Closed [Fighter's Pit] Kreig the Teacher, Part Duex (Millicent)

Kreig is again teaching someone, how will things turn out?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's Pit] Kreig the Teacher, Part Duex (Millicent)

Postby Kreig Messer on December 14th, 2013, 8:37 am

17th day of Winter, 513 AV 13th Bell 9th chime

It was another cold Winter day and Kreig found himself once more at the Anthonius Fighter's Pit, in truth he had no reason to be there this day. Rachel, his sister, wasn't here to teach today and his cousin Cristiin was busy working to pay any mind to him. He thought about going to the orphanage and check upon Claire but the young lass would likely spending the day with her brother since today was a day off from his apprenticeship.

He walked about the Pit's grounds, observing the number of people training themselves to become better warriors. There was Yargul and Ceryl, sparring against each other with blunt longswords, no doubt Kreig would find them trying to rope some poor novice to fight with them. Gerrard Anthonious was teaching some folks on the use of the sword while Cecil Schneider was busy teaching others how to fight bare fisted.

The brawler soon took up a secluded corner of the Pit as he dropped his own equipment to the ground, consisting of his wooden training blades and his old worn out gauntlets. He took up a boxing stance as he suddenly jabbed the air in front of him with his left, repeating the motion in what seemed like an endless amount of time before following up with a straight punch with the right as he pulled his fist back and then released it forward. In that moment of time he brought back his left and then threw it forward in a hooking motio before finally lowering him and his right down then raised himself up for an uppercut.

Kreig then repeated the motions, over and over, trying to instill them within himself...to have his body memorize the motions. He knew he could have something with this style, his movements were brutish but deadly, clumsy-looking but quite destructive beneath that faced. A person who looked closely at Kreig's movements would realize that despite his lack of experience in his current choice of unarmed combat, there was a vast wealth of combat experience beneath.

His punches knew where to hit, where to cause the most amount of damage. His Jab's, other than intending to disrupt his opponent's rhythm, were aimed at the opponent's eyes and chin. The eyes to be blinded and the chin to disrupt the movements of the body, a knock to it would rattle the brain around and effectively end any battle...that is if the opponent's recovery time was slow enough.

His straight punches and uppercuts, other than simply aiming for the obvious targets like the head or the stomach could also be aimed at the target's neck or even their tender privates. A straight punch if it were to pass by the head could also be quickly turned into a back handed straight, his knuckles ramming into the side of the target's head. A hook punch he still hadn't quite found a dirty use for, but the Brawler will deal with that bridge when he gets there.

For now he kept on repeating the motions, trying to ingrain them in his own physical memory and eventually incorporate them into his own style of combat Then I'll have the deadliest fists in the city

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Millicent on December 15th, 2013, 8:33 pm

17th of Winter 513
What am I doing here? Millicent wondered as she walked around the large open area.
There was so many people, and she did not really know where to go. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing. Millicent hovered around the entrance mainly. When a person came in, she openned her mouth to speak to him, but was ignored,

Moving deeper into the Fighter's Pit, Millicent watched a pair of people fighting with real swords. She hide off the side so not to distract. them Every time a sword clashed, she winced slightly. At every sword swing she envisioned a missed block and a someone collapsing like a doll. The clang of the steel on steel made squint her eyes.

One block did miss. The opposing blade slide down the side of the sword and struck the wielder on the hand. Millicent turned her head away and closed her eyes. She rubbed her hand in sympathy pain. She turned back around and started to head toward the pair, but they were already back sparring.

Why am I here? she began to walk around again. She avoided the large groups of people and took to just staring a individuals. Her head began to hurt form the constant clanging of weapons, and she found herself edging away from the smaller groups. Finding a quiet corner, she sat down.

Her fingers idly played in the dirt, and she just watched the people going about their training. She did not want to bother anyone, but she had no clue what she was doing. Great use of a free day Pulling her legs under her, she sat cross-legged and drummed on her knee cap. Her eyes traveled the room, fell on anyone leading a group. A sigh left her mouth though, as it become clear each of these did not work here.

Millicent was not sitting there very long before a very tall man came close to where she was sitting. At first, she did not really notice what he was doing. However, her attention was slowly drawn to his form and strikes. She sifted so that she was propping herself up with her hand while she watched him practice his punches. She looked down at her own fist.

In her mind, a large tall man stood laughing at her. Pulling her arm back, she tensed her muscles and threw her entire body into the punch. Then the man laughed. Millicent looked up at the at him and he seemed to grow larger and larger. She punched him again, He laughed and grew larger.

With a shake of her head, she banished the image from head. Millicent watching the man continue to train. I wish I could do that. She thought able to see the power behind his strikes. Giving a small gulp, she stood up and approached the man. Millicent retained a respectful distance, not wanting to get hurt. “Could you teach someone to do that?” She called to the man when he seemed to reach a stopping point.
Thank you so much Altaira for the post template.
Millicent
Player

Words: 65816
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2013, 11:28 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on December 16th, 2013, 8:31 am

Kreig stopped suddenly as he heard a soft young voice a short but safe distance away from him.He was surprised he heard it really... He turned his head to face the young voice, unsurprisingly the source was a young lass, 16 of age mayhaps? She looked quite fragile really, her face a tad boyish along with her short hair She wouldn't be so out of place in Sun berth if not for her skin Indeed it was a face of someone who had never faced serious hardship, perhaps she had, Kreig couldn't know for sure. Wounds need not be visible for them to be other after all, Kreig had his own baggage.

"You want to learn how to punch hard lass? Are you sure about that, you don't look the sort if you forgive me for saying" Indeed, a young lass like her did not seem to have much power behind her, if she had a weapon or so it would perhaps be more useful Still, some targets don't require too much power to damage and Kreig knew such targets very well.

"Well lass, I'm afraid I can't teach you to make your punches more powerful. That's something you need to train your muscles for and such, but I can teach you were to aim where even a toddler could cause some serious damage? Just 5 gm and I'll show you all I know!"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on December 17th, 2013, 11:12 pm

17th of Winter 513

Millicent tried to stand firm before the man, keeping her eyes firmly on his.. Gritting her teeth , she balled and unballed her fists. Her ears turned slightly red under his gaze. She shifted one foot behind the other and began to sway back and forth. “Please don't reject me” she muttered under her breath not sure what the man was going to say.

“I need to be stronger.” Millicent said biting her lip and keeping her hands from shaking. “I...am to weak.” She looked down at her feet and shifted her foot back and forth. To weak to what?....live? Her hands clenched into fists. Her body gave a shudder as she felt a finger drawing a line across her neck. Her head snapped up as she glared at the man she wanted to help her. “I will be stronger, so I can protect everyone.” Her voice came out low and growl like.

Blood rushed to her cheeks as she heard her own words. Gluping, she force her legs to to tense and run away. Her hands balled and unballed faster. Millicent allowed her stare to fall and turned her head away. Her body trembled though from fear or rage it was not clear. Idiot, it takes more than words to get strong Her fingered dug deeper into the palm.

A breath escaped her, and she turned back a normal color. Her body managed to stop shaking. Her hands loosened and she gave a slight smile. So it is not a complete waste of time? Her thoughts turned a little more positive. She flexed her arm “I think I might be stronger than a toddler” She said with a little giggle.

She patted down her pockets, but felt nothing in them. Biting her lip she tilted her head back and forth. Is that fair? Her shouldered feel slightly. Well if he said it, then that must be what he feels is right She reasoned allowing herself to sift back to a normal position. “Alright...that is possible. I will have to run home to get the money though”
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on December 21st, 2013, 7:07 pm

' So she wants to helps others, eh? Kreig chuckled, there was certainly nothing silly about that....indeed one could call it naive, but it wasn't silly Kreig believed. He paused suddenly at the fact that she didn't carry money with her at the moment, then examined the young miss....She honestly didn't seem to be a bad sort. Kreig simply waved it off "Ah, don't worry about it lass....just bring your money with you for the next lesson" Kreig decided as smiled at the young lass.

"So...lets get our first lesson out of the way, yeah?" He told her cheerfully as he took a step back as he raised his palms "Now lets start with something simple. I want you to strike at my palms...kickes, pucnhes, whatever. This is to see just for me to see what you can do" Kreig told her with a comforting smile. Indeed, by doing this he'd be able to know if she would be able to strike at the targets he was going to show her next, even if she didn't have strenght....speed, precision and the right targets made for a deadly combination.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on December 23rd, 2013, 2:40 am

17th of Winter 513

The soft sound of chuckling reached Millicent's ear. Her blood instantly rushed back to her face and she clenched her fist as a sudden anger flared through her. Her shoulders slumped slightly, and she turned from the man. Now you look like an idiot. Her ears turned the color of roses and she began to feel a sinking sadness. Should have told him you just like fighting. a voice trumpeted in victory.

What does he mean pay next time? Her mind wondered, not understanding what he meant. As her mind absorbed his words, her shoulders lifted back up. Her heart began to beat faster and her fist unclenched. The redness drained from her ears and cheeks taking burning sensation with it. Turning back to face the tall man, she grinned widely. Her mouth opened to question him, but closed again.

Thinking about his offer, her lips pursed and she hummed softly.. “I am not sure about that” Her head nodded back and forth slightly. She rose her hands to her lips and and closed her eyes as she thought. What if I can't find him again? She thought worrying about not giving him is due. Taking a deep breath, she sighed and said. “Well if your sure we will have a second lesson”

Millicent drew closer to the fair skinned man, and shifted sideways. Her left hand rose to her chest, while the right rose up to around her nose. Her eyes looked up once at the man, her whole head tilting backwards to do so. She looked down at his hand again focusing her eyes on the center of it. Her face twisted. Part of her face grinned ominously, like a wolf looking at her prey. The other side frowned in concentration.

Should I really be doing this? She wondered her stomach feeling queasy.. Her legs shifted nervously underneath her, or was it from excitement. Her hands where shaking. Lets give it everything part of her begged. It wanted to fight, and it thought it would be fun. Biting her lips she tried to control herself. Thats not very nice or lady like She countered in her head weakly. He would not like it The real reason slipped out. She could almost could here laughter in her head. Cold, angry laughter.

Taking a deep breath, she punched his hand. The first fist handed near close to the center. She paused for a second trying to get the feel of what she was doing. She threw a second punch with the same hand, and landed near the same location of the first. This time she followed with her left and alternated the right back in for a third punch behind the last. Her muscles tenses with each punch as if the muscles where fighting each other. The hits where not slow, but where clearly not something she was use to doing. Accuracy wish, she was fairly consistent.
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on December 23rd, 2013, 7:22 am

"Ay lass, we'd need another lesson at least" As it were, the girl would perhaps exert an amount of energy that parts of her body wouldn't be used to. As such, other than simply to test her speed and accuracy, this exercise would be an attempt to wake up those sleeping murcles.

She was fairly accurate to say the least, but she lacked slightly in speed 'Understandable, she likely hasn't performed much combat training' Her punches seemed practiced enough though and it was only now that he noticed the wolfish grin on her face 'Ah, enjoying this are you? He let a small smirk make its way to his face as she threw another punch to the centre of his palm.

He moved his opposite hand upward to his neck, right at his throat, while he lowered his right to in front of his groin. It might have looked awkward but these were prime targets for her to aim at. After she would strike those, he would move his palms to in front of his eyes and even the joints of his limbs ' If she memorises these, with enough training she'all be able to take down even the most dangerous of foes' It was perhaps an exaggeration on his part, but regardless they were indeed vital targets. Against a male target, the groin being struck was like being struck bh a boulder a thousand times. Striking the throat would desrupt their breathing and cause them to stagger, breaking the joints was like breaking strings on a puppet and of course punching the eyes would blind them. These were all the targets known to him that he could share, there were of course others but those required a more.... intensive... session ' And protective gear, don't think she'd appreciate a headbutt'

"Alright lass, don't just give me punches, kicks too and don't try to do anything fancy. Just straight up blows, you wanna survive, not show off"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on December 24th, 2013, 7:10 am

17th of Winter 513

Millicent hesitated with her next punch. The man had changed the position of his hands. Her eyes darted between his groin and neck. Pulling her hand back, she struck for the hand above his neck first. Her arm traveled above the side of her face, almost hitting her own ear. As a result, the punch was much slower than before and hit more the side of his hand.

Her mind drifted back to how the man had done a combination of left and right jabs. Focusing her eyes on his groin. . First she threw a left punch but pulled it back before it really made contact. Just before her elbow became parallel to her shoulder, she followed with another left. The punch made contact with though with only a little tap. Finally, she threw her whole body behind a right punch. The punch connected with the palm of his hand with a nice solid thump, but it the combination was far to slow and powerless to compare to what the man could do.

It became clear to Millicent that now was not the time nor place to try such things. The next strikes focused solely on speed and precision. Her muscles began to feel warm and lose. The wolfish grin has spread back across her face. I want to fight him A thought crossed her mind with a flash of red. It held no hope in wining, but it thought the fight could be fun. With a shake of her head, she banished the thought and focused.

Her eyes tracked his hands. Her stare alternating between targets. Her whole body shifted to face where she was going to strike next. Millicent tried to drive out all other distractions, such as the clang of swords or the talking of people . Faster, Stronger, Surer Her mind chanted as pushed her muscles harder. However something kept eating at the back of her mind.

“I know theses spots.” She said suddenly dropping her fists in amazement. “ That is the lower tendon of the biceps, you can rub that area to relax the muscle.” Her mind thought about the lessons she learned about human anatomy. There was a moment of brief silence and in sunk into her. “Or you could do the opposite. With minimal force you could disable the muscle.” With that clicking in place, how the man was moving his arms suddenly made a lot more sense.

The next challenge came when he ask her to throw in kicks. Millicent frown and took a step back form the man. She stood there for a second trying to figure out how to even make her body move correctly. Her legs where spread slightly apart with both feet pointing forward. Alright a quick practice kick Pulling her leg back, she kicked like she was trying to hit a ball. However she also forced her leg high to hit the man in the stomach. She held her leg stiffly, and felt herself toppling backwards.

She hit the floor with a plop, and her eyes winced shut. Millicent looked up at the man with her mouth open. “I am sorry” She muttered as it occurred to her that she had failed horribly at kicking. She turned her head away in shame. “I have not really seen many kick.” Her defense seemed weak even to her. Her left eye was closed tight, and her whole body was tense.
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kreig Messer on December 24th, 2013, 8:03 am

The lass kept amusing him more and more as a wild beast like grin made its onto his face ' The pup was enjoying this ' She attacked each target he presented enthusiastically, each punch had an energy of joy not unlike his own ' Are you like me lass? A beast born to fight? He asked silently. Yes, there was a certain kinship here , before him was an animal that must be tamed..not broken...controlled, help her control the animal side and teach her how animals fight.

He raised an eyebrow as she explained the part about muscles....honestly he didn't quite know that, he was just presenting her the targets he knew to be the most effective ' Huh, learn something new everyday'

"Alright lass, keep up the good work" He complimented as he kept changing about the targets....then came the kicks, and well, after the kcikc to the stomac... she failed utterly"...ah" He let out as she stumbled back and fell to the ground.

"Ah, that's alright lass, we'll just work on those" Kreig left out a soft chuckle as he approached the lass, lifted her up gently and landed her on the ground. He patted her on the head, petting her hair like one would pet a pup " Just one more thing we can focus on, yeah?" He gave her a sincere a mile as he took a step back "Now, if you're not feeling too bad, we can keep going with punches like we've been doing or just take a break. You're choice lass"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Millicent on December 27th, 2013, 6:35 am

17th of Winter 513
Balls of sweat glistened like dew between blades of unkempt blonde hair. A few hand already begun their trip down, rolling over the fair skin that had barely ever seen the light of day. In places, the skin blushed a faint red, either form the cold, embarrassment, exertion or a combination of all three. The rest of the balls of sweat where wiped away before they could follow by the coarse fabric of a cheap shirt.

The shirt rippled up and down with each breath of the girl wearing it. Each ripple was slow but deep, following a steady rhythm. Strong words of encouragement blew past the lass, but like water they refused to be captured, and where gone before she could absorb them. Her eyes closed tight, the muscles around the lids quivering, and she seemed to collapse in on herself.

Her whole body tensed for a brief second as a strong grip closed around her arm. She rose like dead weight, completely limp and passive. Then she began to fall again, and was halfway to the ground before her legs caught her. She stood hunched over, with her back parallel to the ground. Her eyes where still sealed shut but she straightened her body, and stood with her chin held high.

The muscles in her face tenses as if expecting a blow, but a one never came. Instead there was a gentle touch on her head that lured her eyes open. Millicent's eyes travels up the man's arm and to his face. They were opened wide with the barest hint of moister lingering on the lower lid. Her lips quivered for a second, before drawing tight. The muscles seems at war with themselves as one set wanted to pull up will the others wanted to pull down.

“You are not angry?” Her voice rose steadily but betrayed a hint of fear underneath. As it became clear that her teacher was not angry, the battle between her lip muscles ended. Her smile returned, along with a hungry look in her eyes. The redness in her cheeks dissipated, and she felt a glow inside of herself. If possible her smile grew when ask if she want to continue.

Her eyes closed again, but this time lightly. Her head nodded back and forth as if a scale seeking to find a balance. There where positives and negatives for either way. She did not really want to stop, but she was not sure if she want to continue target practice. Nodding to herself, she opened her eyes again and shifted back slightly. “Would you fight me?” Her voice trembled. Her hands shivered slightly betraying her nervousness, but her eyes hinted at her excitement.

“Please don't go all out, just enough so that I can see how to use those targets in a real fight” She justified to herself as much as him. Her fist clenched and unclench. There is no way I am ready for this. The nervous side of her complained. It is not about winning, it is about having fun and getting better the excited half explained.
Millicent
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next