Location [Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

Postby Ceruna on February 23rd, 2013, 9:29 am

64th of Winter, 512 AV

The woman warily, or maybe resignedly would be more precise, sighed and opened her other eye. The bird-nest-woman seemed calm and ready for anything, quite like a mare with her small colt who has just woken up and wants to play or wander too far from the herd. It was a look often directed to Ceruna when she was still with the Syliras horses, and it calmed her to see that she wouldn't be treated any different here, just because no-one knows her. After seeing that nothing more than greeting will come from Ceruna the woman offered a welcome of her own.

''Ello.''

It was simple and quiet spoken, after that the bird-nest-lady quietened and seemed to wait for her response. After the non-assuming greeting Ceruna was convinced that this lady would not suddenly become a screaming crazy-woman and with a small, relieved sigh and a hesitant smile started explaining her reasons for coming in this office of shorts and what she needed.

''I'm new to the city, and I'm not sure where to go, and as this place looked welcoming I just came in. Do you know where an inn could be? And if you know anything at all about jobs suited for a young girl, quick on her feet, but not much else, I would be very happy.''

Not knowing what else she can ask Ceruna folded her hands behind her back, bounced a bit on her feet. Now that she was sure that this woman wouldn't eat her, she couldn't wait to learn more about this city.
Ceruna
Player

Words: 5790
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 1:09 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Artur on February 24th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Artur chuckled a bit when he heard the lady mention The Wolf's Cave, ironically enough the only furry animal under his skin was him period. Not that she knew that right away...or did she? The thought intrigued him. The idea of being sea sick however did not, nor did the idea of waking up on the ceiling and falling on the floor. Therefore the cave was the no doubt the choice of the day.

Next came the subject of food. "Hmmm, cooking, hey? How long do you intend to stay here in Alvadas? I can give you work as a kitchen assistant in the Withering Rose, a restaurant open for dinner and late night. It's a ... little less than cheery, but hey, a newcomer can't complain too much, right? ... Right?" She started to sound rather serious, almost to a point that sounded as if there were little choice. Artur felt a bit nervous.

"Well...i-it is probably just for a couple of seasons.... and it would be a start. I'll take the job." He nodded as he twiddled his thumbs nervously. If it was a matter of obtaining food, especially after his hibernation, then he would gladly take the opportunity while it was open.
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whimsy on February 26th, 2013, 2:41 am

Ceruna

Serenity huffed loudly once the girl started expounding on her reasons for being here. It seemed every new person who wandered into Alvadas wanted to know the same thing, the same question, the only one that Serenity really couldn't answer. Did they know absolutely nothing about the city? Why even bother coming here? It was hard for Serenity to be forgiving of ignorance when she dealt with it literally every day. Digging her nails into her palms, she tried her best to be welcoming.

"Well, then. Welcome to Alvadas. Unfortunately I really can't answer your question." Standing, she moved around to the front of the desk so that she could lean upon the wood while talking to the newcomer. "There are two inns in Alvadas. One is the Cubacious Inn, where spinning cubes constantly rotate and make up the walls of the inn. The other is the Wolf's Cave, specially tailored towards the more ... animalistic of us. Both are quite affordable - between one and three silver miza a night. Unfortunately, I have no idea where they are. There could be anywhere, really. Such is the nature of Alvadas. Here one day, gone the next." She sighed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Once you find the inn, you'll be given a key to your room that will act as a homing device, tug you in the right direction. But until then, I really can't be much help. You'll just have to stumble upon it."

Once Ceruna had responded to the curious nature of Alvadian housing, she pressed on to the second question, eager to get her business done quickly so that she might get back to her well-deserved rest. "Hmm. A job for one quick on their feet..." Serenity paused, thinking. "How long do you intend to stay in Alvadas? There is a medical centre here, called Ionu's Mercy. They need couriers, people to carry their mail around the city, that sort of thing. They're always in contact with their patients, their suppliers, and so on. As a courier, your job would be to run around the city delivering the mail and packages for Ionu's Mercy. Is that something you think you could do? You'd be payed 3 gold mizas a day."

Artur

Serenity nodded when Artur chose the Wolf Cave as his residence of choice for the meantime. "A Kelvic, then? That will be one silver miza a day for a simple room. You can pay at the Inn, but you're on your own when it comes to finding it. I'm sorry I can't help you out more, there, but that's just the nature of Alvadas. Once you've found the Cave and rented a room, you'll be given a key that sort of tugs you in the direction of the Inn. So you'll never lose your room." Serenity nodded decisively. The man seemed to be less pressing than many of the baffled visitors to Alvadas. It was refreshing.

"Fantastic!" Serenity smiled, scribbling down the details of the job on a piece of scrap paper, before thrusting it in his direction. "You'll be payed three silver miza per day for the duration of your day here. Again, you're on your own with regards to finding the place each day. Perhaps ask the head chef once you're there if you can get a homing key or the like. But congratulations! Welcome to Alvadas! Have a good day now!" She waved prematurely, as if hoping that he would leave without any more questions. But if he asked another, she would grudgingly provide the information he needed.

OOCHooray! You now have a job as a cook's assistant for 3gm a day at the Withering Rose. Your jobs include preparing food, doing basic cooking, cleaning the kitchen, and so on. You'll need to do two job threads a season. I'll PM you a SS Secrets thread once I've gotten one from Fallacy. Congratulations!

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."
Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Words: 121180
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tanrea on March 1st, 2013, 8:07 pm

3rd of Spring, 513 AV

Tanre stepped out from the entrance of the Gaping Maw, eyes wide at the sights that she saw. All around her the world was... Suddenly different. Looking up the sky was still the sky, but it was... green? Blinking her eyes several times Tanre rubbed a hand over her eye lids, blicking them open once more. The sky wasn't green now... it was purple.

What is...

Her eyebrows raised in a quizzical fashion, disbelieving what she saw, yet she could not deny what she say... or could she? This time she rubbed her eyes with two hands, looking up once more to find the sky its normal blue, and the Eypharian sighed with relief. But she suddenly jumped when the sky cracked like glass. Heart pounding she quickly looked back down to the ground, walking forward with a determined expression, refusing to believe what she saw.

It was then that she saw the building, thank Dira a building, and she made a rush for its strong, sturdy foundations. Nearly yanking the door open Tanre grasped the door frame with four of her six arms, the other two holding onto her back as she looked about the small room. Books piled high to the ceiling, papers and files strewn about. The office was as chaotic as the city, yet as she looked Tanre did not see any strange shifts or changes occurring all of a sudden. A hand on her chest she sighed with relief and let go of the frame, walking into the room, being careful not to knock over any of the piles of paper. She noticed a desk, just as messy as the rest of the office, and a single bell upon it. With one hand she would ring it tentatively, setting it down to wait patiently for someone to answer, eyes still searching the place curiously.

OOCFallacy, as you have commanded I made an OOC note for you to post for me!
Arumenic | Common
Tanrea
Player

Words: 5932
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2013, 2:45 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Ceruna on March 2nd, 2013, 7:49 am

64th of Winter, 512 AV

The moment Ceruna asked her questions the woman huffed. Loudly. A bit confused about what it was that she asked wrong she faltered for a bit, but then decided to ignore it since the bird-nest-ladies words weren’t angry or irritated.

The Wolf’s Cave inn sounded quite nice for Ceruna, she definitely met the criteria ‘’more animalistic of us’’ and people there would probably be more understanding of her habits than anyone else in the city. As long as there won’t be many cats Ceruna will be happy. But the way she had to find the inn was weird, to say the least.

‘’Well, I’m sure that with time I’ll find it. The city can’t be that large…’’

A bit nervous about the prospect of being lost and unable to find a place to sleep at night Ceruna frowned at the floor. But, the moment bird-nest-lady mentioned the word ‘’Courier’’ Cerunas head shot up. It sounded completely perfect and made her start smiling. She knew she was fast, for her age at least, and she liked nothing more than to move around all day. And the pay, 3 gold mizas, it was a lot for her, she didn’t think that delivering mail could pay you that well.

‘’I’m pretty sure I could do that; the job sounds absolutely perfect for me. Thank you so much.’’

Unless the lady would stop her with a question Ceruna would just smile at her for the last time and leave the office.
Ceruna
Player

Words: 5790
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 1:09 pm
Character sheet

Postby Whimsy on March 5th, 2013, 6:47 am

Ceruna

"The city is large enough that finding it may be difficult... the city's whims change day by day. But it might be kind to you and show you the way quite quickly..." Serenity sighed, shaking her head. She loved this city, she truly did. She wouldn't continue to work day by day in the Sanity Center, helping the newcomers with the same questions hour after hour if she did not. But it did not mean that she didn't get frustrated time to time. Sometimes, she wondered what it would be like to live in a city where the streets stayed still. "But no matter. I wish you the best of luck. You're sure to find the Wolf's Cave sometime. Walk with determination and purpose. A simple room is only a silver miza a night." She nodded her head decisively. The girl before her was at least easy to please, not kicking up a fuss like some of the others. Even if she looked a little down-trodden at the prospect of not finding the Inn right away.

"Brilliant!" Serenity smiled, relieved that the girl was so amenable to her suggestions. Some of the tourists and the newcomers to the city were so demanding, so picky about their jobs and their places of residence that it was almost as if they expected Serenity to sit Alvadas down and give it a good talking to. "Head over to Ionu's Mercy whenever you have time. You'll be paid directly by them. They'll give you their destinations and the like. Just say that Serenity from the Sanity Center sent you and it will all go down smoothly."

Serenity returned the smile that the girl gave her as she left the center, and added a farewell wave to the mix. She waited until the door slammed shut behind her, closing out the cold winter air, before turning and eyeing the chair behind the desk. Perhaps this was a good time for a quick nap...

OOCCongratulations! You have a job as a courier for Ionu's Mercy for 3gm a day. Unfortunately you won't be paid for Winter, as we've now gone into Spring, but you won't have to deduct seasonal expenses either as you don't have any other threads. Just do your two job threads for Spring. I will PM you the link to a Storyteller Secrets thread to add to your profile in the next few days. Have fun in Alvadas!

Tanre

Oh, and it was finally Spring. Serenity leant against the stable bricks of the Sanity Center, watching the sky change colour in a magical display of the illusions of Ionu. Her wild, frizzy hair blew about in the frigid wind, winter not yet gone, the weather not yet warm. Now that Winter was over, the flow of travellers into Alvadas would increase, the Suvan less treacherous, the Unforgiving braved by more and more of the foolhardy. She was enjoying these few moments of piece when a woman of six arms and wide eyes rushed into the Sanity Center, having stumbled through the strange streets of Alvadas. A newcomer, then. The six arms was something rare, though, although Serenity could safely identify her as a Eypharian. She'd studied the races of Mizahar in books in helping her run the Sanity Center. It wasn't often she saw one, however.

Serenity sighed, taking one last look at the sparkling sky before turning and following the woman inside. Wrenching open the door, she was just in time to see the Eypharian ring the bell on the desk, looking around wildly. "Behind you," Serenity sighed, striding quickly to the desk, standing behind it. "How can I help you today?"

Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tanrea on March 5th, 2013, 3:43 pm

At the words Tanre looked back, catching sight of the disheveled woman as she rounded the desk. Folding four of her hands at her waist, the other two still holding the straps of her back, Tanre offered a tentative smile, "Perhaps some medicine for my fractured mind, for I think I am going insane."

She paused, realizing that Serenity had spoken in common and smiled an apology, "I am sorry. My common not so good as native tongue." she said, accent heavy as she slowly pieced together ever word. It took some struggle to form coherent sentences with what little she knew of the foreign language, "I come to search for place to..." She frowned, struggling to find the word, "work? Is how you say it? A place to ply craft of my Master."

Tanre laughed, brushing a hand through her hair as she smiled awkwardly, "Never have I seen place as this. I cannot trust eyes that they see." She looked around the office once more, again relieved that nothing twisted or warped before her eyes. In truth she dreaded walking back out on the streets, but steeling her heart she continued, "Have you place for Magecrafter?"
Arumenic | Common
Tanrea
Player

Character sheet

Postby Whimsy on March 6th, 2013, 9:25 am

Tanre

While Serenity had heard of the many-armed Eypharians, she had never heard or studied their language, whatever it might be called. Her break outside had calmed some of her frayed nerves, giving her the blessing of patience. She simply stood silently, her head cocked quizzically to one side, when the woman before her spoke in a strange, rich tongue. However, Common swiftly followed. "Your native tongue is beautiful," Serenity said, and it was. Before the Eypharian could respond, Serenity hurried along, quick and efficient as ever.

"You've come to work? You're new to Alvadas then, I'm assuming?" She didn't need an answer. The same scared and confused look graced the faces of all those who had never been to the city of Illusion before. "Yes, Alvadas can be frightening to those who are new. But don't worry, you get used to it in time." She pondered. A magecrafter? They did not get many of those wandering into the city. Most were holed up in fortresses, with laboratories and equipment at their disposal. But if she could craft something strange and interesting, she knew of one who might be able to employ her...

"I assume you know Alvadas has a port? Well, the Patchwork Port has become home to merchants and fisherman alike. A rather wealthy, successful entrepreneur lives down by the Docks, if you can find him. His name is Aaron Taralk. He trades mainly to cities across the Suvan, like Riverfall and Syliras. Sometimes he ventures as far as Anhatep. But no matter." Serenity took a breath, moving behind the desk and looking for a paper just underneath it. The room looked like a mess but was anything but - Serenity knew where everything was, even if everyone else didn't. Much like Alvadas itself.

"Ah! Here it is," Serenity passed the paper to one of the Eypharian's hands. "That paper is a description of his business. If you read over that, and head down to the Port telling him that Serenity from the Sanity Center sent him, he'd be more than happy to assist you and give you a job. Your pay would be up to eight gold mizas a day. Am I correct in assuming you have your own instruments and equipment?" Waiting patiently for a response, Serenity did not mind how long it would take for the girl to think over. If she needed to ask questions, she may.

The paper Serenity had passed the girl looked as such:

Paper :
Merchant: Aaron Taralk.
Cities of Trade: Riverfall, Syliras, Zeltiva, Anhatep, Wind Reach (in the summer months).
Type of Trade: Knick knacks and practical items. Things that can be sold as items of interest. Often holding an Alvadian sensibility: illusionary items, toys with magical properties, items imbued with djed to help around the house. Self-heating blankets, pots that boil themselves, etc etc.

Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tanrea on March 6th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Tanre smiled at the reassuring words, "My thanks to you for comfort, but I wonder if any ever become used to city Alvadas."

Serenity talked fast, very fast for Tanre who could only just process what was being said as she was handed the piece of paper. Blinking down at it she turned it over in her hands, reading the words slowly as she answered, "I know little of city, but if a Port it near the water yes?" She looked up, a concerned look on her face, "But is water where water should be in this city?"

Adjusting her pack Tanre looked back down at the paper, mouthing the name of the man who could be her future employer. Nodding slowly she said, "I have basics. My own tools, but I not have workplace with Pedestal. I have no reagents for work either. Might I purchase in city?"

The pay sounded good, and anything that allowed her to apply her craft would have worked for Tanre. In truth this was a wonderful offer and she was eager to meet this man, this Aaron Taralk. Did he have the space for a proper lab? Could he fund her projects? Would he have her work off of commissions or something else? All these things Tanre wondered, but when she looked up at Serenity she simply asked, "Where can I find market? Many things to buy to be ready for future employer, and are inn's in city?"

OOCWill this be a modded thread or a solo on my part to get the job with Aaron?
Arumenic | Common
Tanrea
Player

Character sheet

Postby Whimsy on March 9th, 2013, 12:59 am

Tanre

Serenity shrugged, not much of a comforting gesture to the newcomer. "Water is where water wants to be, in Alvadas. Don't worry. You'll find it in time. The city plays tricks on us but it knows our thoughts and where we're headed... it may help or hinder you. My advice is: don't take everything too seriously. Have fun with the city and the city will be nice to you. Get mad at the city, and the city will make your time here hell." She smiled, but it wasn't a comforting smile. That was just the way things were in Alvadas. To Serenity, it was second nature, but to this Eypharian, every tip counted.

"Aaron has a room attached to his home in the Docks that you can use for your work," Serenity said, watching the girl's expressions carefully. "But as for the specifics of magecrafting tools, you'll need to source them yourself, and pay for them out of your own pocket. I'm sure you'll have lucrative returns in the long-run." Serenity shook her head, not really knowing what a reagent was. "Aaron will talk them over for you, but again, you'll be required to supply most of the ingredients. Your pay will cover most of the expenses."

"I could be wrong though! Ask Aaron when you see him. He'll be far more knowledgeable about what he requires of you." Serenity sighed at the woman's last questions. She understood that there was a learning curve to Alvadas, but it didn't make answering the same question over and over again not frustrating. "There are indeed inns in this city - for you I would recommend the Cubacious Inn, a simple room is one silver miza a night. And a marketplace can be found. It's called the Bizarre. It has most everything you might be looking for." Running a hand through her hair, she sighed. "But of course, I cannot tell you where they are, because they might be anywhere. You see? But you'll find them soon, don't worry." Standing up, wiping down her skirt, she smiled.

"Will there be anything else?"

OOCI will mod you your interaction with the employer. You'll need to start the thread and tag me in the title. I'll jump in as soon as I can. In the meantime, you can start other threads assuming you've gotten the job as a magecrafter for Aaron Teralk.

Louis de Bernières

[ Floating AS of Kalea ]
Whimsy
made of tiny stories

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext