PM to join A Knight in Blue and Ale for Two (Alevadra Durva)

Tourmal meets Alevadra over a few pints

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Knight in Blue and Ale for Two (Alevadra Durva)

Postby Tourmal Firemane on March 13th, 2014, 4:20 am

Tourmal, Winter 3, 513 AV

When the woman raised her mug he did likewise. The two sipped at their drinks. The woman's next comment was a bit aggravating. First she is angry because of what he says now it's because of what he doesn't say. 'There is no winning with this woman.' The smith thought to himself. 'If she wants honesty she can have it. “Ok, well if I'm supposed to be honest then I will start with what you already know.” He looked away unsure as to how she would react. The man knew that this was going to be a complete disaster.

“My name Is Tourmal Firemane, I am of the Ruby clan, and me family are jewelers.” That was easy. “I left me home to come here because of me older brother who is next in line for Ankal.” The man felt his temper rise slightly thinking about his older sibling. “I like to drink, and I like women even more, and weather you like it or not, It is true I do find it more sad when an attractive woman dies. However I feel the same way about skilled individuals. As far as I am concerned, if you aren't trying to do your best at what you do, then you might as well give up on life.”

Well he said it. Whether she liked his comment or not, was to be seen. If it cut their conversation short then so be it. He told her the truth and would not hide it from her any longer. He honestly didn't care if she liked him or not at this point. It seemed pointless to try to act a part he wasn't she would see the real Tourmal from now on.

“Aye, I can't imagine how much you practice. Me friend is always busy with training. We trained a bit together some two springs ago.” He took a drink. “Didn't get to much out of it.” The man laughed. “The two of us thought we would save the world.” He took another drink. “Only thing is, that he was the only one of us who kept trying. And still is fer that matter.” The man thought back to their training after they were released from the caves following the djed storms. “Perhaps you are right, that would be nice. First thing is first though. I gotta make a name fer meself as a smith. Fore I go tryin a pick up warhammers.”

When Alevadra let out a sentence in Pavi, Tourmal felt like he was hit by a galloping strider. The man was at a loss for words. After a few seconds past, he snapped out of it. “Would be nice, but bows aren't for me. I would more likely knock someones head off their shoulders than pierce their heart.” He replied in Pavi. He hadn't noticed the name before but it did have the air of a Drykas name. Next time he was in Endrykas he would ask around about it.

When the woman described her ideal sword. He listened carefully. There was nothing better than to talk to experts with weapons to find out how to better make them. His work was average. Most work was of his caliber. This made him valuable but not extraordinarily so. Weaponsmiths were common in the big city but there was always a large market for it. So a weighted hilt and pommel can help with smaller fighters. When the majority of the weight is in close they could swing the weapon easier and would not tire as quickly. It also helps them be more precise. 'Hmm.' He thought to himself.

“Say, you haven't had many travels outside of Syliras now have you?” It was an honest question, which deserved an honest answer, he thought.
Tourmal Firemane
Player

Words: 178467
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Knight in Blue and Ale for Two (Alevadra Durva)

Postby Alevadra Druva on March 24th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Of all the Gods and Goddess Ale could prey to, it was always Tyveth. Tyveth was often the one followed by knights, so it wasn’t surprising that Ale was devoted to him. However, his domains were something she took exceptionally seriously. Honor, chivalry, honesty, justice, valor… She valued these virtues with abandon. Even if from this desire to hear honesty and to do the just and right thing caused her emotional displeasure, she would whole-heartedly embrace it as what was right and needed.

Tourmal was honest, and Ale looked at him with a stoic expression, brown eyes matched with his as he spoke, nodding slightly. The knight let a moment a silence rest between them after he had finished speaking. Brown eyes shifted to her drink as she took a small sip before turning her attention back to Tourmal—surprisingly enough, there was a private smile upon her lips. “Jewelers? You must be used to beautiful things.” She avoided talking about the brother and that he was not in line to be Ankal—the tension in his jaw and eyes showed it was a nerve—one that Ale had no intention of pressing.

“Above all else—I value the tenents of Tyveth. One of which is honesty. Regardless of whether I enjoy what I hear I want to heard the truth; I do not want to heard what I desire to hear just to be placated. Our views may differ, but I think no less of your for what you value and believe—those are yours to choose and who am I to say otherwise?” She let a small shrug lift her frame before tapping the mug. “Thank you, for your honesty.” The woman smiled and glanced to him. “I’m Alevadra Druva, I’ve always lived in Syliras. Both my parents were knights, I have no siblings. I was raised as a knight since the day I was born. I find it sad and tragic when anyone dies needlessly.” She stated.

“How can you save the world without a reliable sword? You’re still going to save the world, the difference is—you’re doing it from the background.” Ale winked and smiled. “Can’t save the world with a shoddy blade, now can you?” Ale was a positive force, one of encouragement. “You’ll get there, Tourmal, you have that drive about you.”

It seemed her speaking in Pavi was off putting. Surely she said it right? She’d spoken Pavi with her parents for years! Oh how terrible it would be if she said the wrong thing, used the wrong syntax. Suddenly Ale found her throat gripped with nerves of making a fool of herself. However, Tourmal spoke and her worries eased—at least he responded appropriately.

“Ah, well,” She gestured to her rather trivial form. “I’m not going to be knocking anyones head off. However, I can be quick and quiet—which is perfect for a bow. You,” She gestured to his figure. “Are perfect for a weapon like a Warhammer.” The knight tried not to think of skulls being bashed in, but the images still came, twisted bodies, mangled and broken—bows were clean, those dead still looked human, recognizable…

“No… Local Patrols were about the extent. Nothing ever that... Interesting. I will be going to Riverfall in the Spring to work in a Post out there. I expect it will be an interesting experience. How about you? Are you well-traveled? Surely you could tell me endless things about Endrykas,”
Who needs love when you have honor and dignity?
Alevadra Druva
Syliran Knight

Words: 151878
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous