Location [Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

Postby Tanrea on March 14th, 2013, 4:59 am

Tanre smiled and raised a hand, "No no that be all. You been much help to me." She brought a finger to her lips, looking to the side as she pondered a moment on what her next steps should be, "I think I shall find inn you speak of, and go to your Bizzare to find new clothes for first meeting.

Hefting the pack on her shoulders she turned to leave, but stopped and turned back, "Thank you for advice. I hope we meet again."

With a final wave Tanre made her way to the door, stopping with two hands on the frame to take a deep breath before venturing forth into the crazy world of Alvadas.

OOCI am going to purchase some clothing in a solo thread. Can I have permission to wear them in the thread I am making for Tanre's job interview?
Arumenic | Common
Tanrea
Player

Words: 5932
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2013, 2:45 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Aurelia Skyglow on December 2nd, 2013, 7:49 pm

2nd day of Winter 513

Aurelia's faint smile froze into a grimace as she took in the array of greens that made up the streets and buildings in front of her. She was used to the ice, snow and stone of Avanthal that gave such a wide spectrum of colours. As her eyes scanned the crossroads ahead of her, Aurelia was shocked to find that even the people were clad in green. She dropped her eyes to the pommel of Gladiolus' saddle and found her faded, wine-coloured dress had turned to the colour of moss. How was it that her father had never mentioned that the entire city was green and made everything else green?

Spotting a splash of red in the wash of green, Aurelia spent several minutes deciphering the words: “The Welcoming/Housing/Orientation/Sanity Center”. She couldn't be certain whether it was her inadequate grasp of Common Mizaharian that made the sign seem odd or if it actually was as strange as she found it. Aurelia tied up the horse outside and then made her way inside, looking for a member of staff. She soon found an over-crowded office and a woman behind the cluttered desk.
"Excuse me... madame," she began, haltingly. "Can she me assist?"
Aurelia Skyglow
Player

Words: 4559
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2013, 2:56 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tapestry on December 2nd, 2013, 8:39 pm

e

Aurelia

Serenity was massaging her temples, alternating circles with her calloused fingers as she tried to shut out the commotion from the outside. Whenever she opened her eyes, there was green. Green. Green. Green. Why in Ionu's name was it green?

At first it had been splendor, the way all the colors transformed like catching wildfire...but it was the second day and the shades of green persisted, growing over familiar landmarks and each person like some sort of disease.

Already Serenity had been bombarded by the folks who'd arrived last seasons, questioning whether this change was a permanent one, and whether sales in clothing would drop now that no one could create lasting garments of a different color. All in all, Alvadas had seen better seasons.

So, at first, she didn't hear the Vantha girl come in. Not till the last part of her broken request when Serenity looked up and made eye contact with her.

Her instinct was to scowl, but pushing her tangled hair away from her eyes she smiled instead and offered a seat. "Please, sit down," she bade her, "I'm Serenity." Noting the girl's hesitance, Serenity dug into her desk for a worn black leather bound book and set it on the table. If she could determine the girl's origin, the book would have a list of common translated phrases she could use to better instruct. Honestly it was a godsend she had found it at all, and much in the way of Alvadas...it had been by hapchance.

"How can I help you?" she asked, smiling with as much charm as she could muster.

e
Moderated threads 1/3

PM me! Let's talk plots.
Tapestry
Let me Weave you a Tale

Words: 60922
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 7:45 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Aurelia Skyglow on December 2nd, 2013, 9:07 pm

e"Please, sit down," she bade her, "I'm Serenity."e

Aurelia dropped gratefully into the proffered chair. She was saddle-sore and bone-weary, having spent far too many hours of each day atop the horse on the poor roads.
"I Aurelia... Skyglow." This time, her hesitancy was due to her reluctance to be reminded of her troubled past.

e"How can I help you?" she asked, smiling with as much charm as she could muster.e

"I am needing where stay. You map have?" Her father had claimed that it was Alvadas and its ever-changing streets that was to blame for his inability to remember where he had left anything but Aurelia, her mother and everyone else had always thought this one of his wild stories. "Who orders work Alvadas?"

OOCThanks for the swift response. It's nice to see this place is so active.
Aurelia Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ko Loraynhaus on December 2nd, 2013, 9:30 pm

3rd of Winter, 513 AV

It was surprisingly hard to find, the only building that didn't move in the whole city. After a while of trekking through the chilly streets, Ko finally found it, in front of the Gaping Maw, naturally. Stepping through the door, she inhaled the warm air gratefully and scanned the room. It wasn't large at all but the walls seemed to lean in on her as they were filled with . . . everything. Not bothering to look to closely, Ko stepped forward from the door, farther into the room. The woman behind the desk hunched over filling out a form in small neat hand writing. Curiously, Ko placed her hand on back of the chair in front of the desk, running her hand along the smooth worn wood for a brief moment before speaking.

"Hi," Ko swallowed her accent down, she didn't exactly want to sound like a new-comer in her own city. Ko hesitated a moment before deciding to just be forward, which was not one of her strong suits. "I'm looking for a job-I'm a hunter. You get people situated with jobs here, right?" Ko cleared her throat, watching the woman carefully. She needed this desperately, since no one supported her anymore, she had to do it herself.

Common-Fratavian-Thinking

Ko Loraynhaus
Curious as the Woods, Friendly as a misfit.

Words: 14570
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 8:49 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tapestry on December 3rd, 2013, 8:37 pm

e
Aurelia

"Skyglow...skyglow..." Serenity mumbled to herself as she flipped through the black book. The name was certainly familiar, but she couldn't exactly place where she heard it before. That was until her fingers settled on the page titled simply Avanthal and the list of lodge names that spread out from there. Oh. Of course, this one was from Avanthal. The guidebook suggested they spoke a language called Vani, and Serenity exasperatedly blew a strand of hair from her face as she turned the next few pages.

On them were a number of sentences spelled phonetically in the Vani language with the translation beneath them. Smiling triumphantly, she picked up the book and glanced from Aurelia to the pages and back.

"Hello, Welcome to Alvadas." she said in Vani, stumbling over the hearty pronunciation and pressing two fingers to one temple, "The Sanity Center will see to your housing need. If you are low on funds, perhaps you can stay in the..." she paused at this, glaring. The book hadn't been updated and some of these places didn't even exist anymore...arguably some of them might not have ever existed.

"Wolf's Cave" she said in common, making a face, "Or the cube-cube..." she looked around and grabbed a box, running her hands along the shape "Cubacious inn."

Leafing through a few more pages she grinned again, triumphantly, stabbing her finger at one sentence before speaking, "What are your talents?"

Ko

Peeking over the top of her desk, Serenity greeted Ko with a tired smile. Flopping both arms over the desk, she beckoned her closer.

"Hunter, huh? Tough job considering game in the mountains, always thought fishing would be better myself, but then...who am I to talk?" She shrugged and sat back on her chair, pulling a book from beneath her desk and leafing through the pages.

"Micah Netven of the Wolf's Cave was putting out a call for hunters. Seems this last season or so brought in a new tassel of travelers and her inn is struggling to keep them all fed. She'll pay market price for whatever you drag in. Go ahead and say Serenity from the Sanity center sent you and that should be it."

She smiled cheerily, "Now then, go on your way...unless you had something else to ask me about."

When Ko turned to go, a shadow detached itself from the back of the Sanity Center, revealing a six armed man with glimmering gold skin, glasses that perched precariously on his nose, and cold eyes that evaluated Ko like an eagle might size up its prey.

"Now then," he said, crossing two of his arms across his chest, "If I overheard correctly, you're calling yourself a hunter. Well, if you're looking for a job that doesn't pay simply..." he paused, looking across the room at Serenity who had turned away, no longer paying attention, "Standard fare, then perhaps we could strike a little side deal to augment your modest income."

e
Moderated threads 1/3

PM me! Let's talk plots.
Tapestry
Let me Weave you a Tale

Postby Ko Loraynhaus on December 4th, 2013, 12:55 am

She was remarkably satisfied with her visit. In a few quick seconds she had what she wanted. A Job. Well she didn't exactly have a job, but she knew how to get one, which was exactly where she was headed to next. Serenity had made a valuable point. The mountains surrounding Alvadas were pretty hard to hunt on. Though there was a fair amount of brush to hide traps in, there wasn't all that many large animals. And with Ko’s skill, or lack thereof, compared to most, with a shortbow was nothing to brag about on the windy terrain. Sure she could get just about as much hares as she wanted. But in the end, its the fatty boar’s or the thick deer that the people wanted.

As soon as Ko turned around though her thoughts were otherwise occupied. I huge man, at least tall compared to her, loomed over her. To say he was a man would be an underestimate. He was outstanding. Six arms posed around his gold shimmering torso. Ko stiffened immediately, her hand reaching for something, something that wasn't there to defend her as his eyes bore into her. Never before had she felt so vulnerable. Ko gave an audibly sharp intake of breath, letting it go slowly, attempting relax herself. If he had wanted to attack her he would have by now. Either way I would be utterly defenseless, the thought did not rest the gooseskin that ran down her spine when he began to speak.

"Now then," Two of his arms crossed around his chest, a relatively familiar gesture to Ko. The other arms shifted slightly, naturally filling a bit of the gap that had been created. How had he grown six arms? Did he use a potion or illusion to give off his shimmering pigment? As far as Ko could tell there were no obvious marks from Ionu. Why was he even here? How did he get here? What did he want? Why did his sleek, fascinating presence scare her so? Curiosity flared on Ko’s tongue, threatening to explode, but now was not the time.

"If I overheard correctly, you're calling yourself a hunter. Well, if you're looking for a job that doesn't pay simply..." His dark orbs darted behind her, Ko almost turned around, but her own eyes were locked on his, he apparent address to her kept her silent. Though the gooseskin that prickled her scalp, did not let her set her guard down. "Standard fare, then perhaps we could strike a little side deal to augment your modest income."

Curiosity killed the cat, the phrase shot in the back of her head as the simple ‘yes’ bubbled up her throat, ready to agree. She hadn't thought about it at all.

“But I’m not a particularly exceptional hunter.” Ko’s voice was ten times more even than her heartbeat, but also ten times more wary. She mentally slapped herself, why would she put doubts in his mind that she deny such an offer? Or even really question it? The only thing she had to return to at home was a cold cottage and six over-ripe apples to greet her stomach. Whatever this man offered her she would take. But why was he offering her? “I mean, yes, I’ll do it. I’m not denying your offer . . . sir. I just . . .” So many questions, but Ko decided they didn't need answering, this man needed a hunter, and Ko was determined to be that hunter. She’ll do what she had to to prove to this stranger that she was worth his time. Determination replaced her oh-so-curious questions with a simple “You know what? Yes, what do you need me to do?”

Common-Fratavian-Thinking

Ko Loraynhaus
Curious as the Woods, Friendly as a misfit.

Words: 14570
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 8:49 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aurelia Skyglow on December 5th, 2013, 1:54 pm

eSmiling triumphantly, she picked up the book and glanced from Aurelia to the pages and back.

"Hello, Welcome to Alvadas." she said in Vani, stumbling over the hearty pronunciation and pressing two fingers to one temple, "The Sanity Center will see to your housing need. If you are low on funds, perhaps you can stay in the..." she paused at this, glaring.

[...]

"Wolf's Cave" she said in common, making a face, "Or the cube-cube..." she looked around and grabbed a box, running her hands along the shape "Cubacious inn."
e

"The 'Cubacious Inn'?" asked the young woman, her face a mask of confusion.

eLeafing through a few more pages she grinned again, triumphantly, stabbing her finger at one sentence before speaking, "What are your talents?"e

Aurelia's face cleared, evidently this woman was responsible for allocating work to the residents of Alvadas; no wonder she seemed so tired.
"I am good with a needle," Aurelia answered in Vani. "And some understanding of herbs and their uses. Also, I can ride a horse well and know something of how to care for one."
Aurelia Skyglow
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tapestry on December 11th, 2013, 7:47 pm

e
ooc :
I apologize for the wait

Ko

Karesh smiled, the grin almost wolfish on his golden visage. Giving a short salute to the tired Serenity, he strolled from the Sanity center, offering only a nod of his head to coax Ko to follow him.

(Interaction will be continued in another thread)

Aurelia

Serenity stared at Aurelia blankly for a moment. In her head the words jumbled with the ones she'd read and she put a hand delicately to her temple. It would not do to get annoyed at the girl now, certainly the communication gap was something Serenity had wrestled with before. On another page, there were a list of job related words that could help the translator suss out what career the foreign speaker desired.

Although overworked, Serenity had been at her job for years and, by practice, had managed to learn swift recall. Looking through the words she recognized 'herbs', 'needle' and 'horses'. All possibilities but then, she could have been easily explaining what she wasn't good at.

Frustrating...frustrating.

Wait.

Serenity blinked, sat back, and laughed, stamping her feet on the ground in an impromptu victory dance. Of course! Of course!

"Come!" She commanded the girl, lurching from behind her desk and grabbing her wrist, "We'll get you sorted out! I know just the person!"

(To be continued in another thread)

e
Moderated threads 1/3

PM me! Let's talk plots.
Tapestry
Let me Weave you a Tale

Postby Resuna on December 23rd, 2013, 10:11 pm

5th of Winter 513

Resuna had been in the city for a matter of minutes. She was both relieved and more exhausted than she could ever remember being. The young girl had absolutely no idea where she was or what she was going to do now that she was here, but she was sure that there would be somewhere to sleep.

She adjusted the pack on her shoulder. She had money and a few possessions inside it. But that was all. Perhaps this place would provide her with more?
A quick glance at her surroundings revealed a small house a few paces away. She squinted at the sign, wondering if it was meant to be as confusing as she perceived it to be.

She stepped into the building, taking in the space, or rather, lack of. Reaching out, she rang the bell on the desk assuming that was the right thing to do.
Resuna
Player

Words: 5752
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2013, 12:04 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext