[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (FINISHED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (FINISHED)

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 21st, 2010, 4:01 am

50th of Summer, 510 AV
The Courtyard Of The Sky

Axel flew down to the amphitheatre, perching upon a platform; her lustrous black wings shined with a hint of glittering indigo and slate-blue. "Seems quite empty today," the Wind Eagle affirmed, garnet-red eyes scanning the area. Brunhild hopped off in a casual manner, taking a look for herself. The Inarta sighed in discontent, taking a seat next to Axel by the ledge.

"I don't know how you survive the heat with that black Katinu on," Axel chirped, flapping her wide wings. "Look, I'm already wearing a overly-skimpy Vinati!" Brunhild removed the Katinu to prove her point. Her Vinati was black with red flowers stitched intricately at the sides, had a flattering halter top design. It had a very low heart-shaped neckline, which accentuated her voluptuous and curvy body, as well as revealing her well-toned midriff. "Come on, it's summertime and you're wearing something for the cold!" Axel nipped at the hood of the Katinu, removing it off of the Inarta. "Fine," Brunhild complied, folding the Katinu next to her. Together, they waited for someone to come.

"Lets play a game while we wait then," Axel exclaimed, pointing her golden beak up at the sky, "Whoever finds the strangest cloud shape wins!" Brunhild looked bemused, toying with her black leather Sontavs, paying no mind to the breeze that messed up her fiery red curls as she gingerly looked up into the cloudy sky. "W-well, that one looks like a Yukman," she giggled. This was going to be a rather amusing day.
Last edited by Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 29th, 2010, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (OPEN)

Postby Fenilen on August 21st, 2010, 6:42 am

Fenilen sat in a corner of the ampitheatre, his legs pulled up to his bare chest, his hands folded as his head rested upon his knees. He was obviously deep in thought, thinking most likely of something philosophical. His eyes stared meaninglessly at the opposite side of the ampitheatre, a breeze waking him from his chain of thought. After another two minutes of trying to return to this state of reflection and thought, he gave up, rising to his feet with an audible groan.

An eagle. An Endal. Could he really resist investigating? He made his way up to where the eagle was perched, and presumably, where the Endal was. Curiously, and ever so slightly stalkerishly, he watched the pair for a few moments, before approaching ever so cautiously, looking at the Endal with a feeling of reverance.

He went to say something, but couldn't. He was too shy. Fenilen couldn't bring himself to thank one of the Endal for providing for them, for insuring their protection and food supply, for ensuring their constant existance. They were too important and busy to waste time with him, anyway. He began studying the wall of the Ampitheatre, trying to look busy.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 21st, 2010, 6:59 am

"What are you doing?" Brunhild exclaimed nonchalantly, not even glancing at the newcomer. She could feel his presence. Axel turned to look at the male Inarta for a moment, and then ruffled her wings.

"He looks quite enamored," she mused telepathically. "Nonesense," Brunhild retorted defensively to Axel, glancing to the Inarta and looking at him from top to bottom. He looked like he was busying himself over nothing in particular, but she gave no comment. She stood up and approached the male newcomer, emerald eyes devoid of any emotion, but had a sense of authority in them. "What is your name?" she inquired, her voice was low but not monotonous.

He looked older than her, but still young. He had rather feminine features, but it did not deprive him of his masculinity. Judging from his clothing and actions, the Inarta perceived him to be an Artisan of sorts. Brunhild wasn't the type to make friends, but nonetheless, it was about time she made some.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 21st, 2010, 7:13 am

Fenilen had that funny little reaction when she called out to him. YOu know, that one when your parent calls your name and you know you're in trouble, where your legs sort of bend a little, and shoulders rise, your neck tilting back ever so slightly.

Be calm, he thought to himself. Nothing can go wrong as long as you remain calm.

"St-studying the paterns on the wall for inspiration?" Fenilen stuttered, turning around the face the Endal... or rather, in the general direction of the Endal. His gaze was cast downwards fearfully at his bare feet, his toes flexing nervously.

"F-F-Fenilen, ma'am. Fenilen Ruin," he once more managed to say. He managed to steal a glance at the Endal. He was a full foot taller than her, if not more, and yet he was still more nervous than he had ever been around her.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 21st, 2010, 7:34 am

Brunhild tilted her head to the side, brows furrowing slightly. "Are you alright... Fenilen?" Brunhild questioned, inching closer to take a better look at the male Inarta. He had wonderful green eyes. "No need for any formalities," she added casually, turning to the wall and examining it.

"Hmm, it's rather pretty indeed, I suppose..." she looked down to her shoes for a moment, examining her sturdy boots, and then looking back up to Fenilen. She tried her best to start a conversation of sorts, but she wasn't a conversationalist. "Damn, making friends is difficult!" she exclaimed telepathically to Axel, who merely snickered in delight, "good luck."
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 21st, 2010, 7:57 am

"Fine, fine, perfectly fine!" Fenilen declared, managing to not stutter for once. "Sometimes I just come here for inspiration or to think when there's nothing going on here for the day. I didn't think there would be anybody else here, I'm sorry if I disturbed whatever you were doing, Endal," he then shot out.

He nodded when she commented on the wall. "I was near here when I made an earring for my sister. It was red, and had some black spots in it. Very beautiful piece, if I do say so myself. I've been looking around for more inspiration recently, hoping that something I find here inspires me to make something... something beautiful, a masterpiece, if you will," Fenilen explained. "I'm a Glassworker, an artisan, not as important as the Endal, Priskil bless you all, but still important, I feel. We provide the city with a feeling of beauty, no?"

HE took a few depp breaths, leaning against the wall. "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I'll try not to talk too fast and ramble anymore, I'm certain you have more important things to do with your time..."
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 21st, 2010, 8:10 am

"My name is Brunhild," the Inarta girl smiled softly, looking uncharacteristically demure for a moment. "And no, you deprived me of nothing. I am merely here to... think," she sighed, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Aren't you getting better?" Axel chirruped teasingly. Brunhild ignored this, and continued to converse with the artisan. "No need to apologize, it's my free time right now," she chuckled cutely, "you artisans beautify the surroundings, you're just as important."
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 21st, 2010, 4:07 pm

"Then it is a pleasure to meet you, Brunhild," Fenilen said, with a smile and a nod. He had found his inspiration for his piece.

This lady, Brunhild, she was calm, despite his antics, yet he was certain she had a side he wasn't seeing, one where she would snap, a fiery temper, an passionate, furious anger. She was his inspiration. A blue piece, or some other cool color, decorated with pieces of fiery red, orange, and yellow.

Perfect. Beautiful. He smiled proudly, something which probably would confuse Brunhild. "I thank you for taking time out of your limited free time to speak with me, Brunhild," he then said out of the blue, bowing ever so slightly.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 22nd, 2010, 1:28 am

Brunhild's smile faded for a moment in confusion, tilting her head to the side as she watched the other Inarta grin. "What are you thinking about?" she asked with genuine interest, seeing his infectious grin, and then she smiled once more.

"I'm sure you artisans have as much little free time as we do, working on those beautiful things all day..." she sighed dreamily at the thought of glass-blowing, holding her glass-blown necklace that hung around her neck for a brief moment. "Anyway, I have been looking for someone to speak to..." she trailed off, blushing softly, "It's been rather quiet."

"Yes, yes it has!" Axel nodded in agreement, even though Fenilen could not hear her. She flapped her wings vigorously, enjoying the sunlight.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 22nd, 2010, 2:07 am

Fenilen grinned a bit more as she asked what he was thinking about. "I found that inspiration," Fenilen hinted vaguely. He watched the eagle curiously, tilting his head as he watch, smiling once again. Quietly, he chuckled as she commented on how she thought he lacked time. "I've spent more time searching for inspiration recently than I have crafting. I've also spent a lot of time with my birds. Beautiful creatures, they are," Fenilen mused.

"I prefer the quiet. A better working environment, if you ask me. That's why I work more late in the evening, when most people are anywhere but the Glass Furnaces," he then added honestly. "The last piece I made though, was a few weeks ago, for my sister. She's also an Endal. Very wonderful girl, although I fear for her, sometimes. I feel she needs protection, though I can't always be there to provide it," Fenilen then commented. "I also made one for my younger sister. She's not allowed to have it until she's older, though. I'm afraid she'll break it."
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next