and yet she was so lovingly embraced. Perhaps it was because the Dhani were all cold blooded, that this one minded not to touch the clammy lips of death, but matter it not. Evalin was the doll, a play thing to be used as the Mistress saw fit, until the doll decided to become the MIstress instead.

As their embrace was broken Evalin smiled a small smile, one she practiced often when in present company, "As my Mistress commands."

She had something to show her? What could it be? Something of interest to the girl, or of use to Evalin? Aka now knew much of Evalin, and her story, though parts were twisted or fictional she still could boast of knowing more of the Immortal Witch than any other being that yet walked this world. She surely knew what Evalin would find desirable, or interesting. Absently in the back of her mind Evalin felt the craving welling up within her. Pressing two fingers to her temple Evalin closed her eyes breifly, It grows restless Tsenrika... It shall have blood this night, though not the girl's. She is still of use to us after all. Aka still had no idea what Evalin's true nature was, or that she was marked by that most despicable God, hated by so many. Uldr, God of Undeath had placed his mark upon Evalin twice, as was seen in the red eyes the girl now possessed. It was a sign of her power, the power to command those beneath her, to change her form to rip and shred, to obtain the object of her desires. This girl wanted to see it did she...? Perhaps she would, though it was uncertain whether she would be safe even with the power of her magic...

Thus Evalin trailed two steps behind, using her staff to push aside weeds and other brush, preparing herself mentally for the task at hand. There would be much to do this night, many preparations to make, and Evalin was not one to miss an opportunity.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on November 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Aka was pleased her doll didn't freeze herself when she was kissed, even returning the embrace. It was a sign Evalin had turned for the better, she was now used to physical and emotional affection. The Viper sighed in contentment, Evalin may be the first person that truly returned her feelings. The Viper didn't think the Nuit had any hidden agendas whatsoever, she had revealed her history and true nature, all of those couldn't be a lie. The Viper's benevolence showed when Evalin was around, she didn't appear as the pompous, haughty girl she usually was. She didn't feel the need to hide herself beneath a strong mask so she would be respected by her cousins. In Evalin's presence, she was no longer alone.

They traversed through the jungle, the Viper walked at a slower pace than usual to allow Evalin to keep up and because she was in her human form, she didn't have her enhanced Dhani senses. That night, Aka deliberately hunted in her human form so she could push herself harder, if she could slaughter a fang of Myrians in her human form easily, one could only imagine what she could do in her Dhani form. Aka led Evalin to an area near to a Myrian blockade, but not close enough to the large bulk. There should be a fang patrol or two consisting of about six to eight Myrian scouts. The usually talkative Viper was silent, she couldn't afford to lose the element of surprise. With both of them being mages, a first strike could deal a very heavy blow to those bronze monkeys.

After a few moments, Aka's scarlet eyes caught the glint of orange light. Torches. If she was in her Dhani or snake form, it would be easy to smell those Myrians from afar and determine their numbers through her heat-vision, but she didn't have such kinds of luxury at the moment. "They are clossse..." She whispered to her companion and slowed down her steps, taking careful movements to not snap any twigs. Her small form, light-weight, and agility were in her favor in these kind of situations, it was a blessing Evalin had similar build as herself. "There, can you sssee it? Torchesss." She gestured forward, flickering orange lights of multiple torches reflected in the Viper's scarlet eyes.

She continued onward, looking to her left and right to spot more torch lights. These Myrians didn't have keen senses comparable to a Dhani or tiger so they needed those pitiful false fire, a fire they couldn't control as they pleased. The Viper would show them true fire from the God of Flames himself. It seemed that the Myrian patrol in front of them was the only patrol around... for now at least. Good enough, even the death of one monkey meant something. Aka gestured for Evalin to lay prone on the ground as she did the same, the Viper carefully crawled forward until she could hear the chatters of guttural language, the native tongue of those monkeys. She got up and tried her best to silently ran behind a large tree, concealing herself by its large trunk. Aka peered off the corner, she could see about... eight Myrians travelling in a group, a typical fang patrol. Aka looked at Evalin, smiling and nodding to her slave. It was time... "Let'sss go, kill them all, don't leave anyone alive."

Aka closed her eyes and concentrated, feeling the djed flowed inside her body. Her mouth hissing in pleasure as the sweet whispers filled her mind. Yes, the last thing those monkeys would see before they die were her raging flames. Aka held out her palms upwards in a clawing motion, gaseous reddish res hissed out from it and formed into twin spheres floating near each of her palms. She also covered her legs from the feet to her ankles in slimy res, sticking to her. Then, she hunched down, thick concentration of res pouring out from the pores on her shoulder blades. She stepped out from her spot, standing tall and mighty. Sssehehehe! Let's burn them all! ALL! The Viper flexed the fingers on her right hand and her sphere ignited into a fireball then quickly launched it towards the group, it caught the attention of the Myrians. Their eyes widened as a flaming sphere launched to them, all eight of them tried to dodge but the fireball exploded, sending shockwave and searing heat. Two myrians received the full force and they flung, body burning and broken. The rest of them unharmed or slightly singed. The dance had begun.

"Sssahahahahahaha!!" The hissing cackles of the Viper echoed in the jungle as she spread the res on her shoulder blades outwards like a pair of large wings. She then ignited her wing-res and feet, creating the image of a small girl with wings literally made out of fire. The remaining six Myrians' eyes widened as they shouted out guttural language, preparing themselves for battle. "Let'sss play~ Haha!" Aka's clothes began to burn out, but she didn't care, she got multiple identical black robes in her room. With Ivak's blessing keeping her safe, she ran forward, her fiery wings brushing into the vegetation around her, quickly blanketing the jungle in heat and fire. Her feet also left literal flaming footsteps on the ground, a wide grin on her small lips and narrowed slits on her eyes. Three Myrians notched their bows and arrows, trying to aim at the swift girl with fire wings, but the heat and light disturbed their aim. The other tree brandished their axes and swords, shouted battle-cries, and ran to catch Aka. They would feel the embrace of her wings soon enough.

However, they still didn't notice the undead prowling in the back...
Last edited by Soshakuakamamushi on November 30th, 2013, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on November 30th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Brush and twig, leaf and branch, all this threatened to obstruct Evalin's vision of the path ahead, and with hand and staff she pressed these obstructions aside to clear the way. She watched the Mistress' back as she lead the way, staying some paces behind, still feigning the act of a feeble nuit. As she walked Evalin's mind turned over thoughts and contemplations, wondering of what was to come.

Then I am to kill the Myrians this night... A senseless kill, and one that this girl seeks out willingly. She thought to herself, as well as to Tsenrika, It is a waste of strength, and energy on both of our parts think it not so my dear Tsenrika?

The familiar was silent a moment, as if contemplating his answer, Perhaps... yet was it not my Master who killed many in meaningless slaughters before? What makes this so different?

Annoyance crossed her features, Be this very different. Mine were to an end that would be desirable for myself, yet this I feel is but an inconsequential farce, wasted time that would be best used for other endeavors.

Be that so...? But think of this my Master, as she fights she holds nothing back, and reveals much of what she is capable of... Is that not something worth seeing?

You have grown quite chatty of late Tsenrika, and I know not if I am pleased with this change." Though her words were harsh, her tone was not one that might elude to displeasure, and even a smile touched her lips as she continued, Know me too well Tsenrika, far far too well for your own good. Yes, you are right... The girl still holds much potential, and the depths of her power is as of yet unseen. Let this venture be fruitful yet.

All ventures are fruitful, though not all fruit may be enjoyed. His sardonic tone caused Evalin to shake her head, pressing a hand over her lips to hide the grin, Poetic you are this day Tsenrika. My if I were a girl known to swoon I might do just for you.

Caught as she was in this inner dialog Evalin almost missed that moment when their journey came to a creeping crawl. Torches, that was what she had said, and Evalin peered out through the brush for herself, to catch sight of the glinting flames through the darkness. Her eyes narrowed slightly, and her grip on her staff grew tighter, The fruit of this evening seems to have already fallen...

Then what be left is to simply pick it up.

She chuckled under her breath, crouching low to slink after her Mistress, laying upon the ground as she was bidden. Evalin had never done something like this, lain prostrate on the ground her face so close to the dirt. It was too much like groveling, and for one whose pride swelled to such heights as Evalin's a posture as this was beyond mortifying. Still she kept her peace, eyes instead searching that which was ahead. As Aka stood to move, Evalin did the same, though she did not move forward. No she stepped back, letting herself be consumed by the darkness even as a hand reached up to grasp the pendent. When the girl closed her eyes to concentrate Evalin quickly snapped the pendent from around her neck, holding it behind her back as the silent command slipped to Tsenrika, and his body resolved into its original orb shape. With her hand behind her back, staff in hand, the Familiar was completely hidden from view from the Mistress.

Go my dear Tsenrika. Be my eyes. Dak Dalla Na.

Without further need for orders the Familiar disappeared into the leaf and foliage, floating up and up over the Myrians themselves, hidden by the canopy and his height. His voice then came, a whisper in her mind and Evalin closed her own eyes to picture the image that was painted for her.

Eight total. Five women, three men. Six hold bows, all hold hand weapons, axes and similar. No other observable threat.

Evalin opened her eyes, now looking to the Mistress, words about to pass her lips when suddenly the air was redden by the heat of fire as a fireball decimated the center of the patrol.

Six... Four women, two men. Only four bowmen now...

Raising an eyebrow Evailn shook her head, incredulous at what she saw,What be the matter with this child? Know she not the art of tact? Of strategy? She is like a wild flame set loose upon the undergrowth. She shall kill all of us.

This flame need nurturing. The Familiar agreed.

Shaking her head still Evalin gently placed her staff so that it leaned against a nearby tree, and then turned to face the situation at hand. She almost placed her palm over her face at the fantastic display the girl showed her enemies. Rubbing her temples Evalin swore that she would speak with her, and offer guidance on the benefits of subtlety... For now though, the time to act was upon her.

Moving to the side, red eyes glinting, Evalin summoned for that power within her, pulling res to the palms of her hand as she positioned herself outside the ring of torches where the darkness would hide her. Curling her fingers Evalin collected more and more, letting it flow about her in its gaseous state as her eyes surveyed the situation. Her eyes lighted upon the flames popping up wherever the girl stepped and her wings brushed.

Counter strike. Three bows, three Axe. Fixed on the girl.

Evalin nodded, though more for herself than to Tsenrika. The res she had collected bent and twisted the air, looking like heat waves which, in this case, would work very well. With a grande wave of her hand Evalin sent the gaseous res spilling out through the foliage, keeping it close to the ground, splitting it in half as she did so. One half flew in a large circle, and with a frown of concentration Evalin willed it to attract the fires that it came across, picking upon the flames that licked the brush and the flaming footprints as it passed over, the other half she sent to trail behind the Mistress, blending in with the distortions in the air that her flaming wings created.

The res that had been collecting fire was turned in air, whipping around the Mistress between her and the three bowmen. Evalin's body rocked and arms waved, face a mask of concentration as she orchestrated this grand performance. As the res passed between them Evalin's hands twisted, curling upside down and the res responded, swirling in a circular fashion as the fire it brought with it caught up and ignited, creating a spinning fire shield with a res center. Evalin paid no mind to the Mistress for she knew that the flames could not harm her, but instead her mind focused on the Myrians that approached. Once more the bowmen hesitated at the sudden appearance of fire, yet behind them the three who wielded their axes were still charging. Hissing a stream of words beneath her breath, hands working in a frenzy, Evalin released the hold on the captured flames that made up the shield, and as they dissipated she thrust her hands forward, pushing this still swirling cyclone of res forward and willed it to summon forth the heated air around it, and as it closed in on the group she commanded, "Hakin!" and the res was transformed into a sudden burst of scalding air, hot enough to burn eyes to tears and causing the three closes Myrians to stumble back in surprise, blocking the path of their brother's and sisters which fought to come to their aid.

Evalin was not done yet, for even as the Myrians stumbled Evalin's hands were already working once more, calling to action the res that trailed behind the Mistress, calling it to rise and divide into smaller parts, each that would be the size of a fist. Three of these balls Evalin pushed forth, passing over and through the flickering flames of her Master's fire, and as they passed the res called forth the fires of her Master's creation to coat and ignite them, thus now three fist sized fireballs were streaking toward the confused Myrians, burning with the combined might of slave and master. The center of these were still res, and so as they approached the group Evalin hissed once more, swirling their center and expanding it even as it was transformed into air. As the fireballs contacted the ground they would expand out until they were as wide as one Myrian was tall, fueled by res and the gusting wind within. The fires licked at the limbs, the flesh, and any wood on the weapons, catching where it could and burning the foliage around, but once more Evalin was calling forth these created flames, collecting them with the res that remained floating behind Aka, making it look as though the fire flowed back to Aka right after she created the spell, as though it had a mind of its own, which in a way it did.

Mind the concentration. Let not your energy be wasted.

Of course my dear Tsenrika, this I know. I am Evalin, the Immortal Witch of Flame and Shadow. Let them see my power, but let them think it is hers. She smiled as she prepared her next spell, eyes watching Aka closely for her ques. The nuit would respond based on the girl's actions, playing the roll of support for the time being.

OOCLet me know if anything wasn't clear!

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on December 1st, 2013, 8:02 pm

"Sssahahaha!" Flapping her wings of fire, the Viper ran in circles around the Myrian. Surrounding them with flames and gradually burning everything around her. She prepared her remaining res ball, igniting then and aimed them at the archers. The Viper noticed some of her flames moved unnaturally without her command as if someone was controlling them. Smart move, Eva! She smirked, knowing Evalin was the one responsible for aiding her. The flames created by her and manipulated by Evalin staggered the three chasing Myrians, Aka used this as a chance to launch her fireball at the melee warriors instead. The Myrians were trapped, stunned, and burned, they didn't have time to dodge as the fireball flew to them, exploding as they made contact with one of their brethren. The three Myrians flung away, one broken, one dying, and one severely burned. They were out of commission, with them taken care of, Aka turned her attention back to the archers.

"Lousssy!" With the heat, light, and a small target, the archers couldn't aim properly at all and their arrows missed by a great deal. They passed Aka's flaming wings instead, igniting on fire as the arrows stabbed themselves into trees. Aka hunched down, flexing her legs, and suddenly launched herself forward, leaping to her left and right in a zig-zagging motion to confuse the Myrians. Once she was close enough, Aka raised her hands and commanded her flaming wings to embrace the three archers, wrapping them in cleansing fire. They screamed in extreme pain as their skin and flesh burnt, their eyes melting, and fatal burn marks marred their form. With a tired huff, Aka's wings disappeared into thin air and the flames on her feet snuffed out. "Ha... ha... Sssehahahaha!" She giggled in triumph, pumping her right fist into the air as she watched her... no, her and Evalin's work. The jungle was burning with their might. She didn't get the chance to see Eva's morphed form in battle though, but no matter, the important thing was the succesful hunt. The Viper was just about to approach her slave when an arrow sang through the air and stabbed her right shin. "Aaaaaaaah!" She clutched her leg and fell to the ground. W-what?! Surrounded by the flames, Aka looked around to find about eight Myrians surrounding her from all sides. "Tch..." She was careless, she should realize her display of power would attract more of them and now, she paid the price.

If she was alone, Aka would be panicking right now, but... that night, she was no longer by herself. She had the Immortal Witch with her, Aka smirked as the shouted with all her might. "Come here and ssslaughter them all, Katherine!!" Even as the Myrian approached, Aka prepared her djed again, this time she could feel exhaustions starting to make its notice. Her exaggerated display of power earlier had costed much stamina and djed, she truly needed Evalin's help if she wanted to survive this.

OOCGo crazy, Eva! :D

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on December 2nd, 2013, 6:35 am

From his position high above Tsenrika saw the other's coming long before they arrived, and thus Evalin gained warning far in advance as well.

More advance from west. Eight once more. 4 women, 4 men. All wield weapons, two with bows.

Evalin nodded slowly as she watched the girl's work, defeating the last of the Myrians as if they were nothing. It was a fearsome display, wild and crazed, powerful... and wholly necessary. It was indeed impressive, yet to Evalin to impress the dead was a pointless act.

Look at how she wastes her strength, divides it without need when the simplest spells could have ended this quickly. Now she has set herself up for her own death, and yet she knows it not... When the last of the Myrians fell Evalin turned her back on the commotion, walking toward where she had left her staff. She did not even pause as she heard the Mistress' screams of distress.

They bear down upon her... Tsenrika observed, Wish you not to save her?

Evalin paused, looking over her shoulder at the scene that began to unfold. The Myrians approached, cautiously though as the girl should have been from the start. Three circled closer, all men, weapons at the ready though they stayed several yards back. Those with bows hid in the foliage, bows drawn, trained on the girl. They had seen what she could do, and unlike their fallen brothers and sisters they were not so quick to end their lives.

Evalin closed her eyes and pressed her hand against a tree, mind pondering a moment, Perhaps this be a lesson for her. She left herself open, took risks that were needless, foolish even. Did her master teach nothing? Pathetic...

Time grows short.

I am no nurse maid, let her die. Perhaps when next she comes she shall be the wiser for it.

They close in. The time has come. Cease with this pretense.

Evalin sighed and pressed a finger to her forehead, Tools such as her are not so easily replaced... Then just this once, I shall aid the girl despite her foolishness. May she learn her lesson from this.

Thus Evalin turned, moving quickly through the foliage to circle behind, eyes alert even as her plans unfolded.

The situation is grim... Outnumbered, and your power is not so great as to take them on at once. Not as you are...

This I know Tsenrika... Trust in me you should, for the beast grows weary of its cage... Just this once, she shall roam free.

It was then that Evalin decided upon something, to try a technique never before attempted by her. Coming to a halt Evalin closed her eyes, sucking in a deep breath to fill her dead lungs even as she let her mind fall back to that state of being that was neither here nor there. From her body she separated her mind in deep meditation, calling upon thoughts that would yet lay dormant should she leave them be. She pressed upon herself, searching the strand of djed that was of interest to her now. Thus she founded, hiding deep within her throat, that cord that reflected the tone in which she spoke, she screamed, she whispered. It was this strand that she plucked, causing a strange tightening sensation in her throat as she tilted the weave, adjusted, spread and shrunk in places until, finally, she opened her mouth to release the breath within.

It came out not as a voice, or even a scream, but a strangely high pitched, warbling wail. The way the djed was distorted it sounded unlike any living creature known or unkown, for it held no true rhyme or reason to the pitching and warbling tones. Pressing upon the djed of her voice Evalin pitched it higher, a screatching pitch ending in then in a lower note, otherwordly to the point that the Myrians looked over their shoulders, uncertain feelings not quite fear but unease filling their hearts. For the moment Aka was forgotten as the Myrians in the outer circle took up positions to look about them, though the three in the inner circle still kept an eye on the girl even as their confused emotions showed in their eyes and rose in their souls.

Smiling at her work as it did just as she intended, buying a few ticks for the true preparations. Pulling free of the clothing that bound her Evalin stood naked and bar in the brush, closing her eyes as she called for that creature, the other, the beast... That inner reflection of her soul that fought to come forth, to rage, to be released upon the world, to take that which she desired... blood.

As her eyes opened her teeth were already begining to sharpen to points, and with a loud crunching sound Evalin's body was forced forward, her hands supporting her as her spine cracked and bent, pushing backwards out even as extra appendages began to flow from the protrusion. The pain it caused was minor, yet still Evailn gritted her sharpening teeth, her skin darkening now to a deep purple as arching horns sprouted from her head, curving back and around hear ears. Rocking back to her new four limbs Evalin's body began to expand as more bones snapped and popped into place, her mass growing, weight increasing, and her body was flooded with power, with strength beyond anything she could have boasted before. Merely 10 ticks later and Evalin stood, fully transformed within the brush. A large and mighty steed's body for her lower half, muscles powerful and rippling beneath a thin layer of fur, her upper body smooth skinned and a full womanly figure. Flexing her fingers Evalin felt the elongated claws there, her body thrummed with energy, power, eager to move, to fight, to tear. Those red eyes fell upon the group before her, taking in each and every person, choosing finally one near the back, a woman...

A smile split her features as her tongue darted out to lick her lips, her craving driving her body to action without her conscious thought. Rearing back from her lips poured forth another wail, this one louder, more guttural, ethereal and eerie yet furious like a beast. Then she moved, her speed a blur as her powerful limbs carried her forward as fast as a race horse, but the supernatural charged body was farm more flexible and agile. Thus she quickly found herself upon the the first bowmen at the very back, the woman, and with one hand she caught her up by the throat, lifting her bodily from the ground to carry her into the forest beyond. To those surrounding Aka it would look as though a blur had come and gone, thundering hooves and then their companion was gone.

As she ran Evalin caught up the surprised Myrian by the neck, grabbing the woman's arm as she attempted to pull her knife from its sheath, and with a minor twist the bones there snapped and she cried out in pain, but these sounds were quickly silenced as Evailn pulled her close to her face, sharp teeth sinking into her neck to rip out her throat and gorge upon the blood that float forth. The body twitched, gurgle for just a moment before going limp. Releasing this body Evalin let it fall to the ground, trampling it with a crunch and snap of bone as she turned to return form another pass, licking blood from her lips as she did.

The Myrians now seemed to have forgotten Aka, moving closer together as they looked out to jungle where their Sister had been. The lone bowman drew another arrow, aiming it into the distant woods as his eyes searched for his target.

They group now, the bowman is close to two women with swords, the remaining three men are close, the woman among them as well close together, near the girl.

Evalin did not bother to answer, for her mind was already three steps ahead as she smiled, pressing forward, letting her speed build with thundering hooves that could be felt by the Myrians she was sure. They must feel it now, that feeling of unease, that despair that came when faced with something such as a Wretched one. An overwhelming sense of wrongness, like something vile was closing in, something unnatural, an abomination... That feeling was to her advantage, it made them panic, to hesitate when they shouldn't, and thus Evalin felt the advantage was hers...

A blur of speed, a powerful creature, a nightmare charged suddenly through the limbs and brush straight into the group of Myrians near Aka. Large, powerful, inhuman, Evalin did not spare a glance for the Mistress for with a leap she flew clear over her, landing her front hooves into the chest of one man, his rib cage shattering and heart bursting Even as she kicked out with her back legs, sending another flying backwards. The two that remained seemed to regain their composure for both then charged forward, brandishing axes and battle cries. Then Evalin moved her hands, and faster than even Viper eyes could track Evalin caught the woman by the wrist, snapping bone and sending her spinning to the side while she dodged left to avoid the man's blow, her right hand grabbing him by the neck and lifting him bodily from the ground. The thwang of a bow being fired sung in the air, but Evalin's eyes were already tracking the arrow as once more her supernatural speed aided her as she flung her Myrian meet shield before her, letting him take the arrow the the back as Evalin charged once more into the trees.

The man she had kicked was already beginning to stand to his feet, but the woman still sat crumbled on the ground, pain crossing her features as she looked at her hands, two twisted messes that would never hold a weapon again. The bowman was already knocking another arrow, eyes searching the trees for the next appearance of the beast, while his two female companions readied their swords, keeping their backs to each other as the looked for their attacker.

There was a rustle in the foliage, and suddenly a dark shape appeared flying from the shadows directly toward the bowman and his guards. In the dim light it was difficult to say who it was, but in a panic the man fired his readied arrow, hitting the target square center and causing it to topple to the side. Coming to a halt something became obvious of this body... there was already an arrow sticking out of it. By the time the man noticed this and raised his eyes once more Evalin was streaking from the woods, sharp teeth glinting red in the light of the remaining fires as she charged straight through the two women guards, both jumping to the side to avoid being trampled, and caught the man by the face. The speed of the hit launched him fully off his feet, flying backwards, but with a twist of her wrist Evalin's nails cut deep into flesh and the head came free in her hand, flying forward to bounce against a tree as she once more sped into the foliage.

The three that remained back together, the girl with the twisted hands stayed where she was, eyes looking about, alert, still a warrior despite her injuries. The three healthy Myrians brandished their weapons, fierce looks in their eyes as the prepared to fight to the death, brave though foolish. In a way Evalin admired this, and so she paused in her running dash, turning to slowly walk back into the clearing, standing partially in shadows and looking at the three that remained. She stood seven feet tall at the crown of her head, the arch of her horns making her slightly taller. Red eyes glittered in the firelight, and splashes of red marred her body, war paint of blood. Walking slowly forward Evalin bowed her head, a respectful gesture, toward the three that remained. She spoke then, in a tongue too ancient for any present to truly understand, "You fought well... Flee now and you may yet live. I accept the wounded as my sacrifice. Flee if you wish, or die and retain your honor. It matters not to me."

Clear confusion showed on their faces, expressions twisting and becoming a mask of determination. The man then stepped forward, moving his weapon with the ease of a master. With one last warriors cry he dashed forward, raising his weapon high aiming to chop at Evalin's waist. With an almost disdainful motion Evalin stepped to the side, her hand a blur that cut a deep gash up his arm, over his throat and finally splitting his skull. The man's momentum carried him forward a few more steps before he finally fell, blood flowing free from the wounds created. Raising her blood soaked hand before her eyes Evalin's black tongue darted out, lapping up the liquid while a disgusted look crossed her features. Her eyes fell on the two women, both of who now chose to charge as well. Evalin watched, almost bored, as they circled to either side in an attempt to trap her in a pincer.

Pulling forth from deep within her Evalin summoned her res to flow once more. Raising her hands out to either side, a symbolic gesture, heat wave like res flowed between her fingers, flowing across the ground and up the limbs of the children that dared to attack one such as she. The shock and surprise of feeling the res upon their bodies caused both to slow, a costly mistake for as they did Evalin snapped her fingers, the res igniting to flames which consumed both in an inferno. Their screams filled the night, as they did not die quickly. They roasted, burning their flesh and bones until a full chime passed and finally their movements stilled and they were just burning corpses upon the ground.

Stepping over these Evalin's eyes finally turned to the last girl, her eyes wide, not quite fearful but still not quite so brave. As she neared Evalin leaned down, a finger pressing beneath the girl's chin, pulling her slowly to her feet. Evalin's eyes did not leave the girl's, as she examined her closely. A smile crossed her lips as her hand moved to cup one cheek, "Not this one. Worry not child, your suffering ends now..." Her words were soft, almost loving as she pulled her closer, tilting her head to the side, and then suddenly her teeth sank deep into flesh, tearing into the carroted artery so that blood gushed forth, running down Evalin's chin, over the woman's neck and chest, soaking the ground and her clothes. The Myrian's eyes widened, her body trembled, but admirably it was not until a full chime later that she finally lost her life, her eyes rolling back as Evalin caught her wight with her hands. Releasing the neck Evalin then turned her attention to Aka. ONe hand held the corpses arm as she straighted to her full height, looking down on Aka.

The light of the fires brought a stark contrast between the purple skin and the red of the blood that flowed over Evalin's chin and front, that coated her hands and even her hair. Her skin was smooth, almost perfect. Her upper body was that of a full woman, curves where they should be, fit abs and sharp features of womanly beauty for her face. Her hair fell down to her back, over her shoulders and was a slightly darker shade of purple. Two spiraling horns curved over her head, almost like a crown upon her head, the crown of the beast. Her lower half was that of a well built horse, sleek and powerful, strong yet agile. Her fur was purple as well, her hooves a dark black, and strange markings over her body resembled something like tattoos though their design was hard to place. That feeling of distortion, unease flowed from her stronger now. That feeling one gets when one sees something unnatural, that does not belong. A distortion of reality.

When she opened her mouth her pointed teeth were clearly visible, their purpose all but obvious, and whens he spoke her voice was rich, commanding, so different from when she was a mere nuit. In this form she held power, authority though none of her followers were here to do as she bid, "My Mistress, as you summoned, I am here."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on December 3rd, 2013, 7:50 am

The Myrians were getting closer... and closer to her, taking care not to brush with the flames surrounding the Viper's small form. Some of the notched their arrows, preparing to strike at her with their bone weapons, however... a blood-curling screech violently echoed in the jungle. The Myrians were visibly intimidated at the unnatural sound, no animals in the jungle had that kind of ethereal chill. Aka only smirked for she knew it was the work of her precious doll, Evalin. Hehehehe... you'll all die! She propped herself up with her left hand, her right hand shakily flowed her res. just in case Evalin needed her help. Aka turned to the direction of Evalin as another howl wrecked through the Myrians, then a few ticks later, a powerful monster emerged from the foliage.

"Woah..." Her scarlet slits followed the swift movements of the monster, she moved much faster than a Viper Dhani, like one of those trained Syliran Knight horses, but she also carried an unnatural presence with her almost as if she was made entirely out of magic. Aka had to convince herself the creature that just snatched a Myrian with a blur was indeed Evalin and not some kind of hallucination. Mirages couldn't actually hurt someone, but this one was very much real. "Hehehe... hahahaha!" Oddly, Aka wasn't afraid at all, she felt invigorated and happy, watching her doll sprang into action at her command. She was her lover, comrade, and protector, the Viper didn't do wrong when she decided to pick up the stray Nuit girl lost in the jungle. The satisfying crunches of bone and muscles were music to her ears, pitiful gurgles of the snatched Myrian diverted the fang's attention from her to this new unknown monster.

Time seemed to slow down as Evalin charged again, the Viper's eyes trying to keep up with her movements. When she jumped over her, Aka's mouth slightly opened in agape, now she could discern some general features of her morphed doll. Evalin turned into a half-human, half-horse, creature. She was like the 'horse' version of a Dhani's half-snake, half-human form. The pain on her right shin was forgotten entirely, her scarlet slits watching the gory show before her. "Die! Die die die! How do you feel?!" The sight of battle, the sweet whispers, and relief of being saved all combined into one, creating surges of euphoria flooding the Viper's mind. Myrians flung here and there, their flesh torn apart, their weapons futile, and their warcries fell on deaf ears as Evalin unleashed her rage upon the bronze monkeys.

The Viper felt her inherent sadistic urges flared, seeing a head being torn off so violently by Evalin, blood pouring freely from the stump of his neck, some of them splashed onto Aka's naked form as her clothes were completely burned in her fiery show. "Hehe..." She dipped her right index finger to the blood at her chest then slowly licked it. It's not so bad... She never ate Myrian flesh before, not because it was disgusting, but her pride keeping her from even thinking to gain sustenance with the flesh of these monkeys. As Evalin slowed down her movements, surrounded by the flames of Aka's creation, the half-horse Nuit looked graceful and deadly. In addition to extra limbs, she also had those majestic horns above her head, markings of magic all over her body, and the curves of her upper human part... filled the Viper with envy. Oh... petch me, she got those swellings on her chest too?! Even in her wounded state, the Viper's insecurities still had presence, knowing her very own cute doll could turn into this kind of creature with that kind of chest greatly envied her. "...hmph." She lay back down, thinking of various ways she could grow No... not morphing. ...naturally.

The half-horse majestic creature finished off the last three of the Myrians, taunting in that strange language she heard once back in her cave. Most likely Evalin's native tongue. Two of them burned with Evalin's own fire, the Viper smiled, it was good to know her doll preferred flames over any other element. Her last kill was gruesome, fully displaying her need for blood, the Myrian female twitched as her precious liquid drained from her. Then... it was done, sixteen dead bronze monkeys, one morphed creature, and one serpent girl surrounded by flames. The sight was like a twisted version of a tale where a girl met her guardian creature. In the eyes of common men, there were nothing majestic or 'right' about the scene, but in Aka's eyes, the creature before her was her saviour... and she was hers. "..." Aka looked up at her doll, the flames being reflected in both of their eyes. "Eva..." She examined the purple half-steed, taking in her unnatural presence as soothing. Maybe this was how some humans felt when they saw a Dhani in Dhani form, a creature born out of the nightmares of Gods. Aka's lips slowly curled into a grin, she clutched the arrow on her shin as she shifted into a sitting position.

"Hehe... I know you could do it. So... let'sss clean up the mess." Aka didn't speak as much, there was no words to be said, from what they did tonight, there were steps closer to burning Taloba into the ground. "Gather... the firesss and extinguisssh them." Aka used the res she conjured to act as a beacon, the flames around her homing into to her right palm. As they touched her res, Aka commanded them to transform into puffs of harmless air. "Gah..." She groaned in pain and exhaustion, she couldn't handle anymore heavy casting lest she risked overgiving. She assumed Evalin would help her, after they were done, Aka would smile at the girl as she tilted her head. "I can't walk like thisss ssso... I need you to carry me, not in thisss form of courssse." To make Evalin's job easier, the Viper began shifting to her snake form. Her body shrank as scales spawned from her pale skin, her hair receding and her head turning serpentine, thirty ticks later, a regular sized crimson cobra. The wound was located near her tail. She hissed, gesturing for the Nuit to pick her up.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on December 11th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Her body was weary, Eva's current form took a lot of energy to maintain. It shook with power, but at the same time it consumed whatever the nuit had in spare. It was always a gamble, best used as a last resort... yet somehow despite this Evalin always felt compelled to give into the urge to release this part of herself. It was dangerous, feral... yet the pleasure it brought with it was unlike anything else she had ever experienced.

Pulling the limp body up by its arm Evalin rippled the clothing from her lower body, raising her legs up and biding deep into her inner thigh, puncturing the large artery there as well to cause a fresh cascade of crimson to flow over her tongue. It was like extasy, like a fresh drink of water after days in the sun. She would need this energy, this feeding to keep her body from falling to pieces before she could change back. Still holding the body to her mouth, gulping the blood as if it were water, Evalin summoned for the power from deep within herself, pressing it beneath her skin to exit from every pour as gaseous res. Turning her body Evalin waved a hand, letting her res mix with that of Aka's as she aided the girl in the clean up. Pulling fire along its path, Evalin hissed a soft command, dispersing the flames she collected as air just as the Mistress did.

That task done Evalin looked back at the Mistress, noting her change even as her body demanded more from her. Releasing the corpse and tossing it to the side as if it weighed little more than a doll, Evalin leaned forward to speak down to the changed Dhani, "If that is what my Mistress commands. Though I as well shall return to my original form." There was no reason to explain why, simply stating that she would would suffice. There was little point in offering the girl another tidbit such as this.

Evalin groaned softly as she closed her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest to clutch at her sides as she winced. Pain coursed up and down her body, spiking at times though rarely did it fade at all. Unlike when she became this beast, when Evalin returned to her bodies true form she could feel every bone crack, every shift in her skin, every displacement of muscle. Her body shifted, writhed, withdrew and expanded, and she moaned softly as her four legs buckled and she came to her knees. The hind quarters shrunk, and as it did she lost her balance, falling forward and catching herself on shaky arms. Muscle spasms continued, flesh moving on its own not like what one sees in morphing. It wasn't controlled, or intentional, and the pain it caused was extreme. Finally Evalin sat, half laying, on the ground, using her elbows to prop herself up as she struggled to still her bodies shaking. She never would get used to the pain, and the length of time it took to return was several chimes. Several chimes of having your body turned inside out and back.

After a few ticks to recover herself Evalin slowly stood, reaching down to allow Aka to slither onto her arm. Then she would carry her to where she left her belongings. There resting against the tree was her staff, and hanging from it the icy gem that was her hidden Familiar. Reaching forward Evalin gently ran a finger over its surface before picking it up and hanging it around her own neck. Taking up the staff as well Evalin made her way toward Zinrah, toward safety from the night, and the weariness then would consume her and she would rest and think of nothing at all.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on January 5th, 2014, 3:41 pm

c
Aka

Experience:
  • Acrobatics 1
  • Flirting 1
  • Observation 3
  • Reimancy 2
  • Running 1
  • Socialization 1
  • Tactics 1

Lore:
  • Finding Someone to Return Your Feelings
  • Creating Wings of Fire
  • The Benefits of Having Back Up
  • Witnessing Katherine's True Form

Evalin

Experience:
  • Acting 1
  • Familiary 3
  • Meditation 1
  • Morphing 1
  • Observation 2
  • Philosophy 1
  • Reimancy 3
  • Running 1
  • Stealth 1
  • Tactics 1

Lore:
  • Hiding Your True Monstrous Self
  • Using Air to Fan Flames (Reimancy)
  • Hit and Run Tactics
  • Myrians: Brave Till the End

Shared Lore:

The Disadvantages of a Fiery Show

Additional Notes :
This was a super fun thread! I mean there's not many things cooler than Aka transforming herself into a human phoenix and then Evalin saving her butt by transforming into a demonic purple centaur lady. Ev I gave you an extra reimancy point for the awesome description of your reimancy boosting Aka's, twas a masterful play and wonderfully written, and Aka, I also really appreciated that you had the back up get to them, because fire isn't the most subtle thing when mass murdering Myrians haha.

These two are turning out to be quite the functioning dysfunctional duo, can't wait to see what happens next. If you think I left anything out shout at me!

c
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)