Closed [Fighter's Pit] Kreig the Teacher, Part Duex (Millicent)

Kreig is again teaching someone, how will things turn out?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's Pit] Kreig the Teacher, Part Duex (Millicent)

Postby Kreig Messer on January 10th, 2014, 5:32 pm

' Oh hoh, learning aren't we? You indeed mighty quick' Kreig chuckled, she was learning it somewhat.... but she still gave it away, to look then look away wasn't enough..... to randomize the motions was simply not enough! He had her height in his head, he had her form in his head..... he didn't need to look to aim, he just had to aim. He could hit her ten times over.....he could hit her stomach, he could hit her shin, he could hit her chest, he could just even shove his big fists inside her mouth...too brutal, but he might be able to do it.

Instead he didn't, he simply stepped to the side as her punch missed his chin ' Ohh, scramble me up will you?' He then stepped aside again "Nu uh, little one.... your learning but not quite there" Yes, he was enjoying this a bit too much, perhaps a bit psychotically, but he wasn't being so....that was just the monster inside of him speaking. He then moved forward himself, grabbed the young lass by her shoulders, spun her around and shoved her like a rude older boy "Can't catch me!" He told her in a taunting tone " 'fraid, yer still it lass"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Millicent on January 13th, 2014, 4:04 pm

17th of Winter 513

A growl escaped Millicent's throat, as her teacher danced out of the way of both of her blows. He at least gave her a hint she was on the right track. Stumbling forward, she almost tripped, but managed to catch herself. Straightening up, she stared at the across the training area, with her back to her teacher. How can I hit him? Her mind turned to fairy tales. The image of a knight is shining armor continuing to fight no matter how many times they where knocked down flashed though her mind.

Gritting her teeth, she turned back to face her teacher. His smile should have caused her to shiver, but instead her own spread to match it. He can track my aim with my eyes. She nodded to herself. She closed her eyes experimentally and crept forward. Shaking her head, she opened them again and bite her lip.

Multiple targets worked She picked out several targets. Her eyes still drifted from his throat, elbow, and back of the knee. Instead of charging, she moved forward till she was in striking distance and attacked. First she started with a jab at the elbow, then struck at his neck, and finally offered a flimsy kick at his knee. Millicent had forgotten about stance and attacked in a berserk like fashion. Every vital area was open for attack.
Thank you so much Altaira for the post template.
Millicent
Player

Words: 65816
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2013, 11:28 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on January 14th, 2014, 1:48 pm

In trying to correct one mistake, Millicent seemed to make an even larger one.... a completely foolish mistake that showcased her inexperiance in its entirety. He would have praised her for trying to look everywhere, to mask her search attempts... but the first usually gave it away, her series of target would be interrupted from the very begining.... what she should have done was simply watched the body as a whole, it should have been her entire target with little eye movement, each blow would know where to go.

Instead she allowed herself to be so wide open that in contrast to Kreig's seemingly open stance, her's was truly open. Kreig thrusted forward with an open palm, striking Millicent squarely in her abdomen and threw her violently back "SORRY LASS, YOU JUST GAVE ME FAR TOO LARGE A HOLE" Kreig said, despite the shout there was no emotion in his voice. He wasn't angry, nor was he happy.

"Lass, your eyes gave way too much information!" He told her as he approached "Don't petching let the enemy see that! When they say the eye is a window to the soul then do realize you want to keep the blinds shut, when you look. Look at me whole! visualize your target if you can't look at the body entirely!" He extended his hand forward, waiting for her to grab it so he can pull her up " Of all the tell signs the body has, the eyes are the biggest... they are the first weakness all should learn to overcome. Do you understand, Shepherd?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on January 14th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Her teacher's blow was already halfway through the blow before she even noticed it coming. The only reason she did was because her targets shifted and she thought he might be dodging to soon. Her eyes widened slightly, and she pulled her arm back to throw her own blow. A blow that was far to slow and far to late. Her teachers blow had struck, before she was ready to even throw her first punch. The force of the blow drove the breath from her body and pushed her back into the air.

Well that did not work Millicent thought as she flew backwards from the force of the strike. Her mind felt clam and clear for the brief second. She tried to understand how he could have reacted so quickly and how his stance was any different from her own. Before she could find any answers, her butt found the ground. She felt the force of the fall pass through, but did not yet feel the pain. Vainly her abdominal muscles worked to keep her sitting, but she collapsed backwards.

Pain like fire spread from her gut through her body. Her knees rose up, and she dug her hands into the dirt. A few tears forced there way through her closed eyes. The fire spread to her lungs, as she gasp and coughed. Her lips turned downward into tight scowl. For half a chime, she laid there trying to regain control. Her teacher's words flew over her. His words fell like blows causing her to flinch, and turn her head away. I am hopeless She thought as he explained not only the problem she was having but the solution. Unable to contain them she let the her tears flow like hot rivers down her face.

“I am sorry” She muttered not daring to look at him. “I was trying but I could not figure out how” She offered as a flimsy excuse. Opening her eyes, she could make out the blurry hand hovering above her. Reaching out, she grabbed it and pulled herself up. Stepping away from Kreig, she wiped her eyes and dried her tears. Why am I such a cry baby? She wondered Her eyes squeezing shut. Her stomach still ached.

Taking a few steps away, she turned to face her teacher. “I am sorry I failed to see my error. I accept what ever punishment you deem worthy.” Millicent offered, her voice carefully blank. She bent her whole upper body forward in a bow. She stared at the ground, her body trembling slightly as she waited to hear his judgment. The pain in her stomach began to subside, to be replaced by minor pains in her back and rear.
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on January 14th, 2014, 3:46 pm

' Um....I may have been too harsh' Kreig thought, truly he did not expect her to cry. He sighed as he patter her "Lass, raise yourself up... I'm not going to punish you" Kreig said in the softest way possible as he ruffled her hair "If I punished you for your vast inexperiance, then I may as well call myself a heartless bastard" he told her. He placed a couple of fingers under her chin and raised her head, showing her a smile "For whats it worth, you did your best. If you were experiance and you did that, then maybe I'd give you a punishment that would fit such a crime"

He then stood straight and looked up at the sky, his eyes then closed and he pondered "It gives me an idea on what we could focus on though for our next lesson, just don't be surprised if I bruise you once or twice" Truly, he needed her to remember the physical, itch into her mind... she could either steel herself to tolerate or train herself to avoid. What he needed was to sharpen her instinct, pain helped with that as cruel as it sounded... but thats whats expected in battle, Kreig learned that through years of fighting. Pain was his friend as well his enemy, he took it on like any other, challenging it to do its best against and when it looked like it would be a foolish challenge, he avoided it. He needed to teach her that.

"In any case, remember your mistake lass... let your body remember it, let your soul remember it. Else those eyes of yours are going to be someone's trophy" He switched to a serious tone then ruffled her hair once more, letting out a chuckle "Now I suggest you go home and rest lass, I'll be expecting you for our next lesson. And do bring the five Miza's next time.., the three free lessons will start with the next one"

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on January 14th, 2014, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on January 14th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Slowly, Millicent straightened back up and looked Kreig in the eyes. Her eyes where red still, but the tears had stopped. A small smile was trying to creep its way across her face, but she fought to control it. Stop it she told herself, annoyed at how she was responding to praise. A giggle excaped her mouth at the mention of the next lesson. The prospect of pain did not scare her. “Sounds fun” She offered looking at the man with a grin.

A small shudder passed through her body. Even with her little experience with the world she knew that he was right. “you hesitate, you die” She quoted the scarred man, she had met on in soothing waters not that long ago. That thought make her stomach turn. Was he right about the world she wanted to deny it, but could not.

“Alright so 5 gold Mizarh's and a free meal for next time.” She stated forcing herself back to a happy state. Despite being upset earlier, she felt a smile cross her face. She hesitated for a second and then wrapped her arms around Kreig's waist. “You forgot an important part of the deal...You owe me your name.” She smiled up at him before letting him go.

After getting his name, she turned to leave the fighting pit. Her day off had not turned out a waste of time at all. She moved alittle stiffly as various pains, she had ignored before began to surface. Don't hesitate, and don't look at your targets. She chanted in her mind forcing herself to remember.
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Orion Michaels on February 1st, 2014, 11:56 pm

ERMGERD, GRADE IS COMING
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 2nd, 2014, 12:32 am

Kreig
+1 Boxing
+3 Observation
+3 Teaching
+1 Negotiation
+1 Unarmed Combat

lore :
Millicent: Little girl, big ambition
Millicent enjoys fighting
Teaching: Do this, do that. Step by step instruction.
Conditions for Millicent as a Student
Letting a student learn from their mistakes

Millicent
+4 Observation
+4 Unarmed Combat
+1 Philosophy
+1 Negotiation

lore :
IOU: 5 GM to Kreig
I have to be strong, not just for me, but for everyone
Conditions for Kreig as a teacher
Damaged ligaments will slow a foe

Notes
Nice little spar, you two. Kreig, don't assume hits, unless you two agreed to it before hand, in which case you can totally ignore this. :P Let me know if you have any questions and please remove this from the grade queue.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous