[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (FINISHED)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (OPEN)

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 22nd, 2010, 2:31 am

"I'm not one to be inspired easily," Brunhild murmured blankly, looking at the walls once more, but found nothing that piqued her creativity. "I've spent more time outside Wind Reach than I have inside..." she giggled.

"I prefer the quiet as well, I'm not too fond of noise. The outskirts are pretty silent save for the sound of the wind and the music of the trees," she began rambling on about the forests and wonderful wild places in Kalea. "O-oh, sorry. I didn't mean to babble like that," she blushed, looking away. "Since when were you so easily flustered? You're finally opening up to somebody!" Axel turned to the Inarta jovially. Brunhild turned to the Wind Eagle and gave her a silly face, causing Axel to chirp in laughter.

"Oh? Your sister is an Endal? Quite nice indeed, though I do not know much Endals... actually no, I don't know any others," she giggled once more, "I usually just keep to myself, but do not worry, her eagle can protect her."

"I'm positive your work must be fairly beautiful, considering the length of time you put off for inspiration," she mused.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 22nd, 2010, 3:00 am

"I've dreamed of seeing the world, but I am bound by the ancient law of the Inarta to remain here. If we do not stay here and work together, stay here and have everyone contribute in their own little ways, so we may survive as a whole," Fenilen said levelly. He shook his head as she attempted to apologize for speaking so hurriedly and lengthily of the outside world.

"It's quite all right, Brunhild. It intrigues me. I wish I could be fortunate enough to see it," Fenilen said honestly. He shrugged, flushing a bit as she commented on how his work must be beautiful. "I am but a novice in a field practiced for hundreds of years. My works are nothing compared to even the adepts of the field," he said honestly, a hint of wishing in his voice.

Fenilen smiled and chuckled as he watched her interact with her eagle some more. He coulde only ponder whatr they were speaking about. He felt that nagging feeling he felt, when he was feeling another inspiration but he couldn't find a way to put this one down into glass, or onto paper, or onto anything. Words couldn't describe it. Gah, how it drove him insane! He would ponder on it when he was alone, for now, he was busy talking to someone.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 22nd, 2010, 3:24 am

"I've thought of going out of Kalea once, but I wouldn't want to worry her..." she glanced over to Axel, who was busying herself with imaginative thoughts of the sky. "She's sort of like my sister, my dearest friend, and my most trustworthy companion. I could never think or even dare of bringing her too far from home," she whispered with a small smile. Axel turned to the Inarta happily, but merely pretended not to hear her. "Whenever I go out, I do not stray too far from Wind Reach," she added.

"You said earlier that you've found your inspiration, must you be going now then?" Brunhild inquired, forest-green eyes looking up shyly, something rare and uncharacteristic, "It would be terrible of me to deprive you of your work."

"Don't say that, you'll drive him away!" Axel panicked, approaching the two and resting her beak lightly on Brunhild's shoulder. The Inarta placed a hand on the golden beak and pet it lightly. Axel made a purring sound, which caused Brunhild to crack a frivolous-looking grin.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 22nd, 2010, 3:39 am

"No no no, not just yet," Fenilen said honestly. "I need more time to think on it, to make it better than it already is, to plan how I'll make it," Fenilen then added, sounding almost like a crazy person as he described his method of making things. Curious, he approached the ever so close eagle, tilting his head as he examined his creatures, as if he was storing them to memory for later dates. That is what he would have painted on his work, an eagle. Yes, that would finish it. That was the missing touch. An eagle and it's rider. Another smile broke his lips.

"Thank you," he said out of the blue, turning to face her. "Both for providing sustenance for out people, and for granting me the inspiration I sought." After this brief moment, he looked at the Eagle once more.

"and what is her name?" he asked curiously, tilting his head once more in that head-tilty way.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 22nd, 2010, 3:46 am

"Were always happy to help!" Axel chirped softly, making Brunhild giggle. "Her name's Axel, and she says we're always happy to help," she beamed as she pet the Wind Eagle's beak once more, "she's my best friend."

"You... you got your inspiration... from me?" she trailed off, blushing once more. Axel looked expectantly at Fenilen, looking impatient as she waited for the Inarta's answer.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 22nd, 2010, 4:07 am

Fenilen chuckled once more, talking honestly. "Brunhild, you, er... are the inspiration?" he said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I felt like you were a calm individual, but you look like you have a fiery temper, a-a-a fiery passion, something along those lines, locked deep inside of you," he tried to explain, still scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry if this is awkward..." he then said after a short pause. "I didn't mean it to be, I-I-I only meant it in the sense that you're an interesting person, not in any other sense, i-i-it's far too early for that," Fenilen then blurted out hurriedly, his initial nervousness and awkwardness returning, thinking she might take his artwork for more than it was actually supposed to mean. He pressed himself up against the wall, scared of what the eagle or Brunhild might do in response to this new information.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 22nd, 2010, 5:12 am

"Wh-what's too early?" she questioned, her right brow raised skeptically, "I do have a fiery temper, though." she coughed. Axel looked away, amusement eminent in her garnet eyes.

"Why does he look so scared all of a sudden?" she discreetly turned to the Wind Eagle, who did a shrugging movement. "Oh, I don't know!" she tittered while slowly moving away. "U-uhm, it's not awkward, really..." she shrugged, not quite sure of what was happening. Instead she tried to give him a reassuring smile.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Fenilen on August 22nd, 2010, 6:07 am

Ah. So she hadn't taken what he'd said in some more obscure way. He scratched the back of his neck once more, returning to his original pose and stance, coughing awkwardly.

"Nevermind. Nothing is awkward, nothing at all," he stuttered out, smiling in return. He looked up at the sun, measuring it curiously for a second before turning back to her. "I have to go, the kilns will be freeing up around now. Maybe I could meet you sometime after I finish the piece...?" Fenilen asked curiously, tilting his head and smiling. He had an odd twinkle in his eye, one of fondness, perhaps showing that he was looking forward to meeting her again.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 23rd, 2010, 9:33 am

Brunhild's face lit up like the stars in the night sky. "O-of course!" she nodded vigorously, excited to have made a friend. She turned to Axel, whose eyes gleamed with a strange sort of mischief. She mounted the Wind Eagle and turned to Fenilen once more. "I'll be waiting to see that great piece!" she beamed, happily mounting onto Axel and flying off.

END.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

[The Courtyard Of The Sky] Hoping For A Friend (FINISHED)

Postby Dreamcatcher on September 30th, 2010, 6:16 pm

Character: Brunhild

Experience: +3 Socializing
Lore: Cloud Watching

Character: Fenilen

Experience: +3 Socializing
Lore: Wall Art Appreciation

Additional Note: Hmmmm, figure with a 1 you should be able to steep a tea and take care of someone bed ridden. And of course, if you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous